Sign in to follow this  
rsalazar

Neigong on History Channel

This is an interesting clip from a series on the History Channel "The Proof is Out There"

I cannot vouch for the practitioner, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen the whole episode and if so, what was the title of the episode?

Notes in the video indicate this is a bonus clip from Season 2, "Ancient Alien Carvings and Bigfoot 'Shrooms" but I would have thought this would have been a stand alone episode. 

Has anyone  run into this practitioner or know which school he is associated with?

just a quick reminder that this stuff is super easy to fake. 

Very common trick. 

These devices you can buy on Aliexpress for like $10.

There are many variations - with some advanced ones that are really small. They’re usually hidden on the body… in shoes… or even on the floor/within massage tables (sometimes even in the body, I’ve heard)

Funny thing is that in fact it’s quite similar to real fa qi… but there are some key differences.

They're even used by teachers with genuine fa qi skill - coz it doesn’t take any qi and allows them to consistently perform the trick and make money without depleting themselves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh my god! Yikes... what a time to be alive. Imagine chasing some guy and cowtowing to him for years on end just to find out he's using a device to create his "Siddhis". What a let down. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, freeform said:

just a quick reminder that this stuff is super easy to fake. 

Very common trick. 

These devices you can buy on Aliexpress for like $10.

There are many variations - with some advanced ones that are really small. They’re usually hidden on the body… in shoes… or even on the floor/within massage tables (sometimes even in the body, I’ve heard)

Funny thing is that in fact it’s quite similar to real fa qi… but there are some key differences.

They're even used by teachers with genuine fa qi skill - coz it doesn’t take any qi and allows them to consistently perform the trick and make money without depleting themselves.

I agree that with everything you are saying

However...given Steve's attitudes towards phony qi gong, If be surprised to think it would be the case that a person he's teaching would deliberately go out of their way to dupe others ( of course thats entirely plausible....

Im sure you've seen your fair share of his arguments on here over the years

Moreover, the person in question, is actually a member, I am almost sure it is this person @Superfaz29

• Like 2

4 hours ago, anshino23 said:

Oh my god! Yikes... what a time to be alive. Imagine chasing some guy and cowtowing to him for years on end just to find out he's using a device to create his "Siddhis". What a let down. 

I honestly think that misleading someone spiritually is one of the most monstrous crimes.

Its incredibly rare to be reborn as a human, and your lifespan and therefore time for cultivation is especially short.

To steal that time from someone with the genuine wish to cultivate, seems to me to be almost akin to murder.

If you want to be a conman, go be one in almost every other walk of life. The karmic repercussions of doing so in the spiritual field just seem too great to bear thinking about. 

That said - that's just a general point, no comment on our friend Chris.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vajra Fist said:

no comment on our friend Chris.

2 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

be surprised to think it would be the case that a person he's teaching would deliberately go out of their way to dupe others ( of course thats entirely plausible....

I should add that I’m not suggesting or accusing anyone in particular of this stuff. 

I just wanted to add this into the discussion - as it’s something I’ve come across a lot - and it’s important to realise that this stuff is 100% fakeable… and can also be 100% legit.

One thing to look for in general is grounding and conductive materials… yang qi doesn’t need grounding to work… electricity does… using metal, wet towels, touching the ground - or having someone holding the other person to ground them - using conductive materials etc often means fakery (though just to confuse matters sometimes grounding is used legitimately too).

What’s more obvious is the experience of receiving fa qi… a short sharp shock = electricity… a continuous current of electric sensation that takes a leisurely route through your body is usually legit (though it may well be fakeable by now - who knows).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, freeform said:

I should add that I’m not suggesting or accusing anyone in particular of this stuff. 

I just wanted to add this into the discussion - as it’s something I’ve come across a lot - and it’s important to realise that this stuff is 100% fakeable… and can also be 100% legit.

One thing to look for in general is grounding and conductive materials… yang qi doesn’t need grounding to work… electricity does… using metal, wet towels, touching the ground - or having someone holding the other person to ground them - using conductive materials etc often means fakery (though just to confuse matters sometimes grounding is used legitimately too).

