Trunk

Small Heavenly Orbit

Gosh, I was only joking with Vajrasattva there in my first post...but I did confirm my guess that there are some subjects that should not be mentioned if you want a sober discussion. That is "the nessecity of full lotus", "david shen verdesis foundation training" and "kunlun debunking".

But the blog is a true gem! Its a wonder how it managed to stay hidden from the taobums for almost three months...

The blogger say crosslegged is fine. But you still need to be able to sit still for several hours within the pressure of the teachers chi-field. The blog say it is painful...I would love to try that challenge :D

Hehe, that's probably true about the touchy subjects.

I'm probably the only person who has been reading this blog previously. I found it when there were only 2-3 posts. I was surprised that there were no comments on it. When the author started posting on the small heavenly orbit as Wang Liping teaches it, I was happy to see that their methods are for the real breakthrough small heavenly orbit. This just involves converting jing into qi, and building it up at the dan tian until the channels naturally open.

And I agree that the blog is a true gem. I found it when I was searching for information on Wang Liping awhile back.

Spectrum -- like Santiago, you admit not being able to sit in full-lotus with your ankles on your thighs?

Like Who Drew? It's a "leading" question.

My references to a "step by step" opening process leading towards "full lotus" are from my personal experiences. There is definitive benefit from "working" towards this posture, even if one never fully reaches the bound version. The proper opening steps really effect the pelvis, legs and lower back dramatically.

My intention is to encourage folks who think they are not flexible enough to begin the process one leg at a time, instead of elevating my personal practice above others by saying "I can".

Edited by Spectrum

Ok, once a year I get to get all Cartman:

Except for that rockin' Glinda-bubble and good joke earlier, this thread is abso-f'ing-lutely pathetic. How do you ever hope to learn anything when you're so full of yourselves? :angry: Hu-rumph! If that blog couldn't interrupt self-involved fixation & redundant self-affirmation, I don't know what.

CartmanMad.gif

yeah, really

"i read the classics"

go die

That's very nice of you. "I want you to die because I don't like you".

So you don't read translations of Daoist or Buddhist classics on cultivation? They're just old poems that explain and document these exact subjects. They're widely available, easy to find, and they can shed some light on what past masters thought were the most important points of practice. Pretty fundamental material, really.

Sorry Trunk,

I hope I didn't contribute to your frustration. I really respect your contributions. :)

Apparently the lotus pose was mentioned in the blog as a testament to the students stamina and willpower?

I like the blog, very interesting. :D

OK here's images of the Buddha -- about a third of them are in padmasana -- the full lotus posture (for those of you thus devoid of seeing such a pleasure).

http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Homewares,Artwork,Buddha-statue

And, as my article entitled, "you can't fake the full-lotus" emphasizes, qigong master Chunyi Lin states that you if want to make sure someone is a real master just see how long they can sit in full lotus -- at ease.

I'm just a beginner, of course, but when qigong master Chunyi Lin says 20 minutes of full lotus is worth 4 hours of any other practice I take his word for it. Also that's just my practical experience. Feel at dis-ease? Sit in full-lotus. Need to work all night on the fly? Sit in full-lotus. Etc.

Guest allan
Edited by allan

Except for that rockin' Glinda-bubble and good joke earlier, this thread is abso-f'ing-lutely pathetic. How do you ever hope to learn anything when you're so full of yourselves? :angry: Hu-rumph! If that blog couldn't interrupt self-involved fixation & redundant self-affirmation, I don't know what.

CartmanMad.gif

Everyone goes Cartman once in a while, one time a year isnt so much in my humble opinion, there are others..

Dont waste youre valuable energy Trunk .. sit back .. relax ... enjoy the present moment and watch people discuss details :)

Thanx for posting the link to the blog, i noticed Truth's post also in the original thread. I was selfish though, you thought about the rest and made an effort to highlight the link in a new thread. Btw its also kind of the student of Wang Liping to post he's experiences in a blog. Time's changing ?

Kind regards.

or as cartman would say ;)

EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP AND RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH, BUNCH OF TREEHUGGING HIPPIES SCREW YOU GUYS IM GOING HOME

Except for that rockin' Glinda-bubble and good joke earlier, this thread is abso-f'ing-lutely pathetic. How do you ever hope to learn anything when you're so full of yourselves? mad.gif Hu-rumph! If that blog couldn't interrupt self-involved fixation & redundant self-affirmation, I don't know what.

Even before Trunk posted this, I had been thinking pretty much the same thing. Such a GREAT blog. Such a useless diversion to go into endless repetitions of discussions that have already been... ah ... amply covered... in a number of other threads!

Thinking about it, I decided that the way to turn it around was to bring up some other aspect of the blog and try to get the conversation going in a direction that, well, at least I, like better, or find more interesting or helpful, and hope that someone else may be inspired to chime in on a new note.

