Apech

More Unpopular Opinions

Posted (edited)

Yes it's time folks.

1.  The Jing-Qi-Shen-Void vector is descriptive only and not a direction for travel.

2.  Westerners should avoid meditating on mind because their natural inclination is to focus on body.  All instructions like non-conceptual states, no thoughts and so on should be avoided.  Focus on body first and let your thoughts take care of themselves.  The body, correctly viewed is a portal to energy - so work should begin there and then progress to subtle body.  Mind for Westerners is unimportant until later.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Maddie said:

This makes a lot of sense.

Nooooooo supposed to be unpopular!

dammit!

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Apech said:

dammit!

Most opinions that are absolutely correct and valid are wildly unpopular.  Yours here are a good example.  Yet if you wanted people to argue against them, you could choose some more outrageous unpopular opinions. 

Here's a few examples off the top of my head:

Rich and powerful people are edible.

The world belongs to Trisolaris.

The jing-qi-shen sequence is natural and inevitable, and naturally and inevitably ends up in Void whether you speed it up with this or that ridiculous practice or not. If you alchemically reverse the flow, you can avoid the Void.  Taoist alchemy is not about "going with the flow," but about going against the flow.         

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What do you mean by westerners have a natural inclination to focus on the body? Why is that?

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Most opinions that are absolutely correct and valid are wildly unpopular.  Yours here are a good example.  Yet if you wanted people to argue against them, you could choose some more outrageous unpopular opinions. 

Here's a few examples off the top of my head:

Rich and powerful people are edible.      

Sold! :-)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Apech said:

dammit!

oh sorry, I mean that is a bunch of hogwash. ..... How was take two? better? :-D

• Haha 1

If you alchemically reverse the flow, you can avoid the Void.  Taoist alchemy is not about "going with the flow," but about going against the flow.         

Haleluja

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maddie said:

oh sorry, I mean that is a bunch of hogwash. ..... How was take two? better? :-D

The government should introduce a Deschanel Tax to tax people with bangs at a higher rate.

• Haha 4

The world belongs to Trisolaris.

Do you want me to push the deterrence button? :D

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Apech said:

The government should introduce a Deschanel Tax to tax people with bangs at a higher rate.

don't know what you're talking about and that is indeed unpopular 

IMG20240311131709.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maddie said:

don't know what you're talking about and that is indeed unpopular 

IMG20240311131709.jpg

i am sending that to the IRS

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Unota said:

What do you mean by westerners have a natural inclination to focus on the body? Why is that?

This came up in another thread - my observation is that there is a natural tendency in westerners ( mostly Europeans and Americans) to accentuate the phys bod over the mind.  Sometimes reducing mind to mere electrical activity and so on

Edited by Apech
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Elysium said:

Do you want me to push the deterrence button? :D

Yes, Elysium (aka Luo Ji?), go for it.  Eliminate human tyranny!  The world belongs to Trisolaris!  

• Haha 2

3.  IQ is a fake metric.

4.  The most unhealthy diets are vegetarianism and veganism.

• Like 3

People go to internet forums, and assume the loudest voices are the correct ones.

People go on to internet forums, and project that the other people they are interacting with are at the same level of mental health as they are.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Our most unpopular opinions will not appear in this thread because Bums are (rightly?) scared of mob judgement.  Also, some unpopular opinions are sure to cause offense and some of us would rather conceal our opinions than hurt another´s feelings.  Cowardice or compassion?  You decide.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

35 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Our most unpopular opinions will not appear in this thread because Bums are (rightly?) scared of mob judgement.  Also, some unpopular opinions are sure to cause offense and some of us would rather conceal our opinions than hurt another´s feelings.  Cowardice or compassion?  You decide.

I won’t be able to sleep tonight wondering what you think that you dare not say!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Apech said:

I won’t be able to sleep tonight wondering what you think that you dare not say!

Oh, nothing worth losing sleep over, I assure you.  Here´s a sampling.  You know how people argue about when life starts with pro-lifers arguing that it starts at conception and pro-choicers arguing that a fetus is not a human being?  I´m something of an extreme pro-choicer.  I believe life starts at 18.

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I believe life starts at 18.

lemme guess,  drinking age?

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

scared of mob judgement. 

cant put my finger on it but there is a typo somewhere here

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

scared of mob judgement.

2 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

cant put my finger on it but there is a typo somewhere here

Scared of Bob judgement?  Yeah, maybe a little.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 12:42 PM, Taomeow said:

Taoist alchemy is not about "going with the flow," but about going against the flow.         

This has always driven me craaazy! I always  thought, isn't alchemy literally an attempt to go against nature? I like going with the flow. And I like daoism. But not particularly interested in the alchemy part. Which sounds pretty silly, because that's a pretty big part.

Edited by Unota

3 minutes ago, Unota said:

This has always driven me craaazy! I always  thought, isn't alchemy literally an attempt to go against nature? I like going with the flow. And I like daoism. But not particularly interested in the alchemy part. Which sounds pretty silly, because that's a pretty big part.

Why?

Posted (edited)

Why to which part? Why I'm not interested in the alchemy?

I guess that was a wrong way to say it. I am interested in it, I'm fascinated by it and I love to read about it. But I will not try to apply it to myself, because I feel like that is not...really my personal...goal? Before I would ever consider something like spiritual development or enlightenment of any sort...Don't I have to learn to love life first? Wouldn't it just be an escape mechanism? How can I do something like that, if I can not be happy with 'going with the flow?' And if I was happy with it, then I think I would never find reason to do spiritual cultivation in the first place. Is it not contradictory? Maybe I just don't want that.

(I guess that's my controversial opinion!)

Edited by Unota
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1