sahaj

what is "red Phoenix"

What my friend and I seek in a master isn't subtle energy, but rather obvious energy.

My friend is years ahead of me, and as my senior I trust his judgement on the matter.

What you say is true though, just because something is too subtle to be felt doesn't make it nonexistent.

It just makes me uninterested in it.

Max has no more appeal for me than a reiki master, or a wiccan coven leader, or a sufi priest or whirling dervish.

Sure all of those people may have some valid teachings, but I am not interested in sifting through them.

I've got maybe 50 years left here on this earth If I am lucky, and I've got something I want to do before I die.

There is so much that isn't going to help me realize my goal, and my time is running out.

I don't want to waste my time.

So when someone way more advanced than me goes and visits a famous master and tells me not to waste my time, I trust his judgement and move on.

No offense to you or anyone else.

Hi MorePieGuy.

Your basic premise here, on which you base your assumption, is faulty. Therefore anything based on it is faulty.

It is a faulty premise to assume that because a person cannot feel something, that it is not there.

It is a faulty premise to assume that 'because I have felt other things, I should be able to feel this, and if I cant do so, it is not there."

The logic is not coherent.

It would be more honest to say " I have felt chi and transmissions so I know I am capable of feeling energy, and in this instance, with this person, I felt nothing. Therefore I have no idea what the nature of this frequency might be. It looks as though others have tuned into the frequency. Some more quickly than others. And I have felt nothing."

you might also go on to say

"this is potentially interesting, since in general I can feel energy in all living things. So this one is definitely outside my frame of reference."

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

What my friend and I seek in a master isn't subtle energy, but rather obvious energy.

My friend is years ahead of me, and as my senior I trust his judgement on the matter.

What you say is true though, just because something is too subtle to be felt doesn't make it nonexistent.

It just makes me uninterested in it.

Max has no more appeal for me than a reiki master, or a wiccan coven leader, or a sufi priest or whirling dervish.

Sure all of those people may have some valid teachings, but I am not interested in sifting through them.

I've got maybe 50 years left here on this earth If I am lucky, and I've got something I want to do before I die.

There is so much that isn't going to help me realize my goal, and my time is running out.

So when someone way more advanced than me goes and visits a famous master and tells me the dude is a bad joke, I trust his judgement and move on.

No offense to you or anyone else.

...ok...so...you have no basis for claiming that Max is a fraud or illegitimate. What you typed above is a very different opinion than calling someone a fraud.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, that is exactly what you've been doing...

1) By following your friend who actually isn't advanced (for instance, he hasn't even learned the basic lesson of "do not judge" in calling someone a 'bad joke').

2) By looking for masters of "obvious energy", who by that very definition, have nothing to do with your end goal of immortality. Seriously.

3) By not actually practicing anything.

4) By spending your time casting judgments on people with entire lifetimes of experience, as if your opinion (as a non-practitioner and someone inexperienced in what you're discussing) meant anything to anyone. It doesn't...or at least it shouldn't!

5) By assuming that all of the people at this forum are untrustworthy, inexperienced, less knowledgable than you or your friend, etc. That's a joke.

6) By choosing to remain ignorant of one of the few paths that would lead you to your desired goals within your lifetime.

7) By reading this, and not considering the truth of the words.

...ok...so...you have no basis for claiming that Max is a fraud or illegitimate. What you typed above is a very different opinion than calling someone a fraud.

I absolutely can't stand how his system is marketed, it's as if a professional marketer was hired to make him out to be a God. I don't think he is nearly as advanced as his marketing department would lead you to believe.

I don't think maxes hands glow, I don't think he has magnetite crystals in his brain, I don't think he was struck by lighting which fused his third eye open, I don't think he or his students can disappear while in meditation, I don't think the people in his videos are really having orgasmo chi fainting spells, and if they are it is purely psychosomatic.

I think max might have some legitimate techniques, such as the third eye breathing he teaches, that is how I was taught to fill the upper and middle dan teins.

I think max may have some degree of very very subtle ability and those sensitive to it might be able to slightly feel it.

I don't think he can walk on water like so many others though.

I'd be willing to eat crow if I got a personal demo, or if he underwent at least some basic scientific observation.

I would put max on the level of a reiki or wiccan master, and it isn't something I am interested in learning as I fail to see how it could possibly help me.

My honest apologies if this offends you, It's not my goal to offend anyone.

I should have known better than to answer a question from 2 years ago on such a touchy subject.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

It's my path to walk, not yours. I do my best not to fill my head with nonsense. If I throw the baby out with the bathwater so be it.

