Maddie

Transgender Q&A

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Holding grudges would be ego. Forgiveness would be the truth. And I sayed, I wasn't going to hold grudges and let these things go. But you're right. It is the ego that gets hurt. The important part is to forgive and move beyond it. 

I would add read less Eckhart Tole and pop spirituality on what the ego is 😁

Edited by snowymountains
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

It's the ego ! 😁

Impossible as he has transcended ego 🤭

Edited by Maddie

Posted (edited)

I see... A bit sad. But I take from your responses that you guys would rather stay on bad terms.  Okay. If you so desire have it your way. 

I'm leaving this. Tcare

Edited by Salvijus

2 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Impossible as he has transcended ego 🤭

It's a lie after all we've been conditioned to believe 😁

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My ego wants to kick some people in the nards now and then, but I usually tell my ego "no ego lets not do that, if you're good when we get home I'll give you a cookie :-)" and then my ego is like "I really wanted to kick that person in the nards, but oh boy I do like cookies" 🍪🤤🩷

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Maddie said:

My ego wants to kick some people in the nards now and then, but I usually tell my ego "no ego lets not do that, if you're good when we get home I'll give you a cookie :-)" and then my ego is like "I really wanted to kick that person in the nards, but oh boy I do like cookies" 

Nah, just kick em ! 😁

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

Nah, just kick em ! 😁

Oh I do that too. Shall we play a bit of Where's Waldo? or in this case mischievous Maddie. 

Screenshot_2024-03-20-10-10-44-84_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

Oh I do that too. Shall we play a bit of Where's Waldo? or in this case mischievous Maddie. 

Screenshot_2024-03-20-10-10-44-84_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Ok, armbar them then ! 

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2024 at 12:06 PM, snowymountains said:

The chart is for the public healthcare system though and can only be compared to waiting times in the public healthcare system, as the times may reflect overall waiting times for public healthcare in Netherlands.

The 1 month waiting list I referred to was an approximate number for private practices btw, some will be fully booked, those that aren't typically will be able to offer some slots within a month.

Multiple disorders are difficult because they need a therapist who has experience in all of them, and this is indeed difficult to find, especially if they are from different clusters.

I can't know if the cases you have in mind do it for the buck, but if someone does not have experience in a disorder, the responsible thing to do is to refer to another professional who does. Doing otherwise will be harmful for the client.

Like to thank snowymountains for the education, regarding modern therapy.  

I, like Taomeow and blue eyed snake, largely see Western medical science as only useful in cases requiring intervention.  Chronic conditions appear to be largely beyond the capacity of Western medicine to treat effectively, although that may be changing with the new genetic science.  The medical/pharceutical complex is real, and chronic conditions where a new medication must be taken for life are where the private research money goes.

I've written about Dr. John Lee.  One thing he commented on was the way that people put their faith in their doctors, in our society.   He likened it to people in primitive cultures putting their faith in the witch doctor.  A person might well die, if their witch doctor put a curse on them, and the same is true for Westerners and Western medicos.

Another thing I've read.  About 10% of Western medicos have reliable medical intuition and use it.  They are witch doctors with a Western education, you could say.  They have to be careful, not to get outed.

I think I believe that.  I've also read that the best intuition is the best-educated intuition, so I try to study up before I hit the ouija board.  ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Foote said:

Like to thank snowymountains for the education, regarding modern therapy.  

I, like Taomeow and blue eyed snake, largely see Western medical science as only useful in cases requiring intervention.  Chronic conditions appear to be largely beyond the capacity of Western medicine to treat effectively, although that may be changing with the new genetic science.  The medical/pharceutical complex is real, and chronic conditions where a new medication must be taken for life are where the private research money goes.

I've written about Dr. John Lee.  One thing he commented on was the way that people put their faith in their doctors, in our society.   He likened it to people in primitive cultures putting their faith in the witch doctor.  A person might well die, if their witch doctor put a curse on them, and the same is true for Westerners and Western medicos.

