Yoda

White Skeleton Meditation

Guest sykkelpump

Hi KoHsuan,

I must admit I though that staying in stillness was the most important part too. Not to start an argument but in the audio Bill said "...... visualize all of the chi in your body shining white using the skeleton as the basis you let go....the whole point of the practice is to get you to rest in emptyness."

Stillness is the bit I "want" although visualization is fun too IMHO it's just the "trick" (if you like) that gives you stillness.

yes he say it in a way that is easy to misunderstend,you should email him if you doubt me.because if you practice like this you do it wrong.

when he say :Once you can visualize a stable skeleton you let go,he dont mean if you can get a glimps of your whole skeleton for half a second or something.he means a steady visualisation.When you get that than you will enter samadhi.then you let go.

In the beginning you have trouble with the wisualization,you might not see anything.as long as you concentrate on continue trying to wisualize, the mind is constantly working(busy) on trying to see the skeleton,so it blocks the thoughts.that starts to generate chi.chi goes where mind is.so when you start to see the skeleton,chi goes to the skeleton.then channels open.then you reach samadhi.then you let go.

Michael,

Thanks for sharing this link. There seem to be other good audio tapes as well. In fact, everything there seems good. Would you recommend anything else from these guys?

I have there other two CD's. The Sleep one never worked for me, though I tend to be a hard core insomniac. The heart CD has an interesting Kan and Li meditation on creating a fire globe in the chest, ice globe at the dan tien, then flipping them. The heat steams the water and you're left energetically cleaner.

I don't use it much, though I recognize the power of it. I like the bone breathing best.

I don't think its commerically available, but there's a Kaishan Chi gung Longevity meditation that also lights up the skeleton then slowly sends you down in age to a baby, then up to 140 years old thats really good.

Michael

when he say :Once you can visualize a stable skeleton you let go,he dont mean if you can get a glimps of your whole skeleton for half a second or something.he means a steady visualisation.When you get that than you will enter samadhi

Totally get you (hopefully :) ) What sort of visualization practice you have done previously will determine how "steady" the visualization is and how well it silences the mind.

My own personal idea, which could be totally wrong.

I use this as a very quick one point focus. Close eyes, dissolve flesh, shining white skeleton, dust....... about one second each and linger in the nice emptiness for a few seconds. I find that is working well for unwanted sexuality or other thoughts.

The "real" meditation is a 20~30 min session first thing in the morning after my chi gungs, a lot more intense on the visual of each of the bones and integrating them into the whole skeleton visualization.

I'll be emailing him sometime next week, apparently if you do a little review he will send you another ebook as payment for the testimonial :)

Web site is http://www.meditationexpert.com/ less than $10 highly recommended (unless you really hate doing visualizations)

Guest sykkelpump

White skeleton could be kind of similar to Mantaks inner smile?

What does everyone think of inner smile of Mantaks?

Hello my friend,sometimes i almost give up.read my posts.dont understand how you can raise the question if inner smile is like white skeleton meditation?

You can not copare it at all,like day and night.Inner smile is at the best a watered down meditation method.You should learn the principles for generating chi and opening channels. the basic rules are empty mind or concentration meditation.Seems like people refuse to understand that.There are no secret, breathing exersizez,mantras or forms.the main thing is to stop the mind,that generates chi.when your chi pressure increase,blocks open .Inner smile is not a thought stopping exersize.Maybe you can focus so hard on internal smileing that your thougts are blocked.but than again that is not the orginally meaning of the exersize.and you dont have a good focus point.so i would recommand other meditatinos like wsm.

Tired of trying to get people of jumping around on diffrent qi gong exersizes.find a method that help you stop the mind.that is my last advive.my last post here ever

Wish all of you all the best,including vajrsattava ;)

Hello my friend,sometimes i almost give up.read my posts.dont understand how you can raise the question if inner smile is like white skeleton meditation?

You can not copare it at all,like day and night.Inner smile is at the best a watered down meditation method.You should learn the principles for generating chi and opening channels. the basic rules are empty mind or concentration meditation.Seems like people refuse to understand that.There are no secret, breathing exersizez,mantras or forms.the main thing is to stop the mind,that generates chi.when your chi pressure increase,blocks open .Inner smile is not a thought stopping exersize.Maybe you can focus so hard on internal smileing that your thougts are blocked.but than again that is not the orginally meaning of the exersize.and you dont have a good focus point.so i would recommand other meditatinos like wsm.

