Yoda

White Skeleton Meditation

On a whim, I just ordered Bodri's White Skeleton practice. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very cool and an interesting angle that I hadn't considered before. It looks like it'll be extremely beneficial for grounding/healing/martial/dancing applications in addition to being a great general vitalizer.

I'm getting interested in developing my healing abilities and this is a jackpot practice to that end. I'll keep everyone posted on it. Bodri makes some VERY strong claims about the superpowers that it can cultivate if practiced seriously.

There's some overlap with bone breathing type chikung, but this looks much simpler and easier. If anyone has any experience with it, or better yet--attainments with it, let me know! I didn't get a feel for the suggested duration of the practice per session but it sounds like it can be done in 10 minute sessions.

-Yoda :twisted:

Okay, I've actually tried a few sessions and I bought an anatomy book b/c you have to know your bones exactly. I'm going to get a model at the toy store today so I can study the bones in 3D.

Good stuff. Superior presentation than the bone breathing/iron shirt HT angle. Although I find myself combining the white skeleton visualization with bone breathing and the chi coming up through my feet to my head to activate and intensify my bone imagery as it'll take awhile for me to hold the image of every bone in my body simultaneously. Bodri implies that this kind of imagery is a crutch, but I feel that it is beneficial. Also I'm doing this while standing instead of sitting as I feel more vital when I stand.

If you are drawn to bone magic, this practice is a must have!

I'm also interested in getting my hands on Bodri's 25 Gates to Meditation but can't find it on addall.com. While I'm not a Buddhist, his articulation of meditation practice kicks ass. If anyone has a copy to sell, I'm interested.

Thanks!

Yoda 8)

Okay, I've actually tried a few sessions and I bought an anatomy book b/c you have to know your bones exactly. I'm going to get a model at the toy store today so I can study the bones in 3D.

Baaahaa (sais the sheep)

Behehetter to feheheell thehe bohones

Seriously good idea. I'll check it out. Maybe I'll imagine them laughing too. I've bumped into similar Buddhist White Skeleton practices before but I thought they were revulsion or chod practices, not chi/samadhi practices. Very interesting stuff. I'm sorry I just missed doing it on Halloween.

-Yoda 8)

You gotta get your paws on the White Skeleton. It's a very well-articulated bone visualization practice and you'll need anatomical bone diagrams especially of the feet. Goes great with K1 breathing/standing/etc. It's only $8 so buy it... (but if your wife has confiscated your credit cards, Bodri allows me to pass it on to a maximum of one individual without being cursed. So I can send it your way.) I'd like to hear your reaction to it.

-Yoda

Hey Yoda,

Just remember the goal of this type of meditation... all those visualizations are ok but at the end they all perish. That is the goal that actually WILL bring you super-powers, if you practice long enough. By that time you won't really care about them either, as like everything else, those powers are just an illusion. I want to quote a part form "25 doors to meditation":

"When Buddha was alive, there was no temple or communal shelter for his students. Therefore, he often asked his students to cultivate in graveyards where they were to practice the body-mindfulness and skeleton visualization techniques. In that time in India, graveyards were very dirty places with corpses visibly decaying everywhere, so there was plenty of opportunity to watch the putrefaction of the body and to observe its internal structure of flesh and bones. Hence a proper knowledge of anatomy was important for practicing this sadhana and still is today. In watching a physical body decay and putrefy, the practitioners would also be struck by the dirty, impure, and impermanent nature of the body, from which it was easy to learn detachment and free oneself from sexual desire..... ..... many of Buddha's students achieved enlightenment in as little as three days because their surroundings were different and they learned how to detach from the physical nature..."

I agree with the Buddhist angle that wisdom is worth more than any amount of gold, chi, jing, superpowers, immortality points etc. But the more bright you burn, the more light you have to see with and gain more insight. So chi/bodhicitta cultivation is a precious goal and worth pursuing in its own right.

