Yoda

The Tao Bum-Shakers

I'm stoked that there are so many shaking practices around here now: Kunlun, KAP, Jenny Lamb, Elizabeth in New Zealand, Keeney, and Jan Fries, etc.

These sources, in turn, seem to draw upon a great number of different traditions. At some point I look forward to studying with some of these other schools too. It's fun that many of the bums are fluent in more than one system too.

We are all getting shamanic around here... look forward to seeing how this all develops!

If anyone has additional shakey systems that they'd like to share, please do.

Yoda

Don't forget our friend Ya Mu's spontaneous qigong system Stillness Movement. Or haven't any of the Bums tried that yet? I was thinking about going to one of his workshops (we are both in Missouri, after all) but I don't have the money at this point.

Also, KAP has a shaking component?

I didn't know Ya Mu has one too, cool!

I haven't taken KAP and don't know how big of a component shaking is, but it seems to be in there from what I can tell.

There is a little bit of shaking in KAP, but it's a very small part of the system.

I wouldn't really call KAP a "shaking practice", per se. It's just that you shake a little to loosen up.

In my qigong lineage we practice visualizing the light-body bone by bone (I believe this practice is known to some here as the white skeleton) while shaking. All you shakers out there might try it out. It spices things up in a certain way, helps locate blockages, and trains us to channel and augment the shaking energy with visualizations.

I like to do a basic shake for about 10 minutes to loosen up and get things flowing, then do the visualization for about 20 mins, then finish with a free shake - just getting into the energy and following its lead.

I didn't know Ya Mu has one too, cool!

I haven't taken KAP and don't know how big of a component shaking is, but it seems to be in there from what I can tell.

In the pdf, "Secrets the Gurus will Never Show You", that Santiago Dobles and Tao Semko wrote, they had a lady with osteoporosis recover all of her bone mass due to the shaking.

Shaking was also part of Robert Peng's CD set.

A Qigong system named Infinite Sky I learnt from a person in Hong kong had shaking at both the beginning and end of qigong. Sifu taught us shaking specific parts of the body in specific way in the beginning but to conclude, he would have us shake mostly in small spirals and let the spiral shaking build up from the bottom of spine up till one felt ectastic. He warned us however to do grounding without fail after this shaking session. This system seemed to agree very well with me for it surely had something to do with Kundalini.

Edited by SiliconValley

thanks for the additional shaker info! That WSM does sound yummy!

I'm trying to remember that dude's name who has a shaking compound down in Bali somewhere.

I just saw "Lost World" cute flick. A woman in there does some shaking while dinosaur hunting... getting keyed up just does that I'd imagine.

Seeker and Lino, thanks for the KAP clarification... it's in the system but not a main component then.

I'm trying to remember that dude's name who has a shaking compound down in Bali somewhere.

You mean ratu bagus, right?

Edited by seekeroftruth

Seeker and Lino, thanks for the KAP clarification... it's in the system but not a main component then.

Yeah, my friend who is studying with Tao Semko told me of a nice shaking practice that Tao taught for balance. I believe that method was taught by Dr. Glen Morris. I don't know the specifics but it was part of the water element training I am told. I guess Santi teaches it as well...

Great Thread Yoda,

My Buddhist Qi Kung System has Spontaneous movement and shaking called " Spirit Dragon" Complete system of health and spiritual wellbeing.

Cheers

Spirit Ape

There is a little bit of shaking in KAP, but it's a very small part of the system.

I wouldn't really call KAP a "shaking practice", per se. It's just that you shake a little to loosen up.

Shaking is a very valuable KEY in KAP. especially in the beginning when learning to "earth" movement of Up & Down & then at then end when doing 5 Point breathing.

Dr. Glenn Morris always jiggled and shook as he meditated, did Chi Kung, walked, trained martial arts.

Its also found in Trul Khor in almost every asana they have & also its in the sufi/ Indonesian practices as well.

So yeah SHAKE what yo Mama gave you.

Peace

Santiago

In the pdf, "Secrets the Gurus will Never Show You", that Santiago Dobles and Tao Semko wrote, they had a lady with osteoporosis recover all of her bone mass due to the shaking.

Shaking was also part of Robert Peng's CD set.