So, back to the Dragon Gate blog and the SMO. Had to read it again and use that great search feature that lets you get posts on one topic together on one page. Nice.

First, it's encouraged me to go back to the book, Opening the Dragon Gate, for another look. I had originally read it and discounted its practical usefullness, considering it just a fable. With more understanding of who Wang Liping is in China today, and what he has meant to Shen Laoshi, I'm more interested in "mining" the book the way I have with Nine Nights with the Taoist Master.

Found it interesting that Mr. Shen said that male and female practices (Nu Dan Gong) are different but also overlap. Anybody know more about this? At the end, in the section titled "Things I want to say", the list includes "topical essays" that look really interesting:

"Topical essays.
1. Teaching Experiences.
2. How to enter the door of taoism.
3. Building the foundation.
4. Female Practice.
5. Health and wellness."

But I guess we have to wait for our intrepid translator, Ken, to get to that bit. Wish I knew how to encourage him!

Has anybody opened the SHO and had the experience that Mr. Shen describes, that it continues to run by itself and sort of cleans out the whole body over time? I'm also interested in the distinction he makes between visualizing the SHO and actually opening it.

Okay, hopefully some others will chime in with what interests them most about this blog!Seems to me too rich to just let fade out!

Full lotus does the same thing. The energy naturally comes down the front -- and the channels will open up by themselves. You just sit and let the energy run -- and enjoy the energy. Lately it's been opening up the left side of my brain more and more -- lots of cracking, popping, strong pressure -- goes to the pineal gland and releases back into consciousness which is what powers the whole harmonics (yin/yang) of the energy.

The blogger say crosslegged is fine. But you still need to be able to sit still for several hours within the pressure of the teachers chi-field. The blog say it is painful...I would love to try that challenge :D

when I was at foundation training, our teacher did this - it just feels like if you havent practiced in weeks and are stiff as a board and have to sit there...yeah, its painful! she said she pressed a little, but it was nothing like what liping does when you sit with him :)

OK here's images of the Buddha -- about a third of them are in padmasana -- the full lotus posture (for those of you thus devoid of seeing such a pleasure).

http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Homewares,Artwork,Buddha-statue

And, as my article entitled, "you can't fake the full-lotus" emphasizes, qigong master Chunyi Lin states that you if want to make sure someone is a real master just see how long they can sit in full lotus -- at ease.

I'm just a beginner, of course, but when qigong master Chunyi Lin says 20 minutes of full lotus is worth 4 hours of any other practice I take his word for it. Also that's just my practical experience. Feel at dis-ease? Sit in full-lotus. Need to work all night on the fly? Sit in full-lotus. Etc.

Right!

Never in any Buddhist sutra does it say that one does not need to sit in full lotus to attain enlightenment.

All cultivation Masters teach the Lotus position for a reason. As well, all Buddha's attained their great an inconceivable enlightenment through Lotus posture.

It may hurt at first..even for the first 3 months or more, but that doesn't mean one must stop practicing it.

It is said that the full lotus diminishes negative afflictions. When the legs are in pain, it is the manifestation of negative karma.

I know people who were never able to sit in full lotus due to their legs welling up in pain. But because they were sincere in their cultivation, bowing to the Buddhas, dedicating their breath and mind to recitation, they all of a sudden were able to slip right into Lotus without a probelm, and can still do it after many years.

They were not children, but full grown adults, who never stretched, never did martial arts, and never tried to practice full Lotus.

Its not about whether one likes it or not. Its simply about the mind. Where is your mind...?

What is the body...?

When things like this are clear, then so is the body. People seem to think that when the body can't do something, it has to do with their inability to perform. Rather, it is the heaviness of one's karmic afflictions.

It doesn't need to be believed in to be true. That's just how it is.

Practice full Lotus without complaining. Tell your legs that its okay...just a few more minutes, who knows, you may attain enlightenment.. hehe

As for not seeing Buddhist statues sitting lotus at temples... who knows what temples one may have gone to, but almost all Buddhist temples show the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas sitting in full Lotus at one alter or another. Even so, at Daoist temples as well. All immortals and Gods are sitting in Lotus posture... its telling us something.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

The purpose of the full-lotus is EXORCISM AND ECSTASY -- you exorcise the lower emotions -- anger, fear, worry, sadness, lust -- and transform them into love-light.

So I usually need to stretch in half-lotus for maybe 5 minutes in the morning and then I try not to go longer than 20 minutes NOT in full-lotus. Full-lotus ALL day long -- as self-defense -- as transformation. I don't trust my conceptual brain -- rely on the full-lotus to center your consciousness as the source of the pineal eye bliss creating ecstasy.

Full-lotus ALL day long -- as self-defense --

:lol: Drew you need to learn real psychic self defense & physical self defense. Lotus has nothing to do with real self defense its just an Asana.

as transformation. I don't trust my conceptual brain -- rely on the full-lotus to center your consciousness as the source of the pineal eye bliss creating ecstasy.

