neo

Spiritual Guides

you won't fall as far as you might think. Something catches you.

beautiful, thank you.

Hi Mantra,

You really suprise me and i also feel like Hundun right now i may have jumped the gun and judged Max and yourself alittle too early. I am very superstitious as i am a Taoist myself and do follow the path but i guess all the ritual stuff and my past Sifu made me like this. I need to let go of that part of myself!!

Funny you mention the snake of the spine, this was happening alot the head (my head) was snapping like a whip from the base up, Left right, front back.

I am pretty open already from my daoist initiations, reiki etc so i might connect pretty fast and this was completely different to what i have experienced. I will give another try though and smile alot more!!! :)

Thanks man, best wishes!

WYG

Cool man. NOW we have something to talk about: direct first-hand experience.

I am happy for you.

Keep me posted.

hey WYG, glad to hear you're having good experiences with Kunlun!

i tried doing it almost every day for like 3 months but didn't amount to much. i think my issue was retention.. i jerk off way too much..then had a girlfriend. but she's gone now for a month so i can try the ol' celibacy route. i've heard from hindu sources the importance of celibacy as well.. the fast track to enlightenment... and necessary to make meditations spontaneous. no wonder my meditations have been sucking.

hey WYG, glad to hear you're having good experiences with Kunlun!

i tried doing it almost every day for like 3 months but didn't amount to much. i think my issue was retention.. i jerk off way too much..then had a girlfriend. but she's gone now for a month so i can try the ol' celibacy route. i've heard from hindu sources the importance of celibacy as well.. the fast track to enlightenment... and necessary to make meditations spontaneous. no wonder my meditations have been sucking.

bullshit. don't buy it.

you're 22 years old. don't judge yourself for draining those nuts at every opportunity. LOL!

i can't believe i just wrote that! :lol:

you just need to find the right practices. remember, some people are blown into enlightenment with no spiritual training whatsoever. so you KNOW they are not celibate. other people dedicate their lives, and they never get there.

your quality of self that you bring to your journey is far more important than the path you choose.

all roads lead home.

because you're already there.

Glenn Morris was jerking off when his Kundalini erupted. do you think he was practicing celibacy? Nope.

just know what you want, and fucking mean it, bro.

a transmission will help. if you can't find someone to give you one, i'll give you one myself the next time i'm in your area. but don't ever think the gates are closed to you. EVER.

they're only closed if you close your mind.

mickaelz,

I dont know if it was that enjoyable i didnt get any bliss feeling just felt like i was getting bashed and smashed left right and center!

Will be giving it ago again tonight will keep you all posted, this time will wear a mouth guard!!! lmao

I too have alot of sex and yes im married i dont think i could last 100days yet! :unsure:

WYG

Interestingly, I feel that kunlun makes sex seem less important.

Or maybe that's just me.

Nope, me too.

Or at least, the excitement and the ego-reinforcement and the stimulation and the making-something-happen.

That all seems less important.

The idea of a real physical sharing of how-I-am-and-she-is is still in the background, growing steadily, but at the moment I'm happy to be accumulating a happier state to share, and I think most of the sharing I might do now could be done by holding hands.

There's just so much baggage attached to all that stuff with willies and girl bits, that I reckon a sounder platform of happy might be in order first.

All of which is not to say that I don't have a few moments, still. But less so...

"willies and girl bits"

I love the English!

Opening to the primordial, divine energy with Kunlun, only magnifies the sexual experience for most people. But I am referring to the actual experience. It does not actually make it more important in your mind.

Although, feeling like a 24 year-old all the time does make you want play Tantra more than your average 40 year-old.

On a side note, I am changing my personal view of retention. My experience (6 years now) of retaining the semen has probably saved a few years of life, but I also noticed a reinforcement of whatever left over, energetic blocks I had in my abdomen and below.

Letting everything flow naturally, feels the best.

When you ejaculate, do it with an empty mind. No fear of loss.

If you want to retain it's best to abstain.

(I am starting to sound like Johnnie Cochran.)

Celibacy over jerk and draw. Me thinks (for now).

Speaking of sex-related topics...

Does anyone feel like promising commitment often feels too rigid and unadaptable to the unpredictable divine flow these days? I mean, how can you promise something in the future when you don't know where the flow might take you then?

Seems some people want some sort of guarantee upfront, though? Although a few others don't..

This is probably an internal issue I need to work out. But just wondering how everyone else is handling their bidness these days? :D How do you conduct a Taoist sexual "relationship?" Flexible and in the moment? Step-by-step without getting ahead of yourselves? Or still just more conventionally with leaps of faith and "politician promises?" :P

Speaking of sex-related topics...

Does anyone feel like promising commitment often feels too rigid and unadaptable to the unpredictable divine flow these days? I mean, how can you promise something in the future when you don't know where the flow might take you then?

Seems some people want some sort of guarantee upfront, though? Although a few others don't..

This is probably an internal issue I need to work out. But just wondering how everyone else is handling their bidness these days? :D How do you conduct a Taoist sexual "relationship?" Flexible and in the moment? Step-by-step without getting ahead of yourselves? Or still just more conventionally with leaps of faith and "politician promises?" :P

If I knew the answers to these questions, I wouldn't be giving them away for free :D

But seriously, I don't think there is a right way, except to be totally up front about what you want and expect, and just see if the other person goes with it.

