1 minute ago, snowymountains said:

If it needs further spelling out, you're not mocking a view or a post, you're mocking her inherent characteristics.

Like she did to me, someone who believes in spiritual stuff.

Yes, my belief is a characteristic.

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Like she did to me, someone who believes in spiritual stuff.

Yes, my belief is a characteristic.

Me thinking that becoming an immortal with super powers seems implausible and that people thinking this is possible without any evidence, being delusional is a reasonable train of thought. It is not a personal attack against anyone. The definition of delusion is to believe something to be real that is not real.

If we can not discuss topics in a safe and academic manner, then there is no room for intelligent discussion at all. To equate someone not believing what you believe with a personal attack that triggers you is not only extremely immature, but is characteristic of narcissism. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Like I said, she trigger me, I trigger her. Fair

This forum is not a war zone.  Just because someone says something that you find offensive, that's no reason to try and hurt them back; we can do so much better than that.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

it is called gender dysphoria for a reason though?

Also I'm gay, a ho-mo-sexual, so I know what entitled breed they can be, *cough* blossom *cough*.

Lets get real for a bit okay, If you call someones religious belief a delusion, then I cannot see how I can't call her out on how fragile she can be about the same thing, Delusion.

hm, you being homosexual you probably know that in  1973 homosexuality  was removed from the DSM-II classification of mental disorders and replaced by the category Sexual Orientation Disturbance. I lived through that time, I remember.

and just as that was not true in those days people who are transgender do not have any form of mental disability or gender dysphoria. There simply trans, like you are simply homosexual.

Spiritual beliefs are not the same as what gender of partners you prefer or what gender you are.

You can not become heterosexual, a trans person can not be a cisperson as these characteristics are inherently part of you.

Calling them "an entitled breed" is no improvement, I remember all too well how gay people were talked about back in the day,

so  stop this.

Religious beliefs on the other hand are open for change, a lot of people change their religious and/or spiritual beliefs in their life. It's no more then ordinary politeness to accept the woowoo of the other in which Maddie was amiss.

when you feel attacked it's better to tell your sparring partner that like: hey, i do not like that you call what I hold most sacred delusional instead of calling said sparring partner names.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

"to believe something to be real that is not real" like you being a woman? man? 

You are right that we cannot have a safe discussion with people like you, you hypocrite.

"extremely immature", "Characteristic of narcissism" is a perfect self-description, don't you think.

You just won't stop will you? I would encourage others to report Sleepy Bluejay for his blatant transphobia here. I will have no further discussion with a hateful bigot such as yourself.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

She was being an asshole, so I'm gonna do just the same thing to her.

She is a full ass grown person and doesn't need everyone to cuddle her like she is some type of royalty.

Her rude remark is just disrespectful as mine and she should learn that saying rude remarks can hurt, which is why I gave her a taste of her own medicine!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Maddie said:

You just won't stop will you? I would encourage others to report Sleepy Bluejay for his blatant transphobia here. I will have no further discussion with a hateful bigot such as yourself.  

Do report me and ban me, you people are hopeless and cannot see your own reflection.

Also me being a bigot? seriously? Why don't you just stay hidden behind your "crying transphobia when people call you out on your BS" tactic.

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay

1 minute ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

rat tails doesn't suit you

Why are you doing this ? Does it give you pleasure to get under people's skin?

You're not making a point here, you're trying to upset someone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a Daoism / et all forum, comments should be about those topics only.  If you feel triggered or attacked, call out that comment or report it, do not attack people's gender(, race, orientation, etc).  None of those qualities have anything to do with what this forum is about, and as you can see, those are qualities participants of this forum want protected (as they should be).  Also we have rules specifically that protect participants from attacks on gender.

Let's keep this place about Daoism, Buddhism, and all the wonderful religions and practices we have out there.  I think we can all agree that we're all striving to be better people through our various practices and cultivate ourselves to the highest degree.  To attain this, we must overcome the barriers of hate and prejudice or else we will always be stuck in our acquired minds and never reach the levels of cultivation we are here to achieve.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, snowymountains said:

Why are you doing this ? Does it give you pleasure to get under people's skin?

You're not making a point here, you're trying to upset someone.

So the B doesn't like me upsetting her, but she does that to people that she doesn't agree with? funny.

6 minutes ago, Jenn said:

This is a Daoism / et all forum, comments should be about those topics only.  If you feel triggered or attacked, call out that comment or report it, do not attack people's gender(, race, orientation, etc).  None of those qualities have anything to do with what this forum is about, and as you can see, those are qualities participants of this forum want protected (as they should be).  Also we have rules specifically that protect participants from attacks on gender.

Let's keep this place about Daoism, Buddhism, and all the wonderful religions and practices we have out there.  I think we can all agree that we're all striving to be better people through our various practices and cultivate ourselves to the highest degree.  To attain this, we must overcome the barriers of hate and prejudice or else we will always be stuck in our acquired minds and never reach the levels of cultivation we are here to achieve.  

The only thing I'm doing is calling her out for her rude remark, in a different perspective, so that she can understand how hurtful such remarks can be.

And now the whole ass community is ganging up against me for pointing it out. Is she a toddler that needs you to defend her 24/7? or is she a 40 + years old grown ass adult?

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay

All discord leads to karma, and the worst part of it is guilt. When you are at the peak of egoistic feelings, you get blind to Love. Being blind, you can’t see that other people’s opinions are as legitimate and sincere as yours, and that they wish achieving success in the mystical path just like you do. All people are doing their best; no one wants the worst for themselves. The best thing is to retire and give it a break. Soon you’ll notice there’s no need for all that disagreement.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Actually all I asked was what reason is there to think that immortality is a real possibility, that's all. 

When someone proclaims something to be true, that is fine, but the burden of proof rests upon that individual to demonstrate why what they believe is true. 

I have not read enough but i think  in the old Chinese scriptures immortality gets mentioned as either an outcome or a goal. 

I've set the first steps on the path of cultivation and some things then happen that beforehand were deemed quite impossible. From those first steps I guess it's not a goal, but an outcome of decades of practice. 

I do not know what exactly was meant by  immortality, just as with other old scriptures it seems quite impossible to really understand what was meant thousands of years ago in a different culture.

• Like 2

Just now, blue eyed snake said:

I've set the first steps on the path of cultivation and some things then happen that beforehand were deemed quite impossible.

I'm curious if you don't mind sharing what happened?

1 minute ago, Keith108 said:

The crappy hateful comment deserved to be called out, but after a while, maybe a little noble silence is better. 

A useful parable

Hello Keith, welcome (I saw you in the new comers area) sorry you had to walk into that. 

Just now, Sleepy Bluejay said:

She started it, she ends it.

What can I do to make you feel better then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

What can I do to make you feel better then?

say you are sorry for disrespecting my belief in xian immortals..

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

The only thing I doing is calling her out for her rude remark, in a different perspective, so that she can understand how hurtful such remarks can be.

The appropriate approach in the future is report the comment or explicitly say that the comment crossed a line and that it hurt you rather than lashing out.  Never attack someone's gender, it is not okay in any circumstance.  Had you responded by simply pointing out that you found the original comment offensive or reporting it this post, you would not see this backlash.  Someone threw a fork at you and your responded with a nuke.

Also this is a Daoism forum.  Discussing whether immortality is real or not, is what this forum is for and is an attack on your IDEA not on YOU personally.  An attack on someone's gender is an attack on THEM personally, not their IDEAs.  Personal attacks and prejudice have nothing to do with Daoism or this forum.  

Edited by Jenn
Put immorality instead of immortality
  • Like 4