Aether

Primordial God Body Cultivation

7 hours ago, Aether said:

Ya problem is they wont say it to your face. They feel safe behind their keyboards so they think they can say whatever they want. Keyboard warriors.

And yes, there are keyboard warriors out there as well.

10 hours ago, Nungali said:

Guess what , our whole justice and policing system just went out the window in Queensland

" Thousands of criminals may have got away with murder, rape, sexual assault and other crimes because of a DNA testing bungle, a bombshell inquiry has found. "

I wonder how many people are effed up because of this one !

And guess why !     And they say testing  has been less rigorous in that state than the others here !

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/oct/02/science-justice-and-revelations-from-queenslands-inquiry-into-forensic-dna-testing

I honestly wanted to write a book about some of the stuff Ive seen...if it wasn't going to be immediately dismissed by the "fact checkers" who actually don't know the facts or shouted down by the hive mind. I probably would. Give it a little more time however, these people are terribly bad at hiding their tracks.

The problem with research is that it has become a commodity akin to the poorest quality of crap you'd find in the depths of alibaba which takes forever to ship and falls apart upon removing it from the package when it finally arrives

But it sure does look nice in the picture that enticed you to buy it ;)

Its all about quantity, publish or perish....good replication (a cornerstone of actual science) is nonexistent, and volume increases as quality constantly decreases (its pretty much at zero now imo). It is all a facade literally. The money at stake here is ASTRONOMICAL, hence the network of lies runs very deep.

What academia is now is akin to what the catholic church was....its basically organized religion revamped...the governments and MNC;s then use this "irrefutable proof" which they actually manipulate, distort and twist to suit their agenda and missions to direct the masses. Hence, we have scientism 

I would happily discuss this at length with anyone who wishes to probe the topic out of interest

There are a few scientists who genuinely try to do the right thing...but press them enough, they'd confirm everything I've said...Hell when I confronted my HOD and faculty member before I exited stage left regarding the amount of lies spread over the last few years from "reputable institutions" including the one I was based at...radio silence. 

Why? Because they care more about a big fat paycheck, a few more letters and accolades after their name and the social capital that comes with being considered an "expert"....as opposed to the search for truth....which is what science should really be about

But hey, this is what happens when you take a good thing (a method) and turn it into a dogmatic belief system (a bad thing). I cringe every time someone asks me for peer reviewed evidence...then I try to be compassionate because they know no better than the indoctrination they were born into, like so many others. 

There was even a time I was considering bringing people into a  lab and testing out  "abilities" . I soon reconsidered...that's pandoras box right there...and that one box that needs to stay firmly closed.

300px-Pandorasbox.JPG

In my opinion a good fast is the best elixir to cultivate our body and soul :D

1 hour ago, Shadow_self said:

… What academia is now is ....its basically organized religion …

"irrefutable proof" which they actually manipulate, distort and twist to suit their agenda …

we have scientism

(my highlighting)

I think so too.

Edited by Cobie

21 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

This explains the noodles on wall at least

Heres a friendly piece of advice. Id stop reading so much if I was you.

You will not find the truth in a book @Aether

I'm not saying it because I'm some sage guru or ascended being. I'm saying it because I wasted enough of my time doing the same thing, and hate to see others do it.

It is a dead end.

Books are useful to augment things as you are going through them...not so much prior to it however.

Go find a teacher of these arts if you really want to understand them...It is your best bet

what kind of teacher do you mean?

2 minutes ago, Cobie said:

What, according to you, is the soul?

the mind

7 minutes ago, Kojiro said:

the mind

Thanks for your answer. 

Edited by Cobie

3 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Teacher of esoteric/internal arts of course

do you know some who is trustful and wise?

Edited by Kojiro

1 minute ago, Kojiro said:

do you know some who is trustful?

The issue isnt so much if someone is trustful

The issue is do people expect results at the speed of an email, or are they willing to put in the hours and hours and hours of practice to get skill and then achieve certain things.

If they are....there are plenty of suggestions across the website, including this thread

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kojiro said:

but what goals can you achieve through this esoteric path?

Id worry about getting on a path first...

Building foundation can take you a number of different places depending on your preferences, aims, and access to teachings, but without foundations you wont need to be worried about where...because you wont be getting anywhere :)

Hope that makes sense

I see very little reason to be hostile to this poster. Most of you are bullying him now, specifically Nungali. For such practicing cultivators you should be ashamed of your behavior. 

His physics is mostly correct. I agree, he probably shouldn't be giving practice instructions, but this type of alternative information is what these forums are for. Even if it is just book knowledge, there is value in that. 

