Magic bullet

Chi Kung and smoking

Does anyone know of any Chi kung practice that can be used to cleanse the lungs super fast. I'm guessing that Chi kung does this over time anyway, but I need a seriously serious kind of healing breathing technique after many years of smoking.

I wonder if I can fully repair the damage that I have done to my lungs these last nine years. I started smoking at the age of 13. I suppose it will take a long time and hard work. I am looking for any leads on a "quick fix".

In my belief and experience nothing comes as close as Baguazhang. My teacher in Taiwan, He Jinghan, told me this. My current teacher in Brisbane, Australia, who learned from Beijing master Wang Tong, also told me this.

I have experienced profound changes with the awesome Neigong power of Bagua.

Bagua = delete everything + profound transformation. It operates in the same fashion as a washing machine, a Yin and Yang tornado. :D

Good luck.

nc9qe.png

Did you quit somking yet or you are still doing it....??

Or are you finding a hard to to quit.

Both the situation, I can use fu to help you out. Which can be a quick fix.

Does anyone know of any Chi kung practice that can be used to cleanse the lungs super fast. I'm guessing that Chi kung does this over time anyway, but I need a seriously serious kind of healing breathing technique after many years of smoking.

I wonder if I can fully repair the damage that I have done to my lungs these last nine years. I started smoking at the age of 13. I suppose it will take a long time and hard work. I am looking for any leads on a "quick fix".

Swimming. Front crawl for 45 mins (work your way up to it). It's not qigong but it's great.

Learn Pranayama. Results are faster. Complement with Chi Kung/Tai Chi Chuan and Yoga.

If you know Hindi this is a resource -- http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4073502420928488341

Wikipedia Pranayama

Find a good teacher -- someone who doesn't teach bombastic stuff like "hot yoga" or "cold yoga" with good roots in traditional Yoga practice (preferably who has trained extensively with an Indian Yogi) sans any of the New-agey BS.

You can practice basic pranayama like kapalbhati, anuloma-viloma, bhastrika, ujjayi and nadi shodan without guidance, provided you use moderation (meaning 100 cycles of pranayama on day one == disaster).

Start slow, be patient and build up on your practice. Smoking is a nasty nasty thing and all power to you for quitting

What you are interested in is healing. You should contemplate the nature of disease. What does it mean to have a disease? What does it mean to heal? The method will then become apparent to you naturally. But if you don't understand the principles behind the disease, you have to shop around for a method, and it's easy to get something suboptimal or an outright swindle. Of course if you take responsibility, you can also make a mistake, but you can learn from your own mistakes if you take responsibility for them, but if you do not take responsibility for the actions of others, and you are impacted by the mistakes of others, you cannot learn from those mistakes directly.

I started a thread called "healing". Have you read it? It might give you some ideas. I've also been meaning to post some good youtube videos of someone who I think has great insight into the principles of healing.

Meanwhile you need a quick fix. Quick fix: during comfortable sitting, or walking or laying down...breathe naturally and gently, relaxing, using your stomach and not so much your chest. Then feel kindness engulf you. Feel softness in your being. Feel it coursing in your cells, including your lungs. Kindness, softness, calmness. See it and feel it and know it with all your senses and all your being. And you do so calmly and easily. Effortlessly. No strain. No worry. No concern about life and death. That's the frame of mind.

Visualize a symbol of perfect health (you can make your own! make it deeply meaningful). You can for example recall your younger years as a symbol of perfect health. Or use any other symbol, either abstract or concrete. This symbol is a powerful and playful ornament of health. Gently and calmly allow this symbol to dissolve into your being, including your lungs. Feel the resulting sensation. Rest in it for a while. You can think as is natural. There is no need to constrain yourself in any way, just to relax and be natural.

Know yourself as the one who is always healthy regardless of appearances. Rest in this knowing.

These are some "exercises" you can do right away, but actually this way of using the mind is a life style and not just some "exercise".