She had Bone Cancer. And after 30 days she increased her marrow 30 % with me.

All I would do is make her shake. She basically went back to full health.

thanks for the additional shaker info! That WSM does sound yummy!

I just saw "Lost World" cute flick. A woman in there does some shaking while dinosaur hunting... getting keyed up just does that I'd imagine.

Its a huge component. It just becomes "Ninja" so you hide it so no one thinks you are a quack in public. But in privacy you SHAKE, Jiggle , move, etc.

Edited by Vajrasattva

Shaking is a very valuable KEY in KAP. especially in the beginning when learning to "earth" movement of Up & Down & then at then end when doing 5 Point breathing.

Dr. Glenn Morris always jiggled and shook as he meditated, did Chi Kung, walked, trained martial arts.

Its also found in Trul Khor in almost every asana they have & also its in the sufi/ Indonesian practices as well.

So yeah SHAKE what yo Mama gave you.

Peace

Santiago

She had Bone Cancer. And after 30 days she increased her marrow 30 % with me.

All I would do is make her shake. She basically went back to full health.

Its a huge component. It just becomes "Ninja" so you hide it so no one thinks you are a quack in public. But in privacy you SHAKE, Jiggle , move, etc.

Oh! I didn't realize it was so important. Maybe I should think before I say stuff. :mellow:

Oh! I didn't realize it was so important. Maybe I should think before I say stuff. :mellow:

Finish course then speak grass hopper : )

Love

Santi

Don't forget our friend Ya Mu's spontaneous qigong system Stillness Movement. Or haven't any of the Bums tried that yet? I was thinking about going to one of his workshops (we are both in Missouri, after all) but I don't have the money at this point.

Also, KAP has a shaking component?

Creation, You have a PM

I would like to clarify about Stillness-Movement.

Kinda like the guy who replied about hand position "but I already do that" when I talked about Stillness-Movement, most people don't understand until it becomes self-evident from the practice itself. It is much more than a shaking system. The practitioner does NOT initiate any movement. But when tuned into Higher Level vibrations the body starts moving with an intelligent qi awareness. Sometimes this involves shaking, other times deep spirals, sometimes back and forth movement. It differs from time to time as one practices. That said, I virtually always, when I first start Stillness-Movement, go into a shaking movement (that I do not NOT initiate) after I have worked on several clients. This helps dissipate any accumulated sick qi from the clients.

By the way, has anyone ever visited the Shaker Village in Kentucky?

Ya Mu,

Thanks for the clarification!

By the way, has anyone ever visited the Shaker Village in Kentucky?

no but a friend of mine recently did and said it was a great experience and that there was still a lot of love there and one of the people there sang and danced in a very inspired way.

I would like to clarify about Stillness-Movement.

That sounds about the same as Max and Jenny's stuff, which is why I figured it belonged on the list with them.

That sounds about the same as Max and Jenny's stuff, which is why I figured it belonged on the list with them.

I for one am glad to see these other less-form more qi systems out there. For a LOOONG time I have had a difficult time from the "form only" folks as many just could NOT understand that qi could actually be far more powerful without the form and with removing the mind from the equation. I remember about 15 years ago I had a qigong "master" that showed up at one of my classes. After doing the first session she came up to me and said that this wasn't qigong. She said qigong was breath-work and proper form. I told her she was no doubt correct but since she was here anyway why not indulge me and sit with us a little while and that if she didn't like it she could leave and have her tuition returned. So she did, stayed, and a year or so later turned into a very good healer.

If you can feel qi in form and manipulate, go with it, be it during form then anytime you can be formless and spontaneous with it!

On needs form to understand formless and formless to understand form.....

Yoda,

My Dragon Body system "Spirit Dragon" is around 2500yrs old and dates to Shaolin, it is based off spine Qi and brain. Opens up the 3rd eye with a certain type of eye training conecting with the Dan Tian. Its done in different positions very simple but very powerful as it unlocks the spine. It starts with shaking the body to vibrate the marrow also and all the cells in the body, opens up the joints too!

Trains both soft and hard forces through the body in waves of energy very refreshing and you definetly become the dragon within.

Ill be making courses and making a website very soon with alot of my rare arts!

take care

Spirit Ape