sean

What are you listening to?

Ok, guess it's time to leave the dancehall. Wife and I have seen this boy a few times at Gruene Hall. Lotta fun to listen to.

Love that LP.  I thought, and still do, that Robin and James Dewar worked so well together that they appeared to be one person.

On 9/30/2018 at 1:56 PM, silent thunder said:

My son is a morning kid.  On weekends he wakes up shortly after I do and we usually take a long slow walk through the neighborhood before sunrise, before the busy folks wake up..

Satie utterly nails the feeling with this piece...

Satie is hard to dislike, even for those that don't generally listen to a ton of classical like myself : - )

• Like 1

"Do you like what you're doing,
Would you do it some more
Or will you stop once and wonder
What you're doing it for.
Hey slow Jane, make sense
Slow, slow, Jane, cross the fence."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

Satie I like the music 

don't care for the en plein air 

Yeah, but I don't remember Paris like that.  There was a lot more life there when I visited.

20 hours ago, kyoji said:

Satie is hard to dislike, even for those that don't generally listen to a ton of classical like myself : - )

I actually liked Satie. It's the kind of music I enjoy when I want to read ... soft, peaceful, no words to distract. 

Reminded me a lot of what used to be called New Age music. Not sure what it's called these days. There was a pianist by the name of Liz Story, that Satie was reminiscent of, who was greatly influenced by the great jazz pianist Bill Evans.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OldDog said:

I actually liked Satie. It's the kind of music I enjoy when I want to read ... soft, peaceful, no words to distract. 

Reminded me a lot of what used to be called New Age music. Not sure what it's called these days. There was a pianist by the name of Liz Story, that Satie was reminiscent of, who was greatly influenced by the great jazz pianist Bill Evans

Love Bill Evans, but Liz Story is new to me. Thanks for sharing. One more from me before i move onto other threads : - )

this one has been haunting me since i first heard it covered by a friend very recently...

"

Edited by kyoji

8 hours ago, Nintendao said:

Peace be with you.

What a great film too. I never realized this was a retelling of Homers Odyssey until recently. It seems the Coen brothers have a knack for this sorta thing.

• Like 1