Mansplaining?  That's not what I do.  That would be me interjecting and offering unsolicited advice as if the other person doesn't know and needs me to save them.

Although I understand the hatred directed at me by those who indeed feel inferior to me, eventhough, I have done nothing to them to make them feel that way.

• Haha 1

I have noticed that those who have the strongest negative reaction to me, are ones who have bestowed on themselves enlightened-status, but deep down know they are not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Although I understand the hatred directed at me by those who indeed feel inferior to me, eventhough, I have done nothing to them to make them feel that way.

It's easy to feel inferior here because the forum attracts wildly accomplished people.  I'm not the smartest or the funniest and certainly not the most spiritually advanced.  But I never hate those who are better than me in various ways because I figure there's nobody else like me and I'm able to make my own unique contribution.  As do we all.  What I especially admire about you, Daniel, is your depth of Jewish learning.  

Just as we all have our "good points," we also have the places where we're a little rough around the edges, where we're still growing.  People are intuitive and practiced interpreters of behavior, so it's often obvious to many when someone is struggling a little.  Although I don't always live up to my ideals, I try to be easy and accepting of other's foibles and hope they'll be easy and accepting of mine in turn.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

It's easy to feel inferior here because the forum attracts wildly accomplished people.  I'm not the smartest or the funniest and certainly not the most spiritually advanced.  But I never hate those who are better than me in various ways because I figure there's nobody else like me and I'm able to make my own unique contribution.  As do we all.  What I especially admire about you, Daniel, is your depth of Jewish learning.  

Just as we all have our "good points," we also have the places where we're a little rough around the edges, where we're still growing.  People are intuitive and practiced interpreters of behavior, so it's often obvious to many when someone is struggling a little.  Although I don't always live up to my ideals, I try to be easy and accepting of other's foibles and hope they'll be easy and accepting of mine in turn.

You are VERY different though  .

If YOU had an issue with someone , I don't think the first thing that would come to mind for you would be :

" They must feel inferior to me .... that's why  this is happening . "

• Like 2

In order to understand what I write, the entire post needs to be considered in total.  My post regarding "mansplaining", is about the complaint of "mansplaining".  My comment about the feelings of inferiority is not the first thing that comes to mind in general, it is a comment which is specific to this situation.  Then this specific example can be understood in general. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

It's easy to feel inferior here because the forum attracts wildly accomplished people. 

Which is why wrote:

"...eventhough, I have done nothing to them to make them feel that way."

To them.  I have done nothing to them to make them feel inferior.  This is an internet forum.  If someone comes here and posts a topic or a question, they are asking for replies ( unless they are coming to preach or role-play as an enlightened soul, etc ).  When I post a reply, it is something that I have considered in detail from various perspectives already.  I have already, on my own, applied criticism to it, and looked for points of exposure prior to posting it.  This means if there is an objection from one of the other contributors here, I have very likely already considered it, and I have an answer to their challenge already.  

This is not doing anything to them.  I am replying to posts on an internet forum.

Yes, this sort of exchange takes on a tone which people do not appreciate, but, it is not my fault nor is it a "bad thing" to have attempted to fully consider what I write prior to posting it, and to be aware of the possible objections and have answers prepared in advance.  The result will be a feeling of inferiority when I counter their objection rapidly and effectively.  But, the individual is not considering the time and effort I have put into researching these ideas and applying critical analysis to them prior to posting them.  All they see is a display of intellectual bravado "mansplaining", while being ignorant of the hard work which happened behind the scenes.  And this ignores that the accusation of "mansplaining" presumes that what I am posting is unsolicited and I consider the person whom I am conversing with to be inferior to me.  Neither of those are true.

In particular the individual who made the accusation doesn't post very much.  When they do, the posts appear to be very short and do not match my writing style.  But that in no way produces a feeling of superiority or inferiority in my mind.  To the contrary, I think that there could be brilliance expressed in those few words.

The point is, I am being myself, answering posts which are firmly within my knowledge base with well thought out answers, and this is considered a fault.  And when challenged I am able to respond effectively and in detail leaving no room for the opposing view, and this is considered a fault.

