shidoin

John Changs 1st Westerner student

So, Sean is there any chance that we will get to hear the truth about David Verdesi's credentials?

From which university and when exactly did D. Verdesi get his doctorate?

What was the subject and title of his thesis?

What academic area inside anthropology did he do his Ph. D. in? Medical anthropology, cultural anthropology?

It's also been stated that D. Verdesi is collaborating with the Chinese government as far as his forthcoming book is concerned. His masters are mentioned to be respectable members of the community holding official posts.

With which branch of the Chinese government does David Verdesi co-operate? The Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Culture? State Administration for Religious Affairs?

What kind of official positions do D. Verdesi's masters hold? And with which institutions?

Edited by Gamuret

"Badges, we don't need no stinking badges!"

This is your reply to the above questions?

The problem is that it was you and your teacher who started to advertise themselves as Dr. David Verdesi in order to further David Verdesi's position. The close affiliation of David Verdesi with the Chinese government is also frequently brought up in order to boost his repute. There were also many other means employed in order to give David Verdesi the veneer of a credible scholar. Did David Verdesi actually publish even one article in a peer-reviewed journal? If so which?

How you have been advertising David Verdesi as Dr. David Verdesi can best be seen at:

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20070219232715/...read=1168632483

Who is Dr. David Shen Verdesi?

Born in Rome, Dr. Verdesi has dedicated his life to the study of human potential, mainly through the Chinese tradition; ranging from Shamanism to the main schools of Daoism. From an early age he became fascinated with Chinese culture and spiritual practice. Disenchanted with the limited potential of formal education, he began traveling throughout Asia in his early teens and quickly gained access to the inner most circles of the Daoist community.

Might it not then be expected that you back up David Verdesi's claims with solid evidence and concrete, specific names?

I wouldn't insist so much on all these credentials, if you and David Verdesi were not using them to give the others the impression of profound erudition and that David Verdesi is being endorsed by official Chinese institutions.

G.

Edited by Gamuret

No, why would I. I certainly am not interested in sharing anything with you. Your an asshole. To the sincere people who have inquired privately, I have already answered. David holds numerous titles which he happily showed me and others. Wang Liping and his other teachers are not public figures, but their position remains regardless of what you or anyone thinks. It is of no consequesnce whether you believe me or not. As far as I'm concerned you and Buddy can go fuck eachother.

Why such a strong emotional reaction and the liberal use of profanity?

Is this the level of maturity that all students of David Verdesi possess?

Did I insult you in any way or your teacher? Tell me, why are you using insults instead of discussing in a productive manner?

What I inquired about should be publicly available information and since you are making claims in the public, it can be expected that you back up your and your teachers' claims.

I didn't ask anything personal about David Verdesi. But I am interested in his credentials.

G.

Edited by Gamuret

"It is of no consequesnce whether you believe me or not. As far as I'm concerned you and Buddy can go fuck eachother."

Hehehe. In typical lap dog fashion denty has had enough! Now the real ammunition comes out. denty will use harsh language if cornered. You are classic, denty.

I'm beginning to think it's David, not dear old dad denty's got the sneaker on for.

Edited by Buddy

Actually when I did my training I was taking classes from qigong master Chunyi Lin. My own research has established that what enables these abilities is harmonics and so what's called the "small universe" is the foundation practice because it's based on the 12 notes of the music scale but using the body-mind as the instrument.

So it's just VERY helpful to have a c.d. that guides your mind along these 12 points.

If you can sit in full-lotus -- 20 minutes of that is worth 4 hours of any other practice. But the small universe will enable you to sit in full-lotus.

Mantak Chia's first book, "Awakening the Healing Energy" is JUST on the microcosmic orbit -- or small universe -- with westerners reporting their experiences.

So that's a good book as well. I'm not trying to sell my own stuff and also if you are successful there's really no return to civilization.

The vagus nerve transduces serotonin from the stomach into the brain -- but it also transduces anerobic bacteria. This is why diet is so important -- fruit and green veggies.

I just eat whatever and therefore always need antiseptics for being an asshat! haha.

At least it's natural and best of all I feel LOVE and create LIGHT with my pineal gland -- meanwhile modern males are stuck in the left-brain-right hand mode, totally unable to have "staying power" to transform their sex energy into love-light.

Too bad, so sad. haha.

Obviously taking classes from a teacher who can transmit the energy makes the training much easier. When you meet a person who IS just like John Chang -- then it's totally mind-blowing.

Chunyi Lin heals people referred to him from the Mayo Clinic. So he is successful in treating late-term cancer, HIV positive, deafness, paralysis.