This toxicity is discouraging, and should be stopped. If he is incorrect beyond a doubt, a simple explanation should be enough. Not repeated posts bullying him (or her). More people should stand up against this type of behavior. 

Edit to include this reminder about civility: 

Edited by searcher7977
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

But by all means, let Lizard Lady stay! She does look kinda hot... 😉

Wait a minute ......  you  havent been doing it with lizard lady aliens have you !

FSVB9wSJ3Bm13vI3geFZzfacjw5E4fjHaAnAq87g

You might be Aether's father !  

Now don't be nitpicking please. 🙄

By the way, I can't help thinking that the word 'period' must imply something periodically recurring? Are people actually referring to a theory of cyclic time whenever they use the term? 🤔

Nowadays , when people use any term , it can mean anything they declare it should  .

You know the drill .

It came up the other day on my History Forum , but  there  people are not as used to it  as they are here - it caused a mixed reaction, mostly  WTF ???  but this chap summed it up excellently .  The whole thing is a great example of the spread of cognitive dissidence happening throughout the modern world at the moment    ( note  'the modern world '    ;)  )  .

An American is trying to argue that 'modernity' came from  .... you guessed it ...... the 'good ol' USA ' - like everything did , of course .... just ask your averagely educated American  :)  ....

The question was about  'Modernity ' though  ....

1: " Yea maybe there is a strict period "modernity", but I always considered something modern for example as the newest cutting edge thing. It is kinda timeless. And I think most people understand it this way. "

2;  Response ;  " Yes they do ..... understand 'something modern' that way . But this is specifically about modernity . I thought I already explained that and showed the definition ? image.gif.828f14fdf11e15735e378b02de760876.gif "

1. " This is what I consider "modern". ' .

2; "Okay.   It  is not what is considered 'modernity' though . It is an 'unusual ' word ( for most people ) so one assumes the OP used that term instead of the more common term and understanding ... for some reason ."

1;  "  But people should be free to choose their own definitions in this case.

( here we go  ! :rolleyes:  )

2; " the fact that you are arguing for a certain point of view , doesnt make you or anyone else that decides to insist on their own definitions, especially when they convolute them against accepted ones , automatically right . "

Then  number 3 enters .....   brilliant summing up of the problem !  ;

" "But people should be free to choose their own definitions..." is the very essence of Postmodernity.

The essence of 'Modernity' is the notion that with the twin tools of Science and Reason we humans can (eventually) figure out the fundamental truths and facts about the Universe and about ourselves. The enlightenment brought the reason part to the table; the scientific revolution beginning approximately the same time frame brought the 'science' part of it; both with a symbiotic relationship to each other.

Postmodernity rejects this notion in favor of it's own notion that there ARE NO absolute truths or facts; "truth" and Fact" are mere imaginary constructs .  If a person wants to believe that a dog turd is a lump of precious metal, then it's perfectly okay the hold that belief as one's own personal 'truth', meanwhile expecting the rest of us to cater to that person's delusions for the sake of not hurting the person's feelings."

If you are the Australian ping-pong champion, then I am...

QKNql4.jpg

"Warriors we must be." Elvis Presley

You  and your shirt .... needs a haircut .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Kojiro said:

but what goals can

you achieve through this esoteric path?

Man !     Know thyself  ! 

or, one could consider the are not yet perfect , hmmmmm ?

A little improvement perhaps ?      Could that be considered ? 

18 minutes ago, searcher7977 said:

I see very little reason to be hostile to this poster. Most of you are bullying him now, specifically Nungali and Cobie. For such practicing cultivators you should be ashamed of your behavior. 

Not in the least  !

Is a raven  ashamed of his behaviour ?  Does the head monk feel ashamed for whacking the lazy monk with his staff ?

Does Kung -fu Master feel ashamed when he beats up a student that began to think he can defeat anyone ?

I am wondering how YOU think a 'practising cultivator' should behave .... all the same , in some standard operational approved manner ?

His physics is mostly correct. I agree, he probably shouldn't be giving practice instructions, but this type of alternative information is what these forums are for. Even if it is just book knowledge, there is value in that. 

If you really read what he wrote , or indeed even read all  the comments here   ( did you  ? )   , and you STILL affirm the above .... you are just as bad .

If I insist that if you walk around a tree  while touching it the tree will die , and then you ask me about that and I refuse to answer but post more rubbish, excuse , diversion, then  moan and cry about being treated unfairly ..... would you feel the same ?  Would you say my physics is mostly correct ?

