benny

A Warning

I tend to agree. I try to stay as far away as possible & refuse to study from any master who charges large sums of money (anything more then a red envelope). Its just impossible to develop a true master-student relationship on this basis.

If these teachers need money then get off your ass & get a job like the rest of us !!!

Quite right.

So, maybe your teachers should pay YOU? I am amazed that people think that they are doing teachers a favor by allowing them to teach. This is a very westernized concept. In the traditional way, you had to bust your ass, to get anyone to teach you. You not only paid money, you gave up your career and life if necessary and became their personal servants. we don't have to do that anymore... Paying a few dollars is nothing compared to what it cost to learn in times past... People are now teaching their hard earned skills for sometimes only $10 or $15 a class and you feel you are getting ripped off!

I suppose you feel your doctor, plumber, builder, dentist should go and "Get off their ass and get a job" and then come and help you in their spare time for FREE?

Of course not. Hey idiot! Teaching IS their job, you moron. If you don't want to pay anything to learn a priceless art, then don't! You don't deserve to be a student if that is your attitude.

(Harumph!)

I am afraid I have hit the nerve with you, fiveelementtao.

Apologies for any discomfort this has caused you.

That is all.

Ben

If someone wants it for free or very cheap, then that only shows how much they value it.

Everyone is free to do what they want, which includes charging tons of money for their knowledge.

We're lucky if we find a generous teacher.

That's all. B)

Edited by Scotty

Quite right.

I am afraid I have hit the nerve with you, fiveelementtao.

Apologies for any discomfort this has caused you.

That is all.

Ben

you still haven't answered any questions. Whom are you messenger for?

What gives you the right to give this "warning?"

Be a man and back up what you say and stop hiding behind your false humility...

you still haven't answered any questions. Whom are you messenger for?

What gives you the right to give this "warning?"

Be a man and back up what you say and stop hiding behind your false humility...

I was sent by and for those with True Knowledge to give a voice to the poor, the downtrodden, and the dispossessed.

The way of eternal life need not be commodified. The knowledge of its acquisition need not be quarantined and embargoed.

No amount of money will buy you the knowledge which affects your ascendance. The technique you will charge for carries no power.

No secret will save you or preserve the strength of your incantations. True strength is symptomatic of the collective imperium, not the individual will UNLESS it is written in water. Mystery will not insulate your techniques from the failure intrinsic to them AS TECHNIQUES.

You are QUITE SURE of yourself, fiveelement"tao" ... the wade-giles transliteration underlines your obliviousness. I am sorry to venture upon insult but you initiated such a low level exchange.

Your methods that have been written into stone will be broken into dust by the wind of the dao, young one. Your modes will be outmoded. Your practice rendered obsolete. You must return to the source and remember the truth if you are to progress.

This is my humble opinion.

I give you a final warning: for you who CHARGE people the money of their life for the teaching which is their birthright - you will be hung out to dry in the wind of the dao. Your pattern will be unravelled by the force of that wind and you will be made to pay back all that you have stolen in your passive and wicked way.

All who know and seek truth will agree.

I wish you luck,

Ben

All who know and seek truth will agree.

thihihihi :)

What you dont know, benny, is that those you are channeling are still stuck in dualism and therefore has no knowledge of the dao. They still care about constructing rules for what is "right" and "wrong". And when people do that they ofcource want everyone else to understand it is they who are right and everyone who dont agree will be punished. This is the mechanisms of religion, not of nature.

Sooner or later they too will grow up to see that there is more to nature than good deeds, bad deeds and punishemet.

And benny, if if do a little searching you will see that there are more than enough people giving their teachings for free. Nobody(with access to internet) have any problems finding teaching for free, no matter how poor. So your "message" is pointless and uninformed.

I don't like money either, but DENIAL will get us nowhere. It's pretty stupid, heh.

Special offer for all the Taobums

If anybody around here feels that is slave to his/her own money and that money is a burden and will be in your way to heaven etc etc..... Fear no more for I have the perfect solution for you.

Just forward ALL your money to this bank account 234300239 and you'll be SAVED!!!.

Satisfaction guaranteed!

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT HOW IS THAT FOR A CURE?

What are you waiting for?!

All you have is cash ?

No problem ! we will pick up all your cash straight from your home you don't even have to pack it.

all you have to do is give us a call 1800 - ALL- CASH.

But wait it gets even better.

Give us a call now and we will include a bonus package absolutely free it includes:

taking your car, your house, your wife and everything else that is in your way to enlightenment even your half eaten burrito carne asada - you didn't really want to eat your own reincarnated ancestors, did you ?!

Helping all the unfortunately rich Taobums is not just our business - it's our passion!

I was sent by and for those with True Knowledge to give a voice to the poor, the downtrodden, and the dispossessed.

The way of eternal life need not be commodified. The knowledge of its acquisition need not be quarantined and embargoed.

No amount of money will buy you the knowledge which affects your ascendance. The technique you will charge for carries no power.

While I agree with, what I think is the basic principle you are espousing, the idea that masters/teachers should not use accumulated knowledge to accumulate huge amounts of wealth. I also think all beings have a right to make a living. And people that have given up large portions of their lives for and to practice need to be able to charge what ever they see fit for continuing that knowledge. Everyone has to eat and such.

But this idea that certain knowledge is everyone's birthright is a bit misguided, IMO. If a person's destiny/birthright is to have these teachings then the universe will see to it. I just don't think that people who don't have money won't find the teachings they need and deserve. The scales will balance so to speak.