It's a great practice. I'm sold on it. A big thanks to you and Plato for pushing Bodri all the time. I've come to appreciate his brilliance and clarity as a teacher. It's got strong wisdom and compassion components from an angle I had never even remotely considered before. Have you done it much?

You can even feed the ghosts with your organs while you are at it and Plato can blast through that pistol barrier-- it's like Fantasy Island--something for everyone! :wink:

Time will tell how I do with it! I'm doing primordial followed by standing white skeleton several times a day--yum!

As far as a goal, I'm thinking that becoming a powerful psychic healer is a very attainable 'in one lifetime' goal. I want a goal that I consider to be strong progress yet easy to achieve.

-Yodster 8)

You wrote:

[As far as a goal, I'm thinking that becoming a powerful psychic healer is a very attainable 'in one lifetime' goal. I want a goal that I consider to be strong progress yet easy to achieve. ]

If you haven't heard of Master Choa Kok Sui, suggest you do a search on him with google where there are tons of material about this man. I was told by many professional healers that he is the best and it is worth learning from him if you wish to become a good healer.

With metta,

Harry Pain

Does anyone know where to pick up a copy of "Twenty Five Doors to Meditation" for a reasonable price? Amazon has it listed used for $125 for a $15 book.

I bought Bodri's "How to Measure and Deepen Your Stage of Spiritual Realization", it's over 700 pages so it's going to take a while to get through.

Does anyone know if "How to Measure and Deepen Your Stage of Spiritual Realization" pretty much covers the material in "Twenty Five Doors to Meditation"?

Is it really work worth getting if I have access to his other books?

I have the exact same question... Just bought How to Measure... and Beautiful Skin... and white skeleton... and White Fat Cow and will get the 5 elements book sooner or later. I'm thinking that I'll call off the dogs on 25 Doors.

White Fat Cow is just okay--lots of theory, not very practice oriented. Everything else is a lot of fun. Beautiful skin contains white skeleton but not with the same background info. White Skeleton rocks and I'm sure the elements book is very good too.

-Yoda

I haven't had much luck with aphrodisiac herbs b/c they make me live at the point of no return and I have a difficult time succeeding in jing retention with them. They are so powerful and easy, it's a shame that I have to set them aside. If there is an herb I might have overlooked, please advise.

In contrast, this White Skeleton practice seems to increase sexual desire in a way that is easier for successful jing practice. Jing is aroused in the same way, but is not as inclined to escape. Maybe the bone connection locks it in better.

Due to increased horniness, it seems to reduce the amount of sleep you need/end up getting and thereby provide the practitioner with more time to practice. I am NOT doing White Skeleton during this night practice time--as I do enjoy sleep, but I'll look into what kind of feedback loop doing White Skeleton during the night watch sets up.

This is only after a few days of this practice, I'll be curious about long term results.

Master Bodri didn't specify crosslegged sitting or stool sitting with the feet flat on the earth in the pamphlet. Anybody know which he recommends? The visualization seems to be easier to do when sitting rather than standing.

Also, In Bodri's "Measuring..." book, he talks about feet, toes, and the left big toe in terms of their importance to focus on so I do spend more emphasis on my visualization on my left big toe and feet. I'll give my left big toe a title and a large, permanent inner smile, if he keeps up the good work!!

-Yoda

Try your local university or public library: interlibrary loan. I had a copy for two months before it had to go back. - J

Why start a new thread when you can find a really old one :)

Questions about WSM

How long would / should a session last and how often? I'm looking for something I can do regularly every day and a 1h20m meditation makes this really difficult for me :)

After you dissolve the skeleton visualization when your mind starts up again do you:-

ignore and just drop back to stillness

re do the visualization and dissolve again

or stop the meditation there for that session.

Also is this method "complete" by itself.

You're only getting older and this is the fastest way, along with breathing methods, to change your body and make progress on the cultivation path.
because I don't know any breathing methods :)

Does anyone have an easy to read Buddhist scripture with this method?

