mantis

the warrior diet

i've read and some people here seem to have gotten into it, has anyone had any success with it? i'm on a good diet right now (the anabolic diet) but you have to eat so much and so often that it's driving me crazy, not to mention it's expensive (tons of meat products = $$).

the warrior diet seems to be the better approach, you do a "controlled fast" throughout the day (eating vegetable/fruit juices and vegetables) and then have one big meal at night.

True samadhi is achieved through BIGU -- it's described in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by Charles Luk.

Your belly fills with such strong electromagnetic bliss that you're not hungry and you don't want to eat and then your pineal gland starts making water from the ether and it flows down the roof of your mouth as the ambrosia.

I went 8 days on half a glass of water -- just doing tons of small universe and self-concentration. The electromagnetic fields got so strong that I did some serious energy work and then after that "fell back into wordliness" as Master Nan, Huai-chin describes is the norm now for modern practitioners.

After that you're supposed to go on "modified bigu" which I'm slowly working towards. Basically any sugar goes to my head as anerobic bacteria and so I have to eat garlic against the sugar. Chlorophyll has lots of saponin -- which is the same substance as soap -- so greens clean your body. I just started eating spinach but according to Taoist Yoga you should eat NO SALT (and just get your sodium from vegetables). I've been eating canned spinach which has salt. So a modified bigu diet is VERY STRICT -- especially when white trash culture is constantly pushing sugar, salt besides booze, pot, etc. haha. Sardines are high in the two lacking nutrient components of spinach: B12 and Vitamin D. So sardines and spinach are a complete nutrition meal.

Anyway good luck and have fun. haha. Sure I like the testosterone fix from meat but I also get that from "collecting the N/um of young maidens" while in full-lotus (I can get it from men too but I prefer to have mutual climaxes which the females can do but the males can't).

Umm the Bushmen diet was 80% greens and 20% meat from what I could tell but when they hunted they had NO CONTACT with females for 3 days before the hunt (so their stored up chi would attract the animals) and then the all night trance healing dance would occur after they ate the meat (from what I could tell). While they hunted they did a water fast for often 8 days straight. Also the Bushmen did not consummate their marriage until after living with the female and her famiy for THREE YEARS (while hunting for her parents').

Well, I basically do something like that every day - as I skip breakfast, eat lunch around 1 and stop eating around 7-8PM the night before. So...what is that, like 17-18 hr fast...

works good for me, I like the fasting feeling anyway - better concentration,

I did the warrior diet for 6 months and felt really aggressive like I was ready to hunt or fight - like a warrior basically. Didn't really suit my lifestyle. The anabolic diet really didn't make me feel physically good with all that animal fat. I just felt greasy inside.

What suits me best now is raw foods/juices before 5pm and then a light hot meal for dinner.

yeah the anabolic diet has too much, i've lost weight since on it but you have to eat so much; my heart feels all strange now.

how exactly did you do the warrior diet? from what i understand you can't eat your "meal" until at least 16-18 hours after your last meal (sleep included). in this fasting period you can have vegetable/fruit juices or simply water.

i'm reading the book but there seems to be some inconsistencies, he'll say you can have whatever you want here and then in the next chapter say you should only eat a certain amount of something.

still, i like the idea of having a daily small fast and then have a large meal at night.

I did the warrior diet for a while and I found it a nice break from the 6 mini meals a day I had been doing. Now I just do intermittent fasting (IF) along with a general low glycemic diet. The type of food intake it intuitive and based on the practice cycle I'm in at the moment.

If you get a chance, there is a new book Freedom from Disease, http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Disease-Brea...0365&sr=8-1, that covers the effects of insulin in our diet. The Anabolic Diet, or any of the other CKD programs, Warrior Diet, IF, etc. all have a positive tie in to building health based on the ideas presented in the book.

Real yogis do the "modified bigu" diet (a small veggie meal once a day) --

http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/reader?asi...6I8AP6Tt072uU=#

Drew,

What was the link intended to illustrate? It took me to a page which had no mention of diet, food or meals.

