magician

countermeasures against hairloss

Use Nizoral. It's main ingredient, Ketoconazole, has been proven to be pretty effective against male pattern baldness. It's about $15 for a bottle in the US but it'll last for months.

Use it 3x a week while in the shower, apply and leave it on for at least 5 minutes. Take before and afters, give it at least 6 months. Buy and take Saw Palmetto, as well.

I did not see I had written in this thread a long time ago

Edited by markern

Namaste All :D

If the hairloss is genetic, there is nothing you can do about it. Except maybe get "plugs" but that's just wierd ;)

Love!

:D

If the hairloss is genetic

But what if you are the only one on both sides of your family going bald with receding hair :unsure: My grandmother thinks it's because I brushed my hair from childhood with a cheap plastic hairbrush that really scrapes my scalp.

Hey Mal :D

But what if you are the only one on both sides of your family going bald with receding hair :unsure:

My understanding is that baldness comes from the mother's side. If your mother's father went bald at an early age chances are good that all your mother's sons will too. If you are the only one on both sides of your family going bald then it likely isn't genetic. My grandfather was fully bald by 18 and all my male cousins on my mothers side are going bald as am I.

My grandmother thinks it's because I brushed my hair from childhood with a cheap plastic hairbrush that really scrapes my scalp.

Seems unlikely to me. Just one man's opinion though :D

Love!

:D

To reply to the guy that wanted to know if spanking your monkey will make your hair fall out... nope - but it will make you go blind B)

I disagree. I think that ejaculating can be harmful. It may have been said before, but let me clarify this aspect:

My Observation:

My scalp itches after an ejaculation.

My theory:

Ejaculation increases the testosterone level in my blood. The hightened testerone level elevates the level of dihydrotestosterone. The hightened level of dihydrotestosterone leads to hair loss because i am genetically prone to hair loss. The hightened level of dihydrotestosterone leads to an inflammation in my scalp. Then my immune system starts attacking hair cells. A symptom of this inflammation is the itching of the scalp

See also:

http://www.mistermanpower.net/blog/?tag=how-does-ejaculation-effect-testosterone

However, after reading a couple of scientific studies that showed men who ejaculated more often stayed younger looking due to the increase in testosterone, I began to ejaculate more.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/744019

Studies have shown that ejaculation (...) increase serum testerone levels in the blood .

http://www.mattersofsize.com/forum/showthread.php?9214-Relationship-between-ejaculation-and-testosterone-levels(pdf-article)&p=86143

if you don't orgasm for a week, for one day your testosterone will be 40% higher

Edited by Herodes

GENETICS will.

A gene that causes hereditary hypotrichosis simplex has been isolated - although it does not explain the complex process of male pattern baldness:
A gene that causes hereditary baldness has been identified, leading to hopes for future hair loss treatment.

Researchers have found a gene mutation which leads to thinning hair and which can even start taking effect in childhood.

The gene, APCDD1, causes hair follicles to shrink, leading to thinner hair known as 'peach fuzz'.

The condition leading to thinning hair is known as hereditary hypotrichosis simplex and the researchers believe they have pinpointed the gene behind it.

Dr Angela Christiano, lead author and professor of dermatology and genetics and development at Columbia University Medical Center, said: 'The identification of this gene underlying hereditary hypotrichosis simplex has afforded us an opportunity to gain insight into the process of hair follicle miniaturization, which is most commonly observed in male pattern hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.

'It is important to note that while these two conditions share the same physiologic process, the gene we discovered for hereditary hypotrichosis does not explain the complex process of male pattern baldness.'

Her team studied data from families in Pakistan and Italy with hereditary hypotrichosis simplex. They identified a common mutation in the APCDD1 gene, which is located in a specific region on a chromosome 18 that has been linked in previous studies to hair loss.

It inhibits a signal pathway known as Wnt which has been shown to control hair growth in mice, but has only know been linked to the human condition.

'Furthermore, these findings suggest that manipulating the Wnt pathway may have an effect on hair follicle growth - for the first time, in humans.

'And unlike commonly available treatments for hair loss that involve blocking hormonal pathways, treatments involving the Wnt pathway would be non-hormonal, which may enable many more people suffering from hair loss to receive such therapies.'