No reply given.

Edited by Cobie

15 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

…  in Burma. …

:lol: Gullibility tends to increase with distance. :P 

Edited by Cobie

Elixir poisoning:

14 hours ago, Cobie said:

“In Chinese history, the alchemical practice of concocting elixirs of immortality from metallic and mineral substances began circa the 4th century BCE in the late Warring states period, reached a peak in the 9th century CE Tang dynasty when five emperors died, and, despite common knowledge of the dangers, elixir poisoning continued until the 18th century Qing dynasty.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_alchemical_elixir_poisoning 

Edited by Cobie

WARNING:

Toxic metals and minerals, can cause irreversible damage to your body. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

What where your findings?

I’ve had various external alchemical preparations (there are many)… some I felt little… some felt like the kind of strong transmissions I’d get from advanced teachers :)

External alchemy is still very much alive and being practiced.

There’s a lot more to it than mixing substances. 

Not just in Burma either.

A lot of the known teachers use various ‘pills’ to generate their qi to very high levels… that’s also an aspect of external alchemy (non-standard herbology).

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, freeform said:

I’ve had various external alchemical preparations … 

What were the ingredients?

… [blah-blah] …

The rest of your post is unsubstantiated.  

Edited by Cobie

By the way - no one is saying you should be consuming toxic metals @Cobie

This is not something you do lightly - it takes a lot of trust (two way trust)…

There are many reasons to poison an emperor (to make him immortal is near the bottom of the list)

Things aren’t quite as simple as a Wikipedia article :) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cobie said:

What were the ingredients?

The rest of your post is unsubstantiated.  

My favourite thing in the world is to change the mind of a materialist cynic…

Oh wait - no it’s not :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, freeform said:

… trust … Things aren’t quite as simple 

Definitely “things aren’t quite as simple” when a gullible person meets a callous libertine. 

Edited by Cobie

16 minutes ago, freeform said:

… [blah-blah + ad hominem] …

(the question was: What were the ingredients?)  No reply given.

Edited by Cobie

1 hour ago, freeform said:

My favourite thing in the world is to change the mind of a materialist cynic…

Oh wait - no it’s not :) 

I actually dont even know why I wasted my time replying. I wont repeat the same mistake

keyhole-eye.jpg

The picture sums it up nicely :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, freeform said:

I’ve had various external alchemical preparations (there are many)… some I felt little… some felt like the kind of strong transmissions I’d get from advanced teachers :)

External alchemy is still very much alive and being practiced.

There’s a lot more to it than mixing substances. 

Not just in Burma either.

A lot of the known teachers use various ‘pills’ to generate their qi to very high levels… that’s also an aspect of external alchemy (non-standard herbology).

Ah yes, teacher sometimes offered 'tea' to those that wanted it,

interesting experiences.

• Like 4

anyone know how wang liping makes them fireballs glow with his alchemy? The story about making hadoukens is  in Dragongate taoist gate wizard book. But how do you do it?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pyramidalcow said:

anyone know how wang liping makes them fireballs glow with his alchemy? The story about making hadoukens is  in Dragongate taoist gate wizard book. But how do you do it?

He probably gets asked about it a lot, but I haven't seen it in any public interviews.  The fella this thread is about put up another video explaining a similar (if less spectacular) skill:

https://youtu.be/snXtbm1VJE0

• Like 2

I have no experience with Waidan, but from what I know of it, it walks a fine line between poison and medicine.

Why would Waidan masters impart their full knowledge to an emperor? 

The reasons are far fewer than fraudsters that would have reasons to poison them.

Meaning, fraudsters most likely promised the emperor an elixir of immortality without fully preparing him to succeed.

Waidan should transmute poison into medicine to accomplish the same things as Neidan. From what my teacher has said, Neidan is safer but still dangerous, dating back thousands of years, much earlier than any histories would state.

In any sort of alchemy, there should always be fusion of Yin and Yang for a higher substance. 

For external alchemy, it only makes sense that poison and medicine fuse together. Any substance that enters the body falls somewhere on the spectrum between poison and medicine. Hence, the danger. Waidan toes this line by playing with poisons to make medicine. Medicine is contained within poison. And vice-versa.

If the pills and elixirs were made properly and the body prepared, these substances could form a supreme medicine to transform the practitioner in preparation for the Dan or elixir.

For example, 

A pill to open channels could be made and ingested.

Same with a pill to replenish the Yuan Jing.

A practice could be put into place to refine the Yuan Jing to Yuan Qi.

A pill could be made to initiate the refinement of Yuan Shen.

The ultimate Dan Pill could be taken after the necessary preparatory work was done to establish the elixir.

How are these pills made? An important question. Combinations of different physical and energetic substances. Energies from the stars. Energies from the body of the practitioner. Maybe more things.

But, I think how they are taken is equally important. 