Real yogis don't all do only a small veggie meal a day. Many tibetan yogis spend much of their year living in caves subsisting on yak cheese, dried meat and buttered tea. Every lama I've worked with was definitely a real yogi and all except one ate meat, some ate one meal other multiple meals.

Diet is only a tool to support your path.

Edited by jaloo

Diet is only a tool to support your path.

I would also say that diet is specific to each individual as well as where that individual resides as well as the time of year. I am personally much more a fan of "energetic" eating and basing what and how I am eating on the season. But fundamentally I try to stay away from higher glycemic foods, I especially try to limit or avoid grains as much as possible.

This "Warrior Diet" is interesting. It isn't much different form the "Paleo" or Mercola's "No Grain" diets. I think it really just depends on what you are trying to do with your body and in your life, in terms of activities.

One thing that they have been finding over and over again is that the surest way to increase a person's life span is to decrease the number of calories they consume.

BTW, Master T.T. Liang ate Twinkies all the time. He lived to be 102!

i've read and some people here seem to have gotten into it, has anyone had any success with it? i'm on a good diet right now (the anabolic diet) but you have to eat so much and so often that it's driving me crazy, not to mention it's expensive (tons of meat products = $$).

the warrior diet seems to be the better approach, you do a "controlled fast" throughout the day (eating vegetable/fruit juices and vegetables) and then have one big meal at night.

Is your goal mass gain? Otherwise there's no good reason as to why you'd be eating so much on DiPasquale's anabolic diet.

Nobody posting their opinions on diets thus far has mentioned anything about their goals as far as I can tell. Without defining variables as to what the intent of the diet is, no accurate answer can be given.

Is your goal mass gain? Otherwise there's no good reason as to why you'd be eating so much on DiPasquale's anabolic diet.

Nobody posting their opinions on diets thus far has mentioned anything about their goals as far as I can tell. Without defining variables as to what the intent of the diet is, no accurate answer can be given.

for my bodyweight (160) i'd have to consume 2,880 calories to maintain my weight, i was never able to eat that much eating 3 meals a day with bacon, eggs, cheeses, meats, you name it.

my goal is to get lean and this is what this diet is supposed to do, i'm already down to about 158 though from doing the anabolic diet but this diet seems to suit my needs more (i really hated eating so often).

The "Warrior Diet" I was on used to be MRE's and I gained weight on them. I feel best on the Atkins diet. Back in the day I was a strict vegan. My poor body..... strict vegan in my 20's and now Atkins in my 40's.

for my bodyweight (160) i'd have to consume 2,880 calories to maintain my weight, i was never able to eat that much eating 3 meals a day with bacon, eggs, cheeses, meats, you name it.

my goal is to get lean and this is what this diet is supposed to do, I'm already down to about 158 though from doing the anabolic diet but this diet seems to suit my needs more (i really hated eating so often).

You sound like me a year or two ago.

My little brother got into weight lifting and wishes to do similar things as you and me. His problem is he can't put on weight, and Keep it.

I shall use him as an example so you can learn what he does wrong and right and learn from that.

His problem is fixed by just eating more food. He doesn't want to because then it could possibly add to fat gaining weight. Than I say well if you gain any fat in the process then you can just run. He claims that running is not very fun and to exhausting. Well yes it would be if its been so damn long since he ran and has been lifting, another likely cause is he can't get into the feeling of burning calories while he has none inside left to eat from. If he can't do the fundamentals of exercise he can't possibly expect to gain weight the way he wants. If he doesn't do cardio he can't expect to stay as slim as he is. The truth be told the more weight he puts on the more fat you can get away on your body with still seeing the muscles because the muscles are bigger in comparison. He also doesn't take that into account. Most of the time if you want to change your body its best to do it nice and slowly, gradually. Because well, it gives your body more time to adjust.