Unfortunately, that is exactly what you've been doing...

1) By following your friend who actually isn't advanced (for instance, he hasn't even learned the basic lesson of "do not judge" in calling someone a 'bad joke').

2) By looking for masters of "obvious energy", who by that very definition, have nothing to do with your end goal of immortality. Seriously.

3) By not actually practicing anything.

4) By spending your time casting judgments on people with entire lifetimes of experience, as if your opinion (as a non-practitioner and someone inexperienced in what you're discussing) meant anything to anyone. It doesn't...or at least it shouldn't!

5) By assuming that all of the people at this forum are untrustworthy, inexperienced, less knowledgable than you or your friend, etc. That's a joke.

6) By choosing to remain ignorant of one of the few paths that would lead you to your desired goals within your lifetime.

7) By reading this, and not considering the truth of the words.

• Like 2

It's no offense to max, he may very well be the real deal. However, there is so much fraud and deception out there, I would rather learn from a master that doesn't flaunt such abilities unless they are willing to back it up by being observed and documented by scientists. Maybe he's afraid of the attention it would generate, but even if that's the case why did he make knowledge of his abilities public in the first place if he isn't willing to submit to scientific validation?

Just seems like a have your cake and eat it too, sort of thing.

Wim Hof has no issues or qualms with submitting to such an exam, and has done so.

That's what I want to see from someone who claims to have abilities, not personal testimony from followers.

Lot's of people say to follow your heart, well both my heart and my head vote no on max.

Nothing personal to anyone here who likes the guy. I might change my tune in the future if he can document his abilities in a scientific setting, or he'd be willing to give me an orgasmo chi demo. Otherwise no, I'm not interested.

I dont think you are offending anyone, MorePieGuy.

It looks to me as though you imagine you are 'thinking' about Max/Kunlun when actually you are assuming and imagining.

Like this for example, from you:

Lots of decided to close down your mind about Max, is all you are showing. Which is understandable, given that the advertising is crass and your friend came away with no positive awareness of what Max is about. Understandable, but scarcely authorative or definitive or even probably qualifying as much other than frustrated prejudice..:blush:

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

they are willing to back it up by being observed and documented by scientists. Maybe he's afraid of the attention

It's become apparent to me that you NEED to shut up.

As has already been said, Max has been tested a few different times. He would show you if you visited him. Why show a bunch of strangers who aren't even interested in the system? And yet you insinuate that he's "afraid".

I know you realize that you're being inflammatory. You're speaking with kunlun students who respect Max and don't like to see him and his system defamed. Who don't like their opinions to be so blatantly disrespected.

Who don't have the time to waste with this pointless bullshit.

Since you have no interest, I ask you to go elsewhere. I am being offended by your words here.

I don't think more pie guy is being unreasonable, all that marketing stuff around Kunlun is ridiculous and I would imagine it has put off many serious students who could have benefitted from it.

• Like 4

I have seen a diamond.

No, all you have seen is a useless rock.

No, it was diamond!

And i tell you, its a rock..

Families have gone to war for generations over such arguments.

(sorry :unsure: for poking my nose in...)

• Like 2

If something smells wrong, dont eat it. One mans phewwhiffy is another mans nostril heaven.

But practise good faith and right speech while holding your nose, why not.

Yeah for sure. Reminds me of the time i nearly got spat upon by some street-savvy Hong Kong folks...

Walking innocently down the street when i caught a whiff of something tremendously pongy.

Had to turn around and walked in the opposite direction, holding my nose.

Met some locals walking towards a stall in the distance, the source of the smell. They heard me muttering something to the effect of, "Who in their right mind could actually be attracted to this foul stench?" They began cussing at me in Cantonese.

Turned out they were on their way to sample the local's all-time favorite -- Stinky, Fermented Tofu!!! :lol: :lol:

I just wonder why people with zero knowledge or experience on the matter feel uncontrollably compelled to speak up and say the exact same things every single time a thread comes up about max, kl, etc. And then on top of that, continue it for pages upon pages saying absolutely nothing new that they hadnt already decided years ago. What the hell is the point? If its "I'm just sayin'"...well, just sayin is sayin once or twice and being done with it. Damn near every time it comes up, its like what's the beef, if there is nothing constructive to add, why add? Sean Denty was really the only one that said anything concrete on it by saying "he doesnt have his dantien cultivated like masters and adepts in my school, outside of that, I do not know, but the practices arent really good to combine with my school's" or some such something. Outside of that I have never heard any sort of honest realistic assessment of words from someone outside the group of practitioners who do Max's stuff.