Tired of trying to get people of jumping around on diffrent qi gong exersizes.find a method that help you stop the mind.that is my last advive.my last post here ever

Wish all of you all the best,including vajrsattava ;)

thanks for the best wishes right back at you,

as for being "watered down" meditation....

depends who's inner smile you practice...

The original Inner smile was a secret mudra for warriors & kings in RAJA YOGA.

Peace

Santiago

There are no secret, breathing exersizez,mantras or forms.the main thing is to stop the mind,that generates chi.when your chi pressure increase,blocks open ........ my last post here ever

I hope not, I appreciate your help.

Thought this was interesting, ripped from The Magus of Java,

(don't really want to get distracted by a John Chang debate :) )

To fill you your dantien with (yang) chi requires 81 hours of absolute meditation. A beginning student can not hold his concentration for long. Perhaps in one hour of siting he is actually in meditation for 1.3 minutes. i.e he is only meditating 2.2% of the time and needs 10 years of training to get his 81 hours of meditation.

In actual meditation there are no thoughts and no sense of time. If you are thinking or aware of yourself you are not in meditation.

Working Towards Enlightenment.

The word samadhi has two entirely different meanings; "the samadhi that is neither thinking nor not thinking," and "the samadhi without thinking"

IMHO the WSM allows you to achieve the samadhi that is neither thinking nor not thinking by stopping your thoughts with the visualization.

I have not experienced the other type of samadhi with WSM yet but I believe that holding your mind still with the visualization will allow you to experience the samadhi without thinking. Naturally when that occurs you won't be holding any visualizations etc they will naturally dissolve / dust etc....

If you are visualizing your skeleton shining what difference is if you are looking at your heart, lungs, spleen, etc all shinning and feeling good>? Its all visualization and thinking its really happening no matter if its a bone or an organ!

Ape

Sorry, about all I know about the inner smile is that the book is siting on my partners bookshelf :)

I think Bill mentioned that because you are visualizing the entire body (by virtue of visualizing the skeleton) you will be smoothing all the chi channels and meridians etc throughout the entire body, rather than just a part of the body.

But like I said I have no idea. Try both methods and see if they feel different. I just want to know how to practice WSM correctly :)

A bit but it's only 11 pages long.

• Talks about the Buddha.

• Then reads a bit like an aditorial for itself saying why WSM is so good:)

• Talks about the increase in sexual energy.

• Talkes about actually being able to see bones.

• Gives the method itself.

• Then a bit on why certain parts are important.

• Then this really cool Soma Cream meditation
    "The hermit sage Hakuyu taught Hakuin the following remedy:
    Your condition is pitiable. By contemplating on truth too strenuously, you have lost the rhythm of spiritual advance, and that has finally brought on a grievous malady. And it is something very hard to cure, this Zen illness of yours. Though the sages of medicine frown over your case and put forth all their skill with needle and cautery and drugs, yet would they be helpless. ..."
    (sorry to tease :) but sound usefully if you have done a few different practices over your life)

• and then 7 special tips

I believe the White Skeleton Meditation that Nan Huaijin and Bill Bodri teach comes from a Buddhist sutra that has not been translated into English....

The Essentials of the Secrets of Dhyana Meditation Sutra (禪祕要法經)

I believe the White Skeleton Meditation that Nan Huaijin and Bill Bodri teach comes from a Buddhist sutra that has not been translated into English....

The Essentials of the Secrets of Dhyana Meditation Sutra (禪祕要法經)

It comes from Bon Po.

Hey Brother Vaj,

Would you be able to share a typical Bon Po meditation even a basic Bon Po skeleton you dont have to give away any secrets just a quick how and when, why its done?

cheers

Ape :)

Hey Brother Vaj,

Would you be able to share a typical Bon Po meditation even a basic Bon Po skeleton you dont have to give away any secrets just a quick how and when, why its done?

cheers

Ape :)

Some of the main ways on Bon is to see them clean, or cleaned.

Learn to expand & Contract them

Learn to elongate them

Learn to see not only the outside of them but through them as if they where "Pipes".

In Bon they have methods similar to Nyasa interestingly enough its similar to the way we do inner smile. Basically learning to run "intent" behind what you do & within.