But for you to say certain teachers will be burning because they charge seems like a foolish statement. My teachers charge nothing compared to what they offer and I would gladly pay a lot more. Most I have seen do not charge enough. Students should pay what they can, both rich and poor.

And BTW, you seem to be speaking for yourself. You are giving voice to your own ideas. And I would probably charge you more if I was your teacher as the issue sure seems to be a point of separation for you.

Special offer for all the Taobums

If anybody around here feels that is slave to his/her own money and that money is a burden and will be in your way to heaven etc etc..... Fear no more for I have the perfect solution for you.

Just forward ALL your money to this bank account 234300239 and you'll be SAVED!!!.

Satisfaction guaranteed!

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT HOW IS THAT FOR A CURE?

What are you waiting for?!

All you have is cash ?

No problem ! we will pick up all your cash straight from your home you don't even have to pack it.

all you have to do is give us a call 1800 - ALL- CASH.

But wait it gets even better.

Give us a call now and we will include a bonus package absolutely free it includes:

taking your car, your house, your wife and everything else that is in your way to enlightenment even your half eaten burrito carne asada - you didn't really want to eat your own reincarnated ancestors, did you ?!

Helping all the unfortunately rich Taobums is not just our business - it's our passion!

Do you accept donation?

Do you accept donation?

Not usually as our aim is to take ALL your money, only then you will be truly free of your ALL your identifications, but in your case since you are a true Taobum! I suppose we could work something out.

Benny, I am getting the feeling that you are probably a teenager who is desparate for attention and guidance. If you want someone to teach you the Tao (if such a thing can be taught ). I'm sure if you just asked, many would respond to help you.

There are no "poor, downtrodden, or dispossessed." This is an illusion coming from your own projection. Do you feel you are a victim? There is no place for victims in Tao. I will give you your first free lesson in Tao.... YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO BE.

Way of eternal life???? the Tao is not a religion to save people from their sins... You have a major misconception about what the Tao is. All of us have access to it. Your eternal soul has no need for Taoist teachings. If you need something to save your soul and grant you eternal life, you need a different religion. If you truly study Tao, you should know you have eternity within you at all times... If you think that Taoist teachers are teaching the way to eternal life, you will be sadly disappointed, my friend.

This is my humble opinion.

Now you are being honest. If you had been humble enough to state that from the beginning, I wouldn't have cared. Someone would have helped you understand your misconception.

I give you a final warning: for you who CHARGE people the money of their life for the teaching which is their birthright - you will be hung out to dry in the wind of the dao. Your pattern will be unravelled by the force of that wind and you will be made to pay back all that you have stolen in your passive and wicked way.

This birthright you speak of has nothing to do with what people teach in Taoism. I can tell you from experience having studied with a few "masters", that Taoist masters are subject to the same frailties and pitfalls as anyone else. Taoism cannot "Save" anyone from anything. Pride, ego, fear, insecurity, selfishness and delusion are all challenges we all face whether we are teachers or students. What people charge money for are skills like Tai Chi, Chi Kung, meditation, rituals, mantras etc... which they have worked very hard to learn or discover. They have a right to be compensated for their time. These skills are only helpful tools along the path, they are not the path. But you are right in that none of those skills will insulate them from their own limitations.

you will be made to pay back all that you have stolen in your passive and wicked way

I am afraid you, my friend, are the passive one here. throwing out threats of Doom and guilt is extremely passive aggressive. If you look for greedy Tao masters who hide the secrets of "eternal life" from you. That is what you will find. If you look for friendly guides to help you uncover the eternal divinity within, then you will find that. It's up to you what you will discover.

Wait a minute..... Are you one of Max's students?

Edited by fiveelementtao

I don't think you understand me.

So, then help me understand. You started this thread. It's your responsibility to make yourself clear.

You also didn't answer my question. Are you Max's student?

So, then help me understand. You started this thread. It's your responsibility to make yourself clear.

You also didn't answer my question. Are you Max's student?

No I'm not Max's student.

I don't know how much clearer I can get. I think I've made my case clear: don't charge people for knowledge.

Cheers,

Ben

No I'm not Max's student.

I don't know how much clearer I can get. I think I've made my case clear: don't charge people for knowledge.

Cheers,

Ben

You said I didn't understand you. So I gave you a chance to make yourself clear. I think I do understand you, then...

Yes, he was easy to read from the start and I think you read him, but it was nice for you to give him a chance to redeem himself.

Hi Benny, is it OK to charge people for meditation classes?

Complete bullshit.

Do the work. Go teach or heal and the free thing won't last for long. People need to give their teachers / healers something... sweat is not payment, and there are plenty who would rather pay then sweat. Knowledge is undervalued in today's my way right away internet culture and more people need to offer a fair trade for face to face teaching.

Even if it's food, clean water, any other type of survival level trade, but students should show respect for their mentors/elders by paying them in some way.

I have taught free for years and people eventually abuse it or undervalue it, those who make it happen without cash work a basic level of barter.

Is it just me, or has TTB gotten a lot stranger since like sept oct?

Hey lostmonk, I'm still new here, but I can say some people are out there. :lol:

To all who would seek to charge money for the knowledge of the various ways I bring to you a warning:

Make not a business of knowledge. If you do not stop seeking money in exchange for the information you possess you shall perish in a terrible fire.

The time has come for the knowledge to be made free, rightfully as it is; purely as it will remain. Unsullied by the forces of monetary corruption.

You cannot stop this as it is destiny.

Good luck.

Ben

You been talking to those disembodied liars again?

Suggestion: Try to burn through that nonsense-based astral level and reach through to higher vibrational clear energy.