Spectrum

Spontaneous Movement : Form and Formless

Cam,

Dont go man, u dont have to prove anything to Spec he believes his way is best there is different types of spontaneous Jennys way uses 5 elements meaning brings out emotions so u get screaming, laughing etc due to the organ releasing IMHO. There is Sung state of movement like stuff spec is showing and stuff my own art has but kind of different. There is shaking and jumping which can also help cure the body! Just like Fa Jing (Ging) to help release pressure build up and tension, energy etc Fa Jing is just another way to release it!

There is no right or wrong path just a good path depending on how you want to go about it??

Form or formless it all work both very good at different levels some might start off formless and think damn i want to learn a very nice ancient form of a dao or buddhist way to see where and what that master was trying to understand or you can try and work it out doing formless work but if you have no idea of internal arts or cultivation you could end up f@cking yourself ups.

My thoughts and stay around you make me laugh bro!!!

Ape

Xenolith,

Are you calling me a sucker? Just because I really like the benefits of the Kunlun practices?

Edited by Scotty

This is about inspiring other people to practice. Why else would Jenny even have any videos of herself. Her form is not perfect bro, look at her alignment and the stop and go's in her form. Everyone has room for improvement. This thread is just to post form in a formless way. Look at my very first post you guys, is there a master there? No it's not some chuan guy, but there is a little boy.... and it looks remarkably familiar... it's just honesty I'm looking for. I've traveled a distance looking for that. I will continue to travel and look for that.

Xenolith,

Scotty, Identify yourself in my words, or not, as you see fit.

Or you can actually man up and call me a sucker, if you see fit. :lol:

I don't see it fit at all to identify myself as a sucker. Or Cam.

So...who are you addressing? Name the sucker. :lol:

ROFLMAO

Break a sweat, lighten up. It's not that serious. It's spontaneous.

Edited by Spectrum

Spectrum,

Seeing spontaneous movement inspires people in the wrong direction. For effective practice, the mind should be gone and all seeking should cease. It's essential to come upon your own personal experience of "energy", not someone else's. The more absorbed in being, and the more the mind and body are gone, the better...so a video of someone's movement when this happens isn't going to inspire anyone to do that.

And it's not going to show some ideal thing, like "wuji" or "soong". It's just going to look ridiculous. :lol:

Other types of spontaneous stuff can be videotaped of course...like your intuitive movements, or Lin's. That can be inspiring for being creative and exploring yourself. But Kunlun and Shuichuan aren't like that.

I liked your sentiment for making this topic, so I posted my own standing spontaneous qigong video before...but I was asked to take it down by my teacher for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Plus it's just really embarrassing to show people it. It's personal to me...can you respect the privacy of others? It doesn't mean someone is dishonest if they keep some things hidden.

It doesn't mean someone is dishonest if they keep some things hidden.

Are you Dick Cheney?

Edit: later dude...suggest take Spectrum's last (or any) advice.

Still puttin' the Love your way,

xeno

Edited by xenolith

Are you Dick Cheney?

If someone asked you to post naked pictures of yourself here, would you do it? Seriously...think about it.

It's pretty embarrassing! :blink:

Well true spontaneous movement is even more embarrassing. Because you're moving around like a nutjob. Yeah nudity is enough to make you blush but at least with nudity you still have your dignity! Spontaneous qigong is probably the most intimate thing about myself...and I actually did share it with the forum once.

So no, I'm not Dick Cheney at all.

Edit: later dude...suggest take Spectrum's last (or any) advice.

Why do I need to lighten up? I wasn't mad when I was asking you to actually name someone.

Why are you unable to do it? You can't think of anyone who you can actually say has been suckered into the Kunlun path? It's okay to put your opinion out there.

Still puttin' the Love your way,

How so? By only saying it, and acting rudely?

At least you seen the light and gone to jenny does that answer the question for you scotty? :P

Jennys water boxing form is my wushuish version different the meditative state Spectrum that you and I may understand. Does it mean its wrong?

Ape

Cam,

Can I ask you what the form jenny has created is it a moving med form like taiji or is it done in a standing wuji stance? What was it created for?

Im not asking for u to discribe the movements just asking about what its about, just interested that is all!!!

cheers

Ape

If someone asked you to post naked pictures of yourself here, would you do it?

Ummm, a little looking around and you'll find a naked picture of me here...nobody asked me to post it...thought it would help...