Or are you too precious to get a 'wake up '   slap as well ? 

This toxicity is discouraging, and should be stopped. If he is incorrect beyond a doubt, a simple explanation should be enough.

Of course it should , but he is using the age old tactics of writing BS, diverting , refusing to answer questions about it properly , cut and paste from crank sites .... etc etc .

Maybe you too are young or have not been around long enough to observe and see  these trends playing out ?

52 minutes ago, searcher7977 said:

… bullying … Cobie. …

A serious allegation indeed. So I went through the whole thread again and reread all of my posts. No bullying there imo. But if a moderator were to think otherwise, I would adjust my behaviour.

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

What, according to you, is the soul?

This deserves a thread of its own .

In the good old  daze of DBs  , a topic like that would garner various views from the learned of various traditions , and we would have a good eclectic  compendium of ideas coming together ... a resource to draw from .

Not in today's  'post-modernity '  world though .   Some people could start arguing that the soul is actually a modern day ocean going cruise ship and we would   be very nasty people if we did not allow them that right  of opinion . 

When I was actively teaching, that was my method :  basically, a big think tank , I would fire questions about THE central question and write up peoples ideas. concepts and  understandings on the board and we would examine them together .  Wacky stuff would get the 'group boot'  (and they had a wacky baseline to start ff with anyway ! ) .

Nowadays?   No chance , cant really explain much as people dont got no more 'comparative knowledge base ' inside their heads  - its now being stored outside their heads in IT systems .

Ummmm .... people, if you do not have a comparative intelligence/ information base happening inside your mind  then, you will begin to loose that ability, its as simple as that .

[  <checks the date >  ... now 5 days to go before the big revelation here   ( about the above sentence ) on national TV  ]

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cobie said:

A serious allegation indeed. So I went through the whole thread again and reread all my posts. No bullying there imo. But if a moderator were to think otherwise, I would adjust my behaviour.

Ah yes, but dont forget ... with this 'new consciousness'     :rolleyes:

Any word can mean whatever the person declaring its meaning is.  Or what I think it is, imagine it is ..... hallucinate what it is   .

If I see it as bullying .... I demand recognition of my viewpoint ! 

;)

30 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Not in the least  !

Is a raven  ashamed of his behaviour ?  Does the head monk feel ashamed for whacking the lazy monk with his staff ?

Does Kung -fu Master feel ashamed when he beats up a student that began to think he can defeat anyone ?

I am wondering how YOU think a 'practising cultivator' should behave .... all the same , in some standard operational approved manner ?

If you really read what he wrote , or indeed even read all  the comments here   ( did you  ? )   , and you STILL affirm the above .... you are just as bad .

If I insist that if you walk around a tree  while touching it the tree will die , and then you ask me about that and I refuse to answer but post more rubbish, excuse , diversion, then  moan and cry about being treated unfairly ..... would you feel the same ?  Would you say my physics is mostly correct ?

Or are you too precious to get a 'wake up '   slap as well ? 

Of course it should , but he is using the age old tactics of writing BS, diverting , refusing to answer questions about it properly , cut and paste from crank sites .... etc etc .

Maybe you too are young or have not been around long enough to observe and see  these trends playing out ?

You are not a raven, nor I imagine, a head monk, nor is this your student, nor has this person said anything about defeating anyone, nor any similar nonsense. I expect practicing cultivators to be respectful, or at least not disrespectful. Say, for instance like Bruce Frantzis, one of the more unlikeable popular teachers. Practice cultivates understanding and patience. Not hostility and anger. You talk like people in movies, and not like teachers in the real world. 

I was referring only to his talk about academic physics, such as newtonian and quantum mechanics, gravity, time, etc. He is correct. Ironically, it is something that I learned through the standard books taught in colleges and recommended by top modern physicists, which he seems to think are incorrect. 

I am not too precious to get slapped when sparing, if I am not sparing, but say am in a debate, then I will not take kindly to being slapped by strangers as you are vaguely threatening. 

I am saying a simple explanation should be enough, from you. Or else it reflects poorly, on you. If he deflects or doesn't answer questions, then end of story. But your method now introduces a dimension of condescending hostility and vitriol that makes this a worse place. Is it not enough for several people to give some good explanations of why its wrong and then be done? The future readers of the post will see that and move on. Instead, they have to wade through bs. I am not new here, just new to posting. I have also read many of the past posts and seen this stuff there as well. It is ridiculous. 

Edited by searcher7977
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, searcher7977 said:

… Its ridiculous. 

