LUXAleX

Very confused about cultivation techniques

I've tried to understand a clear way into Daoist cultivation, but I can't find even the basics of it.
Could someone please explain how to begin (and proceed) my way into cultivation?

Edited by LUXAleX
  • Like 1

Hi LUXAleX,

There are many threads on the board about various teachers and schools.  Most would recommend having a teacher or taking a class rather than trying to learn from books alone.  Would you be willing to tell us a little bit more about what you hope to accomplish with your cultivation?  I think having a little bit more information about you would help members make suggestions that would be a good fit.

• Like 3

You'll need books and/or a teacher/course to make any real inroads into this. But basically, you'll need to learn some context for practice, then learn some practice(s) themselves, then do the practices. Also you'll probably want to work on personal/life development to go along with the practices.

You might also find it helpful to get some general context from youtube videos of teachers covering the broader concepts etc, before you actually jump into things. Once you're seen a few teacher's takes on the broader area of cultivation, you'll be a little better equipped to see what you're getting into and where to start.

E.g. Nathan Brine on his course in alchemy 

Or Damo Mitchell on spiritual growth through alchemy:

Never learn from a book.

I think it depends on what you're looking for. No matter what path you choose, cultivation of lower dan tian is necessary. I think given the training and going through the courses myself, Nathan Brine and Damo are missing critical elements about health and practices that won't activate a lower dan tian.

But

This teacher does

https://authenticneigong.com

• Like 1

For now, the first problem I have in my own life is that; it doesn't matter how much I sleep, I always feel tired. Also I hope to accomplish a healthier and stronger body.

• Like 1

For health, you might check out Flying Phoenix chi gung.  I'm not a practitioner myself but there's a very active community here of people who are and it generally gets good reviews, particularly for those who want to improve their health.  Take a look at the thread pinned in the General Discussion section.  I'm also a fan of Master Li's Sheng Zhen, Sheng Zhen Meditation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LUXAleX said:

For now, the first problem I have in my own life is that; it doesn't matter how much I sleep, I always feel tired. Also I hope to accomplish a healthier and stronger body.

For qigong try out Flying Phoenix by Sifu Terry Dunn for better health, if you want more energy to kee you active and awake specifically then learn Tao Tan Pai qigong also from Sifu Terry:

https://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

For working on your lower dantien then learn authentic Neigong from Rudi:

https://authenticneigong.com/

• Like 3

If nightly rest is not recuperating your body and mind, an assessment of your diet and body by a Dr, either TCM or Western may shed knowledge on why.  There may be underlying hormonal or other imbalances as contributing factors.

• Like 2

1. No books. Good only for reference purposes

2. Find a real life teacher 

3. Practice with discipline and dedication on a daily basis for as long as you possibly can combining MOVING and SEATED practices 

4. Practice in the natural environment as often as you can

5. Practice one of the major Internal Martial Arts styles preferably Ba Gua or Xing Yi

6. Eat good food, breath good clean air and minimise sexual activity

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gerard said:

On 7/19/2023 at 1:36 PM, Gerard said:
On 7/19/2023 at 12:46 PM, Barnaby said:

Serge ....as a "spiritual teacher", he is a con man and a liar.

Isn't this business ridden with them?

of course it is. thats why the broken record 'of 'go find a teacher' is even more hilarious. 

15 hours ago, Gerard said:

1. No books.

On 7/22/2023 at 11:07 PM, diggorydogood said:

Never learn from a book.

book bad. teacher good.

Edited by Taoist Texts
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2023 at 2:42 PM, LUXAleX said:

Do you eat unprocessed food properly cooked?  Do you get plenty of exercise?  Are you old or young?  ....  Have you had some illness? repeated virus infections? etc.  Is your life reasonably ordered and satisfying to you?  Do you work long or irregular hours?  Are your relations to others good and are you emotionally in a reasonable place?  Do you have major worries or stresses at the moment?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

of course it is. thats why the broken record 'of 'go find a teacher' is even more hilarious. 

I found my Ba Gua teacher in Brisbane after conducting a web search. 

Is it that difficult?

The problem starts when you are after more than a teacher. Then the perks will soon follow: cults, fake & useless teachings, etc. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gerard said:

1. No books. Good only for reference purposes

3. Practice with discipline and dedication on a daily basis for as long as you possibly can combining MOVING and SEATED practices 

4. Practice in the natural environment as often as you can

5. Practice one of the major Internal Martial Arts styles preferably Ba Gua or Xing Yi

6. Eat good food, breath good clean air and minimise sexual activity

BTW @LUXAleX this is the most solid advice in this thread

Simple and straightforward, no need to overcomplicate anything

• Like 1

Thanks Pak_Satrio. What else to add, I guess people will have to figure out by themselves or they wouldn't be here in the first place.

I suggested the two internal methods but don't want to sound patronising. Whatever method works for you best!

However the method has to give substantial benefits being the most important one a full transformation of the practitioner which will enable them to connect with the inner reality and understand how it links with us, smaller and identical copies of the big picture as well as linking with your Earth animal and the Heavenly sign and feel the yearly changes each animal energy influence us every year. 

This Rabbit lunar year runs deep and it's great for deep healing as rabbits do when they hide in their burrows.

image.png.912fbe9b87297072e3946dba274cd7a2.png

• Like 1