Maddie

Transgender Q&A

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Thank you for doing this, I think it is a good inisitive. I try to be open minded, but to be completly honest «born in wrong body,» is something I can not understand, since it is so foreign to me. Nothing wrong with that of course, and I do not doubt that it is genuine.

That's why I made this thread. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NaturaNaturans said:

question: do you think western cultures are deeply more dual in their views on gender then certain others? Thai would be a great example here.

Absolutely because Western cultures are shaped by Abrahamic religions which tend to operate on absolence and extremes.

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I'm starting to think you're trolling me. I'm not going to talk to you anymore.

Talk about projection eh.. Okay suit yourself. 

Good luck to you 🙏

Edited by Salvijus

2 hours ago, Maddie said:

I'm starting to think you're trolling me. I'm not going to talk to you anymore.

This is a shame.

11 minutes ago, Apech said:

This is a shame.

Salvijus made a big show of just wanting to explore the issues but, to my ear, it was just that -- a show.  Underneath the just-asking-questions persona there was considerable hostility.  I could be wrong, of course, but this is how I read him.  I´m glad we´re done with that thread of the conversation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Salvijus made a big show of just wanting to explore the issues but, to my ear, it was just that -- a show.  Underneath the just-asking-questions persona there was considerable hostility.  I could be wrong, of course, but this is how I read him.  I´m glad we´re done with that thread of the conversation.

This is a q&a thread so I think that goes with the territory.

14 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

That's exactly what was going on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Apech said:

This is a q&a thread so I think that goes with the territory.

There's a big difference between questions and answers and trolling somebody. I think those of us that are lgbtq+ can understand the difference between sincere questions and trolling pretty quickly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Maddie said:

There's a big difference between questions and answers and trolling somebody. I think those of us that are lgbtq+ can understand the difference between sincere questions and trolling pretty quickly.

I’m more drole than troll 🧌 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Actually if we are going to be doing a trans Q&A I think talking about the topic of trolls is a pretty relevant one. It is actually very common for trans people to get trolled. What the trolls do is often they will try to appear to be asking legitimate questions but the intent is malicious. One way to tell is that no matter how many questions you answer they keep pressing their point to under mind you. They very often open statements with phrases like "I don't mean to be offensive" and the proceed to be offensive. It's not really that difficult to distinguish people that are genuine from trolls. They will also often ask non-questions, like "why do you think being trans is a real thing" or something to that effect. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think you showed admirable restraint and patience Maddie.

Were sean active at this time said troll would have been gone by his third post in the thread...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I think you showed admirable restraint and patience Maddie.

Well thank you! :-). That is a great compliment. I am of the opinion of don't tell me how much you have cultivated, rather show me. 

• Like 2

I agree with silent thunder about the restraint.  This is a difficult topic and I think you´ve navigated through it skillfully.  I´ve expressed views which, in my own opinion, don´t align with mainstream trans views and you´ve been remarkably tolerant.  Not everyone would have been so it´s much appreciated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I agree with silent thunder about the restraint.  This is a difficult topic and I think you´ve navigated through it skillfully.  I´ve expressed views which, in my own opinion, don´t align with mainstream trans views and you´ve been remarkably tolerant.  Not everyone would have been so it´s much appreciated.

That is because it's obvious you ask questions because you want to know and you're coming from a good place. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maddie said:

Actually if we are going to be doing a trans Q&A I think talking about the topic of trolls is a pretty relevant one. It is actually very common for trans people to get trolled. What the trolls do is often they will try to appear to be asking legitimate questions but the intent is malicious. One way to tell is that no matter how many questions you answer they keep pressing their point to under mind you. They very often open statements with phrases like "I don't mean to be offensive" and the proceed to be offensive. It's not really that difficult to distinguish people that are genuine from trolls. They will also often ask non-questions, like "why do you think being trans is a real thing" or something to that effect. 

yes, seen one troll seen them all.

But mostly it was a good thread I think, i learned some things and that was nice.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

yes, seen one troll seen them all.

But mostly it was a good thread I think, i learned some things and that was nice.

I think exactly zero people were surprised there was a troll in a thread like this lol. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I bet it gives you a lot of joy to gather together with the same despise for a 'troll'. So that you all get to be right in your little glee club. 

Haha. Classic ego behavior. So lame. 

Edited by Salvijus

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I bet it gives you a lot of joy to gather together with the same despise for a 'troll'. So that you all get to be right in your little glee club. 

Haha. Classic ego behavior. So lame. 

Quite the opposite.

It's disheartening, exhausting and frankly sad to encounter such attitudes, assumptions and projection from such obvious lack of experience on a to topic of social importance.

Combined with staunch unwillingness to listen and potentially expand experience is the reason for my push back on your presence in this conversation.

A timely exit would be wise, but equally unanticipated.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Quite the opposite

No no. Calling me names and then creating a small glee club to roast me. That was done out of ego. That was low. 

And for the record, if you go back and read everything I wrote here. Not a single comment I made on any group of people, condemning them or saying they are wrong. Barely did even get to asked a question before I got called, confused, bigoted, offencive, troll, projector, hostile, basically an idiot etc. While I barely asked a question lol. But okay. I'm not gonna hold any grudges. I would love to leave this convo without hard feelings. I would appreciate the same from you guys. But if you don't want to it's okay aswell. 🙏 

Edited by Salvijus

3 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

It's the ego ! 😁

Holding grudges would be ego. Forgiveness would be the truth. And I sayed, I wasn't going to hold grudges and let these things go. But you're right. It is the ego that gets hurt. The important part is to forgive and move beyond it. 

6 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

It's the ego ! 😁

Whose? Yours?

• Thanks 1