In their case they send MANTRA through the bones etc to have various outcomes and effects. & they send kundalini through the bones to purify. No matter what you do be it sit still, move, make love, eat, run, walk, train martial arts, be aware of your bones. in fact the VAJRASATTVA practice is one that purifies marrow & Bones and makes you visulaize them GLOWING BRIGHT. that is the Nyingma version "Yigya" purification in Bon po. Which basically starts with a diety yoga and then flowing divine nectar/Kundalini downward flow through bones, body etc with special mantras.

2nd level is to flow and fill like a vase or jar and the over flow from bottom up..as glenn called it " Filling a sausage!"

3rd level is to see it glow and manifest from with in the purity.

It gets even more advanced after this. Basically....

Become the skeleton entirely and yes obviously make it shine bright.

On another level there is the chod practices which go into way more detail and I will not reveal them in public out of respect to my teachers.

Dr. Glenn Morris did a lot of these methods almost intuitively...(his shakti was very generous!).

We also cover it in gTummo as a purification process.

We cover the skeleton in "Earth" section of KAP with certian visualizations, mudras, mantras, breathing, and shaking. Muladhara chakra "governs" the marrow & Skeletal structure. Then we cover it again in another aspect of KAP at the end when we deal with Crown Center & Void element and beyond that (in that section it is much like Avishkara/deity yoga and vajrasattva like practices but more Shamanic less "SUTRA".

Then we cover it again in KAP 2 with various "chod" healing methods.

Peace

& hope this helps.

Santiago

• Like 1

Damn man, didnt realize you had so many skeletons hidden in your closet!! That was a awesome read thanks mate, hope to meet up some day.

Spirit ape

Here are my questions and Bills response

<snip>

> Can 9 bottle breathing replace Anapana or can Tai Chi replace Anapana?

No, anapana is best, but at your stage of clearing chi channels (a beginner) you need 9

bottled wind to help with chi channel purification.

<snip>

> So the question is, as a beginner, how long would you practice and for how

> much of that should you visualise the skeleton and when would you let go

> and just be empty?

there are many ways to do the practice ... all bones visualized at once

and then let go to emptiness, or for people who have already opened up chi

channels to turn each bone into emptiness to let go. When you are the

stages past the breaking through of the skandhas, this second method is

what will happen when you are undergoing higher stage chi body

purifications, but it is far beyond the typical person's experiential

level

Emptiness is the key thing. This practice helps open up all chi channels

WITHIN the body versus deity yoga wherein you purify your chi, but slower

since it is an external visualization. Plus this one helps one reach the

Taoist stage of inner viewing quite easily/quickly, which helps with

other practices. So use your common sense and adjust yourself according

to principles and what works best for you vs. for other folks.

In other words, if you choose an offshoot method and find other people are

succeeding with the mainstream method, you drop your insistence on your

own creation and go with what most often works best. However, that does

not mean you cannot succeed with some variant. However, once again, most

people who insist on a large variant are just pleasing their egos rather

than humbling cultivating "let go." You see?

In general, get to the point where you visualize the whole body as a

skeleton, because then the mind is in a concentrated state and entire chi

body involved, and then let go. If you let go to emptiness and don't

cling, there is a "sweet spot" (like in tennis) where the chi is changing.

If there is no such spot, you are clinging to mental emptiness -- a

mental fabrication. Only a teacher can help you realize what that spot is

unless you are smart enough to figure it out yourself. If you access real

emptiness you chi changes instantly and at this stage you will feel it

instantly, but people think that's wrong and try to block it to get back

to stale clarity.

This meditation sounds really great but as I have seen Budhist forms of skeleton meditation explained before it has always also been explained as being an insight practice were you are examining impermanence, no self etc. in addition to getting concentration and chi work done. I don`t see were the insight part of this practice comes in. Of course really spending so much time visualizing yourself as a skeleton can bring insights about impermanence by "accident" but as I have read about such things before it is usualy done more structured and learning the "concentration" parts of the practice is peanuts compared to learning to do the insight parts of the practice well.

On a related note my meditation teacher say that when one is doing deity yoga the insight part of the practice is what the meditation is actualy about but many people in the west doing deity yoga just visualize themselves as a deity and stop at that and don`t realy get how to use it as an insight practice and then it isen`t realy deity yoga at all but just rather meaningless play with visualization which only gives benefits in terms of concentration and chi but does not achieve the actual purpose.