Maddie

Transgender Q&A

1 minute ago, Apech said:

That’s a nice bit of waffle.

👍

I wonder if pancakes ever transition to waffles? 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Apech said:

That’s a nice bit of waffle.

👍

Wasn't elaborate enough? I can expand if you want. 

Actually it was a complete answer if understood fully. 

The question was if I understood you well. Who is doing the identification right? 

And the answer. "Identity is the consequence of your perception of reality" it's a complete answer in itself. 

Depending on what part you didn't understand I can elaborate. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

But this sounds a bit like distraction topic to me. 

I'd rather see what Maddie has to say about my transappearance insight. 

Edited by Salvijus

22 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Wasn't elaborate enough? I can expand if you want. 

Actually it was a complete answer if understood fully. 

The question was if I understood you well. Who is doing the identification right? 

And the answer. "Identity is the consequence of your perception of reality" it's a complete answer in itself. 

Depending on what part you didn't understand I can elaborate. 

I thought it was too elaborate.  But I won’t interfere with the flow of the thread any more.

Posted (edited)

Mind that sees reality as it is. Sees only dance of energy appearing and disappearing in emptyness. 

Mind that is deluded, sees a reality where there is seperation. You and me. Duality. And ego is born. Identity is born. 

Perception of reality will determine your identity. 

Maybe that's a decent elaboration. 

Edited by Salvijus

28 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

But this sounds a bit like distraction topic to me. 

I'd rather see what Maddie has to say about my transappearance insight. 

I feel like I have already addressed this issue several times and you keep asking the same question. If calling it transapperance makes you happy then I guess call it transapperance. Granted Transapperance sounds like a Vegas stage magician that has a beautiful assistant named Zelda from Hungary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Apech said:

flow

When I was in college, a fellow student gave me a revealing psychological test.  He asked me to imagine a waterfall and then tell him what it looked like.  I imagined a dry bed of stone where a waterfall used to be.  Turns out the "waterfall" was a stand-in image for our sex life.  Oops!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

If calling it transapperance makes you happy then I guess call it transapperance.

He he :)

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

What is a transappearance?  

Answer: Maddie sharing a selfie.

Hey look a squirl ...... 

• Haha 1

Okay I think this was pretty cool 😎 I'm out for now. Not that you guys going to miss me lol. But tcare anyways :D

8 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

When I was in college, a fellow student gave me a revealing psychological test.  He asked me to imagine a waterfall and then tell him what it looked like.  I imagined a dry bed of stone where a waterfall used to be.  Turns out the "waterfall" was a stand-in image for our sex life.  Oops!

So the first thing that popped into my head before I saw the punch line was a huge gushing waterfall like Niagra Falls.... so...... 

• Haha 1

What do you call it when a transwoman buys a dress?

Answer: a financial transaction

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What do you call a transgender blogger?

Answer: a transcribe

..............................................................................................

Why is it always such a mystical experience when a transgender person goes to the post office?

Answer:  it´s an act of trans - SEND - ance.

OK...I better stop....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

What do you call it when a transwoman buys a dress?

Answer: a financial transaction

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What do you call a transgender blogger?

Answer: a transcribe

..............................................................................................

Why is it always such a mystical experience when a transgender person goes to the post office?

Answer:  it´s an act of trans - SEND - ance.

OK...I better stop....

Sometimes I tell my patients (at least the ones I let know) about some of my experiences with transitioning, and meditation, and life in general and many of them tell me "you should write a book" so I decided if I do I'll call it "Trans Zen Dance" lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Maddie said:

Sometimes I tell my patients (at least the ones I let know) about some of my experiences with transitioning, and meditation, and life in general and many of them tell me "you should write a book" so I decided if I do I'll call it "Trans Zen Dance" lol

That´s brilliant.  :wub:  You should definitely do it!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

The old testament of the bible says.

"A man lying with a man as a woman is an abomination."

"Eating shellfish (crab & lobster) is an abomination."

"Eating that which has a cloven hoof and chews the cud (pork) is an abomination."

A PIG  chews its cud  ?????   

:D 

The Bible says  ruminants (cud chewers) are NOT kosh ! ?    :huh:

You be makin stuff up now ! 