There is a situation with a specific poster here who asserts their authority over topics where I am more knowledgable and is unable to admit that.  And they have engaged in behavior which I consider to be immoral.  When that happens, yes, that is something I point out in my writing.

Edited by Daniel

@Daniel

To my mind, there are at least two levels of every post worth considering.  The first is the level of explicit content.  Does my post speak to the topic at hand and is it true?  This is obviously important and something I trust you've give a lot of thought to in your writing.  The second level is interpersonal: how are people likely to react emotionally to what I'm saying? 

Many of us come to the forum to make friends and be part of a community.  We're interested in the topics discussed, yes, but we're also interested in the forum as a kind of spiritual hangout place.  I can't say whether the person you're referencing in your mansplaining comment feels inferior to you or not.  Maybe they do.  But what I do think is that the post will make people see you in a particular light that you might not want, particularly if you care about the social / friendship / community aspect of the forum.  

Just my two cents.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

But what I do think is that the post will make people see you in a particular light that you might not want, particularly if you care about the social / friendship / community aspect of the forum.  

I think it is a mistake to think that community can only be positive. I have seen in media, school, job where people who are friends or colleagues accept insults and negativity from each other, deliberate effort to humiliate, as normal relationship. Usually the offenders call their behavior "humor". 

I think it would be better to use word "respectable" or "polite" than social / friendly / community.

2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Many of us come to the forum to make friends and be part of a community. 

... a community of like-minded individuals.  

But what I do think is that the post will make people see you in a particular light that you might not want, particularly if you care about the social / friendship / community aspect of the forum.  

I do not value blending into a "like-minded" community.  And for those that develop a false perception of me, as I have written multiple times on this forum past and present, it's normal and natural.  ~virtually pointing to my avatar~ I understand it, and I'm at peace with it.   I have friends, and family, co-workers, who see me for who I am, not in a "particular light".  They love me, accept me, encourage me, and I do that for them.  I have done that here on this forum, for a specific individual who has taken sides against me.  But I understand it.  I understand the factors that are contributing to this. 

I can't say whether the person you're referencing in your mansplaining comment feels inferior to you or not.  Maybe they do

Something that most do not realize or perhaps apply fully is that emotions very rarely occur in isolation, and most important, they do not cancel each other out.  Two opposing "feelings" can happen simultaneously without any conflict at all, but the mind automatically ignores one side of it to avoid the cognitive dissonance.  But the "heart" ( figuratively, not literally ) doesn't follow those rules.

So, a person might read my posts and it might actually make them feel simultaneously inferior and superior.  The "heart" feels both, the mind cannot tolerate this, so, the individual conjures up a false perception to reinforce the superiority and diminish the inferiority.  However, deep down there is a lack which is producing the over-reaction, because the mind is not at that moment ready to accept that the inherent lack exists.

Edited by Daniel

54 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

@Daniel  OK, hope I didn't overstep sharing my thoughts.  We all have our styles.

No, not even close.  I don't know what that would look like.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

In order to understand what I write, the entire post needs to be considered in total.  My post regarding "mansplaining", is about the complaint of "mansplaining". 

We know ... you where mansplaining about mansplaining   :) 

My comment about the feelings of inferiority is not the first thing that comes to mind in general,

But it was the  thing you mentioned .... dont try to mansplain it away.

it is a comment which is specific to this situation. 

Which 'specific situation' , the only 'specific' thing being focused on was  multiple interactions on Daobums .

Then this specific example can be understood in general. 

Nah ....  'mansplaining ' ... or an attempt at it

The moving finger has written upon the wall , and it is clear to all what it wrote, it hardly takes any perception to see inside the comment

:   " I understand the hatred directed at me by those who indeed feel inferior to me, "

Now, why would one assume others felt inferior to them   ...... hmmmmmmm   ?

For the specific person who used the term "mansplaining" it is likely the length of my posts, the detail, and the inability to refute them in any reasonable, logical, or intelligent way.  This would make a person feel inferior.  Also, they consider people like me who strongly oppose drug use to be in a category of patriarchal fundementalists. Although I don't strongly oppose it in the way they are imagining.

