Chang dao ling

Headache, daydreaming need help

Hi, i am practicing visualization meditation i am getting headache and I want to daydream. Yesterday i started to do mental violence in daydreaming why Is this happening?

7 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Hi, i am practicing visualization meditation i am getting headache and I want to daydream. Yesterday i started to do mental violence in daydreaming why Is this happening?

Probably you are forcing it too much - but I’m not sure what you mean by mental violence.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Apech said:

Probably you are forcing it too much - but I’m not sure what you mean by mental violence.

While i am daydreaming i am doing violence on others in daydreaming 

50 minutes ago, Chang dao ling said:

Forums are not a good place to gain understanding for something like this. The only way you would be able to go in depth and understand why you see what you see is to find a psychotherapist close to your residence and work with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

why are you doing visualization and what are you imaging?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2024 at 12:51 AM, Chang dao ling said:

Why is this happening? I find that when I begin meditation, the mind fights with whatever it has to retain control. May be in your mind, violence is something that is not appealing? So, you are repelled and left asking why? Perhaps a different technique would be more amenable to your temperament? The mind wants to daydream, to draw attention away.

Edited by Tommy
  • Like 1

I would worry more about the violent thoughts than the headache part. The latter is kinda natural in first tries to be fair. It could be a simple case of lack of mental stamina, or monkey mind doing its best to resist. Or simply you overdid it.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 1:21 PM, Apech said:

why are you doing visualization and what are you imaging?

Lord Vishnu ( one of the Trinity in the Hinduism). My concentration is good in Visulization meditation 

On 4/23/2024 at 11:22 AM, snowymountains said:

Forums are not a good place to gain understanding for something like this. The only way you would be able to go in depth and understand why you see what you see is to find a psychotherapist close to your residence and work with them.

Yes i am also planning visiting psychologist 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

Perhaps a different technique would be more amenable to your temperament?

Yes this is what I am thinking 

Is violent thoughts and images something to be worried about? I do not know for sure. If one doesn't act upon violent thoughts or images then what is the issue? I like to watch boxing once in a awhile but it doesn't mean I know how to fight or want to fight. Does that make me a bad person? Is it against the 8 fold path? IDK.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Is violent thoughts and images something to be worried about? I do not know for sure. If one doesn't act upon violent thoughts or images then what is the issue? I like to watch boxing once in a awhile but it doesn't mean I know how to fight or want to fight. Does that make me a bad person? Is it against the 8 fold path? IDK.

Nobody said it's bad, it's not an ethics or a religious discussion, the question by the OP was why is this happening.

On 4/21/2024 at 9:51 PM, Chang dao ling said:

Some violence happened to you at young age that might causing you to have some flash back, perhaps?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Lord Vishnu ( one of the Trinity in the Hinduism). My concentration is good in Visulization meditation 

I would suggest that you’re ire what you are doing and your reasons for doing it.  In the meantime stick to following the breath or similar.

• Like 1

On 22.04.2024 at 7:51 AM, Chang dao ling said:

Another one, self-taught.

On 23.04.2024 at 7:57 AM, Chang dao ling said:

Daydreaming is not a practice. From your description you lack mental control and uncontrolled thoughts can come from mental parasites.

Visualization training can be approached after pre-requisites are met, you did not clear those first.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Daydreaming activities typically peak at teen years, don't know the OPs age, s/he can know if that's a factor ( no need to write it, imo online discussions offer zero value at helping OP with their question) .

Maybe the trigger was the visualisation, maybe something else, maybe a combination.

As to what he sees, it could be a number of things, none of which is a  metaphysical parasite however.

Let's not go back 500 years when bacteria were thought to be spirits.

@Chang dao ling 

In your shoes I'd honestly call a few licensed psychotherapists close to where you live and ask them if they've got professional experience with daydreaming as well as working with people in your age group and take it from there.

It's probably best to ignore what's written here, find a therapist and work with them.

Edited by snowymountains
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, snowymountains said:

It's probably best to ignore what's written here

Best advice.

But don’t even bother wasting money on a psychotherapist. It’s a literal daydream. Just your imagination. Nothing more, nothing less. Whatever violent thoughts came could be from something you saw on tv, a videogame you played or a book you read. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many people claim mastery on the interwebs.  

It's a realm of words.  And words are easily shared and claims are as simple as a few key strokes.

Be wary of easily proffered advice and claims of achievement and mastery has been and is my process with all internet conversations.

Over time real mastery will usually be discernible and reliable relationships may give access to useful actionable advice.

Until then reach out to those you already know and trust with such important queries.

Best of health to you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Best advice.

But don’t even bother wasting money on a psychotherapist. It’s a literal daydream. Just your imagination. Nothing more, nothing less. Whatever violent thoughts came could be from something you saw on tv, a videogame you played or a book you read. 

The therapist will help him understand why he sees violence which is something he wants to understand.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

The therapist will help him understand why he sees violence which is something he wants to understand.

Sometimes you don’t need to pay a therapist to understand something. If it was the case of repeated horrific violent scenes appearing unprompted then by all means, go see a therapist. But if it’s “I was daydreaming and one time it was violent” then I don’t think it’s so urgent as to waste your time and money going to a therapist.

Edited by -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Sometimes you don’t need to pay a therapist to understand something. If it was the case of repeated horrific violent scenes appearing unprompted then by all means, go see a therapist. But if it’s “I was daydreaming and one time it was violent” then I don’t think it’s so urgent as to waste your time money going to a therapist.

That's up to the OP, he can go or not go, up to him/her

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2024 at 1:52 AM, snowymountains said:

Isn't suggesting to see a psychotherapist a way of saying that he needs help? Help can come in the form of a kind word of understanding.

On 4/24/2024 at 8:42 AM, Tommy said:

I do not see it as an issue that requires help from a psychotherapist if there is no violent actions that follows those violent daydreams. He is reaching out to forum members for information.

On 4/24/2024 at 12:24 PM, snowymountains said:

Nobody said it's bad, it's not an ethics or a religious discussion, the question by the OP was why is this happening.

Yes, he is asking why ... which shows concern which I believe it means he is not a psychopath or sociopath. It is part of his practice or a result of his practice which makes it a religious discussion. If it were just random daydreams then it would not be religious. Do the daydreams need to be of priest and nuns in order to be religious? But since it comes as a result of his practice of meditation which is part of Buddhism, ...., it becomes a religious discussion. It should not be dismissed. He is asking for compassion and wisdom.

Yeah, I know this forum can not handle certain situations and sometimes suggesting professional help is the better alternative to advice given on a forum. What to do? IDK. May be I should stop watching boxing because whatever one feeds the mind is what grows much like Karma. Plant a seed and it will grow. Never knowing for sure when and how it will come back to bite us in the a...

Edited by Tommy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

… I should stop watching boxing because whatever one feeds the mind is what grows …

Yes.