Spectrum

Spontaneous Movement : Form and Formless

Cam,

Seems like now you are under Jenny Lamb more so then Max, why do I feel this from your post?

Max, says you only have to see him once and now its you must go to Jenny?

Just asking seems like you jumped ship...... :o

Ape

Thats fine I just feel from your post that you are more towards learning Jennys art now!?

At least you will get the unchanged versions of each level to compare!

Goodluck :D

Ape

Cameron had grown much. You can see in his post from the start of the kunlun till he met Sifu Jenny. I agree about the gossip about Max and Kunlun, as fun as it is.

Peace,

Q..

Well the gossip can be taken 2 ways hahaha Right and WRONG!

How long have you been now with Jenny when did you go to her seminar?

Cam and I been to Max seminar when he first come to phx. Then we went to see Jenny last weekend. I only been to one Max and one Jenny seminar. I found the different more enriching than conflicting.

I do understand the gossip. Some of it is because you are doing your own research since some of us live too far to spent that kind of money to find garbage and hype. I totally understand that. Both Max and Jenny said to do your own homework, then judge.

I am just glad to live nearby both seminars when it did not cost me too much to do my own homework.

Cam, your email was wrong so Kay could not send you the group pix. I could forward it to you if you want.

Peace,

Q..

Also my energy wasn't calm enough, so showing that video kind of gives a bad transmission to anyone who watches it.

I wish I could say that I moved like Lin, but I'm more like a cat coughing up a hairball. As Obiwan would say, "this isn't the transmission you're looking for."

Hi Cam. I did not get the big turn out for bagua as I wanted. It will be a small class, less then 8. I am not as good as Chris when it come to promoting. hahaha.. I am totally ready to play.

I would still like to see a small demonstration of what any of you have learned. (Kunlun)

I've given this some thought. Even a fundamental understanding of Wuji in any of the Taoist arts should produce demonstratable results. This is not subjective. It's a biological reality.

I am lead to believe your instructors are ashamed of your abilities, so much so that they will not allow you to post them on a public website. Now is the time to question. Being embarressed of your students is a disgrace to the teacher, not the system.

Observe. Film simply does not lie. In form or formlessness, wuji connects it all.

http://gordelpus.com/jenny/lhbfshort.rm

Questions in movement. Answers in stillness.

Edited by Spectrum

Maybe the people that put out clips their teacher doesnt care about them and think nothing of there skill? :) So to them they dont care If you do or dont put up anything. I wonder if Jenny can still move like that now?

Ape

hahaha but you are putting them down by asking them to not do anything!! :D She player water boxing different to me but she does play that well mixing hard and soft together.

Max and Jenny are afraid of what people will think of them through their internet "Kunlun" students.

Opposable Paradoxes

Where is the Ruler?

Measure Carefully

Pseudosattvas

My intention here is simply to offer some help to other students of Kunlun. Not to to argue, gossip, put down other's etc.

Your helping Kunlun? By policing the free and spontaneous expresssion of other "students" under the guise of strengthening a free and spontaneous spirit?

Useful information is shared around timeless campfires. This is one of them. This Forum is a campfire. An interactive one. Your not offering help, your tugging on an invisable leash while we're all sitting around the fire sharing.

This demonstrates the power of video in representing physical information. If it did not your teachers would not place a false stigma around it. Why else would spontaneously free communication have to be ok'd by someone?

Perhaps you are acting as an apologist for something you have a gut feeling about?

Edited by Spectrum

Spectrum,

I would still like to see a small demonstration of what any of you have learned. (Kunlun)

I've given this some thought. Even a fundamental understanding of Wuji in any of the Taoist arts should produce demonstratable results. This is not subjective. It's a biological reality.

I am lead to believe your instructors are ashamed of your abilities, so much so that they will not allow you to post them on a public website. Now is the time to question. Being embarressed of your students is a disgrace to the teacher, not the system.

Spontaneous movement isn't an ability. It's like you're asking someone to show you how they pick weeds, rather than have them show you the great garden they've tended to. The movement is really nothing to show. It differs for everyone! Some may not even have any movement at all.

What matters is the emptiness and bliss...and how can that be demonstratable? It takes somewhat of a discerning mind to be able to notice when someone's spirit has changed. Not everyone can tell just from words on a forum. Most can't even tell from talking face to face! :lol:

The path is really subjective. Sorry. :D

It differs for everyone! Some may not even have any movement at all.

What matters is the emptiness and bliss...and how can that be demonstratable? It takes somewhat of a discerning mind to be able to notice when someone's spirit has changed. Not everyone can tell just from words on a forum. Most can't even tell from talking face to face! :lol:

The path is really subjective. Sorry. :D

let me repeat something you said:

Not everyone can tell just from words on a forum.