And, like I said:  if an individual has bestowed on themself the title of "enlightened-sage" and my posts who that they are ... not exactly there yet, this produces an undeniable sense of inferiority.  The same is true for those who think they have magical powers and I prove them wrong as well.

For the record, this is what I said in total:

22 hours ago, Daniel said:

So, it is not all who hate me are doing so because of the feeling of inferiority.  But I can understand how that can happen even though I have done nothing to them to make them feel that way.

They are doing it to themselves.  And this produces a strong reaction and ganging up into a little posse.  But it doesn't bother me.  It's normal and natural.

Edited by Daniel

Which is why wrote:

"...eventhough, I have done nothing to them to make them feel that way."

So ... why did you just happen to decide they felt 'inferior to you' then ?  You could have thought you make them angry, sad, people dont like Jews, or men or  anything under the Sun ... no, you chose 'inferior' - specifically .... and then  go on to tell us how before you write anything, you already know all the criticisms  that might go against it and already 'have your answers prepared .

:)   Really  ?     Let's see then ....

To them.  I have done nothing to them to make them feel inferior.  This is an internet forum.  If someone comes here and posts a topic or a question, they are asking for replies ( unless they are coming to preach or role-play as an enlightened soul, etc ).  When I post a reply, it is something that I have considered in detail from various perspectives already.  I have already, on my own, applied criticism to it, and looked for points of exposure prior to posting it.  This means if there is an objection from one of the other contributors here, I have very likely already considered it, and I have an answer to their challenge already.  

This is not doing anything to them.  I am replying to posts on an internet forum.

Oh  ... OH  , well excuse me ... here I was thinking you where going round to peoples houses and knocking on their doors   and  being 'superior to them ' on their doorstep .   That is the lamest wiggle excuse I have EVER heard on an internet forum   :D

- no doubt you had anticipated this comment and have already loaded your response in the torpedo bay   :) 

Yes, this sort of exchange takes on a tone which people do not appreciate, but, it is not my fault nor is it a "bad thing" to have attempted to fully consider what I write prior to posting it, and to be aware of the possible objections and have answers prepared in advance. 

So, when someone takes on a tone with with you , its because  you attempt to fully considered what you write before posting and have  your answers prepared prior to any objections which you have perceived therein ...  or maybe they just pissed off becasue you acting like an arse again ?   Have you considered that possibility ? 

The result will be a feeling of inferiority when I counter their objection rapidly and effectively.  But, the individual is not considering the time and effort I have put into researching these ideas and applying critical analysis to them prior to posting them. 

Like the crappy mess you made about your tarot card interpretation ?

All they see is a display of intellectual bravado "mansplaining", while being ignorant of the hard work which happened behind the scenes

Oh, like the hard work I did in studying and reading tarot for 40 years  .... you come along and say I am wrong , the meaning is wrong ( from what the maker of the deck and the accompanying book   said  )   I think 'behind the scenes' might be some type of ego fantasy ..... hopefully you dont believe this stuff yourself !

.  And this ignores that the accusation of "mansplaining" presumes that what I am posting is unsolicited and I consider the person whom I am conversing with to be inferior to me.  Neither of those are true.

In particular the individual who made the accusation doesn't post very much.  When they do, the posts appear to be very short and do not match my writing style.  But that in no way produces a feeling of superiority or inferiority in my mind.  To the contrary, I think that there could be brilliance expressed in those few words.

Yet , you assume they feel inferior to you  .... for some reason .

The point is, I am being myself, answering posts which are firmly within my knowledge base with well thought out answers, and this is considered a fault.

RUBBISH !

You tried to bluff your way through on that tarot card , making it up as you go along .  Go on say it ..... " A tarot card can mean whatever you want it to mean . " 

And when challenged I am able to respond effectively and in detail leaving no room for the opposing view, and this is considered a fault.

leaving no room for the opposing view    :D   you have either gone off you nut or are winding us up .

There is a situation with a specific poster 

What , me , old3bob, and 5 other people  ?

here who asserts their authority over topics where I am more knowledgable and is unable to admit that.  And they have engaged in behavior which I consider to be immoral.  When that happens, yes, that is something I point out in my writing.

