Chang dao ling

LDT meditation without a teacher

Hi everyone, i am a strong believer of master and Disciple relationship. Not only neidan even to learn normal things like l car driving, drawing, swimming etc you need teacher guidence. But @Taoist Texts says we don't need a teacher to learn neidan. 

So my question to Taoist texts.

" Is it possible to learn neidan without a teacher" if yes tell the LDT meditation technique.

2 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Hi everyone, i am a strong believer of master and Disciple relationship. Not only neidan even to learn normal things like l car driving, drawing, swimming etc you need teacher guidence. But @Taoist Texts says we don't need a teacher to learn neidan. 

" Is it possible to learn neidan without a teacher" if yes tell the LDT meditation technique.

If we don’t need a teacher to learn neidan, then he should post every step and instruction here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chang dao ling said:

" Is it possible to learn neidan without a teacher"

Neidan is a made-up western word which means  1) the teaching of  alchemy, 2) the practice of  alchemy 3)  the product of  alchemy  (the  elixir).

These are 3 different things yet the westerners  lump  all 3 of them into one fake term

The westerners made up this  fake  term in order to delude themselves that they can  A) understand  the alchemy, B ) practice  the alchemy C) teach the alchemy - without ever D) producing the elixir.

To answer your question:

NO. For normal people, with or without a teacher, it is not possible. 

YES . For a particularly gifted, 1-in-a-billion person, it is possible .

2 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

tell the LDT meditation technique.

This exceptional book explains " LDT meditation technique" for  virtue, health, power and wisdom in complete detail.

Who could  get these results from this book will be able to advance to neidan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

Neidan is a made-up western word which means  1) the teaching of  alchemy, 2) the practice of  alchemy 3)  the product of  alchemy  (the  elixir).

These are 3 different things yet the westerners  lump  all 3 of them into one fake term

The westerners made up this  fake  term in order to delude themselves that they can  A) understand  the alchemy, B ) practice  the alchemy C) teach the alchemy - without ever D) producing the elixir.

To answer your question:

This exceptional book explains " LDT meditation technique" for  virtue, health, power and wisdom in complete detail.

Who could  get these results from this book will be able to advance to neidan. 

isn’t the term neidan  used in the cantong qi (sp?)

42 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

To answer your question:

Which one are you?

1 hour ago, Apech said:

isn’t the term neidan  used in the cantong qi (sp?)

no;) not recorded there

http://www.shixiu.net/dujing/daojiaojingdian/1019.html

the term's history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neidan#Terminology

1 hour ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

he should post every step and instruction here.

maybe he should, but he wonders what good will possibly come out of it?

1 hour ago, Elysium said:

Which one are you?

I am a chosen one. Yet i am a total loser in all other respects, so i dont have any illusions of grandeur. My gift is not bankable. Its more of a curse actually.

14 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

no;) not recorded there

http://www.shixiu.net/dujing/daojiaojingdian/1019.html

the term's history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neidan#Terminology

I am a chosen one. Yet i am a total loser in all other respects, so i dont have any illusions of grandeur. My gift is not bankable. Its more of a curse actually.

Thanks so Song Dyn for widespread use of term for a set of practices- is this what you mean by a modern invention?

5 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

I think @Taoist Texts means to say it doesn't need a teacher because it can not be taught unless you are the chosen one?? Who knows? You could be that chosen one? That is what I think when I play the lottery. But, I never win anything.

• Thanks 1

Bak fu Sunn yee gung complete level 1 is doable without a teacher. 

Not sure if it is available online anymore. 

Only a breathing sequence is needed then the rest is automatic. 

• Thanks 1

This is a yes/no question.  The proper question is how much, how far can a person progresses without teacher.   If the objective is 5% Neidan, then it may be workable, anyhow without a teacher doesn't mean absolutely no teaching or wait for strike of lightning type.   Then one would ask why 5% is acceptable.  It is actually what is happening in the world.  When we set out to make money, would we aim for being the top richest man in the world?   If we swim, do we aim for winning an Olympic medal?   A certain result is good for almost everyone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

One might argue: 

Isn't it about saving all sentient beings, not a personal, transactional relationship?  How could someone who possess such art have any need for goodwill? And imagine how one could destroy all the fake, seminar-selling pseudo-Daoists by exposing the actual information? And if it's truly self-secret, then what harm can come?

Although, most people probably won't go for it if they have to give up wine, sex, and meat. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

My most intense and effective teachers have seldom been humans...

Spooky!

13 minutes ago, Maddie said:

This forum is full of self taught masters :rolleyes:

It’s full of something alright.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, silent thunder said:

Rivers and Insects and Trees.  Oh my!

Oh I thought you meant ‘entities’ …but insects?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Apech said:

Thanks so Song Dyn for widespread use of term for a set of practices- is this what you mean by a modern invention?

Not quite.

In chinese neidan always meant only one thing: the drug. It is not a set of practices nor a body of knowledge, it is the tangible resulting object of those.

In english medicine means 3 things: a drug, a set of practices, a body of knowledge.

When the westerners misappropriated the word neidan they ascribed these 3 things to it. Thats what i mean by the modern western  invention.

1 hour ago, forestofemptiness said:

Although, most people probably won't go for it if they have to give up wine, sex, and meat. 

defo, they wont;)

1 hour ago, forestofemptiness said:

Isn't it about saving all sentient beings, not a personal, transactional relationship?  

Two things here: 1) saving all beings, is not what you guys think. Not by a long shot. 2) like you correctly noted neidan is useless for the most people, and those who are really interested in it will easily find very ample scholarly info on it, not the teacher  garbage.

How could someone who possess such art have any need for goodwill?

not sure what that means but DDJ says evil arises from good

And imagine how one could destroy all the fake, seminar-selling pseudo-Daoists by exposing the actual information?

Hehe, no is not possible because it is the seminar-hoppers who create seminar-sellers. Nor desirable, because the suffering humans crave hope, and i am too kind to deny them that even if i could.

And if it's truly self-secret, then what harm can come?

Absolutely no harm, but like i said no good either. Just another 15 minites of useless typing down the drain. All in all good questions, man, thanks;)

1 hour ago, Master Logray said:

If the objective is 5% Neidan,

Unfortunately it is not possible, the medicine of neidan being a quantum thing: either you have 100% of it or none at all.

Edited by Taoist Texts
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

and those who are really interested in it will easily find very ample scholarly info on it, not the teacher  garbage.

Side doors and crooked paths resonate more with desire. 

• Thanks 1

I think one reason I never really got into neidan is because I don't understand what the point is?

One the other hand I think in a way I do practice neidan via TCM. 

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

One the other hand I think in a way I do practice neidan via TCM. 

No, that's not it.

• Like 1

Just now, Forestgreen said:

No, that's not it.

You don't even know what I do yet? lol

• Thanks 1