That is the point of video. If emptiness is subjective then there would be no such thing as Wuji. (the foundation of chinese martial/healing arts. If bliss were subjective there is no such thing as an orgasm.

Wuji is a demonstratable state, your bodies natural innate balancing pendulum. When you lose balance you fall over. Gravity is not subjective. The fact that we're all walking upright is not subjective. Wuji is not subjective. Any teacher who tells you that is just taking your money. Wuji is a repreducable state transmitted from student to teacher for the means of improving your bodies natural immunities. This is for both fighting and for health and is the POINT of standing meditation.

The differences in how a person gets to this state are what make life interesting. Some people surf, some people skydive, some people draw or write poetry, and some people practice kunlun.

Maybe what you're thinking you should see doesn't apply in the Kunlun path. It's really quite a different type of practice.

I don't see anywhere in this communication that says "no filming" ...

Actually it's quite the opposite from the tone you set previously in this thread on spontaneous practices: form and formlessness.

Sifu Jenny: Each individual is different. A good doctor will not prescribe the same medicine for all of his or her patients, no matter how good the medicine is.

This implies each persons form is the individuals to practice. To own. To make theirs. To live it.

Sifu Jenny: You do not need to rely on your teacher all the time. It is your own journey. A teacher can merely point a direction. The path is yours. It is under your own feet. Only you can make a difference.

Again. Personal Ownership and responsibility. Sounds like learning how to drive the car comes after Spontaneous Alignment or getting your car tuned up so you can get to your destination safely!

http://www.thetaobums.com/Sifu-Jenny-Lamb-...nlun-t9003.html

Dear Cameron,

Thank you for your kindness and wanting to share your thoughts with others on Kunlun practice in the Taobums forum. I do not have time to get involved with people's discussion on Kunlun practice. I only taught to a very limited group of people for the Spontaneous Adjustment Qigong, which is now worldwide known as Kunlun practice level one. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I shared my knowledge and experience with those who come to me for knowledge. I did not write a book about this practice. As you asked about whether people should just to learn the practice from the book of Kunlun, I sincerely suggested that those who are interested in learning Kunlun practice, go to Max, who wrote the book. I do not suggest that people starting Kunlun practice from the beginning with the book alone. The reason is simple, as a beginner you need a proper guide. A good teacher can benefit you in many ways, such as clear your doubts, answer your questions and correct your movements, and so forth.

Each individual is different. A good doctor will not prescribe the same medicine for all of his or her patients, no matter how good the medicine is. I cannot urge anyone enough to consult with your teacher, whoever taught you, whether in person or the book. Kunlun practice is a formless form, itself evolving. Letting an experienced teacher guide you is necessary. It can help you to reach your goal of self-healing, self-discovery and self-realization faster. You do not need to rely on your teacher all the time. It is your own journey. A teacher can merely point a direction. The path is yours. It is under your own feet. Only you can make a difference. Good luck with the practice.

Sincerely yours,

Jenny Lamb

Edited by Spectrum

NOW, if you want to chill out a little maybe I can ask Jenny if she would let Quan and I film another qigong form she taught us which is FANTASTIC and put it up on taobums. No promises, but Quan has a dojo here in Phoenix and we could probably film something there.

That would be sweet.

What Spectrum is showing in his clips is basically moving combining all circles and spirals but he is not SUNG enough! :D

Its all about the "SUNG" state then you know what Bliss is....Bliss is ...................????

Ape

Cam,

I'm not sure where my trip is going.

Where is Quans "dojo" in Phoenix?

What Spectrum is showing in his clips is basically moving combining all circles and spirals but he is not SUNG enough! :D

Its all about the "SUNG" state then you know what Bliss is....Bliss is ...................????

I love this part. This is real. Something to reflect on. Not face to face but Thank you. However spontaneous there is an aspect of contraction and expansion that can be percieved whether in form of formlessness. Sung. But observing spirit ape it might just be sarcasm.

This will be the last post I make on Taobums. God bless you all and may you find peace.

Cam

Promise? LOL

You guys are way to defensive about freedom. It makes it all so obvious.

Edited by Spectrum

Cam,

Would be like sharing with someone an incredible gift you have been given right after they spit in your face.

The way I see it, that's what Max does.

But I agree with you.

Bait catches the most fish. Flashy lures next. Flies that mimic the real thing catch only the wiliest fish.

All the suckers in the pool have been caught...Max is now flyfishing. But willing only is he to send emissaries describing how happy were the fish to be caught. Bullshido! How credible is the word of a fish about the value of the line he bought with the hook still in his lip?

When deception is not a tenant of Kunlun will it's credibility be enhanced.

This will be the last post I make on Taobums.

Haahaahaa...shall I look for the last time you said that?

Edited by xenolith