IMMORAL   !   ....      Why ... thats shocking  ! 

image.png.c345206be2ba4f75de69ff8b0ef97f97.png

Edited by Nungali

6 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

@Daniel

To my mind, there are at least two levels of every post worth considering.  The first is the level of explicit content.  Does my post speak to the topic at hand and is it true?  This is obviously important and something I trust you've give a lot of thought to in your writing.  The second level is interpersonal: how are people likely to react emotionally to what I'm saying? 

Many of us come to the forum to make friends and be part of a community.  We're interested in the topics discussed, yes, but we're also interested in the forum as a kind of spiritual hangout place.  I can't say whether the person you're referencing in your mansplaining comment feels inferior to you or not.  Maybe they do.  But what I do think is that the post will make people see you in a particular light that you might not want, particularly if you care about the social / friendship / community aspect of the forum.  

Just my two cents.  

He obviously already thought about that when he made all these posts . 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Daniel said:

For the specific person who used the term "mansplaining" it is likely the length of my posts, the detail, and the inability to refute them in any reasonable, logical, or intelligent way

I think there is a writing mistake in there  ^  .    It should read "   I BELIEVE  they lack the ability to refute them in any reasonable, logical, or intelligent way "   ... and when they do .... off you go, into denial .

Its okay to be wrong sometimes Daniel  , and its okay to admit there is a subject you dont know heaps about ... like tarot . you dont have to be 'top dog' in ALL subjects .

That will not effect your 'superior standing  ' .

.  This would make a person feel inferior. 

or make them think you could be an egophile .

Also, they consider people like me who strongly oppose drug use to be in a category of patriarchal fundementalists. Although I don't strongly oppose it in the way they are imagining.

And, like I said:  if an individual has bestowed on themself the title of "enlightened-sage" and my posts who that they are ... not exactly there yet, this produces an undeniable sense of inferiority.  The same is true for those who think they have magical powers and I prove them wrong as well.

Ummm ....  " You think you have proved them wrong .  "

There is NO WAY  you can prove here that any one does not have 'magical powers'   . And I dont even have to ask you what you mean by 'magical powers' becasue that is impossible to disprove , from your position ... or anyone's position  as an internet poster .

For the record, this is what I said in total:

So, it is not all who hate me are doing so because of the feeling of inferiority.  But I can understand how that can happen even though I have done nothing to them to make them feel that way.

Its your assumption that they feel that way  that is indicative ... you could have thought , as i said , they love, fear , hate, or any other negative emotion ... why did you settle on this intellectual  hierarchy inferior superiority stuff ?    Most people just go ; " Oh, they must be an arse hole. "  and give up . I doubt people her automatically think  " Oh, that guy must feel inferior  to me . "

Its very 'telling' .

They are doing it to themselves.  And this produces a strong reaction and ganging up into a little posse.

So now we have gone from you blaming one person feeling inferior to you  to them somehow being able to form a posse  of people that feel inferior  to you too .   " I remember that time in Santa - Fe - got run outa town for being ever so smart ! " 

But it doesn't bother me.  It's normal and natural.

Oh no, you are not bothered at all  

:D 

Edited by Nungali

I never said I could not be wrong.  In fact there is a recent thread where I absolutey admitted I can be wrong.  What I said is that what I have written has been considered deeply, and I have already considered the weak points in my point of view.  I don't post them if I have not done the hard work of looking for fault in my own point of view.  That's why if someone pushes me, and pushes me hard, I can push back in support of my point of view such that there is no reasonable intelligent manner to argue with me about it.  Yes, I basically win all the arguments.  But that's not my fault.  It's because I am careful about what I write about.

Regarding Tarot, again, the problem there is that it was not a tarot reading, an individual chose artwork on a card which was meaningful to them.  They were told they were wrong about choosing that card.  Their opinion was being devalued and over-written repeatedly with multiple-lady saints inspite of not liking the first one.