Another thing I've read.  About 10% of Western medicos have reliable medical intuition and use it.  They are witch doctors with a Western education, you could say.  They have to be careful, not to get outed.

I think I believe that.  I've also read that the best intuition is the best-educated intuition, so I try to study up before I hit the ouija board.  ;)

There is an over prescription problem ( including disorders ) and it doesn't treat everything.

There's no denying to that.

But I'm also thankful I have my doctor and not a witch doctor from 100000 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think there is a place for both modern Western medicine and TCM and other natural modalities. As a practitioner of TCM obviously I love what I do and think its great for a great number of things, but I am glad we have modern medicine as well, especially in the cases of trauma. Most of my professors were from China or Taiwan and they didn't have the divide like we do here. They would just learn modern Western medicine and TCM simultaneously. It's good to have lots of tools in one's toolbox. 

• Like 4

On 4/15/2024 at 12:01 PM, blue eyed snake said:

For people born female a lack of estrogen will have severe repercussions on the body, we see that with women after menopause and the effects are not nice, to put it mildly. Think here connective tissue loosing strength and connectivity, organs prolapsing, teeth loose, joints hurting, plus of course osteoporosis.

The body produces estrogen from fat cells, so there is still estrogen in a woman's body after menopause.  Not as much, granted.

What there is not, is progesterone.  Many of the effects you mentioned are the lack of progesterone, particularly the onset of osteoporosis.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 12:38 PM, Maddie said:

The right totally manipulates Christians into voting for them. This is why the evangelicals act like Trump of all people is the second coming of Christ lol. 

It's complicated.  There was a study done on why poor people living on welfare in the USA would vote for politicians who declared flat-out that they were going to end those welfare benefits.

The answer turned out to be the fear in those same poor people of becoming the racial minority in their state, and the politicians who promised to cut off welfare were also the politicians who promised to keep down the minority.

I guess I can understand the fear that's at work there.  Just look at what the racial majority did to the racial minority in some states, and you can see why the majority would fear becoming the minority! 

Edited by Mark Foote

In case anyone is interested there is a weekly live Trans call in show. It's currently live.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I see... A bit sad. But I take from your responses that you guys would rather stay on bad terms.  Okay. If you so desire have it your way. 

I'm leaving this. Tcare

I'm disappointed too.  Shame as I said before.  Maybe you are a troll - I don't know - because I avoid psychoanalysing posters on here that I don't know very well.  But even if you are you can ask questions and be answered.  Why not?

58 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

Can't be yours due to enlightenment vanquishing it 😁

At last the truth.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Maddie said:

My ego wants to kick some people in the nards now and then, but I usually tell my ego "no ego lets not do that, if you're good when we get home I'll give you a cookie :-)" and then my ego is like "I really wanted to kick that person in the nards, but oh boy I do like cookies" 🍪🤤🩷

fake it till you make it

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2024 at 1:39 PM, Salvijus said:

So if we all contain many incarnations of male lives and many incarnations of female lives. Why be fixated on changing the shape of your body? How is that supposed to make you feel better. Or make you feel more "real you"? 

Btw, I'm not trying to condemn any group of people. 

Salvijus--keep this in mind:

Being intersex is a naturally occurring variation in humans, and it isn’t a medical problem — therefore, medical interventions (like surgeries or hormone therapy) on children usually aren’t medically necessary. Being intersex is also more common than most people realize. It’s hard to know exactly how many people are intersex, but estimates suggest that about 1-2 in 100 people born in the U.S. are intersex.

There are many different ways someone can be intersex. Some intersex people have genitals or internal sex organs that fall outside the male/female categories — such as a person with both ovarian and testicular tissues. Other intersex people have combinations of chromosomes that are different than XY ( usually associated with male) and XX (usually associated with female), like XXY. And some people are born with external genitals that fall into the typical male/female categories, but their internal organs or hormones don’t.

