darkflame

How To Cure Kundalini Psychosis [A Guide]

Let me begin by saying that the only reason I am writing this post is I literally keep being told to do so in my dreams, so there must be some of you that need to see it.

I have a background in Chinese medicine. Not just Chinese medicine but several practices of herbalism including Ayurveda and traditional European.

I have ingested hundreds of herbs over the course of my life, there is not a single energy from plants that is new to me or that I haven’t felt.

In this post I am going to give you a brief summary of how to treat kundalini psychosis using chinese medicine specifically.

When I say “Kundalini Psychosis” I mean this in the broadest sense possible. This post will serve as a treatment plan for any and all psychosis/psychotic states arising from energy work.

So first let me tell you the good news.

Psychosis from energy work is extremely easy to treat, with the right herbs in their proper dosages you can expect complete remission in 3-4 days with relief being felt in the first 48 hours.

Why is this?

Energy work psychosis is not like other traditional psychotic states, this is because it is caused STRICTLY by heat in the body, or ascendant qi/yang.

The more difficult to treat psychotic states that arise naturally in those afflicted almost always include the above issues (Heat, ascendant qi/yang) WITH a very strong presence of phlegm/dampness. You see this in schizo, bipolar, etc.

This is good news because heat is easy to extinguish, qi is easy to descend, but phlegm has a much longer treatment course.

If your psychotic state arises from energy work then it is not caused by phlegm. Phlegm psychosis doesn’t arise suddenly. Whereas ascendant qi/yang and heat does.

You’ll also notice, a lot of the people who enter these pseudopsychotic states via energy work are still able to carry on their day to day lives. Even though they are miserable.

This is because it’s a condition of TRUE heat / ascendant energy. Not consciousness obstructed by phlegm.

Before I lay out the cure it’s important to note that this post does not serve as a replacement for an in-person Chinese medicine practitioner. But, many of you live in remote areas or are only near bottom of the barrel practitioners. Just like regular doctors, the skill difference between chinese medicine doctors varies drastically and if you get the wrong one you will see more benefit from just following this post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's get into it.

There are 3 predominant patterns that are present in energy work psychosis.

Heat (Of liver or heart)

Ascendant Yang

Ascendant qi

Ascendant yang and ascendant qi are difficult to separate. They are basically the same thing and I will list some medicinals that sink both.

Tcm works with formulas. Not individual herbs. That being said I will give examples of both for each pattern in case only one is available to you.

Liver heat herbs:
Huang Qin
Long Dan Cao

Heart Heat Herbs:
Huang Lian
Lian Xin

Ascendant yang:
Dai Zhe Shi
Long Gu
Mu Li

Ascendant qi herbs:
Dai Zhe Shi

Now for formulas (all numbers represent dosage in grams) (Use an instapot or pressure cooker for easy cooking):

Liver heat formula:
Long Dan Xie Gan Tang

Heart heat formula:
Dao Chi San

Descend yang:
Boil 60 grams of long gu + 30 grams of mu li for 2 hours. Drink over the course of the day. You will feel your consciousness settle back into your body.

Descend qi:
Ben tun tang:
Gan cao 6
Chuan xiong 6

Dang gui 6

Ban xia 12

Huang qin 6

Ge gen 15

Bai shao 6

Shen jiang 3

Sang bai pi 24

The cure all formula that covers all the bases:
Long dan xie gan tang + Dao chi san + 30g mu li + 60g Long gu + 15g Dai Zhe Shi

The above formula should quickly cure just about every case of energy work psychosis that you come across.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind. These formulas are a short term strategy. They are very cold, and very descending.

If you find yourself prone to pseudopsychotic states like this it’s almost certain that you are also yin and blood deficient.

When your symptoms subside you should seek out a tcm practitioner and get on formulas to address your underlying deficiencies.

I drafted this post up very quickly, look back in the future for edits.

• Like 1

Just to add an interesting article I read last year about someone who had a kundalini event and treated it.

https://medium.com/publishous/my-kundalini-awakening-and-the-seven-years-of-weirdness-and-bs-that-followed-f03e8d705ffa

This is not  from a TCM perspective but it may be relevant to anyone who had a kundalini event and wants to treat it.

Of course the article is merely indicative and anyone who's had this should talk to their doctor, not rely on the article.

You cure nothing like that with herbs.

You actually prevent that by doing this:

And before you are able to do that start by practising all the countless exercises He Jinghan has skilfully designed after 50 years of Ba Gua and Tai Chi practice. 