I'm not the most sensitive person, but having stood on a dam over the st lawrence seaway next to generators the size of four refrigerators and feeling the EM field from them that practically raised the hair on your arms; and having practiced enough to be at a 3rd or 4th gathering of Max's and feeling that same thing and opening my eyes and seeing that Max just walked by me a row of people away, I'm entirely convinced there's a significant level of attainment there (and that is just an example I'm comfortable sharing - did everyone else in the room feel that same thing? I highly doubt it.) Feeling what klrp did to all of my other practices like longevity breathing and such (=accelerating the effects of those) I've experienced enough to not doubt the path's efficacy.

For those who have no basis upon which to make statements...what are you accomplishing by doing so?

With regard to the marketing, it was pretty common knowledge long ago that Max gave Chris a lot of leeway in that area and it wound up getting too sensationalized. Are we going to "blame max forever since he gave approval?" A lot of us thought that horse was dead a while ago.

(C T....Max has a pretty impressive knowledge of tea, also ;) )

• Like 5

(C T....Max has a pretty impressive knowledge of tea, also ;) )

I picked up on it, thats why i asked. ;)

Whhhhewwwww! Holy shit, old school flame war.

The OP really got his money's worth with this thread :lol:

To get back to the original question, and summarize: "Red Phoenix" is a technique taught by Max as part of his Kunlun system. It's a seated meditation with an energetic element, and its centered on the brain. Max does not want the actual technique disseminated publicly which is why you won't see it described in detail on forums like this one. If you are interested, contact Max or one of his facilitators, or attend a seminar, for personal instruction.

Thank you for that. I don't know why any post that has anything to do with Kunlun turns into a Max bashing thread. This dead horse is hamburger already :angry:

Does any one know where I could learn Red Phoenix in London. Or better still from a book or DVD?

If you surf through the bashing, someone posted that this practice is only taught in person by Max or one of his facilitators. My question is can this be taught via Skype?

• Like 1

Interestingly, this morning i had an extremely vivid dream, in which i was at some kind of kunlun seminar.

It was funny, in the dream i exclaimed how i had no idea how i'd ended up here, i felt i'd vaguely signed up for it but i didn't remember anything leading up to the seminar. If i get to that level of questioning in a dream i usually realise it is such, but man this one had tricked me completely.

Well some cool stuff happened, makes me quite a bit more interested in this school now, as i hadn't seriously considered learning it before.

Could be a sign that Max is coming to the UK?? :P

My question is can this be taught via Skype?

It's a real simple technique, you could fit an accurate summary of how to practice of it in less than one paragraph.

My issue with it though, is that working with the upper dan tein isn't such a good idea till your lower dan tein is filled to the brim.

The order I was taught to fill the dan teins was lower, upper, and middle, and to be extremely careful working with the upper dan tein.

You can get energy into your brain and not be able to get it out, and no amount of antipsychotic medication is going to have one bit of effect on it. They call this kundalini or qigong psychosis, and it's a real threat.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

The more I learn the more I dislike comparing different teachers. For example, I could compare Max or Kan to a couple well known Qigong Masters I have trained with. But there isn't anything at all appealing to me in that myself.

The way I look at it now, if it's not for you it's not for you. Why critisize, judge and diss it? Why presume since something isn't for you it isn't the right way for someone else or incredibly helpful to someone else?

It's a big Universe, perhaps if something isn't for you and you hear others are enjoying it just moving along would be good?

There is a restaurant in Beijing that my friends like but everytime I eat there I get an upset stomach. Does it mean it's a bad restaurant or it's just bad for me?

Maybe spiritual teachers are like that and it's not a one size fits all situation?

• Like 3

The more I learn the more I dislike comparing different teachers. For example, I could compare Max or Kan to a couple well known Qigong Masters I have trained with. But there isn't anything at all appealing to me in that myself.

The way I look at it now, if it's not for you it's not for you. Why critisize, judge and diss it? Why presume since something isn't for you it isn't the right way for someone else or incredibly helpful to someone else?

It's a big Universe, perhaps if something isn't for you and you hear others are enjoying it just moving along would be good?

There is a restaurant in Beijing that my friends like but everytime I eat there I get an upset stomach. Does it mean it's a bad restaurant or it's just bad for me?

Maybe spiritual teachers are like that and it's not a one size fits all situation?

You again!!! LOL

• Like 2