mewtwo

Make weapon out of chi?

What an interesting topic yet the answers are so typical for thedaobums. Only a handful of people decided to answer seriously and the rest were just making fun or joking around. This is the biggest problem I have with this community - nobody seems to know how to shut up when they don't have something constructive to say. :mellow:

• Like 2

On 1/5/2009 at 10:45 PM, h.uriahr said:

Dr. Strange can make a material weapon appear...

Doesn't he need his ring for that?

@king...

So maybe you could say something interesting about this interesting topic to bring it back on track.... :)

Edited by cheya
  • Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎01‎/‎2009 at 10:03 AM, mewtwo said:

So I was thinking and I had this thought. Do you think it would be possible to make a weapon like a sword or a staff out of chi?

No .  I much prefer wood for my swords and staffs .  After years of practice with wood, I guess I am attached to it.

Chi lends itself more to 'projectile  and impact weapons '   .

On ‎6‎/‎01‎/‎2009 at 0:07 PM, shontonga said:

Anything

that exists

can be

a wepon

but

why

:(

*sigh*

and yes people actively use it as such

Why ?    Well, because for some of us , we just enjoy the art  and form  or 'weapons play'    :)

On ‎6‎/‎01‎/‎2009 at 0:37 PM, Starjumper said:

I guess because they get pissed off and don't have a feeling for karma, or do have a feeling for it but don't care?

Concerning chi as a weapon there's one method of attack that is found described in the ancient texts, and that is that it can be used to zap people on the head. It is very disruptive to a person and can actually be an attack on their core values. It makes people get emotional, they loose control, get dizzy and fall down, start sobbing, things like that.

What ?  ....   Trolling  ?

The point is that when this happens the person is helpless and can be easily controlled. The attack itself is a huge invasion of a person's being and quite disruptive in it's own right.

HOWEVER, it turns out that this thing that everyone thought was a dastardly martial art technique turns out to be the latest, divine, high power, fast track, new age, spiritual technique!

Who knew?

What ?    It is .

yesterday someone (on another forum ) was freaking out about waking up at the exact time each night and feeling worse and worse. I referred them to TCM and posted a body clock chart for them, but while looking for a chart on line ......

" Waking Up At 3am Spiritual Meaning – If you wake up every night at the same time, is not ordinary. You should be aware of the time that you wake up because it has a message for you. Therefore, waking up at 3am is usually a sign of spiritual awareness. "

https://spiritualgrowthguide.com/waking-up-at-3am-spiritual-meaning/

and

"Waking Up At 3am Spiritual Meaning – How to Stop it? "       ... how to stop your spiritual awareness    :D 

No folks, don't treat your liver or lungs ... you are just getting all spiritually aware like   

:rolleyes:

I mean, any day a person gets their core values trashed or is even aware of their core values is a real good day 'spiritually'.

HAhahaha

Or at least people can be made to think that with some clever BS writing and suggestion.

It seems to need to be less  and less clever as  time goes on .

8 hours ago, king said:

What an interesting topic yet the answers are so typical for thedaobums. Only a handful of people decided to answer seriously and the rest were just making fun or joking around. This is the biggest problem I have with this community - nobody seems to know how to shut up when they don't have something constructive to say. :mellow:

But the chi weapons ... you didn't say anything about that .

(You do realise that, at times, an 'unserious answer' can contain the solution ? )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

But the chi weapons ... you didn't say anything about that .

(You do realise that, at times, an 'unserious answer' can contain the solution ? )

You could've combined all of your last posts into one to avoid spamming.

And yes I am aware I did not put anything forth so here:

Theoretically I know you can harden the blade and even sharpen it temporarily with your qi making it possible to withstand hard blows without the edge chipping, or cutting up hard materials like steel with an ease as if you were cutting butter (think sword in the stone of San Galgano).

You'd need a good amount of energy control and needless to say, good amounts of energy. Once you have that you'd need to project your consciousness into the said object so that it becomes an extension of you. And as you do that the energy will follow. Then you need to use your will force to give the needed characteristics of hardness and sharpness.

With enough talent and qi it should be also possible to use a simple wooden stick, bokken or even your hand and use them as weapons that cut better than any normal katana.

This is similar to how actual cursed blades work. They have incredible sharpness or other extra ordinary characteristics with the only difference being that they (most) don't use your energy for that but a deceased one's.

Now to take it a step further I do think it would be possible to create a weapon out of qi, even one visible to the naked human eye. But I also think that if you had that much energy and power you would not need any weapons at all to begin with, especially if you can make a visible one.

I did not write anything originally because I'm sure everyone here already knows that. This is all theoretical knowledge that can't be backed up by actual experiences. I believe that people who should be answering to such topics need to have more than just theoretical knowledge on the subject. Otherwise we are just debating and having small talks, never really getting anywhere, which isn't okay for me.

Best of energies,

King

• Like 1

Yes, well that is making a weapon stronger with chi .     I suppose some martial  artists believe their art is better or stronger if they apply their chi to it , including weapons forms .  But I don't think this is what mew2 was asking.

In my experience , it  ( any weapon made out of chi ) works more like a projectile weapon .  (Hope that was clearer  ?  )

18 hours ago, Marblehead said:

My Chi can kick your Chi's ass.

Don't worry about the sword that is sheathed behind my back.

My dear Marbles   ....  its all a      matter of ma'ai         :)   

Image result for dragonball gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maai

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 7:44 AM, Nungali said:

My dear Marbles   ....  its all a      matter of ma'ai         :)   

Image result for dragonball gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maai

"In terms of time, Maai pertains to the momentary lapses of awareness that are manifested in the opponent's mind. "

This is some nice info. Too bad it's so little

This free book have all information you might ever need on the subject. 

Disclaimer: Reading this book might give purple palm-shaped marks on your forehead,  aching ribs after laughter,  and temporary or permanent injury after attempting the methods. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, king said:

"In terms of time, Maai pertains to the momentary lapses of awareness that are manifested in the opponent's mind. "

This is some nice info. Too bad it's so little

Eg .

I developed a  jo  / bokken drill that demonstrates this exact principle at the end move ;  Jo deflects sword and suddenly unexpectedly jo other end is in swordsman face , he doesn't understand how that happened , its all to dop with the footwork and subtly changing Ma'ai of the previous 4 moves.

An accomplished swords man just smiled, and 'wasn't there' when I tried it on him ....  he had 'no momentary lapse of awareness' .

But then again ,,, or style are supposed to be masters of  ' tai sabaki '   some martial artist guy told me

Spoiler

' getting out of the way "   :D   

'tai sabaki'  sounds more mystical and threatening though   :D 

• Like 2