What’s more obvious is the experience of receiving fa qi… a short sharp shock = electricity… a continuous current of electric sensation that takes a leisurely route through your body is usually legit (though it may well be fakeable by now - who knows).

Again I'm 100% in agreement. I just remember Steve commenting somewhere that one of his students was filming something for a documentary...My "surprise" (I should have used inverted commas in the original post)  would be more related to the fact that he never stopped arguing about how all other systems sucked haha...the old threads are quite the read):lol:

I would have thought the ability the manipulate the intensity and duration would have been the giveaway....amazing what people will fake for money though.

Didnt this guy come back on here and appeal to the mods to reinstate starjumper, and he would perform a demo if it would help? I could have sworn I seen that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

arguing about how all other systems sucked haha...

I enjoyed Starjumper and his antics. I even bore the brunt of his manic posts at one time - but I thought he was a genuinely nice guy under the bristly exterior.

6 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

amazing what people will fake for money though.

There are some complete charlatans - and there are ones that can genuinely fa qi… but still fake it to conserve energy (and still make money and attract students).

2 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

To steal that time from someone with the genuine wish to cultivate, seems to me to be almost akin to murder.

To be honest the majority of people that are attracted to this sort of stuff aren’t really interested in spiritual development… they just want to be special or develop superpowers - or even just genuinely interested in the weird and wonderful things that humans are capable of…

But I agree with this. Its obviously dishonest, makes a mockery of these precious arts and shows a pretty dire lack of virtue along with a self-centred attitude.

And I agree that it’s the wasting of one’s time that’s particularly saddening… we only have so much… and who knows how many lifetimes it took to get to a place where cultivation is even an option. 

• Like 5

On 3/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, rsalazar said:

This is an interesting clip from a series on the History Channel "The Proof is Out There"

I cannot vouch for the practitioner, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen the whole episode and if so, what was the title of the episode?

Notes in the video indicate this is a bonus clip from Season 2, "Ancient Alien Carvings and Bigfoot 'Shrooms" but I would have thought this would have been a stand alone episode. 

Has anyone  run into this practitioner or know which school he is associated with?

Hi guys my name is Ken I actually did an interview with star jumper recently as well as Chris that’s demonstrating electrokinesis in the video

Chris fazio interview 

• Like 2

On 04/03/2022 at 10:44 PM, freeform said:

I enjoyed Starjumper and his antics. I even bore the brunt of his manic posts at one time - but I thought he was a genuinely nice guy under the bristly exterior.

He's a polarizing guy that's for sure :D Perhaps a bit too much energy rising to the top

His student certainly speaks highly if him Apparently...he can teleport :ph34r: (no comments) 

His student also has quite an unusual approach to "meditation" heres a quote from his video

心刃者

6 months ago

Would you recommend me a book to practice the meditation techniques that you follow? It would be very good for me. Kind regards.

Chris Fazio

6 months ago

Just Micro cosmic orbit with a super large magnet under me. Northside up, seems to speed things along. Well that and 8 years of meditation

Between sitting on magnets, or using electricity to mess with the LDT...I'm just wondering at what point is someone seriously going to hurt themselves

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Between sitting on magnets, or using electricity to mess with the LDT...I'm just wondering at what point is someone seriously going to hurt themselves

Self experimentation carries risks 😅

Its also quite easy to kill yourself at the later stages of genuine internal practice too. The number of teachers that die of liver cancer is a testament to that. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, freeform said:

Self experimentation carries risks 😅

Its also quite easy to kill yourself at the later stages of genuine internal practice too. The number of teachers that die of liver cancer is a testament to that. 

So I've been told :) Ive heard quite a few stories of people who  mistakenly tapped into large reserves of qi, and developed cancer and died in a very short period of time...scary stuff

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

So I've been told :) Ive heard quite a few stories of people who  mistakenly tapped into large reserves of qi, and developed cancer and died in a very short period of time...scary stuff

Self electrocution (when uncontrolled yang qi rises)… internal burns and even spontaneous combustion can happen too :) 

Though the possibility of this happening is waaaay down the line for most of us - so no need to sweat it 😄

Sign in to follow this