It’s  not so simple as finding the legendary Dan pill and taking it to achieve immortality. 

There is a progression to follow and different ways in which to accomplish it. If a Dan pill appeared before you and you ate it without knowing the proper prerequisites, you would die. There are always milestones and small achievements to be had.

In any case, back to the topic, Brine has good content, but I do not think it leads all the way to the elixir. It certainly can lead far though and is better than many other sources. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by MetaDao
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MetaDao said:

I have no experience with Waidan, but from what I know of it, it walks a fine line between poison and medicine.

Why would Waidan masters impart their full knowledge to an emperor? 

Waidan should transmute poison into medicine to accomplish the same things as Neidan. From what my teacher has said, Neidan is safer but still dangerous and dates back just as far if not further than Waidan.

The first statement is true. Waidan(外丹) is the composition of medicine done externally. The final product is a big pill given to the emperor for longevity. The emperor has no knowledge of what is in the pills. The emperor hires a Taoist and rewarded him with gold and silver. In return, the emperor gets weaker day by day and the Taoist gets richer. 

FYI Waidan(外丹) like it says is external.  The idea is to take something external to accomplish what Neidan(內丹) would have had. In contrarily, Neidan like it says is internal that does not involve any external ingredients. Actually, Neidan is a form of Qigong that involves breathing only. Assuming that the internal ingredients of jing(精), chi(氣), and shen(神) are interacting inside the body to accomplish longevity. The reason the Taoists go from external to internal was that the Waidan caused death more than what was intended to accomplish. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

The first statement is true. Waidan(外丹) is the composition of medicine done externally. The final product is a big pill given to the emperor for longevity. The emperor has no knowledge of what is in the pills. The emperor hires a Taoist and rewarded him with gold and silver. In return, the emperor gets weaker day by day and the Taoist gets richer. 

FYI Waidan(外丹) like it says is external.  The idea is to take something external to accomplish what Neidan(內丹) would have had. In contrarily, Neidan like it says is internal that does not involve any external ingredients. Actually, Neidan is a form of Qigong that involves breathing only. Assuming that the internal ingredients of jing(精), chi(氣), and shen(神) are interacting inside the body to accomplish longevity. The reason the Taoists go from external to internal was that the Waidan caused death more than what was intended to accomplish. 

Yep. Mostly true. Neidan doesn’t just involve breathing though. And it is pre-heaven in nature, which is the difference between it and Qigong.

And, yes, Waidan was more dangerous, which is why Neidan was favored. I know enough. I just cannot personally say I have interacted with a Waidan lineage. However, I understand the basic theory.

Edited by MetaDao
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mango said:

... The emperor has no knowledge of what is in the pills. … 

On 26/10/2022 at 11:12 AM, freeform said:

… it takes a lot of trust …

:lol: Duh :P

… the emperor gets weaker day by day …

Edited by Cobie

15 hours ago, Mango said:

.. The emperor hires a Taoist and rewarded him with gold and silver. …

:lol: Alchemy 101 - How to transform ‘lead’ into ‘gold’. 

1. Put ‘lead’ in pill. 2. Give pill to gullible Emperor. 3. Get gold in return :P

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Cobie said:

:lol: Alchemy 101 - How to transform ‘lead’ into ‘gold’. 

1. Put ‘lead’ in pill. 2. Give pill to gullible Emperor. 3. Get gold in return :P

I know of a few persons in Colorado and here in Santa Fe that tried to create the elixir of immortality with gold and other exotic substances. Miserable failures!!! :lol: 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, ralis said:

… Miserable failures!!! 

:lol: A harsh but fair judgement of these persons. :P 

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

On 26/10/2022 at 8:20 PM, freeform said:

… The reason you’re getting so much pushback is because … people … have damaged themselves … as a result of some dude’s wish to sell some books and courses. …

This is the intended spirit of my posts to you. :) 

… practices … from a weird period in Chinese history. …

So too is using ‘mercury’.

… a Daoist label made it seem legit.

So too does claiming a ‘lineage’. 

… sexual urges and power urges… and guess what’s one of the best ways to satisfy both of those?

Get some students! You can fuck a bunch of them… and the rest you can control and use for income!

In the early 80sh, I knew all this about some of the ‘teachers’ of the generation before me.

This is a really sad, shady aspect of modern ‘Daoism’ - and really you’re better off not getting involved at all.

:lol: In retrospect we are all very wise. :P 

In the early 80sh, I attended workshops by Mantak Chia. At the time he was widely trusted. 

On 26/10/2022 at 11:12 AM, freeform said:

… it takes a lot of trust … 

Just like now you trust your teacher.

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 4:39 AM, Cobie said:

Elixir poisoning:

Ah shit.  Better pack it in, fellas!  The internet said alchemy is bad for you.LnBuZw

• Haha 3