All readily available on his YouTube channel. 

The name of this 'cure' is called:

GROUNDING. 

On a daily basis as if you brush your teeth. 

Edited by Gerard

On 1/10/2024 at 7:50 PM, darkflame said:

Let me begin by saying that the only reason I am writing this post is I literally keep being told to do so in my dreams, so there must be some of you that need to see it.

I have a background in Chinese medicine. Not just Chinese medicine but several practices of herbalism including Ayurveda and traditional European.

I have ingested hundreds of herbs over the course of my life, there is not a single energy from plants that is new to me or that I haven’t felt.

In this post I am going to give you a brief summary of how to treat kundalini psychosis using chinese medicine specifically.

When I say “Kundalini Psychosis” I mean this in the broadest sense possible. This post will serve as a treatment plan for any and all psychosis/psychotic states arising from energy work.

So first let me tell you the good news.

Psychosis from energy work is extremely easy to treat, with the right herbs in their proper dosages you can expect complete remission in 3-4 days with relief being felt in the first 48 hours.

Why is this?

Energy work psychosis is not like other traditional psychotic states, this is because it is caused STRICTLY by heat in the body, or ascendant qi/yang.

The more difficult to treat psychotic states that arise naturally in those afflicted almost always include the above issues (Heat, ascendant qi/yang) WITH a very strong presence of phlegm/dampness. You see this in schizo, bipolar, etc.

This is good news because heat is easy to extinguish, qi is easy to descend, but phlegm has a much longer treatment course.

If your psychotic state arises from energy work then it is not caused by phlegm. Phlegm psychosis doesn’t arise suddenly. Whereas ascendant qi/yang and heat does.

You’ll also notice, a lot of the people who enter these pseudopsychotic states via energy work are still able to carry on their day to day lives. Even though they are miserable.

This is because it’s a condition of TRUE heat / ascendant energy. Not consciousness obstructed by phlegm.

Before I lay out the cure it’s important to note that this post does not serve as a replacement for an in-person Chinese medicine practitioner. But, many of you live in remote areas or are only near bottom of the barrel practitioners. Just like regular doctors, the skill difference between chinese medicine doctors varies drastically and if you get the wrong one you will see more benefit from just following this post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's get into it.

There are 3 predominant patterns that are present in energy work psychosis.

Heat (Of liver or heart)

Ascendant Yang

Ascendant qi

Ascendant yang and ascendant qi are difficult to separate. They are basically the same thing and I will list some medicinals that sink both.

Tcm works with formulas. Not individual herbs. That being said I will give examples of both for each pattern in case only one is available to you.

Liver heat herbs:
Huang Qin
Long Dan Cao

Heart Heat Herbs:
Huang Lian
Lian Xin

Ascendant yang:
Dai Zhe Shi
Long Gu
Mu Li

Ascendant qi herbs:
Dai Zhe Shi

Now for formulas (all numbers represent dosage in grams) (Use an instapot or pressure cooker for easy cooking):

Liver heat formula:
Long Dan Xie Gan Tang

Heart heat formula:
Dao Chi San

Descend yang:
Boil 60 grams of long gu + 30 grams of mu li for 2 hours. Drink over the course of the day. You will feel your consciousness settle back into your body.

Descend qi:
Ben tun tang:
Gan cao 6
Chuan xiong 6

Dang gui 6

Ban xia 12

Huang qin 6

Ge gen 15

Bai shao 6

Shen jiang 3

Sang bai pi 24

The cure all formula that covers all the bases:
Long dan xie gan tang + Dao chi san + 30g mu li + 60g Long gu + 15g Dai Zhe Shi

The above formula should quickly cure just about every case of energy work psychosis that you come across.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind. These formulas are a short term strategy. They are very cold, and very descending.

If you find yourself prone to pseudopsychotic states like this it’s almost certain that you are also yin and blood deficient.

When your symptoms subside you should seek out a tcm practitioner and get on formulas to address your underlying deficiencies.

I drafted this post up very quickly, look back in the future for edits.

Interesting article and thanks for sharing. I'm also a practitioner of TCM, nice to "meet" you :-). 

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'm a TCM practitioner as well, the formula seems legit and would accomplish this purpose. 

• Like 1

One person I knew very well decided to mix, and blend together multiple systems, and they wound up in a mental hospital, and later killed themselves. 

This sort of thing isn't anything you want to play around with.

If you don't give fire the respect it deserves and you play around with it, you'll be burned alive.