Oh wait, I get it ;

Pigs chew cud, Jews not allowed to eat beef and trans go to hell .... got it .

Most christians are A OK with 2/3 abominations apparently.

There are abominations and then there are   a b o m i n a t i o n s.

Or however they rationalize it.

Maybe they flip a coin to decide which abominations are legit.

Coin flippers shall go to hell ! 

9 hours ago, Maddie said:

One side effect of transitioning that I'm not so keen about is that I used to be strong. Used to be lol.

IMG20240507143542~2.jpg

OK. But why did you hold a handful of  Chinese black sauce up and then let it drip on your uniform ?   :unsure:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Maddie said:

I think that's why this topic tends to be so triggering for people, because it challenges the concept of our own identity and what do we cling to more then being or existence? According to the Buddha clinging to existence is the reason that we reincarnate.

That one flummoxed me  - am I reading it right ? 

1. Stating that identity  and being / existence  are congruent   -  rhetorical question

2.  or asking  what we cling to more than identity  aside from ( clinging to ) being / existence .   - real question .

For me , my 'current identity'   and my being /existence are two very different things .

It's called transgender not trans species LOL 😂

Yeah .... them guys be called 'furries'     :) 

image.png.8b89bf091b3ace40a6506f87432dacb3.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Salvijus said:

So what the difference of changing your appearance thrrough clothing versus changing your appearance through medical intervention? 

One involves a thrift shop and the other involves an operating theatre .

If I might try to unravel this 'miscommunication '   :

Are you assuming the change has been already made in consciousness and internally, as  ; I identify as a woman , but I am in a man's body , so I will change my appearance on the outside  to conform with my internal  state ?  - trans appearance

And is Maddie assuming  (  your meaning )   wrongly in that she thinks  you mean    ; you where a man   and you only changed your outward appearance so therefore it is trans appearency ?

is  Salvijus  giving Maddie more 'cred' than she realises  ... or is he not just getting it ?

or am I not getting it  ?  

( I thought I was until that lemon tree business   )

• Like 1

Why don't you go about your day dressed up as a woman?

Ummmm ... maybe he does not want to change his  appearance  ? 

this is getting pretty 'obscure'  now .

21 minutes ago, Nungali said:

That one flummoxed me  - am I reading it right ? 

1. Stating that identity  and being / existence  are congruent   -  rhetorical question

2.  or asking  what we cling to more than identity  aside from ( clinging to ) being / existence .   - real question .

For me , my 'current identity'   and my being /existence are two very different things .

According to the Buddha clinging to identity (the five aggregates) and clinging to existence (12 links of dependent arising) are related to each other and proliferate each other. While not being exactly the same thing, are quite related. 

8 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Male to female transappearance is when a person whose deep down sense of themselves is male appears as a woman.

Male to female transgenderism is when a person whose deep down sense of themselves is female -- despite being born with male anatomy -- appears as a woman.

Arrrghhh !

Just when I thought I had t worked out !

What about this :

Male to female transappearance is when a person whose deep down sense of themselves is male appears as a woman.

(I'd call that ' guys at a bucks night )

Male to female transgenderism is when a person whose deep down sense of themselves is female -- despite being born with male anatomy -- appears as a woman.

( This appears to be Maddie's and your definition  )

What I am suggesting (If I aint giving S. too much credit )

Male to female transappearence  is when a person whose deep down sense of themselves is female -- despite being born with male anatomy -- trans / changes their  (wrong, to them )  appearance  on the outside , to go along with what they feel / identify with on the inside , but specifically regarding  appearance ( and function ? )  of physical gender .

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Arrrghhh !

Just when I thought I had t worked out !

What about this :

(I'd call that ' guys at a bucks night )

( This appears to be Maddie's and your definition  )

What I am suggesting (If I aint giving S. too much credit )

Male to female transappearence  is when a person whose deep down sense of themselves is female -- despite being born with male anatomy -- trans / changes their  (wrong, to them )  appearance  on the outside , to go along with what they feel / identify with on the inside , but specifically regarding  appearance ( and function ? )  of physical gender .

Yes I think we are all on the same page

• Like 1