I believe that we are animals, and that we want sensual things.  I believe we do not immediately know how to act, or right from wrong.  I believe it is in our natures to do wrong if it suits our animal impulses.  I also believe that God gave us the mind to overcome these things.  I believe that God knows better than us, and I believe that God wants us to succeed, even after all I have been through.  I think the occult is a step back from the higher minded thought of other traditions, for they honor the animal and the sensual.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

I think the occult is a step back from the higher minded thought of other traditions, for they honor the animal and the sensual.

that's the left hand path

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel said:

that's the left hand path

Nah ... its just another misplaced definition of the occult . The occult is very general concept    and many paths considered occult do not honour the animal and the sensual at all .

A good system acknowledges we are an animal and that  the sensual has influence on us  but does not forget the spiritual aspect ... and likewise , does not consider us wholly spiritual but recognises our animal / sensual nature  ..... and therefore  SHOULD come up with a way of dealing with this .

Historically, that way was via initiation  ;  essentially , if we strip off all the temporal  and locational  cultural clutter - across all societies and times , initiation is essentially a gradual process of leading the human animal , into a developed member of a tribe society or culture .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helpfuldemon said:

I believe it is in our natures to do wrong if it suits our animal impulses.

Fortunately the standard human is also equipped with higher chakras