If you are getting Kundalini, or Qigong psychosis, that means you are practicing wrong.

Either the method itself is wrong, or you've changed the method and it's wrong.

The system I follow specially you cannot do MCO, and if your energy begins to naturally move in a MCO, you must stop it or the energy gets stuck in the brain causing psychosis among other problems.

Other fellow students that have tried to blend MCO with our practice have been seriously injured.

This is something beyond what herbs and acupuncture can help with.

• Wow 1

If you are getting Kundalini (....)  that means you are practicing wrong.

hmm, there are quite a lot of people who would regard that as a succes of their training

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

If you are getting Kundalini, or Qigong psychosis, that means you are practicing wrong.

Either the method itself is wrong, or you've changed the method and it's wrong.

Exactly. Couldn’t say it better.

The same goes with Yoga. With its popularization, came its consequent perversion.

I’ve heard that these “power yoga” kinds of practices from the Western world are incredibly dangerous, since they utilize mystical practices for purposes that are not mystical at all, but just physical… supposedly to lose weight, get muscular tonus etc. I know little about it, but i heard personally from an yogi that some practitioners seem to have developed violent behaviour after years of these practices.

6 minutes ago, Apotheose said:

Exactly. Couldn’t say it better.

The same goes with Yoga. With its popularization, came its consequent perversion.

I’ve heard that these “power yoga” kinds of practices from the Western world are incredibly dangerous, since they utilize mystical practices for purposes that are not mystical at all, but just physical… supposedly to lose weight, get muscular tonus etc. I know little about it, but i heard personally from an yogi that some practitioners seem to have developed violent behaviour after years of these practices.

When I began my path, I had no idea that all of these practices could have such drastic negative side effects but they do! I had no idea what I was doing at the beginning and tried a little bit of all sorts of stuff. This did not work well for me as it caused me all sorts of pretty serious problems. These days I am much more cautious and tend to do a lot more purely physical practices like BJJ and Pilates. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

hmm, there are quite a lot of people who would regard that as a succes of their training

why ? it's a genuine question. I honestly see zero benefits to tummo practice.

hm, not sure I am the best person to ask that but will give a try, I've known a guy who has done Kriya yoga for quite a long time with a very qualified teacher, to no avail, he was quite irked :D as he had invested a lot of time and money. But no kundalini for him.

Kundalini is the outcome of esteemed yogapractice and is (or is told to be) liberation from earthly shackles or something like that. 

merriamwebster says it better:

Kundalinī is the feminine form of the Sanskrit adjective meaning "circular" or "coiled." In yoga, the word applies to the life force that lies like a coiled serpent at the base of the spine and that can be sent along the spine to the head through prescribed postures and exercises. On the way, the kundalini passes through six chakras, or points of physical or spiritual energy in the human body. At the seventh chakra, the yogi is said to experience enlightenment.

As far as I understand it: the idea is that energy, kundalini-energy goes up the spine, when that goes smoothly it reaches the top of the skull and then you're experience enlightenment. But with a lot of people that energy get stuck somewhere and then you get ill and/or psychotic like.

not something to play with without a teacher who knows what they do.

But a legit goal with a legit training. There are some bums who know far more of it then I but this is the simple shorthand.

sometimes I see that the small heavenly orbit ( or MCO as it's often called) and kundalini are seen as sort of the same.

Not so sure of that, at least for me the MCO opened up like a rush of cool water were kundalini energy is commonly described as hot/electrical/fiery/burning energy.

so yes, it can be dangerous, but it's not intrinsically wrong or bad.

and many people covet it as they want to be enlightened. I guess that desire was exactly what prevented it from happening with the yearning participant of kriya yoga.

When it happens due to playing around with energy without knowing what you're doing and without help from someone who does know what tot do, I guess its a scary thing to happen leastways we sometimes have people seeking help here when things have gone awry and some of those stories are nasty.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

You actually prevent that by doing this:

And before you are able to do that start by practising all the countless exercises He Jinghan has skilfully designed after 50 years of Ba Gua and Tai Chi practice. 

All readily available on his YouTube channel. 

The name of this 'cure' is called:

GROUNDING. 

On a daily basis as if you brush your teeth. 

That is one of the most beautiful displays of physical mastery I've ever seen.  Straight at it, no distractions.

