Sign in to follow this  
mwight

This Is Hauntingly Beautiful, and Perfect Form

Blah blah blah, I know he's authentic, I know he isn't authentic. Blah blah blah.

This is like every other thread on Tao Bums.

And of course when it comes to developing Qi and practicing cultivation, nobody thinks to read important Daoist classics or Buddhist sutras. Everyone just wants to follow Guru X and his super-magic-powers-neigong-or-qigong system.

He sings sweet but others hear not for they are still learning the dance. :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctzIEjjOfd4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctzIEjjOfd4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctzIEjjOfd4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL were you aware that being over-opinionated is a "tension" in the mind which detracts from any endeavour of enlightenment.

Well said Stig, there are an awful lot of PERIODs on this thread.

What does it mean when we add the word Period to a statement?

Is there something we can learn about ourselves from that?

To me, this is worth investigating.

It's much more interesting than watching someone do Qigong and (with all due respect Patrick) much better than listening to Abba.

LOL were you aware that being over-opinionated is a "tension" in the mind which detracts from any endeavour of enlightenment.

Are you aware that posting in this forum is robbing you precious time that you could use in achieving your goals?

You are very funny. :)

This is a forum ans as such we are discussing about a topic. Did I ever say if you don't agree with what I say I would neutralise you with my chi! :lol:

Just settle down, please.

Well said Stig, there are an awful lot of PERIODs on this thread.

What does it mean when we add the word Period to a statement?

Is there something we can learn about ourselves from that?

To me, this is worth investigating.

It's much more interesting than watching someone do Qigong and (with all due respect Patrick) much better than listening to Abba.

It means end of discussion. Poor examples have been given in here. Athletes on roids. What's next a "bodhisattva" high on ketamine??

Just settle down, please.

It means end of discussion. Poor examples have been given in here. Athletes on roids. What's next a "bodhisattva" high on ketamine??

:lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Are you aware that posting in this forum is robbing you precious time that you could use in achieving your goals?

:D Actually posting on this forum is an intrinsic part of my own cultivation and my offering of service to my fellow brothers and sisters of the way.

Blessings ... Namo Amitābha ;)

hey! I quite enjoyed it along with all the whimpy bickering about external neigong. :lol::lol::lol:

I found him quite fascinating, to bad the editing was so neurotic, just when the guy was getting into it, snap whirr wzz another scene, quite disturbing.

I find the edge where this guy is touching the formless intriguing..he is like godzilla picking up his little fragile human girl. he is building a bridge from the external to the internal or the yang to the yin and it is beeaauuuttiiiffuuul to watch. Luvv him I do.

kill the one who edited the video.

Edited by rain

It means end of discussion.

There seems to be a tendency to end discussions with an inflexible statement of opinion.

Could that be a sign of attachment?

I have no intention of fanning a flame war, just trying to be helpful.

funny that the most "fixed" dislikes the "fixed"

im not speaking of you xue

Edited by rain

Sorry couldn't resist. :D Much love.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think I'm actually coming around to the ABBA love!

This video has a brief but inspiring performance near the end.

ApiPS6GAy_0&NR=1

I think I'm actually coming around to the ABBA love!

This video has a brief but inspiring performance near the end.

Right as Rain...

ApiPS6GAy_0&NR=1

That's such a classic clip, but what some non-brits may not get is those guys really did work on a children's show! That was a secret filming which somehow years later got leaked onto the web.

Edited by Patrick Brown

Sorry couldn't resist. :D Much love.

mm. zz. well thank you maybe. heres one for you maybe not four or three but one to mirror?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9sAhig2zI

and if she's not pixie enough what about this one, Also L.O.O.V.E ehh?

pixie.jpg

Edited by rain

You goo girl goo!

:D

Much love,

p

mm yes haiku! - gnomelove

;)

Edited by rain

im not speaking of you xue

It would seem you directed this at me. I am sorry you have formed this perception of me. Please tell me how I may improve.

Very nice

I would take this man seriously if only because he clearly trains hard and respects his diet which is reflected in his appearance. Finally a martial artist that knows how to train and eat :)

One last thing, that monk has used steroids, period.

There is nothing I disrespect more than ignorance. Such general and decisive statements as "that monk has used steroids" is complete BULLSHIT. Maybe he has and maybe he hasn't, but being a bodybuilding coach myself and having dealt with steroid and non-steroid users alike, I can tell you his physique is MORE than achievable by natural methods. Just because you may be fat or skinny and not know how to train and eat for such goals, doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

Thanks.

Lol, "period?"

I guess anyone with any muscles is guilty until proven innocent? Even a Shaolin monk? Or weightlifters or gymnasts?

Glad someone is more informed on somatotypes and the realities of the human body. Cheers.

It would seem you directed this at me. I am sorry you have formed this perception of me. Please tell me how I may improve.

I don't think that was directed at you Stig...

To get back to the original question, however, I would like to make a point about this demo. I would be careful about using this particular video as an example of how to properly do the Ba Duan Jin. That particular set is mostly about self healing and organ balancing. WIth such Qigong practices, the use of the mind of intent to guide Qi awareness is important. When you stand in a deep ma bu like this fellow is doing, that degree of muscle tension makes it quite difficult to accurately do the internal work for the vast majority of practitioners. There are other Qigong sets that emphasize physical development, like the Shi Ba Luo Han Gong - these sets are done in deep, physically challenging stances which contributes to the result of building physical strength, breath development, and other such benefits.

In summary, know what your goals are and practice accordingly. The Ba Duan Jin can probably yield benefits when done in deeper stances but most people practice it from the perspective of organ work and health which is better done in a more natural, comfortable, and relaxed stance. Martial Qigong sets are generally done in deeper stances and often with dynamic muscular tension. To me, this particular demonstration seems to be mixing the two approaches and I would be a bit skeptical of that approach.

Sign in to follow this