Taomeow

Stranger things

12 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Here is a different strange thing .... after many months of no training , ( which I thought may be permanent ) I am off to a kobudo session this morn ,

I am very 'rusty' on it .... no idea what will happen  :D 

toodle-loooo

what a nice surprise, I wish you a happy time.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

what a nice surprise, I wish you a happy time.

At the end I thought .... hey !  I feel pretty good.  I even left my car at the park , walked over the bridge and up the hill to town, did shopping walked back .  I'm not past it yet ... yay !

Ceptin now ......  Oooooooh  .  Getting stiff and sore , back still good though and that is my main issue . So I   got an out side fire bath warming up in the garden .

Mostly my arms , got my muscles and tendons whacked a lot  .... typical !   ( for me- I keep using myself as a crash test dummy   :rolleyes:) ; 

" What's all this blocking bullshit about anyway , why block an attack, just punch it . "  I was asked what I mean  so I invited them to stop blocking and just punch anything I throw at them ..." . Nooooo !  Not like that ... punch it with 'ippon ken' * into my  arm, wrist, back of hand ."  So they did .....

- Owww ... mhe I can handle that .... Owww OWWW  , now its getting annoying .....  OWWWW now I'm getting hurt !  After a bit my arms decided they didnt want to punch any  more  ( especially  when one got me a bit too near L11, made me loose concentration and one  of his counters boinged the end tip of my nose as a cross flew past it  )    Then  I had a turn ;  first hit, other  guy ; " OK, thats enough for me . "   :D 

I suppose 'other guy ' is at home now going  " Bastard ! I got a  (one) sore lump on my arm . " 

image.png.f17a5bf4db6a2e96c1436a33a245a0f2.png

Alright , thats enough excitement for grandpa today .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzThAOn0o7egHn5MhM5QE

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Nungali said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzThAOn0o7egHn5MhM5QE

Spoiler

Surely you’re not going to eat the person in the cooking pot? :o 

Edited by Cobie

On 2-5-2024 at 3:02 AM, Nungali said:

I offered it before to you ... but - no response , on any level .

One more time : 

http://www.theisticpsychology.org/books/w.vandusen/presence_spirits.htm

perhaps you need some credentials for the author  ?

Chief Psychologist at Mendocino State Hospital in California where he worked among the mentally ill for 17 years. He holds an A.B., M.A. from the University of California and a Ph.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Ottawa, Canada, plus several other earned and honorary degrees in science, metaphysics, and investment. His two books The Presence of Other Worlds, and Natural Depth in Man (Swedenborg Foundation) have been translated into five foreign languages. He has also contributed to many other volumes and has written over 100 articles, mostly in psychology

Also I am curious about these two you mention not wanting to share publicly or privately  'what strengthened this belief '  and how you knew about this , what , they both declared , in some form, that they 'believe in demons'  but  ' and that is all we will say about it '   ? 

interesting read, thank you for posting

3 hours ago, Cobie said:
  Hide contents

Surely you’re not going to eat the person in the cooking pot? :o 

Of course not . That would be plain silly .

I make soup instead , While I am sitting in the bath I chop up some carrots and onions , a bit of celery, chuck that in, some herbs and a couple of bay leaves . Let it all stew up .   Then after a while I can sink down in the bath every so often and sip a mouthful .

You should try it .... hang on I will move  over  for you ..... in ya get .   Now have a sip .

Now now everyone, settle down, I know you all want to try some, dont worry, samples of Nungali soup will be available to all of you soon . 

image.thumb.png.c276ed7c620412c4d9ff98f22437995a.png

• Haha 2

On 5/4/2024 at 5:21 PM, Nungali said:

Of course not . That would be plain silly .

I make soup instead , While I am sitting in the bath I chop up some carrots and onions , a bit of celery, chuck that in, some herbs and a couple of bay leaves . Let it all stew up .   Then after a while I can sink down in the bath every so often and sip a mouthful .

You should try it .... hang on I will move  over  for you ..... in ya get .   Now have a sip .

Now now everyone, settle down, I know you all want to try some, dont worry, samples of Nungali soup will be available to all of you soon . 

image.thumb.png.c276ed7c620412c4d9ff98f22437995a.png

how do you get rid of floating hair in such a soup :lol: 

• Haha 1

You dont .... 'fiber '  is important in one's diet . 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Strange but cool.  70% of resumes submitted by job seekers in Japan are still handwritten.

That's because they see one's handwriting as pretty accurately reflecting their personality and ki (Japanese counterpart of qi).  They glean things like reliability, awareness, and even intelligence from one's handwriting, and in 70% of cases job applicants are confident enough of theirs to demo it to a potential employer in this direct manner.  So, instead of spelling out the "desirable" characteristics one would typically see in a Western resume -- "attention to detail," "a team player," "assertive" or what have you, they don't tell, they show.  Yes -- good handwriting means attention to detail, a team player (you need to have awareness of the strokes before and after each one so together they interact harmoniously), etc..  A trained graphologist sees a lot more than that -- and Japanese companies and banks still employ those.

