roamthevoid

Alchemical Herbs

I've heard from a certain teacher that there are alchemical herbs that can replenish the Jing and therefore assist one's cultivation.

I'd be interested to know what they are or where I can find more info.

15 minutes ago, roamthevoid said:

I've heard from a certain teacher that there are alchemical herbs that can replenish the Jing and therefore assist one's cultivation.

"Liu Wei Di Huang Wan" is a good yin, blood, and essence formula. So is "He Shou Wu"

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roamthevoid said:

Go to a TCM clinic and ask the guy there 

48 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

I am the guy at the TCM clinic lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

I'm not talking about TCM herbs, the teacher specifically said the alchemical herbs are not TCM herbs. TCM herbs can get one to be healthy, but alchemical herbs can get one beyond healthy, and they are rare. LiuWeiDiHuangWan is the opposite of rare (I've had many bottles of it in the past, and HeShouWu can damage the liver).

I've visited many TCM doctors. All except one were clueless and incompetent.

Edited by roamthevoid

Posted (edited)

Well traditionally Cinnabar was used for alchemy, but its toxic so not a good idea.  

There is a difference between knowing about something and recommending something. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, roamthevoid said:

I'm not talking about TCM herbs, the teacher specifically said the alchemical herbs are not TCM herbs. TCM herbs can get one to be healthy, but alchemical herbs can get one beyond healthy, and they are rare. LiuWeiDiHuangWan is the opposite of rare (I've had many bottles of it in the past, and HeShouWu can damage the liver).

What qualifies you to make this statement? What are your credentials? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Forestgreen said:

Teacher say, teacher loose income?

Who pays a teacher not to teach? lol

• Haha 2

My understanding is similar to silent thunders. The subtle anatomy and associated practices of alchemy has some marked differences from TCM though there are similarities. While I haven’t ingested alchemical herbs  I know people who have and their effects can be quite strong. I guess it’s analogous to qi gong. You can practice qi gong at the level of health (more like TCM) or you can use qi gong to change the body(s) to support a spiritual practice. The latter is a lot more intense(much more than just waving your hands around). In terms of channels, some of the names might be similar (like the du) but size might dramatically change (become the width of your back or more) in alchemical applications of practice. I’ve found TCM herbs helpful from a medical perspective in my martial arts practices but my understanding is that it’s not the same thing. Because of common use of terms (and propensity for secrecy) a lot of confusion is created between TCM and alchemical/spiritual based approaches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maddie said:

Who pays a teacher not to teach? lol

This reminds me of an old saying.

"if you loan someone $100 and never see them again... it was money well spent."

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, roamthevoid said:

Ask your teacher then since he knows better

21 hours ago, silent thunder said:

This reminds me of an old saying.

"if you loan someone $100 and never see them again... it was money well spent."

:lol:

Das Bums life lessons! 
Amazing! :D

• Haha 1

I know you said herbs, but I heard in an Alchemist YouTube vid from Sarah Elkhady that minerals are helpful. 

• Like 1

There are many herbs that are attributed to longevity , that's the easy part .

The difficult part is getting the 'spirit'  ( and 'non -material' ) part out of them and  into a substance one can take ( and one , like this transference substance,  must be able to absorb it , not just into their body but into their spirit )  . 

• Thanks 1

On 12-3-2024 at 6:11 PM, roamthevoid said:

when I still regularly trained a the dojo we were sometimes offered "tea"

I have no idea what was in it but its effect, as far as I was able to discern it, was to be helpful opening up the central channel ( and probably more that I was not aware of.)

Once someone asked " what's in it and where to buy?" and answer he got sums up as: will not tell you.

It was potent stuff, after the first time I generally asked for only half of the usual amount. I would not want to use it without guidance.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dedicated said:

I know you said herbs, but I heard in an Alchemist YouTube vid from Sarah Elkhady that minerals are helpful. 

Absolutely based. 

I find that Zinc is really important.

Edited by The Biggest Nobody
  • Thanks 1

Alchemical herbs are mostly animal parts.  Most are either prohibited for sale, sold illegally (and are prohibitively expensive), falsified, or belonged to animals gone extinct.  (Multiple reports in the imperial Yellow Register Archives of sightings of unicorns, e.g., make me at least consider the possibility that they may have been real before they became mythological.  The rare sightings were considered auspicious omens and the emperor, e.g., would decide whether to start a military campaign or not based on those sightings.  False reports were punishable by death.)        

Some (possibly all) double up as magical substances.  E.g. powdered rhino horn mixed into a candle allows one to see ghosts if they are present.  

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Animal parts are 'herbs'   ?   :blink:

They sure are. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Alchemical herbs are mostly animal parts.  Most are either prohibited for sale, sold illegally (and are prohibitively expensive), falsified, or belonged to animals gone extinct.  (Multiple reports in the imperial Yellow Register Archives of sightings of unicorns, e.g., make me at least consider the possibility that they may have been real before they became mythological.  The rare sightings were considered auspicious omens and the emperor, e.g., would decide whether to start a military campaign or not based on those sightings.  False reports were punishable by death.)        

Some (possibly all) double up as magical substances.  E.g. powdered rhino horn mixed into a candle allows one to see ghosts if they are present.  

Rhino horn is/was a really good Yang/Jing tonic. (not talking about the ethics, just the traditional use) 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Animal parts are 'herbs'   ?   :blink:

Minerals that are used medicinally are also in that category in TCM.  Just the way everything of natural origins they use medicinally is classified.  From the therapeutic point of view it makes no difference -- there's many formulas that contain herbs, animals, insects, and minerals, but the prescribing professional is known as a herbalist (or, as they say here, an herbalist, swallowing the h.)  

• Like 1