beyondnzt48

Semen retention debunked

5 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Keeping them in cigars and whisky? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great convo :)

Edit: aha took me a second to catch your implication.  Yeah they're both run successful schools and are good at their respective arts, and a lot of people find that controversial for some reason 😅

Edited by Wilhelm

18 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Edit: and I should mention as a follow up to my first post - freeform doesn't sell seminars 😂 but if he changes his mind on this I hope he hits me up

Just a little preview of what my seminars would be like…

tony-robbins-excited.gif

shaolin-kung-fu.gif

tony-robbins-clap.gif

ForkedSpotlessAsianelephant-max-1mb.gif

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952vk36a27wtnc1xbdb48w

testicles-lifting.gif

GRqMzZ.gif

20190607_092543_002_3.gif

• Haha 2

sign me up 

1 hour ago, freeform said:

tony-robbins-excited.gif
shaolin-kung-fu.gif

tony-robbins-clap.gif

testicles-lifting.gif

GRqMzZ.gif

sign me up.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Yeah they're both run successful schools and are good at their respective arts, and a lot of people find that controversial for some reason 😅

Can't help myself, I've seen my share of the successful online school biz.

Anyway, each to their own...

I'm going to do my nei gong, then take some smack. Might post a YouTube vid of me and my mate nodding out after :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Yeah they're both run successful schools and are good at their respective arts, and a lot of people find that controversial for some reason 😅

My Buddhist teacher teaches almost nothing but meditative practice… no Dharma… No discourse… very rarely does he talk - but when he does, it’s always worth listening to.

He teaches the two most important virtuous qualities…

Metta (kindness) and Mudita (appreciation).

Mudita is the pure appreciation of others success or their gain.

As beings born into the material realm, we’re invariably imperfect (you could say that we’re born in the material realm because we’re imperfect)…

But kindness and appreciative joy are the most ‘perfect’ of the virtues we’re capable of right now - no transformation, or growth necessary - they’re available to us right now (unlike things like compassion which most people are incapable of)… and these virtuous qualities reverberate across all realms of existence - from the highest heavenly realms to the lowest hell realms - their power is appreciated by all beings.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dino said:

sign me up 

sign me up.

My Buddhist teacher teaches almost nothing but meditative practice… no Dharma… No discourse… very rarely does he talk - but when he does, it’s always worth listening to.

He teaches the two most important virtuous qualities…

Mudita is the pure appreciation of others success or their gain.

As beings born into the material realm, we’re invariably imperfect (you could say that we’re born in the material realm because we’re imperfect)…

But kindness and appreciative joy are the most ‘perfect’ of the virtues we’re capable of right now - no transformation, or growth necessary - they’re available to us right now (unlike things like compassion which most people are incapable of)… and these virtuous qualities reverberate across all realms of existence - from the highest heavenly realms to the lowest hell realms - their power is appreciated by all beings.

5 hours ago, freeform said:

tony-robbins-excited.gif

shaolin-kung-fu.gif

tony-robbins-clap.gif

testicles-lifting.gif

GRqMzZ.gif

im

about ready to sign up!  Had me at tony but the concrete rock, D swinging and ball dangling really sealed the deal for me! 

Edited by Takingcharge
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Takingcharge said:

Had me at tony but the concrete rock, D swinging and ball dangling really sealed the deal for me! 

But not the beating up little kids part!?!

You have a lot to learn my friend!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Can't help myself, I've seen my share of the successful online school biz.

Anyway, each to their own...

I'm going to do my nei gong, then take some smack. Might post a YouTube vid of me and my mate nodding out after :D

Fair enough sir 🙏

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I'm going to do my nei gong, then take some smack. Might post a YouTube vid of me and my mate nodding out after :D

A cultivator friend of mine got good at fa qi coz it meant he could remove the intoxicating properties of booze whenever he was dragged out for celebratory drinks by his school.

Sounds like a terrible waste to me 😁

Not sure it would work for smack though! 

• Haha 1

But not the beating up little kids part!?!

Mastery of dangling breezeblocks from the balls is important, but – needless to say – this is what really grabbed me.

I bow before the attainment of a true cultivator of Ow!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, freeform said:

But kindness and appreciative joy are the most ‘perfect’ of the virtues we’re capable of right now - no transformation, or growth necessary - they’re available to us right now (unlike things like compassion which most people are incapable of)…

Interesting post. I see what you're getting at.

I suppose we all approach this stuff differently.

But it's kind of like: you aim for 10%, you're maybe going to end up with 4 or 5? But if you aim for 100%, maybe you'll attain 40 or 50...

And speaking personally, something really profound happened to me over the last week or so. Like an illumination (don't want to get too spiritual on y'all :lol:). It's like I suddenly "got" compassion: actually felt what it meant and how it could apply to every aspect of life. So for me right now, it's compassion that feels like the virtue most worth pursuing.

As an aside, I'd like to sincerely thank everyone contributing to this forum over the last few weeks. The various exchanges have helped me see that Buddhism may be about to play a much bigger part in my life. :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Mastery of dangling breezeblocks from the balls is important, but – needless to say – this is what really grabbed me.

I bow before the attainment of a true cultivator of Ow!

That, sir, qualifies you for the highest tier of workshops I offer… but life changing workshops like this command life changing tuition fees 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

It's like I suddenly "got" compassion: actually felt what it meant and how it could apply to every aspect of life. So for me right now, it's compassion that feels like the virtue most worth pursuing.

Something I aspire to one day!

In my opinion only fully realised beings are capable of it.