Your conceptual brain is just as important as your nonconceptual brain.

You want pineal eye bliss ecstasy do Shambhavi Mudra & Inner smile.

You can do it in any posture even while taking a shit!

Peace

Santiago

Santiago -- I'm glad you sent me this message. The other day I had gas -- I've had no money so my diet has been dregs -- like cookies, bread. So I've been eating tons of garlic to counteract the sugar.

Oh yeah -- I ate at this charity kitchen and all the white rice and bread.

So then I remember this biography of this Western dude who tried to be a Thai monk -- joined a monastery. The book is fascinating but he wasn't really serious about it.

He discovered that the Thai monks are all constipated -- too much white rice and

NO FULL LOTUS.

So then I go into full-lotus ON THE CAN. Ah -- had several internal climaxes and out came the gas and whatever else needed to get released.

haha.

Seriously Santiago -- the beauty of the practice is that we TAKE IN THE NEGATIVE ENERGY -- lower emotions -- anger, sadness, fear, worry, lust -- and

transform them into LOVE-LIGHT.

This is done ONLY because everything is consciousness. There is no defence nor offence for consciousness -- there is no loss, no gain.

Why would anyone want to attack THEMSELVES?

So qigong master Jim Nance was a Kungfu Master -- when he fought everything went into slow motion and he would see the opponents moves BEFORE it happened. He always won -- and always WEEPED after winning -- because he had TAKEN IN and felt the pain that he had given out.

So this Chinese kungfu master said -- "you need to learn internal martial arts." -- that was in the 1960s.

Now Jim Nance sits in full-lotus all day and night and he does long distance healing -- just like his teacher qigong master Chunyi Lin. http://springforestqigong.com

Guest allan

As for not seeing Buddhist statues sitting lotus at temples... who knows what temples one may have gone to, but almost all Buddhist temples show the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas sitting in full Lotus at one alter or another. Even so, at Daoist temples as well. All immortals and Gods are sitting in Lotus posture... its telling us something.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Try finding a statute of Buddha in full lotus when you visit some Royal Buddhist temples in Bangkok or old Buddhist temples in South East Asia especially those maintained by chief monks from India or Sri Lanka.

It is always interesting to find people who claim to know more about Daoist heavenly immortals, deities and Buddhas and their sitting posture(s). Then you would be able to discern if they or their teacher(s) have been talking crap or facts all along.

But who knows, they could somehow also have had spoken to these divinities for decades, even though China had banned such medium or planchette practices during the same period. :unsure:

Regards,

Try finding a statute of Buddha in full lotus when you visit some Royal Buddhist temples in Bangkok or old Buddhist temples in South East Asia especially those maintained by chief monks from India or Sri Lanka.

It is always interesting to find people who claim to know more about Daoist heavenly immortals, deities and Buddhas and their sitting posture(s). Then you would be able to discern if they or their teacher(s) have been talking crap or facts all along.

But who knows, they could somehow also have had spoken to these divinities for decades, even though China had banned such medium or planchette practices during the same period. :unsure:

Regards,

You know what's even more interesting, is that India and Sri Lanka are not the only places that the

Buddhas and Bodhisattvas appeared in the world. I haven't been to India, but if full lotus was never important, they would have never taught it to begin with.

What's even more interesting than that is one manner of a Buddhist temple can not be the authority on all manners of Buddhist temples, just as that temple having statues of the Buddha not in full lotus does not present the authority that Buddhas never sat in full lotus.

What are you talking about here? Read my post clearly. There are temples that have Buddhist statues in Lotus posture. As well as Daoist temples which have Gods and Immortals in Lotus posture.

Here's my original post:

The bolded sentences are of the same idea. Maybe I should have added a comma, or semi colon to signify the same thought. Meaning, "...at Daoist temples as well; All immortals and Gods are sitting in Lotus posture..."

No one in my post claimed to know the Gods and Immortals and Buddhas through divination... I know people who do, but that's another story. :)

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Hello Dao Bums,

I am presently in China beginning the tenth day of a ten day intensive retreat with Wang Liping. There are eight of us in this group. Four of the students are here for the second time, the other four are first-timers, myself included.

I can confirm that all the meditation is done sitting in lotus (cross, half, full, depending on individual abilities). Liping says that lotus is the foundation for building a strong dantien and stove/cauldron and without this strong foundation you cannot correctly develop this in your own body. He says lotus closes the meridians in the legs and seals the yin gates (perinium, anus, sexual organs) to allow the qi to collect in our bodies during meditation. If you sit in a chair you simply won't get the same results he says.

Yes, it is painful, but it seems to bring results. We sit for 90-140 minutes, twice per day. The retreat is amazing. Wang Liping is gem of a teacher in my opinion.

Edward Richards

This is truly amazing. I was thinking about you today -- wondering when and if we were going to hear from you again. And so... stories? Energy transmissions? Anyway it appears we're closing in on Wang, Liping.