Lo2022

What are the benefits as we accumulate more and more energy?

Hi everyone, I'm copying a post from reddit because it didn't get a lot of responses there and I'm curious about the answer. This person has practiced different types of energy work on and off for 2 years. They have never stayed consistent in their practice. Should one practice Qi Gong daily for a large amount of time before benefits present themselves in their life? What does one notice as their energy raises higher and higher? I am wondering the same thing because I've managed to do Qigong every other day--for a month and I'm wondering what the benefits are for doing it everyday over a long period of time. Thank you 

11 hours ago, Dedicated said:

… I don't feel qualified to say more when there are qualified teachers on this site

I would like to read your opinion. We are all equal on this forum, qualified teacher or not. Personally I tend to find the opinions of some qualified teachers extremely boring. Some seem to me to be just be reciting their particular rule book. To me they seem to lack creative personal thought from own experience. What I read from you up to now I found interesting. I’m not bothered by disagreeing, I (mostly) appreciate reading another’s way of looking at things. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

From theory accumulating more energy could be helpful for not only a long life but for a smoother feeling in the body. 

But personally I am more interested in internal Alchemy which is different to building up energy. I am on this site to learn more about, but it seems to me it's a natural process we can learn to facilitate bringing wisdom among other things

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dedicated said:

internal Alchemy …  bringing wisdom …

Not me, but some equate “internal Alchemy” with striving for ‘immortality’; what’s your take on that?

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dedicated said:

From theory accumulating more energy could be helpful for not only a long life but for a smoother feeling in the body. 

But personally I am more interested in internal Alchemy which is different to building up energy. I am on this site to learn more about, but it seems to me it's a natural process we can learn to facilitate bringing wisdom among other things

FYI In order for a smoother feeling in the body, internal Alchemy is to building up energy in the body for this purpose. The body has more energy the healthier the body will be. It is the energy that keep a long life for the body. Otherwise, the body will die soon due the chronic diseases.

PS The body does not accumulate energy. The energy has to be generated by the body cells. Otherwise, if the accumulated energy was used up, it has no replacement.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Chi Dragon, I was thinking similar. But the distinction I was making was between exercise and meditation. However of course they help each other.

Thanks Cobie, immortality could well result from internal Alchemy. The ironic part of internal Alchemy bringing wisdom is that we need to be positive and kind during the process, so in a sense we need to wise to succeed in it. But it's like holding a cup for it out of faith, then the cup is filled in part due to that faith 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dedicated said:

… the cup is filled in part due to that faith 

I agree. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23.06.2023 at 9:41 PM, Lo2022 said:

Hi everyone, I'm copying a post from reddit because it didn't get a lot of responses there and I'm curious about the answer. This person has practiced different types of energy work on and off for 2 years. They have never stayed consistent in their practice. Should one practice Qi Gong daily for a large amount of time before benefits present themselves in their life? What does one notice as their energy raises higher and higher? I am wondering the same thing because I've managed to do Qigong every other day--for a month and I'm wondering what the benefits are for doing it everyday over a long period of time. Thank you 

If you don't feel and observe benefits after a few months of practice, it is kind of silly to think they will come after ten years of doing the very same method. Some techniques may lack potency and impact.

Energy is only a driver of evolution, and it is not an evolution in itself. Just having more energy won't change who you are and won't transform you or bring forward any enlightenment. In fact, a lot of people, when they gain more energy than normal, become worse than they were.

Having fuel in a car is good, but where you drive the vehicle and how is what matters. Otherwise, all these practices are kind of worthless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 23.09.2023 at 11:10 AM, Neirong said:

If you don't feel and observe benefits after a few months of practice, it is kind of silly to think they will come after ten years of doing the very same method. Some techniques may lack potency and impact.

Energy is only a driver of evolution, and it is not an evolution in itself. Just having more energy won't change who you are and won't transform you or bring forward any enlightenment. In fact, a lot of people, when they gain more energy than normal, become worse than they were.

Having fuel in a car is good, but where you drive the vehicle and how is what matters. Otherwise, all these practices are kind of worthless.

@ChiDragon A lot of people naively think that having more money and more energy will solve all their issues in life.

Think about money. Energy and money is similar. Wealth can have a lot of positive impact and give you powers in the material world to do good things. You could invest into research, build a lab, develop technology, invest into health, limitless opportunities.

But for many people, when they get rich, it turns out that they end up paying for whores, drinking whiskey and smoking cigars. That is all they see. In a parallel reality of an imaginary degraded world, they also end up teaching people and building persona cults.

Unfortunately, that is how money works. Without internal development, obtaining higher quantities of energy or money ends up badly.
You have to develop your mind, intellect, and wisdom. Otherwise, wherever you gain energy or not, the path is certain into the abyss.