I do rather like the old pagan handfasting idea. Together for a year, renew if agreed.

Hi Chris,

That was a nice mix of hyperboyle, presumption and mis-information about the Tibetan Tradition. I'll watch with interest from an even greater distance Kunlun's interaction with the Tibetan tradition.

Have fun yourself.

:)

Edited by rex

Hi Chris,

That was a nice mix of hyperboyle, presumption and mis-information about the Tibetan Tradition. I'll watch with interest from an even greater distance Kunlun's interaction with the Tibetan tradition.

Have fun yourself.

Yeah, I just love making stuff up. I don't already have enough to deal with.

What I say is true and frankly, it really doesn't matter if you believe me or not. Your opinion certainly doesn't change anything.

So far everything I have said has proven true by objective individuals, through first-hand experience and this is no different.

Surrendering to the heart (Kunlun practice) is something that everybody needs more of.

Edited by Mantra68

I can say that I've met Lama Oscar and he's an amazing guy working to integrate the two schools.

OK, so we're turning all scientific on the spirit world! :D Let's go:

tryptophan > serotonin > melatonin > pinoline > 5-MeO-DMT > DMT

Please note that supplementing directly with oral melatonin won't do it -- the body has to convert just the right amount of the goodies at every metabolic step and much prefers to deal with precursors, not the straight-up substances -- it doesn't like to be dictated how much of what to handle "right now," out of the blue, just because the mind decided to give it something to deal with right now. The body likes to make those decisions itself, based on information it has that the neocortex doesn't. So of course if you take DMT straight up you're going to trip your brains out, but if you set up the ideal metabolic conditions for your body to go along with your practice (that's the right practice, the right light-darkness stimulation, the right herbs and foods to go with same, and the right invocations), the body will let the mind open itself to spiritual visitations just to the extent it's safe and beneficial, no more.

Dietary sources of tryptophan:

chocolate, meat, fish, turkey, dairy, oats, bananas, dates, peanuts.

Dietary aid to spiritual visions:

no grains high in protein (like modern GM ones) but low in tryptophan, since eliminating them minimizes competition for absorption from other amino acids. Meat and veggies, or fish and veggies, is it. Chocolate for dessert, nothing wrong with that. The original taoist (non-buddhist-influenced) diet conductive to spiritual visions is "Abstaining from Grains."

Very cool, I had forgotten about this.

Maybe I need to add tryptophan to my supplement list...anyone using it now and noticing any difference?

thanks

what you say makes sense

it was a little too intense for me. it made my heart race a little. im only 17. i dont think im ready yet. maybe if i was in a more positive mood i would feel better about it.

I've gotten into lucid dreaming, and one of the things that I wanted to do in a lucid dream was to contact my spirit guide.

The first dream I successfully became lucid in, I said, "where's my spirit guide, i want to meet my spirit guide." Suddenly I met this figure in my dream, I was "sucked" across the room and was standing toe to toe with him, looking right into his eyes. My heart started to beat really fast and I could feel it thumping in my chest, it was quite intense.... then I had a false awakening (you are still dreaming but don't realize it) in which I was trying to investigate the dream.

So basically, I got the feeling I should back off, which I did. I started to meditate more seriously, and then did some studying up on western magick, stuff like protection circles, how to defend yourself against psychic attacks. It basically comes down to willpower. If you will for something to not bother you, it won't. But when you are facing spirits or things from the depths of your own mind, that willpower can be hard to pull together.

I asked around about this not too long ago on some other forums, and I got a variety of responses. The general consensus is that when meeting someone or something from another realm, or another composition.... well it's not like meeting another human on the sidewalk, it's new, there's a huge element of the unknown. If you walk into a crowded room and everyone turns around to look at you with an awkward silence, your body might start to react (heart pumping). If you meet someone from another plane, your body might start to react! That doesn't necessarily mean it's DANGEROUS, it's just new and unknown.

So that advice, coupled with a lot more personal development on my part, led me to try again with lucid dreaming and spirit guides. The results weren't what I expected, but I haven't had (too much) trouble in things freaking me out or anything like that. So I'd say read up on the subject, gather as much info as you can, then mentally fortify yourself, and try again later.

Ask why they are there.

That has been the most rewarding advice I've been given, after primarily practicing Shamanism for the past few years. It's closely tied in with Taoism too, and one of the origins of Taoism is in Shamanism. (Semi-mythical shaman Yu I think?)

You don't necessarily need to ask in dreaming - learn trance techniques (deep breathing so you become very still, drumbeat, etc.), visualization, and practice.

Edited by DaoChild

Guest C Yu C He Taiji
Interestingly, I feel that kunlun makes sex seem less important.

Or maybe that's just me.

I am getting that as well. I still enjoy sex especially because I have always had a very strong connection to physical/sexual desires, but it seems to take place on a very mundane level. I got a lot shaking in the beginning and have experienced mostly really cold hand and feet. I'm trying to do the 100 days of retention because for me it is a question of willpower and I gues that for the rest of my path I will need a bit more of that. :-). I also noticed though the retention seems to strengthen me altogether I feel that my energetic blockages are getting stronger as well. i didn't get any profound physical changes and at the moment it seems that the practice is changing my thinking and my life in general. I still have to experience any blissful feelings. I am trying to attend the seminar in Germany together with my girlfriend.

i wish you love, peace and a long life