What, exactly, is he doing.  Possibly:

The rest of the scales (I've been practicing) are looking for a grip where attention takes place in the body, as “one-pointedness” turns and engenders a counter-turn (without losing the freedom of movement of attention); finding ligaments that control reciprocal innervation in the lower body and along the spine through relaxation, and calming the stretch of ligaments; and discovering hands, feet, and teeth together with “one-pointedness" (“bite through here”, as Yuanwu advised; “then we can walk together hand in hand”, as Yuanwu’s teacher Wu Tsu advised). 

If I can find a way to experience gravity in the placement of attention as the source of activity in my posture, and particular ligaments as the source of the reciprocity in that activity, then I have an ease.

The scales of seated meditation, but I think the instructor here is adept at the last one while standing, and the incorporation of a sense of gravity.  He takes it down the spine, and makes gravity do the jumping. 

Good luck duplicating that, without decades of training or talent surpassing mere mortals.

Gerard, can you point me to a video of him just doing the form?

Edited by Mark Foote

11 hours ago, Maddie said:

When I began my path, I had no idea that all of these practices could have such drastic negative side effects but they do! I had no idea what I was doing at the beginning and tried a little bit of all sorts of stuff. This did not work well for me as it caused me all sorts of pretty serious problems. These days I am much more cautious and tend to do a lot more purely physical practices like BJJ and Pilates. 

I am so sorry to hear about these problems you had.

From your posts, it seems that you are very well grounded to reality, as well as very insightful, so I’m sure you found out your Path. :)

In fact, i had the luck to be aware of these risks since early ages. Firstly I heard of the famous cult stories and how people can easily fall for them. A person I knew entered a cult of extraterrestrial beings. Not that I doubt the existence of the extraterrestrial, but in this case they were really worshipping a man in an E.T. costume. It was really sad; it was something that you would think only a naive child would fall for. Then I heard the bad stories about herbs like Ayahuasca, then about “Yoga’s” mispractices, dubious “spirit incorporations”, risks of semen retention with no guidance, and the list goes on… :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apotheose said:

I am so sorry to hear about these problems you had.

From your posts, it seems that you are very well grounded to reality, as well as very insightful, so I’m sure you found out your Path. :)

Thank you. Getting tired of the problems led a much more critical thinking mindset. Plus I was new and you don't know what you don't know LOL. 🤓

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

hm, not sure I am the best person to ask that but will give a try, I've known a guy who has done Kriya yoga for quite a long time with a very qualified teacher, to no avail, he was quite irked :D as he had invested a lot of time and money. But no kundalini for him.

Kundalini is the outcome of esteemed yogapractice and is (or is told to be) liberation from earthly shackles or something like that. 

merriamwebster says it better:

Kundalinī is the feminine form of the Sanskrit adjective meaning "circular" or "coiled." In yoga, the word applies to the life force that lies like a coiled serpent at the base of the spine and that can be sent along the spine to the head through prescribed postures and exercises. On the way, the kundalini passes through six chakras, or points of physical or spiritual energy in the human body. At the seventh chakra, the yogi is said to experience enlightenment.

As far as I understand it: the idea is that energy, kundalini-energy goes up the spine, when that goes smoothly it reaches the top of the skull and then you're experience enlightenment. But with a lot of people that energy get stuck somewhere and then you get ill and/or psychotic like.

not something to play with without a teacher who knows what they do.

But a legit goal with a legit training. There are some bums who know far more of it then I but this is the simple shorthand.

sometimes I see that the small heavenly orbit ( or MCO as it's often called) and kundalini are seen as sort of the same.

Not so sure of that, at least for me the MCO opened up like a rush of cool water were kundalini energy is commonly described as hot/electrical/fiery/burning energy.

so yes, it can be dangerous, but it's not intrinsically wrong or bad.

and many people covet it as they want to be enlightened. I guess that desire was exactly what prevented it from happening with the yearning participant of kriya yoga.

When it happens due to playing around with energy without knowing what you're doing and without help from someone who does know what tot do, I guess its a scary thing to happen leastways we sometimes have people seeking help here when things have gone awry and some of those stories are nasty.

14 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

But why would this be enlightenment.

It's a different neurological state ( see the medium article I linked up ), caused by unknown/not studied physiological responses.

Why would this bear any notion of enlightenment.

Enlightenment ( under any reasonable definition ) will probably have its own neurological states but to me kundalini/tummo sounds exactly like "cart before the horse".

The idea I've heard too is as you describe it but those who described the idea to me didn't seem enlightened nor did anyone who I consider to have reached a level of realisation ever practiced tummo regularly.

So to me it doesn't sound like tummo creates enlightenment. I mean, why would it..

