sean

What are you listening to?

My nephew introduced me to Tosin Abasi's fabulous guitar work last night. This guy is very accomplished.

• Like 2

My nephew introduced me to Tosin Abasi's fabulous guitar work last night. This guy is very accomplished.

Beautiful playing - very reminiscent of one of my guitar heroes, John McLaughlin.

And I just noticed he's playing an 8 stringer no less!

I once carried on an email conversation with John, he's a very cool guy.

At the time he was very much into the Chan poets.

Edited by steve

Beautiful playing - very reminiscent of one of my guitar heroes, John McLaughlin.

And I just noticed he's playing an 8 stringer no less!

I once carried on an email conversation with John, he's a very cool guy.

At the time he was very much into the Chan poets.

Some Jeff Beck influence also. Just missed seeing Mahavishnu at the Spectrum in Philly in 71.

Yes, I can hear the Jeff Beck for sure. I saw Mahavishnu Orchestra in DC around '74. It was the second iteration with Gayle Moran and Jean Luc Ponty. Although my favorite recording will always be the live recording, Between Nothingness and Eternity.

Yes, I can hear the Jeff Beck for sure. I saw Mahavishnu Orchestra in DC around '74. It was the second iteration with Gayle Moran and Jean Luc Ponty. Although my favorite recording will always be the live recording, Between Nothingness and Eternity.

I can also hear influence by Alex Lifeson the guitarist for Rush.

listening to Aesop Rock's 2012 album Skelethon

i just learned he was white two days ago. tehehe just assumed he was black for like ten years

)

<_<This here, son, is the bomb.

I don't say this often but that was fucking brilliant ... forget what Marbles says.

• Like 1

the flavor changed around the 40 second mark

kinda like a post industrial japanese beach boys kinda thing

or maybe not lol

the flavor changed around the 40 second mark

kinda like a post industrial japanese beach boys kinda thing

or maybe not lol

I don't care what you say, I'm not going back to try again to listen to it. Hehehe.

• Like 1

I don't care what you say, I'm not going back to try again to listen to it. Hehehe.

You can't go back my friend, only forward.

• Like 1

i used to go thrifting for a fresh plaid suit for each bosstones show, i think i've been to 10... then the scene broke and mtv started playing that music.. the shows totally changed, it used to be hardcore and we would dance on stage with dicky barrett and then all of a sudden like overnight they started putting a barrier between the fans and the stage at all their shows, which incidentally were populated with teeny-boppers on drugs and drunk suburban punks. fuck it another scene ruined. The funniest thing is that those teenyboppers have no idea how much mtv and pop culture ruined music, they think that i and everyone like me is whining because we are elitist scenesters who don't want to share the good music! hahahha just thinking about the bosstones takes me back to pre-Dookie punk rock and shows the likes of which could never possibly happen now that the internet makes everything popular within 15 minutes.

now that you've listened to my elitist scenester rant, i will regale you with great music from devendra banharts new album mala

Lungs Face Feet

Traffic (live)

the pretty drummer in frame at 1:03 introduced me to crass, the clash, new model army, etc, when i was like 13... i used to have a huge crush on her! hehe i saw her at a show at the Princess here in pgh last year for the first time in like 20 years.. heres a minute and a half from that show

they played with the what cheer brigade, who is totally worth looking up on youtube if you are into big brass

What Cheer? Brigade

live at Belvedere's (after the show at the Princess mentioned in the previous post)

in which the What Cheer? Brigade displays the proper technique to employ when entering a strange bar for the first time

belvederes show starts at 1:42 for you impatient types

Edited by konchog uma

now that you've listened to my elitist scenester rant, i will regale you with great music from devendra banharts new album mala

Okay, that is acceptable even though it isn't any of my styles of music.