Edited by Neirong
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 11:41 AM, Lo2022 said:

FYI  Practiced different types of energy work on and off for 2 years and never stayed consistent in their practice. That is not the way to practice Qi Gong or martial arts. Yes, one should practice Qi Gong daily for a large amount of time before benefits present themselves in their life. One can notice the energy level higher and higher by lifting weights from time to time. It is because the body's strength will be increased from diligent practice.

One managed to do Qigong every other day--for a month would have no biological effect on the body. 
The benefits of doing it every day over a long period of time will increase the energy level of the body. The body will be healthier and stronger.

Practice one type of Qi Qong is sufficient. It is not the more the better with more benefits. The body works the same way; no matter what method one practices. However, one must understand what Qi Gong is all about to be appreciated. Practicing Qi Gong Without knowing how it works will never gain health benefits, even after ten years.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Neirong said:

@ChiDragon A lot of people naively think that having more money and more energy will solve all their issues in life.

Yes, I agree.
Having more and more energy will not solve all the issues in life. However, it will solve all the health problems in the body. How people want to use their energy is a different story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What are the benefits as we accumulate more and more energy?
I think the real question lies here. The benefits are makes one breathe better with more oxygen intake. Increase the energy level. As a result, increases the immune system. Less chance of getting a cold. Resist colder temperatures in a winter environment. Overall, makes one a healthier and better person.

Traditional people say the energy was accumulated without any scientific knowledge. The body generates energy and the energy cannot be stored or accumulated. The energy is generated by the mitochondria in the body cells by cell respiration. The greater number of mitochondria in the cells will generate more energy. The number of mitochondria will increase from the slight contraction of the muscle from the Qi Goong exercise. Lots of people do not realize why Qi Gong practitioners raise and lower their hands slowly for that purpose. The most important thing is breathing in Qi Gong.  Qi Gong breathing has to be done slowly, long, and deeply. Without it, then, it wouldn't be considered Qi Gong.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

On 23/09/2023 at 6:10 PM, Neirong said:

If you don't feel and observe benefits after a few months of practice, it is kind of silly to think they will come after ten years of doing the very same method.

For some practices , but for others I have found the reverse to be true . One meditation , for example, I did it for  a looooong period and got some benefit , but I was very surprised at the results after years long practice ...  if I had been told what the results would be at the beginning of the practice , I would have scoffed at it .

of course there are some that lack potency and impact .

Some techniques may lack potency and impact.

Indeed , it is where and how we direct our energy .

Thats why one should study  and develop, alongside of 'energetic practices'  some type of 'ethics' .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also think some practices are more suited to some individuals  ( types ) than others and they might be the ones that give more results .

On the other hand , perhaps one really needs a  specific 'remedy'  ( practice ) but the self resists it , nullifying or lessening  the results .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 28.09.2023 at 7:40 AM, Nungali said:

For some practices , but for others I have found the reverse to be true . One meditation , for example, I did it for  a looooong period and got some benefit , but I was very surprised at the results after years long practice ...  if I had been told what the results would be at the beginning of the practice , I would have scoffed at it .

of course there are some that lack potency and impact .

If a person always knows what to expect and what is going to happen, chances are there is no development at all, but pure imagination work at play of counting hours practiced into virtual progress inside a delusional realm.

Learning is about unveiling the unknown, if you "learn" something obvious and predictable, it is not the same as if you learn something new and add new qualities and pieces of knowledge to yourself.

I find that a lot of students and teachers, are omitting the exploration part of the path. Some are dismissive, and some are scared of the unknown.
Good methods would teach something you don't know, pick the skills you never had, show you something you never seen or experienced before.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Neirong said:

If a person always knows what to expect and what is going to happen, chances are there is no development at all, but pure imagination work at play of counting hours practiced into virtual progress inside a delusional realm.

May I ask what kind of past experience you have to make such a conclusion?  What was your method have you practiced not knowing the outcome but you have good results?

13 hours ago, Neirong said:

Good methods would teach something you don't know, pick the skills you never had, show you something you never seen or experienced before.

Most methods are good. However, some do not know how to practice it. It may not be doing any good at all.

I have practiced Taiji for years since I was 25 years old. That's all I know it was good for my health. So, I  practiced. After so many years, I still get a cold during the winter seasons. Every time I sneeze a couple of times followed by a cold. Especially Thanksgiving a few years in the roll. I was really sick with a cold. I had to skip the Thanksgiving dinner at my mother's house. Then, I realized I wasn't focusing on my breathing enough. It was because I wasn't told and found out the hard way by searching on the internet. Now-a-day I practice more focus on breathing and have good results. Even though I sneeze a few times, I don't get sick anymore in the last few years. 