For some people at least though it does seem like it can be dangerous.

Taking a risk for no obvious reward imo is simply not worth it.

• Like 1

firstly Tummo and Kundalini are 2 very different "things"

you could have looked that up.

I think, nobody has asked you to enter a course of Kriya yoga,  if you do not want it thats fine with me. But not a reason to give out judgement about what you have no knowledge of.

Concerning neuroscience, ever enjoyed an optical phenomenon caused by refraction, internal refelction and dispersion of light in waterdroplets resulting in a continuous spectrum of light appearing in the sky.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snowymountains said:

I think the problem with the word "enlightenment" is that it is too ambiguous. It seems to mean something different to everyone. There is the Buddhist definition of course which is quite technical, but to others it means very different things. So I think its important to establish which "enlightenment" we are speaking about when we discuss the topic. 

• Like 1

Over the years I've read kundalini accounts from some Bums who regarded K activation in their lives as a great benefit and others who regarded the same as a nightmare.  As with so many other things, one size does not fit all.

• Like 3

On 15/1/2024 at 2:40 AM, Maddie said:

I'm a TCM practitioner as well, the formula seems legit and would accomplish this purpose. 

it means little, I mean the formula. As a TCM practitioner you should well know that the organs have an specific function and if (as most humans) you reverse that function, herbs and acupuncture will do little to nothing, I'm afraid. It's like patching an old road. The problem keeps coming back. To really repair the road you need to build a new foundation.

For role of the Spleen is ascending. If it descends all the organs will collapse and WE HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM HERE. Damn serious. 

How to make sure Spleen Qi ascends and the Stomach and Liver Qi are descending? 

A: gong fu. Hard work. Ba Gua and Xingyi are top kung fu practices that enable the natural flow of the creative cycle of the Five Forces/Spirits. 

One needs to break bad habits to re-enable the correct flow of the internal organs and they are usually caused by incorrect lifestyle choices; eg. stress, poor eating habits like playing with the computer or the phone while eating food or right after a meal, etc. 

7 hours ago, snowymountains said:

It's a different neurological state ( see the medium article I linked up ), caused by unknown/not studied physiological responses.

Why would this bear any notion of enlightenment.

Enlightenment ( under any reasonable definition ) will probably have its own neurological states but to me kundalini/tummo sounds exactly like "cart before the horse".

The idea I've heard too is as you describe it but those who described the idea to me didn't seem enlightened nor did anyone who I consider to have reached a level of realisation ever practiced tummo regularly.

So to me it doesn't sound like tummo creates enlightenment. I mean, why would it..

For some people at least though it does seem like it can be dangerous.

Taking a risk for no obvious reward imo is simply not worth it.

Tummo is listed as one of the practices Tilopa learned (Wikipedia)--tummo, along with five other practices, learned from various gurus throughout India.  Tilopa was 11th century C. E. (988–1069).

Also from WIkipedia, under "kundalini etymology", I learn:  

The concept of Kuṇḍalinī is mentioned in the Upanishads (9th – 7th centuries BCE). The Sanskrit adjective kuṇḍalin means "circular, annular". It is mentioned as a noun for "snake" (in the sense of "coiled") in the 12th-century Rajatarangini chronicle (I.2). Kuṇḍa (a noun meaning "bowl, water-pot" is found as the name of a Nāga (serpent deity) in Mahabharata 1.4828). The 8th-century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term kundalī, glossed by David Gordon White as "she who is ring-shaped".

The use of kuṇḍalī as a name for Goddess Durga (a form of Shakti) appears often in Tantrism and Shaktism from as early as the 11th century in the Śaradatilaka. It was adopted as a technical term in Hatha yoga during the 15th century, and became widely used in the Yoga Upanishads by the 16th century. Eknath Easwaran has paraphrased the term as "the coiled power", a force which ordinarily rests at the base of the spine, described as being "coiled there like a serpent".

Sounds like not a term used in combination with yoga until the 1400's, a johnny-come-lately in the world of spiritual practices.  Not a practice Tilopa learned in the 11th century, and he studied under many.

Might have to do with:

This study (research by Indahl, A., et al.) established that the ligamento-muscular reflex existed between the sacroiliac joint and muscles that attach to the bones that make up the sacroiliac joint. (The study’s authors) suggested that the sacroiliac joint was a regulator of pelvic and paraspinal muscles and, thereby, influences posture and lumbar segmental stability.

(Serola Biomechanics website summary of Indahl, A., et al., Sacroiliac joint involvement in activation of the porcine spinal and gluteal musculature. Journal of Spinal Disorders, 1999. 12(4): p. 325-30; https://europepmc.org/article/med/10451049
https://www.serola.net/research-category/the-nutation-lesion-2/ligamento-muscular-reflex/)

The ligaments of the sacroiliac joints have to stretch to allow rotation of the sacrum on the pelvis for a natural birth, if I understand correctly.  Implying there are mechanisms controlling the stretch of ligaments between the pelvis and the sacrum that are not employed in the normal routine of daily life, but which can be brought into play out of necessity.  And from the above, affect the pelvic and paraspinal muscles and the whole of posture or carriage.

Edited by Mark Foote

6 hours ago, Maddie said:

I think the problem with the word "enlightenment" is that it is too ambiguous. It seems to mean something different to everyone. There is the Buddhist definition of course which is quite technical, but to others it means very different things. So I think its important to establish which "enlightenment" we are speaking about when we discuss the topic. 

One can define enlightenment in any way they wish, of course. I just can't see how psysiological reactions are a reasonable definition.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Foote said:

Tummo is listed as one of the practices Tilopa learned (Wikipedia)--tummo, along with five other practices, learned from various gurus throughout India.  Tilopa was 11th century C. E. (988–1069).

Also from WIkipedia, under "kundalini etymology", I learn:  

The concept of Kuṇḍalinī is mentioned in the Upanishads (9th – 7th centuries BCE). The Sanskrit adjective kuṇḍalin means "circular, annular". It is mentioned as a noun for "snake" (in the sense of "coiled") in the 12th-century Rajatarangini chronicle (I.2). Kuṇḍa (a noun meaning "bowl, water-pot" is found as the name of a Nāga (serpent deity) in Mahabharata 1.4828). The 8th-century Tantrasadbhava Tantra uses the term kundalī, glossed by David Gordon White as "she who is ring-shaped".

The use of kuṇḍalī as a name for Goddess Durga (a form of Shakti) appears often in Tantrism and Shaktism from as early as the 11th century in the Śaradatilaka. It was adopted as a technical term in Hatha yoga during the 15th century, and became widely used in the Yoga Upanishads by the 16th century. Eknath Easwaran has paraphrased the term as "the coiled power", a force which ordinarily rests at the base of the spine, described as being "coiled there like a serpent".

Sounds like not a term used in combination with yoga until the 1400's, a johnny-come-lately in the world of spiritual practices.  Not a practice Tilopa learned in the 11th century, and he studied under many.

Might have to do with:

This study (research by Indahl, A., et al.) established that the ligamento-muscular reflex existed between the sacroiliac joint and muscles that attach to the bones that make up the sacroiliac joint. (The study’s authors) suggested that the sacroiliac joint was a regulator of pelvic and paraspinal muscles and, thereby, influences posture and lumbar segmental stability.

(Serola Biomechanics website summary of Indahl, A., et al., Sacroiliac joint involvement in activation of the porcine spinal and gluteal musculature. Journal of Spinal Disorders, 1999. 12(4): p. 325-30; https://europepmc.org/article/med/10451049
https://www.serola.net/research-category/the-nutation-lesion-2/ligamento-muscular-reflex/)

The ligaments of the sacroiliac joints have to stretch to allow rotation of the sacrum on the pelvis for a natural birth, if I understand correctly.  Implying there are mechanisms controlling the stretch of ligaments between the pelvis and the sacrum that are not employed in the normal routine of daily life, but which can be brought into play out of necessity.  And from the above, affect the pelvic and paraspinal muscles and the whole of posture or carriage.

This is consistent though with Tilopa using a different naming, he wouldn't had used name which was adopted in the future.

I don't think the psysiological mechanism it activates is known, maybe it's that, maybe it's a different one.

7 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

firstly Tummo and Kundalini are 2 very different "things"

you could have looked that up.

I think, nobody has asked you to enter a course of Kriya yoga,  if you do not want it thats fine with me. But not a reason to give out judgement about what you have no knowledge of.

Concerning neuroscience, ever enjoyed an optical phenomenon caused by refraction, internal refelction and dispersion of light in waterdroplets resulting in a continuous spectrum of light appearing in the sky.

I'm not too sure they are, for sure their side effects don't look that different.

What's being sold as enlightenment instead triggers dangerous psysiological reactions and neurological states that need treatment. If you want to call this judgement, then by all means do, it's fine with me.