Which is all I'm ever trying to achieve here...a lot of the horse to water thing more often than not...if I could pour you a double IPA and just hang and talk I would...alas...

Whether you believe it or not, Loving you...

xeno

Edit: Jesus was a Bodhisattva :)

Hope you guys work it out.

Love you all.

xeno

Edited by xenolith

Sucker Statements:

it's not going to show some ideal thing, like "wuji" or "soong".

Standing will teach you wuji and song. Random movement is ok for working out kinks, while your standing... reaching for wuji. If you don't think it's possible to get through the burn, you won't. So at the first most teachers tell you go ahead and move around.

It's just going to look ridiculous.

Just an asthetic notion. A lot of people look in the Kwon in chinatown and smirk at people standing in universal post. It's a similar concept of judging things we don't understand.

Other types of spontaneous stuff can be videotaped of course...like your intuitive movements, or Lin's.

Lin and I both practice Chinese Martial Art. There are some common elements to our movement transitions and physical postures that have meaning and context in relationship to our environment. Much like wuji and song have a physical meaning to forms; that is sinking your cog while stablizing your foundation w/ tension/compression. These are not just ideals, they are physical truths. Standing reveals these truths to practitioners, that is why movement is coupled with stillness. Cultivation is expanding your spectrum of influence between absolute stillness and absolute movement. When you get surprised you do not have time to consider ideals, your body speaks the truth.

I liked your sentiment for making this topic, so I posted my own standing spontaneous qigong video before...but I was asked to take it down by my teacher for the reasons I mentioned earlier..

So see here, you did something for youself, because you wanted to share, and someone told you not to... out of fear. Just whatever you do, save your videos so you can see your progress when you think you havn't grown a few years down the road.

Plus it's just really embarrassing to show people it. It's personal to me...can you respect the privacy of others? It doesn't mean someone is dishonest if they keep some things hidden

enough said

Edited by Spectrum

OK this is ridiculous. I honestly don't even know what anyone(including myself)is arguing about here.

Spontaneous movements. Filming forms. Taobumness. Remember?

Sifu Jenny wrote this letter to you. It was suppose to say no filming? But when we look, we don't see that in her letter. Perhaps you would like to rephrase? Was that a personal opinion? Word of mouth? I'm not disrespecting, I'm having open free dialog on a public forum. I've gone to the trouble to post videos of SOME of the physical practices because I'm hoping to light some bulbs out there.

Look..Spectrum..didn't you say your coming to Arizona? I will be here for another 3 weeks then I am moving to South Korea. If your in town maybe we can meet at Quan's Dojo and if you want to film whatever film.

Thank you. I'll consider this if I'm not being a retainer for another purpose at the time. Honestly here I am most drawn, again, to witnessing what you folks have been shown as spontnaous chi gung. Simple enough.

Quan's Dojo is in Mesa, Arizona. If Quan is comfortable we can maybe sit in on some classes and then mess around with spontanous. Maybe if it's ok with Jenny we can show the qigong form that she created to taobums as I think it's really good.

Is this something that you would enjoy demonstrating?

Edited by Spectrum

Spectrum,

Standing will teach you wuji and song. Random movement is ok for working out kinks, while your standing... reaching for wuji. If you don't think it's possible to get through the burn, you won't. So at the first most teachers tell you go ahead and move around.

That's probably good advice for standing, but these spontaneous practices are different. You can't apply your current mode of thinking and philosophy to it...if you do, you limit it...and then it's not "it" anymore. :lol:

So see here, you did something for youself, because you wanted to share, and someone told you not to... out of fear. No fear.

I don't think my teacher was afraid. Her reasons were good, and now after having practiced a while more, I agree with her. For the reasons I stated before:

Seeing spontaneous movement inspires people in the wrong direction. For effective practice, the mind should be gone and all seeking should cease. It's essential to come upon your own personal experience of "energy", not someone else's. The more absorbed in being, and the more the mind and body are gone, the better...so a video of someone's movement when this happens isn't going to inspire anyone to do that.

Xenolith has made a career on Taobums Sh#t talking Chris and Max.

Sorry. Brief aside. Try to take the hook out before you type Cameron.

We'll see if we can create an opportunity for all of it to come together in a single moment. The rest is hearsay. Problem Solving is Now. Forms and Formless Unite. Until Then.

Edited by Spectrum

Who cares what they do spectrum, you get something out of theres and you get something from yours its all good!

Spectrum,

Does your sung come from stillness or from movement or both???