And then after that, was the deny-deny-deny-deny when all that's needed is simple:  "Yeah I was pushing them to get what I liked, and I didn't care about what THEY liked.  Their choice was wrong.  It's MY card, and I'm the esoteric authority, and I know best."

That's the truth.

And then there's the botched and bungled kabbalistic terminology which is definitely a mess.

Edited by Daniel
  • Sad 1

I am making an educated guess about a specific person based on their posting patterns and their gross generalizations.  The word choice of accusing others of being "fundementalists" and the gender specific accusation of "mansplainging" are significant.

But, no, I am not assuming about everyone.  But the individual who had been private messaging me, to be clear, they repeatedly initiated conversations with me, made it rather clear the factors which have contributed to their choice to "take sides".

33 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I never said I could not be wrong.  In fact there is a recent thread where I absolutey admitted I can be wrong.  What I said is that what I have written has been considered deeply, and I have alreeady considered the weak points in my point of view.  I don't post them is I have not done the hard work of looking for fault in my own point of view.  That's why someone pushes me, and pushes me hard, I can push back in support of my point of view such that there is no reasonable intelligent manner to argue with me about it.  Yes, I basically win all the arguments.  But that's not my fault.  it's because I am careful about what I write about.

Regarding Tarot, again, the problem there is that it was not a tarot reading, an individual chose artwork on a card which was meaninngful to them.  They were told they were wrong about choosing that card.  Their opinion was being devalued and over-written repeatedly with multiple-lady saints insptie of not liking the first one.

Repeating 'mis - facts' does not make them true .

That is dead wrong  ... they where not told that at all, I said that part of the image was good, the all seeing eye of God , the connection shown by the dove ( grace ) descending and the 'lion serpent ''   (kundalini )  rising .    I certainly wrote that and you must have read it .

Unless you are trying to argue about what I said or didnt say without reading what I did say ????

I said " I would not have the whole card tattooed on my body though " and went on to explain why .  It was YOU that could not handle that Daniel ... NO ONE ELSE ... not the OP either .

I am sorry Daniel ... you where WRONG

WRONG

( know, its hard isnt it , breathe deep and count to 10 ..... )

And then after that, was the deny-deny-deny-deny when all that's needed is simple:  "Yeah I was pushing them to get what I liked, and I didn't care about what THEY liked.  Their choice was wrong.  It's MY card, and I'm the esoteric authority, and I know best."

Now you are putting stuff you made up into quotes to give it the appearance I sad that .

This is your 'high level' of intellectual argument , now ?

How was I pushing them to get what I liked ... even if one goes along with your warped misinterpretation of this episode , I would have been  pushing them away from what I didnt like.

You complained that I then flooded them with   female images  .... in a thread that asked about ideas for feminine images for a tatoo  !    

sorry ... wrong again Daniel . I am not gonna say their choice was wrong becasue it wasnt  .  I didnt even say it was wrong to get the whole card tattoed on yer face !  I said I would  not get the whole card tattooed .

Now you are twisting and making stuff up to try and MAKE YOURSELF right .

You got an issue with this being right stuff ... fer shore  !

That's the truth.

Because you say it is ? 

And then there's all the botched and bungled kabbalistic terminology which is definitely a mess.

No . right at the beginning , I said  it was Hermetic Qabbalah .

You said it was good I made the distinction .

Then when I  went on to make some points about Hermetic Qabbalah you said I didnt know what I was talking about and it was spelt with  a K  not a Q  ... the Q signifies hermetic Qabbalah , which I already said and idetified what I was talking about by using the Q   ... then when I mentioned some associations with Hebrew letters  , you denied it , yet went on to show the  Canaanite  progression of  symbols to letters , that showed the same associations I gave !   Then when I called an alep an ox and did similar with the letters of the letter, giving them associations you where...

'Right I am putting you on ignore ! "

But you didnt , you kept reading and just had to come back to 'correct me' .   saying I spelt it wrong .... you must have gone off and looked it up and then came back with ' Q is for hermetic  Kabbalah '    ... 'revelation  a la Daniel ' , while that is what I was saying all along .

here : 

Kabbalah  :

Kabbalah is a system of Jewish mysticism which blossomed into existence in 12th century Spain, propelled largely by Sephardic Jews, though it spread quickly throughout the Jewish diaspora.

There are multiple forms of Kabbalah, and it is not the only form of mysticism within Judaism, but it is often used as an umbrella term for all Jewish mysticism. There are traditional restrictions on Kabbalah as it is meant to be studied by those well versabbalhed in Judaism, as well as have the emotional and psychological maturity to deal with the spiritual intensity of the study and practice. In some very rare situations, Kabbalah may be actually spelled "Cabala" by Latin language speakers, even when they are referring to Kabbalah. However, this is the rare exception to the rule, not the rule itself. The same goes for the spelling "Qabalah", as the 'Q' is the traditional transliteration of the Hebrew " ק" for many Jewish communities, such as Moroccan Jews. 

Cabbalah :

refers to a Christianized form of Kabbalah that seeks to reimagine it through an entirely Christian lens. The spelling is on a decline, as is the practice, and is also commonly referred to as "Christian Kabbalah".
In 1200, the first Christian dove into Kabbalah. Robert Lull is believed to be the very first Cabalist. His intentions were to find information that could be used to convert Jews. Cabala's sole purpose, for centuries, was to find ways to convert Jews using "Jewish" thought and mysticism. However, just as Christians misinterpreted the Torah in the Jewish perspective, Cabala meant nothing to most Jews and failed as a method of conversion. For centuries, it was practiced solely by the clergy who were responsible for oppressing Jews.

Qabbalah

According to Wikipedia, Qabalah is a blend of, "Jewish Kabbalah, Western astrology, Alchemy, Pagan religions, especially Egyptian and Greco-Roman, Neoplatonism, Gnosticism, the Enochian system of angelic magic ofJohn Dee and Edward Kelley, hermeticism, tantra and the symbolism of the tarot".

It's earliest roots appear to be in the 15th century with Giovanni Pico Della Mirandola ,though German occultist Agrippa is also acknowledged.

I a not surprised its a bone of contention with Jews ,  they hold Kabbalah as their own , in a traditional form,  heavily based only on Torah, and 'being a Jew' , and even then , its not popular with them at all, its   an inner tradition , heavily mystical and most Jews would not be into it at all , you would probably be frowned upon from being into it, unless you where a Jewish scholar .
Edited by Nungali

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I am making an educated guess about a specific person based on their posting patterns and their gross generalizations.  The word choice of accusing others of being "fundementalists" and the gender specific accusation of "mansplainging" are significant.

But, no, I am not assuming about everyone.  But the individual who had been private messaging me, to be clear, they repeatedly initiated conversations with me, made it rather clear the factors which have contributed to their choice to "take sides".

Ohhh !

So its not just the 'posse' I knew about here !

There are more

... and they PM you . 

Oh Daniel  ..... 

It is easy to confirm whether or not something is a fabricated quote.  There is a little grey arrow which is a link and it will take a person to the quote to confirm.

Also the date/time stamp will show if the post was edited to change what was originally posted.

Screenshot_20231022_151940.thumb.jpg.55fcb6a5b4332882fc621ae62686b2ca.jpg

Regarding the false claim that hermetic Qabalah was distinguished in the in the "tattoo" thread, searching the thread it self confirms that is not true.  "Qabbalah" is mentioned 3 times.  All by me.  "Hermetic" is mentioned 1 time by me.

It really is that simple to double check and see if what is being said is accurate or not.

Screenshot_20231022_152611.thumb.jpg.689ae0088552901aa424a3ff0831606a.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_152625.thumb.jpg.7faa2639a19b7511665c20020e55c9c2.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_152635.thumb.jpg.1e10a03ee12d75c6bac225b2f865ef5d.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_152656.thumb.jpg.d35e0215b612405a0c52be9ec5725152.jpg

Edited by Daniel

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

It is easy to confirm whether or not something is a fabricated quote.  There is a little grey arrow which is a link and it will take a person to the quote to confirm.

Also the date/time stamp will show if the post was edited to change what was originally posted.

HUH  ?  

Then you posted your own post saying  " those that feel inferior to me  "