Why WSM, apparently its a good one for martial artists and I probably should brush up my visualizations, been getting a bit slack.

Will leave with this nice quote.

My personal suggestion is to stop flipping around from fruitless technique to another new "meditation technique of the month," go deep into this one (which many people have succeeded with), and make the progress you've always dreamed about achieving.

:P

This type of stuff is common in Bon Po & Nyingma tradition. Dr. Glenn Morris uses a lot of this sort of "Bone" work. So does Hatsumi Sensei.

Also its common in Shamanic meditations. Bear Medicine.

Peace

S

I wonder how this would go with Kunlun level 1?

I do both practises and they dont really go together, as the energies are pretty different. Not only that, but visualizing is not "letting go"

In my experience, the visualizing the bone unleashes some kind of forceful energy that feels similar to sexual energy. It continues to work many hours after the meditation session, which I do for 25 minutes only (not including the emptiness afterwards)

To extend the time of this meditdation, I just revisualize each bone, say going left foot, then again left foot, then ankle and lower leg, then doing left foot again. This method gives a nice surge.

Guest sykkelpump

Its a VERY good meditation which gives you incredible burning chi energy in the whole body as soon as you gets good at visualizeing your whole skeleton.And it is very easy,you know what to do.just visualize your whole skeleton.many people misunderstands and let the skeleton become dust and blow away and try to stay in that emptiness.you only do that when and if you reach samadhi. And dont combine it with other methods,this is a one point concentration meditation.combining will break your concentration.this can be a fast way for those jumping around for new qi gong methods all the time to achive real results.

Edited by sykkelpump

Another resource for feeling the skeleton is Chi Nei Tsang's The Bone Dreaming Meditation CD. Its a 30 minute guided meditation that slowly lights up your skeleton. Very nice, put it on, lie down, it even includes the sutures within the skull, having them flex as your breath. For $15 its a nice bang for the buck.

http://www.chineitsang.com/products/bonedreaming/index.html

They have a couple of good guided meditation audios.

Michael

Another resource for feeling the skeleton is Chi Nei Tsang's The Bone Dreaming Meditation CD. Its a 30 minute guided meditation that slowly lights up your skeleton. Very nice, put it on, lie down, it even includes the sutures within the skull, having them flex as your breath. For $15 its a nice bang for the buck.

http://www.chineitsang.com/products/bonedreaming/index.html

They have a couple of good guided meditation audios.

Michael

Very cool.

We will get into Skeleton when we cover Root/Earth Chakra on sunday's KAP & also when we do 5 Gate Breathing and in KAP 2 when we cover Chod & Bone Breathing.

Santi

Guest sykkelpump

Very cool.

We will get into Skeleton when we cover Root/Earth Chakra on sunday's KAP & also when we do 5 Gate Breathing and in KAP 2 when we cover Chod & Bone Breathing.

Santi

Since you use every chance for advertising.I just want to make it clear for readers to not confuse bone breathing with the white skeleton meditation.

Since you use every chance for advertising.I just want to make it clear for readers to not confuse bone breathing with the white skeleton meditation.

Haha since you use every opportunity to be an arse I want you and the readers to know that what I teach is NOT just bone breathing & that what i teach is the root of MOST practices & that The skeletal methods I share with folks are infact Bon Po, Nyingma & Shamanic (native american and South American) in origin and a lot older than Bodri. Ah and don't lesson the Bone breathing cause if applied in a combative setting you would be the first to scream.

I only mentioned a few aspects of the "skeleton" and yes in original Skeletal practices the bone breathing is PART of the ball game. But you focused on only one aspect I mentioned and not all because your stuck in tunnel vision I was speaking and responding to someone who is in the course who happens to also be on this thread. It was not ADVERTISING per say. It was just what it is...Information.

Peace be with you,

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

From my limited experience, WSM is very powerful!

I'm stoked that Vajrasattva's course covers "bone teachings". :lol: