3 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

I’m not so concerned with immortality or invincibility.

Always a plus not to chase the impossible 😁

5 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Na I’m joking. The goal depends from lineage to lineage, and person to person. Even the methods change too.

I see so it's not like Buddhism where lineages follow different methods but roughly agree on the goals.

It's more a set of different systems then with different practices and even different goals which are nonetheless all placed under umbrella terms "Qigong" and "neigong"

59 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

I see so it's not like Buddhism where lineages follow different methods but roughly agree on the goals.

It's more a set of different systems then with different practices and even different goals which are nonetheless all placed under umbrella terms "Qigong" and "neigong"

Well, some are concerned with physical immortality, some with spiritual immortality, others with leaving the whole rebirth cycle completely. 

You can ask three different lineages the same question and get three different answers. Some can’t even agree with each other on where the real lower dantien is, so the best thing is just try a practice out, if it works for you then good. Do it and don’t concern yourself with other lineages. If it doesn’t work then drop it and try something else. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Well, some are concerned with physical immortality, some with spiritual immortality, others with leaving the whole rebirth cycle completely. 

You can ask three different lineages the same question and get three different answers. Some can’t even agree with each other on where the real lower dantien is, so the best thing is just try a practice out, if it works for you then good. Do it and don’t concern yourself with other lineages. If it doesn’t work then drop it and try something else. 

The ones that are concerned with leaving the whole rebirth cycle, were they developed independently of Buddhism? Or these are lineages which also practice Buddhism?

12 hours ago, snowymountains said:

They must deviate at some point, if anything in terms of goals.

Eg for Theravada the goal is to become an Arahat, one could say the practical goal is stream entry though, to set the bar lower.

For Alchemy what is the goal? Is it only immortality? ( I say "only" because I believe this to be impossible and hence not a goal ).

Are there spiritual goals too ? If so how do the spiritual goals differ eg to stream entry 

12 hours ago, Maddie said:

I thought qigong was to make one healthy and alchemy was to make one like Dragon Ball Z?

Dragon Ball Z is honestly not the best reference to cultivation in comics, life-action movies or web-novels.

The goal of cultivation in those type of medias, beside of revenge or being a hero, is to become a god like God himself (Jehova) and to comprehend the great Tao of every subjects (the Tao of sword, the Tao of balance, the Tao of calligraphy, etc.)

Basically they want to reach the realm of the Xian Immortals and ascend further into a true god.

This sounds silly and childish, but if you think of it as evolving the mortal soul into a celestial soul and then above that rank, it sounds at least a little less delusional and a little bit more about spiritual growth in the sense of ghost, spirits and the occult.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Dragon Ball Z is honestly not the best reference to cultivation in comics, life-action movies or web-novels.

The goal of cultivation in those type of medias, beside of revenge or being a hero, is to become a god like God himself (Jehova) and to comprehend the great Tao of every subjects (the Tao of sword, the Tao of balance, the Tao of calligraphy, etc.)

Basically they want to reach the realm of the Xian Immortals and ascend further into a true god.

This sounds silly and childish, but if you think of it as evolving the mortal soul into a celestial soul and then above that rank, it sounds at least a little less delusional and a little bit more about spiritual growth in the sense of ghost, spirits and the occult.

I wonder if this is possible in real life, to cultivate into godhood, maybe this will make the Yuga cycle turn from Kali Yuga to Satya Yuga..

Though I don't know anything about Hinduism and only came across this in my studies about internal alchemy, I really hope this could work that way.

4 hours ago, snowymountains said:

So, in your take, what are the goals, other than immortality which doesn't exist, and how do the goals differ to the goals of other practices, ie how do they differ to stream entry?

Chi dragon gave his personal interpretation of immortality, good health, more reasonable than a literal interpretation.

Maybe there are other goals which also have reasonable interpretations, I honestly don't know, I practice a different path, curious to hear on the Goku-less goals.

If sincerely inclined, I would suggest you look up @freeform and his prodigious contributions to the board here. 

He's a senior inside student to a long-standing lineage and he's spent an impressive amount of his free time dispelling myths and sharing insights and knowledge he's gained from his decades of dedicated practice. 

So far your contributions here seem antagonistic and full cup, so I'm not inclined to interact with you further.  My only point in quoting you in this instance was not to engage you in conversation, but to shed light on ChiDragon's return to peddle his fundamentalist take as a master; and as a warning to new users who may stray into the board and be unfamiliar with his tendencies and his past here. 

Edited by silent thunder
tagged freeform in case he returns and can address this personally
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, snowymountains said:

So, in your take, what are the goals, other than immortality which doesn't exist

What I want to know is why do so many people think immortality exists when there is absolutely no evidence of this at all?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

No sorry it still sounds delusional. 

20 minutes ago, Maddie said:

What I want to know is why do so many people think immortality exists when there is absolutely no evidence of this at all?

"Big trouble in little China" 😁.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

First of all, just because it doesn't exist on Earth, doesn't mean it does not exist elsewhere out in the universe.

Second of all, fungi and jelly fish can be considered as immortal in the same sense of a Xianxia immortal in novels.

Like your gender. *cough*

Joke aside~, I guess you aren't a religious person.. <_<

We don't prove the non-existence of every possibility, that is not how the burden of proof works. If we are going to accept something as being true, then we have to show that it is true. 

Also I did see your comment about my gender and yes it is transphobic and yes you are going to be reported.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Maddie said:

We don't prove the non-existence of every possibility, that is not how the burden of proof works. If we are going to accept something as being true, then we have to show that it is true. 

Also I did see your comment about my gender and yes it is transphobic and yes you are going to be reported.  

you trigger me, I trigger you b :-*

Just now, Sleepy Bluejay said:

you trigger me, I trigger you b :-*

I'm going to stop you right there. Just because I don't agree with your views on a topic IS IN NO WAY EQUIVILANT about you making my existence into a cheap jab and a joke. I have never made a personal attack against you. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Maddie said:

I'm going to stop you right there. Just because I don't agree with your views on a topic IS IN NO WAY EQUIVILANT about you making my existence into a cheap jab and a joke. I have never made a personal attack against you. 

cry me a river...

personal attack? like saying my religious belief is a delusion?

Beside I'm a big fan of Blaire White, so that transphobia aren't running a mile in your shoes buh~

22 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

First of all, just because it doesn't exist on Earth, doesn't mean it does not exist elsewhere out in the universe.

Second of all, fungi and jelly fish can be considered as immortal in the same sense of a Xianxia immortal in novels.

Lobsters too can technically live forever. They don’t die of old age, they just grow too big for their shell and get squeezed to death from it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Like your gender. *cough*

Joke aside~, I guess you aren't a religious person.. <_<

could you please excuse yourself (look into your heart) and remove that post.

there's no reason to say ( or think) that someones gender  is inherently delusional.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

While waiting for the ban after her report I gotta ask one last question.

Is it okay to cry transphobia when you are being very rude, just to get away with that awful behavior?

like, what is the morality on this forum?

Dude you made a specific comment on her gender, you called it delusional and that's what she called you out for in specific.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Googled.  Transphobic gender doesn't mean transgender?  It is an attitude towards gender but says nothing about the gender itself.

2 hours ago, Maddie said:

well, a whole lotta people believe in a personal god , i would regard that as delusional too but in general I am too polite to mention that. A very good friend of mine is a devout Christian, who am i to think or say that her brand of woowoo is less worthy then my own.

about mortality as it is raising up out of neigung/neidan practice .

I would guess for most it is just wishful thinking from young people. Being a bit older the idea does not hold any attraction, apart from things as creaking joints it would get boring to keep on living in the same body for eons.

1 minute ago, blue eyed snake said:

well, a whole lotta people believe in a personal god , i would regard that as delusional too but in general I am too polite to mention that. A very good friend of mine is a devout Christian, who am i to think or say that her brand of woowoo is less worthy then my own.

about mortality as it is raising up out of neigung/neidan practice .

I would guess for most it is just wishful thinking from young people. Being a bit older the idea does not hold any attraction, apart from things as creaking joints it would get boring to keep on living in the same body for eons.

I thought this was theDaobums, a spiritual forum.

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

So she can trigger everyone scot-free, while I can't trigger her back?

She must be royalty..

What you can and cannot say is determined by laws and the ToS of the site, not for me.

If your question is what I consider fair game, I consider fair game to comment on uninformed views or beliefs, user behaviour but not on inherent characteristics, ie gender.

Which btw is exactly what you did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blue eyed snake said:

Actually all I asked was what reason is there to think that immortality is a real possibility, that's all. 

When someone proclaims something to be true, that is fine, but the burden of proof rests upon that individual to demonstrate why what they believe is true. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

What you can and cannot say is determined by laws and the ToS of the site, not for me.

If your question is what I consider fair game, I consider fair game to comment on uninformed views or beliefs, user behaviour but not on inherent characteristics, ie gender.

Which btw is exactly what you did.

Like I said, she trigger me, I trigger her. Fair

• Sad 1

Just now, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Like I said, she trigger me, I trigger her. Fair

If it needs further spelling out, you're not mocking a view or a post, you're mocking her inherent characteristics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2