In the end my little brothers problem is being narrow minded. He wants what he wants. Instead of listening to possibly helpful advice. He claims he doesn't want to do this or that, then in the end he doesn't get what he wants. He will learn through live about this or slowly very very slowly get better and not understand it. Unfortunately thats his choice.

Ok... Mantis, so you have a hard time eating so much calories. Right? So lets first look at your body type first. How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Lets start with that. Than lets figure out what your current daily eating habits are. How much you eat and how often?

Edited by WhiteTiger

lol no offense but your little brother doesn't sound like me at all, i know what i have to do i just hated eating so much meat and fat on the anabolic diet that i decided to switch it.

Well, he doesn't sound like you at all maybe. I normally when describing my little brother I definately Hate on him. But his problem with gaining weight sounds similar or the same as yours. He just didn't want to eat enough.

I guess you found a way to eat more... I misunderstood what you were saying in the post i guess.

I was only trying to offer some advice :)

Fasting improves insulin sensitivity and really is the deciding factor in fat loss/muscle retention. Most people commonly mistake that for having a 'good metabolism' but it isn't, it is having one's hormones in check -- fat loss is 100% hormonal, having a good metabolism will only affect weight and not body fat. Obese people (diabeetus peepole too) are too insulin resistant and would benefit from an intermittent fasting/no processed carbs/grains diet...but with FRUIT. It irks me seeing people avoiding fruit...just eat a few pieces a day and hold back on the fucking fig newtons or cakes.

I eat bananas all the time and according to my BMI, I'm underweight.

Edited by nomad

For me, BMI isn't very accurate. It seems to sometimes be pretty accurate and other times not... I'm not the average body type is my reasoning currently. I personally don't go by Body Mass Index.

There are some decent scales on the market that send a small electrical pulse up the body to measure more or less your muscle fat ratio.

Actually its not the muscle fat ratio. Its the body fat %

yeah the anabolic diet has too much, i've lost weight since on it but you have to eat so much; my heart feels all strange now.

how exactly did you do the warrior diet? from what i understand you can't eat your "meal" until at least 16-18 hours after your last meal (sleep included). in this fasting period you can have vegetable/fruit juices or simply water.

i'm reading the book but there seems to be some inconsistencies, he'll say you can have whatever you want here and then in the next chapter say you should only eat a certain amount of something.

still, i like the idea of having a daily small fast and then have a large meal at night.

I just had water during the day and started eating at around 5 or 6 pm. Vegetable/fruit juices during the day is like what I do not except I also eat some solid fruits and I take some herbs and teas also. I'm not trying to lose weight as I'm already pretty lean, it's more of a mental and energy balance thing for me.

Real yogis do the "modified bigu" diet (a small veggie meal once a day) --

http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/reader?asi...6I8AP6Tt072uU=#

What real yogis?

I

BTW, Master T.T. Liang ate Twinkies all the time. He lived to be 102!

THat is awesome! But I guess he was not a real yogi though according to Drew & his Lotus Posturewisdombreathpinealfastingjuicer....

i was going to do essentially the same thing, water fasting throughout the day but the community on the board said that's not a generally good idea and eating something, although light, prevents your body from entering a catabolic state. maybe some protein powder with some water and fruits spread out throughout the day.

i was going to do essentially the same thing, water fasting throughout the day but the community on the board said that's not a generally good idea and eating something, although light, prevents your body from entering a catabolic state. maybe some protein powder with some water and fruits spread out throughout the day.

I used a mix of whey protein and green drink (Green Vibrance it think) during the day to keep out of a catabolic state and keep energy levels up. I also remember drinking a lot of green tea and Spring Dragon tea (Dragon Herbs) during the day which seemed to help a lot.

Edited by jaloo

wow 160kg!? that's 352 lbs lol !

the anabolic diet says 18 calories x lbs for the maintenance phase (3 to 4 weeks) then you can either bulk from there (add) or go on a cut (decrease) for your goal.