Until then kindness.

(And an IRON CROTCH!)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, freeform said:

Something I aspire to one day!

In my opinion only fully realised beings are capable of it.

Until then kindness.

OK. I wasn't meaning to be presumptuous at all, sorry if it came over like that.

Just that compassion has taken on new meaning for me lately – if only on my base, microcosmic level.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

OK. I wasn't meaning to be presumptuous at all, sorry if it came over like that.

Just that compassion has taken on new meaning for me lately – if only on my base, microcosmic level.

Not at all. 

I also don’t mean to downplay your experience at all. 

The experience of Compassion tends to touch us at special moments…

What I admire is those rare few who embody compassion with their entire being - ceaselessly… whether times are good or bad… whether the circumstances are offering up unbearable pain or moments of peace.

That’s what I aspire to :) 

I’m glad you’re shooting for that too 🙏🏼

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Can't help myself, … I'm going to … take some smack. …

:o Should we stage an intervention? :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, freeform said:

How about love? I always understood metta as loving-kindness, and always with the emphasis on opening the heart. What is meant by love in your view - or that of your tradition? :)  

Perhaps it's the Buddhist in me... but love feels incredibly exalted to me. It seems the buddhist sutras agree with that... 

Thus have I heard:

On one occasion the Blessed One was living near Savatthi at Jetavana at Anathapindika's monastery. Then he addressed the monks saying, "Monks." — "Venerable Sir," said the monks, by way of reply. The Blessed One then spoke as follows:

"Monks, eleven advantages are to be expected from the release (deliverance) of heart by familiarizing oneself with thoughts of loving-kindness (metta), by the cultivation of loving-kindness, by constantly increasing these thoughts, by regarding loving-kindness as a vehicle (of expression), and also as something to be treasured, by living in conformity with these thoughts, by putting these ideas into practice, and by establishing them. What are the eleven?

1. "He sleeps in comfort.

2. He awakes in comfort.

3. He sees no evil dreams.

4. He is dear to human beings.

5. He is dear to non-human beings.

6. Devas (gods) protect him.

7. Fire, poison, and sword cannot touch him.

8. His mind can concentrate quickly.

9. His countenance is serene.

10. He dies without being confused in mind.

11. If he fails to attain arahantship (the highest sanctity) here and now, he will be reborn in the brahma-world.

"These eleven advantages, monks, are to be expected from the release of heart by familiarizing oneself with thoughts of loving-kindness, by cultivation of loving-kindness, by constantly increasing these thoughts, by regarding loving-kindness as a vehicle (of expression), and also as something to be treasured, by living in conformity with these thoughts, by putting these ideas into practice and by establishing them."

So said the Blessed One. Those monks rejoiced at the words of the Blessed One."

• Like 4

I'm switching from semen retention to opinion retention.  After years of compulsive opinionation my brain is getting a little fried, so it's time.  Day One...

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, anshino23 said:

How about love? I always understood metta as loving-kindness, and always with the emphasis on opening the heart. What is meant by love in your view - or that of your tradition? :)  

Yeah it is loving-kindness… and there are metta practices - like sharing merits and stuff like that.

My teacher emphasised the act of kindness first and foremost.

Kind action reverberates most strongly… kind words, kind thoughts, a loving attitude - all very much secondary…

Better to do the kind thing, even if you don’t feel love in your heart.

It’s something anyone can do - and it pays immediate dividends.

Make a kind gesture for someone and delight in their gain - even better :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, freeform said:

Better to do the kind thing, even if you don’t feel love in your heart.

You've mentioned elsewhere too the act of being kind even if you don't want to. Is there something to being kind even if you don't want to? Your emphasis is not in vain I am certain :) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, -_sometimes said:

You've mentioned elsewhere too the act of being kind even if you don't want to. Is there something to being kind even if you don't want to? Your emphasis is not in vain I am certain :) 

Yes - it may even better to be kind especially if you don’t want to :) 

I guess from the Buddhist perspective you could say that being kind in the face of aversion is an act of transforming one’s karma…

But you could also just think of it as a way of working on your conditioned responses… it’s easy to be kind when the circumstances are supportive of it… but when they’re not - and you’re kind anyway, that action reverberates on a deeper level - with more power.

I should also add that kindness in this way is a skilful action… in that there are more and less skilful ways of being kind (but even unskillful kindness is of benefit).

Sometimes kindness can look a little harsh… it’s not always soft and gentle and sweet… just as you might reprimand a child harshly for their own good… this is where the skilfulness comes in.

Karuna or compassion is different in that it’s like a light that casts no shadow - no skilful means necessary as it operates at a higher level… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know when I was Christian I thought it was a sin to touch myself. I was celibate from basically age 13 to like 24. Moral of the story was I was very depressed and when I got married people said I looked better. If I knew zero about anything and had to go by life experience alone I would say semen retention doesn’t work. Besides you just get wet dreams because the body is trying to get that stuff out I presume for a fresh stock.

what I wonder mixing life experience with religious concepts is what if it is metaphorical. What if like in the gospel of Mary of Magdala the adultery is that from self. If your are not cheating on yourself you are able to pull in more of your true self from spirit and have less blockages which is really other people’s burdens and belief systems which clog up your system because they are not in attunement with you. For this reason I can care less about any form of semen retention. And as I type that both of my walls make a noise at me… whatever that is about I have no idea. 

Muhammad Ali did semen retention to make himself aggressive. This way he would fight better. As I say that a third pop. Lol maybe some of you all should do it. Idk 

Edited by Frop