Among other things, I believe this goes to show the mindset behind the current non-teaching of cursive in American schools, replaced with hand-printing letters instead.  Each letter must stand on its own without supporting, or being supported by, its colleagues and neighbors, without a meaningful connection to them, without a feel for "team work," harmony, aesthetics, "flow" etc..  Extreme individualism and disregard for others in every move.   

And not a chance to train those hand-to-brain intelligence muscles either.  When I taught in high school, I could tell a helluva lot about every student in a new class in the beginning of the school year by just looking at the handwriting of each.  E.g., if someone's submitted work had no mistakes but was executed in a handwriting that was strikingly dumb, I knew they cheated.  And I was later proved right in 9 cases out of 10 -- but only because I was not a trained graphologist, or the accuracy may have been 99 out of 100.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Strange but cool.  70% of resumes submitted by job seekers in Japan are still handwritten.

That's because they see one's handwriting as pretty accurately reflecting their personality and ki (Japanese counterpart of qi).  They glean things like reliability, awareness, and even intelligence from one's handwriting, and in 70% of cases job applicants are confident enough of theirs to demo it to a potential employer in this direct manner.  So, instead of spelling out the "desirable" characteristics one would typically see in a Western resume -- "attention to detail," "a team player," "assertive" or what have you, they don't tell, they show.  Yes -- good handwriting means attention to detail, a team player (you need to have awareness of the strokes before and after each one so together they interact harmoniously), etc..  A trained graphologist sees a lot more than that -- and Japanese companies and banks still employ those.

Among other things, I believe this goes to show the mindset behind the current non-teaching of cursive in American schools, replaced with hand-printing letters instead.  Each letter must stand on its own without supporting, or being supported by, its colleagues and neighbors, without a meaningful connection to them, without a feel for "team work," harmony, aesthetics, "flow" etc..  Extreme individualism and disregard for others in every move.   

And not a chance to train those hand-to-brain intelligence muscles either.  When I taught in high school, I could tell a helluva lot about every student in a new class in the beginning of the school year by just looking at the handwriting of each.  E.g., if someone's submitted work had no mistakes but was executed in a handwriting that was strikingly dumb, I knew they cheated.  And I was later proved right in 9 cases out of 10 -- but only because I was not a trained graphologist, or the accuracy may have been 99 out of 100.

Yes, that is cool .  Calligraphy has been a long appreciated art there .

Also I suppose a good reader of this could tell if the person was writing untruths  ???

I mention that as when I was on unemployment payment , to get it I had to attend a how to get a job course . A big part of it was how to lie and get away with it on your resume .. seriously . And the same from job interviews .

The most valid advise I got was when being interviewed and   you are asked ' What is your weakest point that most needs improvement?' or similar . You should answer 'Chocolate ... I am addicted to chocolate . "

• Like 1

Well, this is certainly strange   ... and rather horrible .  

So, our tale begins in Abkhazia in the 1860s. For months villagers near Tkhina told of a mysterious beast living in their forest. Something not quite human that carried itself on two legs, occasionally sited by someone as they gathered water, or walked to the mill. One day, hunters were shocked to find the creature had stumbled into a pit they’d dug to capture bears with. The beast was a she. She was humanoid, two metres tall, dark skinned, broad shouldered and extremely muscular. Though completely naked, she was covered head to toe in thick, dark body hair, with a long mane of red hair covering her head. 

At least so goes one tale. Another story claims she was caught in some other village – shackled and chained, then presented to the crown prince of Abkhazia. The prince had no need for a ‘wild woman’ so she was passed on to a courtier, who sold her to a nobleman from Tkhina named Edgi Genaba. 

Either way the creature ended up in the possession of Edgi, who named her Zana. Equally vague, for some reason that is never specified, Edgi had an open air prison in his garden. Some sources indicate a pit. Others claim there was an iron cage in his yard. Whatever the case, Zana was thrown into the enclosure. We’re told she was far too wild to approach, so she was left there for three years. Terrified servants were sent out with food and drink. A picture is given of a wild beast roaring, or hissing at these servants – but reading between the lines, she was trapped, isolated, and probably far more frightened than the servants. Zana dug a hole in the ground, where she spent hours at a time curled up in the fetal position. 

[Hi all, this one is about to get pretty dark, ......

https://historyandimagination.com/2023/10/23/the-monstrous-life-of-zana-of-abkhazia/

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, this is certainly strange   ... and rather horrible .  