He fasts one day a week. Eats just a little veggie meal a day the rest of the week. He sat in a cave in full-lotus for a month with no food, no water and no sleep!

So is it worth $11 to buy his small universe level 1 meditation C.D.! Yes!! haha.

He teaches through Normandale Community College here in the Twin Cities and has his own healing center -- way out of the city, in a far suburb. He used to teach in the cities so I would bike to his classes.

He would cause my brain to burn up!! He would look into my body and cause one place to burn up with bliss-light!

I've seen him do amazing things and he's read my mind as well.

So it's very difficult to find a person like this and I took his classes for several years.

He said: Drew is a Healer. Then he said to me: I'll be keeping an eye on you.

He does long distance healing -- over the phone -- or just by knowing your name, age, sex and location.

His name means 'spring forest' -- that's why it's http://springforestqigong.com

He used to sell clearance tapes of the small universe for $3 but I guess they're out of those.

it's sad what this thread turned out to be, people on this forum talk about disintegrating the ego and such but we can't even have peaceful discussions

what a shame

Indeed, Mantis. I really don't know with what I offended Sean Denty so much.

And are my questions really so baseless, arrogant and insulting?

G.

Well I agree even though I'm a big part of the drama. I think when adults can stop wishing for super powers and concentrate on real techniques for spiritual advancement then it will happen. I just don't understand the suspension of disbelief by some. These sort of parlor tricks didn't work in the martial art community because of the obvious reasons.

G,

denty is typical in his worship. Anything that suggests he could be deluded upsets his current world view. Later, in his 40s, he'll be doing Pilates and be a zealot for that as well. These guys need a lifestyle, they can't be satisfied with a life. It's a need to belong.

How's that for pop-pych, denty?

Edited by Buddy

seandenty has said it over and over again the only purpose the demonstration has is to demonstrate you are at a certain level of ability so you can proceed in the system, nobody is wishing for any specific power here.

Tell me Sean with what have I offended you so much and why are you using foul language? Above all, why such an emotional reaction?

I hope we will one day get to know the answers about David Verdesi's credentials. It was you and your teacher who started with this i. e. presenting oneself as a credible scholar endorsed by official Chinese institutions etc.

You put yourself out there. Now walk the walk. Back up your claims about David Verdesi's credentials with solid names that can be verified.

G.

Edited by Gamuret

the problem with denty's answering over and over agian is that the demonstration is bullshit. So does that make the system bullshit?

"I mean it's true that we can't hold a Christain Saint or a Ramana Mahareishi to the same standard as a Taoist adept in the Lei Shan Dao; I mean we can't ask them to burn something to prove they are authentic. And I think that's important to recognize that we shouldn't expect it."

Oh I think we should hold everyone to the same standard. It's either real or not. But neither of the two examples given CLAIM super normal powers.

"I think maybe Buddy and maybe some others got offended because they perceive those on the other side of the discussion hold the position that "ALL" practices that don't include these abilities are bogus."

You think? I can't speak these supposed others but I am not offended by your hogwash. My point is that abilities are fake. I doubt other systems really want to be identified with that.

"No one is saying that. But, there is a catagory of practice, specifically several lines within the Taosit tradition, that do have these elements of objective tests and abilities as signs of progress."

Objective? I hardly think so.

"It's one thing to chime in and say, "Hey, I don't think this is real and here's why..." But just to keep posting this kind of harrassing attack and repeating the same tired shit when some people want to have a meaningful dialog just kind of stinks."

Well it's tough you don't like it. Provide some real objective proof beyond "because I say so.." Otherwise I'm going to show you guys for what you are, shuck and jive. A meaningful dialog for you is when everyone agrees with you.

You don't seem to get this part. If you are the one making the claims, it's not up to anyone else to DISPROVE them. The onus is on the claimant.

Edited by Buddy

Well, very well. I submit that it is horseshit. Show me the error of my ways. I believe that will prove impossible.

Edited by Buddy

I mean, if you are secure in your practice, then why do you need to make immature comments and boast about how great your Swami is or how fucked up the life line on someones's hand is?
huh? Are you trying to tell me something? :)

Buddy has faith based on his experience and understanding of reality, faith, not proof, that the aforementioned video is trickery.

SeanD has faith based on his experience and understanding of reality, faith, not proof, that it is real.

I don't think Buddy is going to believe anything unless it happens to himself in person. That's fine - but while he may lack the hard proof to say this vid or Jiang is real to him, he also lacks the proof to declare them fake.

Why not take an agnostic position if you simply don't know for a fact either way, then? I mean, is there any visible evidence within that video or hand blister pic to imply they were faked? If not, then what is your specific doubt based upon?