For that there is the ‘Ignored Users’ option. :) 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cobie said:

A serious allegation indeed. So I went through the whole thread again and reread all of my posts. No bullying there imo. But if a moderator were to think otherwise, I would adjust my behaviour.

I apologize, I misread one of your posts for one of Nungali's posts. I edited my message. You actually asked a question I thought was good, "what do you currently practice?" If OP doesn't really have a practice, his words are somewhat weightless here unfortunately. Even if he (or she) were one of those lucky people born like this, it would be hard to verify based on these posts alone. 

Again, I apologize. I will be more careful in the future. 

3 minutes ago, searcher7977 said:

You are not a raven,

No ? 

Do you know any thing about totemic consciousness ?

Doesnt matter ..... I might just leave this so this 'new consciousness' takes over .

nor I imagine, a head monk,

Sort of, for about 4 years .... more like an 'Abbot' . I had ultimate say on how things went  in our PH .   And members had rights  to stay and retreat there , depending on  their level ,  first order could visit and attend  events- max 3 days stay , unless I kicked them out *  . Second, depending on level,   various lengths of stay , and third order , virtually retirement rights .  No outsiders !

One exception , via the rules , all that is null if a pregnant woman , particularly, or a single Mum with young child / children needs refuge .

Yep , and this cranky old Abbot, 3 times gave up his own room for that purpose .... slept outside on the verandah I did .... in winter, with  extra clothes, 2 doonas s and wooly beenie  :)

*  for being untogether dickheads  ... so people here are not the only ones that complain about 'my approach '  , it happened with some (juniors)  in y own fraternity .

However , some people I have been associated with never ran into that side of me .... like those abandoned and discarded pregnant  about to be mothers hurled out into the world alone , or the refugees and  ex torture victims I helped in another area of my work , or the patients I helped nurse back to health , or the old people and the dying I put effort into giving them some comfort and companionship .

So yes,  I can seem  harsh .... on those that bitch and moan about unimportant trivialities .

nor is this your student, nor does has this person said anything about defeating anyone, nor any similar nonsense

Nor am I his student nor is anyone else .

Do you understand how an analogy i supposed to work ?

. I expect practicing cultivators to be respectful, or at least not disrespectful. Say, for instance like Bruce Frantzis, one of the more unlikeable popular teachers. 

Yes, thats a common expectation .... that  we expect certain behaviours off people .

My favourite Tibetan Lama  that came here for teaching ( yes, our centre was eclectic and hosted many teachers ), screamed at people while they where 'meditating ' - scared them out their wits .   Had a cutting wit , so clever , most did not realise they had been 'sliced up ' .

Some even wondered if he was a real lama  ... as he did not live up to their expectations  !  

I was referring only to his talk about academic physics, such as newtonian and quantam mechanics, gravity, time, etc. He is correct.

Why are yu ignoring all the other rubbish he wrote and defending him ?  Why are you ignoring the arts I acknowledged ?

I even gave him '  a steer '  about the silver, blood electrification,  a standing 3D pulsating fountain in a Tibetan singing bowl, and how to use a shaman drum as a Chaldini plate .

For ll we know, he might be looking up through the bottom of a shaman drum right now, with a sprinkling of fine river sand in it . while chanting Om Mani Padme Hum and observing the kaleidoscopic  changing mandala it produces  ....... or ignoring the whole thing .

Ironically, it is something that I learned through the standard books taught in colleges and recommended by top modern physicists, which he seems to think are incorrect. 

I am not too precious to get slapped when sparing, if I am not sparing, but say am in a debate, then I will not take kindly to being slapped by strangers as you are vaguely threatening. 

Am I . Or was I responding to some dick on the internet  suggesting that  WE   where only being the way I we where  because we are 'hiding behind a keyboard ' ?

If you think a similar slap does not happen in debate .... go read Socrates, Plato  ...... 

And dont go being so sensitive to 'Yo Momma'   dissin'   .... its also considered an 'art form'     

CheeryWetGallinule-size_restricted.gif

I am saying a simple explanation should be enough, from you. Or else it reflects poorly, on you. If he deflects or doesn't answer questions, then end of story. But your method now introduces a dimension of condescending hostility and vitriol that makes this a worse place. Is it not enough for several people to give some good explanations of why its wrong and then be done? The future readers of the post will see that and move on. Instead, they have to wade through bs. I am not new here, just new to posting. I have also read many of the past posts and seen this stuff there as well. Its ridiculous. 

yeah, okay .... thats fair enough , I can accept that when its put  sensibly and clearly that way .