(https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/gender-identity/sex-gender-identity/whats-intersex)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 2:55 PM, Salvijus said:

I think you've put yourself in a very complicated and unpleasant position where you have to deny the existence of anything beyond the body, like chi, astral body etc. In order to justify the act of Transgenderism. Because the existence of these things would make you deeply question the validity of trans phylosophy. 

I've picked up on that vibe before. Of that subtle effort to disprove all things spiritual in the name of genuine skeptism but actually it was just clever defense mechanism to justify being Trans. I did not know how to articulate or point it out then. It's quite a mess. 

In case anyone is wondering why I am claiming that Salvijus is a troll, I do so based on multiple statements of which this is just one example of many.

1. First he has implied that transgenderism is something that needs to be justified. Being trans is an existence. As soon as someone challenges the validity of someone's existence there is a problem there. 

2. Second he implied that "trans philosophy" (what ever that means) is not valid. First of all it is not a philosophy, again it is an existence. Secondly it is valid and to challenge that it is, is one of many reasons I believe him to be a troll. 

I'm all for answering legitimate questions, but trolls do not ask legitimate questions. They make statements disguised as questions to undermine the person they are trolling's position or point.   

*edit: Another reason that I believe him to be a troll is because then told that what he said is offensive, instead of apologizing he resorts to gaslighting and putting the burden of offense upon the person offended.  

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Maddie said:

In case anyone is wondering why I am claiming that Salvijus is a troll, I do so based on multiple statements of which this is just one example of many.

1. First he has implied that transgenderism is something that needs to be justified. Being trans is an existence. As soon as someone challenges the validity of someone's existence there is a problem there. 

2. Second he implied that "trans philosophy" (what ever that means) is not valid. First of all it is not a philosophy, again it is an existence. Secondly it is valid and to challenge that it is, is one of many reasons I believe him to be a troll. 

I'm all for answering legitimate questions, but trolls do not ask legitimate questions. They make statements disguised as questions to undermine the person they are trolling's position or point.   

Just holding opinions or views doesn't make you a troll.  To be a troll you have to present those arguments with a deliberate intent to cause a certain reaction or to mess with the person they are addressing.  So if he actually thinks the ideas he expressed he is not a troll, he might be wrong and confused - in which case a q&a like this would be the very place to put him right.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

Just holding opinions or views doesn't make you a troll.  To be a troll you have to present those arguments with a deliberate intent to cause a certain reaction or to mess with the person they are addressing.  So if he actually thinks the ideas he expressed he is not a troll, he might be wrong and confused - in which case a q&a like this would be the very place to put him right.  

It's not the fact that he was making transphobic statements (he didn't really ask questions) that tipped me off that he was a troll. It was the gaslighting once it was pointed out that what he said was offensive. This is a distinguishing characteristic of a troll. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 3:56 PM, Salvijus said:

To get offended you first need to take things personally. That's the definition of egoic reaction, versus being a neutral impersonal awareness. Your true self. 

This type of gaslighting is stereotypical troll behavior. 

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

This type of gaslighting is stereotypical troll behavior. 

I think you need to think this through a bit more.  In any case I'm not going to post anymore in this thread so just ignore me if you want.  Best wishes to you and all.

• Wow 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Apech said:

I'm disappointed too.  Shame as I said before.  Maybe you are a troll - I don't know - because I avoid psychoanalysing posters on here that I don't know very well.  But even if you are you can ask questions and be answered.  Why not?

Maybe I´ve watched too many crime shows on Netflix, but the analogy that comes to my mind here is jury selection.  My understanding is that, at least in the US, both the defence and the prosecution in a criminal trial are allowed to get rid of a certain number of potential jurors without cause.  The way I see it, Maddie used one of her free strikes to eliminate Salvijus.  It doesn´t matter whether Salvijus is a troll or not -- he is stricken.  

Actually, I think Maddie´s been remarkably judicious with her strikes.  We´re 15 pages in and only one down.  Given the controversial nature of the topic, and given the fact that Maddie is not a paid trans consultant, that´s pretty darn amazing.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1