The key is to know what "sink chi to the dan tien(氣沉丹田)" meant. 

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Neirong said:

Sorry , I was with you for the first part of that sentence , but then , for me, the syntax broke down and the sentence sorta went into some obscurity of meaning   ???

Learning is about unveiling the unknown, if you "learn" something obvious and predictable, it is not the same as if you learn something new and add new qualities and pieces of knowledge to yourself.

No, of course not .  BUT there is also another dynamic of understanding something you already knew in a deeper and broader way  and realizing unknown implications it has and changes it may bring about . There are levels of revelation as well . For example in Australian indigenous teachings ; they start as simple 'kids stories' , many of them , they call that 'kindergarten level' , and sometimes they seem simple and hold lessons we have all heard before and know of .... but they are a lot deeper and as one goes through the levels of meaning and application to them, eventually one gets to a 'shamanic teaching' level ... where they are very significant to one's development and life

I find that a lot of students and teachers, are omitting the exploration part of the path. Some are dismissive, and some are scared of the unknown.

Yeah .... some walk down the path 'unknowing'  just  wanting to get to the (imagined )  tape across the 'finish line ' . Coming back to the indigenous  .... walking along a  path with them ... a path through the forest that is  ... some of the group took off , had to wait for us , when we caught up with them they  " What took you so long ? "  My teacher  smiled and said nothing , I responded ;

" We was dawdling  "  (  :)  )

- actually ,  I was observing  plants, and processes, asking questions  , and got a botany , bush food and bush medicine lesson . 

:)

In my case , I got meditations and practices to do ( initially, years back ) which seemed averse and strange to what I felt I should do  ...., thank God ! ... they where of course  recommended to me to balance my ' natural inclinations '  ... some where very 'solar ' .... after a while, I realised how 'Luna' I had been ... for a long time .

3 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

May I ask what kind of past experience you have to make such a conclusion?  What was your method have you practiced not knowing the outcome but you have good results?

Most methods are good. However, some do not know how to practice it. It may not be doing any good at all.

I have practiced Taiji for years since I was 25 years old. That's all I know it was good for my health. So I so practiced. After so many years, I still get a cold during the winter seasons. Every time I sneeze a couple of times followed by a cold. Especially Thanksgiving a few years in the roll. I was really sick with a cold. I had to skip the Thanksgiving dinner at my mother's house. Then, I realized I wasn't focusing on my breathing enough. It was because I wasn't told and found out the hard way by searching on the internet. Now-a-day I practice more focus on breathing and have good results. Even though I sneeze a few times, I don't get sick anymore in the last few years. 

The key is to know what "sink chi to the dan tien(氣沉丹田)" meant. 

Curious  that  ^   I have always noticed this for years on end ;

I dont get colds flu covid nasties stuff ... for over 10 years . I dont have a healthy life style , smoke like a chimney  and are lazy . Some of the other guys I used to train with look healthy are younger trimmer , have good diets ... ya know, they finda have that youthful glow ... every time a colds or flu go through town , they get sick as dogs  hacking coughing , cant breathe properly , cant train and sometimes cant go to work . One is a tai chi instructor and health and sports medicine guy, he seems the most susceptible .

However , if we all ran up the nearby hill , I would be pooped and they, I am sure would be well ahead of me  ( then my hip or back would probably give out   :D  ) 

Strangely , I  can often best them as well in bouts , seem to think more inovatively and not get pooped like they do  .... they get exhausted and say they need to finish up for the day .... I ask why and they say 'Well we been going three hours ! "   Me :  'Really !  That long .... seemed like 1 hour " .... come to think of it , I think they might all got some dose of covid at some stage ?   But I did notice this to some extent before covid started  ... esopecially with the most healthful looking , the tai chi guy  .... flu bugs seemed magnetically attracted to him . he asked me why I dont get sick ..... " I am a smoker ... anything that goes in that environment  ( my lungs ) ... dies . "

?

• Like 1

Accumulation is a practice. Integration is a goal. But what does integration mean... what is next ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

One is a tai chi instructor and health and sports medicine guy, he seems the most susceptible .

8 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

.....I realized I wasn't focusing on my breathing enough. It was because I wasn't told and found out the hard way by searching on the internet. Now-a-day I practice more focus on breathing and have good results. 

8 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

You are exceptional in this case. Your immune system is excellent. Anyone can practice Taiji for years and wonder why there were no biological changes in the body. Some practice with a cigarette in the mouth, and some do it without proper breathing. The key to practicing Taiji is to have the breathing coordinate with the movements, and the movements coordinate with the breathing. Therefore, if this is omitted, then, one will not succeed in having the benefits from the practice. 

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1