So, our tale begins in Abkhazia in the 1860s. For months villagers near Tkhina told of a mysterious beast living in their forest. Something not quite human that carried itself on two legs, occasionally sited by someone as they gathered water, or walked to the mill. One day, hunters were shocked to find the creature had stumbled into a pit they’d dug to capture bears with. The beast was a she. She was humanoid, two metres tall, dark skinned, broad shouldered and extremely muscular. Though completely naked, she was covered head to toe in thick, dark body hair, with a long mane of red hair covering her head. 

At least so goes one tale. Another story claims she was caught in some other village – shackled and chained, then presented to the crown prince of Abkhazia. The prince had no need for a ‘wild woman’ so she was passed on to a courtier, who sold her to a nobleman from Tkhina named Edgi Genaba. 

Either way the creature ended up in the possession of Edgi, who named her Zana. Equally vague, for some reason that is never specified, Edgi had an open air prison in his garden. Some sources indicate a pit. Others claim there was an iron cage in his yard. Whatever the case, Zana was thrown into the enclosure. We’re told she was far too wild to approach, so she was left there for three years. Terrified servants were sent out with food and drink. A picture is given of a wild beast roaring, or hissing at these servants – but reading between the lines, she was trapped, isolated, and probably far more frightened than the servants. Zana dug a hole in the ground, where she spent hours at a time curled up in the fetal position. 

[Hi all, this one is about to get pretty dark, ......

https://historyandimagination.com/2023/10/23/the-monstrous-life-of-zana-of-abkhazia/

I read a somewhat different version of the story, as told by one of my all-time favorite authors, Fazil Iskander, an Abkhazian Russian writer whose best (IMO) stories are true stories from his childhood and youth in his native village in the mountains of Abkhazia.  I read Zana's story a long time ago and details escape me, but she was, according to the elders in Tkhina who remembered her well, very sexually uninhibited and typically initiated sex with men rather than being forced into it.  That sort of makes some sense, considering she was two meters tall, extremely muscular, and strong like a horse.  The story was actually funny, I'll try to find and re-read it.   

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Yes, that is cool .  Calligraphy has been a long appreciated art there .

Also I suppose a good reader of this could tell if the person was writing untruths  ???

I mention that as when I was on unemployment payment , to get it I had to attend a how to get a job course . A big part of it was how to lie and get away with it on your resume .. seriously . And the same from job interviews .

The most valid advise I got was when being interviewed and   you are asked ' What is your weakest point that most needs improvement?' or similar . You should answer 'Chocolate ... I am addicted to chocolate . "

Nice.  I was just thinking today -- civilization is something that runs on lies as its main fuel.  What occasioned the thought was cooking some fish fillets for dinner and marveling, for the ten thousandth time, how fish and meat are invariably injected with water so each cut appears twice the actual size, and how they shrink to half the size or less once you throw them on the frying pan.  I know for a fact this doesn't happen to either if it hasn't been inflated this way, and paying an arm and a leg at a HFS doesn't really help.  And the train of thought took me to how it's really everything -- everything contains a generous portion of lies, you can't buy, beg, borrow or steal  anything without this ingredient -- often the main ingredient -- and often enough the only one.

Yes, it's probably possible to tell from the handwriting if they're writing untruths.  I wouldn't be able to (I get plenty of other clues though, too many, from multiple other sources.)  But there's things I could tell from the handwriting that would give me pause if I was the employer making that decision -- e.g. vanity, self-importance, pent up anger, a giver-upper attitude (or rather "giver-downer" -- each line tends to slide downward at its end), poor planner, miser, careless spender...  All those lessons they taught you in that course might be wasted on a good graphologist -- but our resumes are printed, so, no worries.         

Edited by Taomeow

On 12/05/2024 at 1:08 PM, Taomeow said:

I read a somewhat different version of the story, as told by one of my all-time favorite authors, Fazil Iskander, an Abkhazian Russian writer whose best (IMO) stories are true stories from his childhood and youth in his native village in the mountains of Abkhazia.  I read Zana's story a long time ago and details escape me, but she was, according to the elders in Tkhina who remembered her well, very sexually uninhibited and typically initiated sex with men rather than being forced into it.  That sort of makes some sense, considering she was two meters tall, extremely muscular, and strong like a horse.  The story was actually funny, I'll try to find and re-read it.   

Hmmmm ...  after reading this version I am thinking there could be yet another origin to this story ;

And now, just in ; a most recent example of the sheer uneducated idiocy  that is plaguing the modern world via the internet :

NASA Just Observed City Lights On a Planet 7 Trillion Miles Away!

(Note the !  ... that should be  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   )   youtubes,  discussion, people be wow ! ,  tictoc, all abuzzzz ...

Except   :

No city lights discovered by NASA Lynn Chandler, a NASA spokesperson, told USA TODAY the claim is false. The TikTok video shown in the post was actually debunking the city lights claim, not making it.

And on it goes .     next we will be hearing about the world wide conspiracy to cover it up .... which makes me 'one of them' again, I suppose.

:rolleyes: