Stilltrying

Who or what is the god of this world?

I have done a fair amount of researching different religions and spiritual systems, and I've arrived at somewhat of a dead end.

I'm sort of at a loss of how to proceed further.

Who or what do you think is the god of this world?

What has your experience been?

11 hours ago, Partez said:

Probably this guy. …

Nope, it’s this guy. 

image.jpeg.b31da7f123ab898d3de1a735f9e82b12.jpeg

Edited by Cobie
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Stilltrying said:

I’m devout RC.

Edited by Cobie

3 hours ago, Stilltrying said:

Not clear what is a god and why do you think there is one

• Like 1

The Jade Emperor.  He is in charge of the affairs of this world, but since it's not the only world, he's subordinate to a bigger authority, Yuanshi Tianzun, one of the Three Pure Ones, who are pure manifestations of the tao -- Past, Present, and Future.  

The Jade Emperor, very long lived but unlike his boss not eternal, is a hereditary position.  The current Jade Emperor is the 18th in line, and the name of his successor who will take the reins after him is carved into one of the handles of his throne (the other one bearing his own name.)  There's many other deities collectively known as the tianzun, from major ones like the Jade Emperor's own (rebellious) daughter down to deities entrusted with affairs of particular mountains, rivers, cities, villages, and even kitchens.  Many of them are human in form, others are not.  Many can shapeshift between human, dragon, some other animal, or a force of nature.  Some prefer to maintain their primary shape, as human or monkey king or dragon or fire.       

• Thanks 1

Lets not forget the Soul of the Earth, or the Goddess of the Earth.  If not for Her the earth and all of its lifeforms would not be nurtured or exist here.  (these are far different orders of Beings than humans and they choose to reveal or not reveal themselves)

15 hours ago, Stilltrying said:

When you use the phrase "god of this world" is that coming from a christian background and context?

What does "proceed further" mean to you?  It would be helpful to know what you envision as "good progress".

"Good times, bad times...
You know I've had my share." 

- Led Zeppelin

On 11/5/2023 at 4:58 PM, Stilltrying said:

I have done a fair amount of researching different religions and spiritual systems, and I've arrived at somewhat of a dead end.

Why are you at a dead end?  Have you been dissatisfied with the spiritual explanations offered to you thus far?  If so, why dissatisfied, do you not find them rational explanations? 

You haven't given us a lot to go on here.

• Like 1

Awareness to me seems the central pivot of ultimate stillness and the endless varieties of manifestation and motion.  

So, were I to offer a suggested direction of further exploration or possible refuge...  Awareness would be it.

Anything encountered, imagined or experienced, will be in Awareness. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 5:58 PM, Stilltrying said:

'Old school' research , or did you watch a few youtubes ? if the latter , no wonder you at a dead end .

What do you want out of your efforts ?

A compendium of all the different ideas people have about that . But its qualified by conditioning and experience , for example , I dont seem big on the masculine creator god concept  ... needing a spiritual father and all that .  I migrate more towards old3bob's view above .

With what ?   Choosing one over the other ?   Try looking at like this ; some say, the ancient Egyptian system with its interrelated themes  are  different views of a similar reality , put them together to get the bigger picture ... just like the mythological constellations  tell a great 'one'  story.

The same with the Australian indigenous beliefs , I have NEVER heard one dispute with another , they see them as different viewpoints , making up a greater whole .  That has been affirmed by my teacher , and I have seen it in action , even in a tense situation of two people meeting and you know they are just 'vibrating' on a totally different frequency to each other ;

tense, near angry energy :  ' Who is YOUR God ? "

The other , " Biamae ! "   ...  < glare >   " Who is YOUR God ? "

" Altjira !  "   < glare >

But both gruffly nod to each other as 'acceptable God' ... never once have I heard one say anything like  ... " Altjira ! ?  He is shit , Biamae kick his arse any day ." They hold absolute respect for each others belief .... why not ? They are all just pieces of a bigger picture .... they know the worth of diversity .

If you want to examine this concept further I suggest

https://www.amazon.com.au/Sacred-Tradition-Ancient-Egypt-Rosemary/dp/1567181295

On 5.11.2023 at 7:58 AM, Stilltrying said:

To me, there is no system or religion or tradition that has monopoly on the truth. God, to me, is the creator, present in everything. I do not think he is to concered with Haram, homosexuality or the sabbath.

I really like the Sol Invictus idea. 

16. O Sun, sole traveller of the Heavens, controller of all, Surya, son of Prajapatiremove thy rays and gather up thy burning light. I behold thy glorious form; 1 am he, the Purusha within thee.

(Isha upanishad)

it is not that i belive god is the sun, but the imagery speaks to me. 

• Like 1