joebob

Shaking Practice in Bali

No, not this year.

I`m shooting for the Animal daoyin, which I`ve done before. It`s awesome, incredibly funny (espesially the monkey) and a lot of spontaneous movements.

The "spirit" of the diferent animals can clearly be recognized.

And I might also sign up for the Yi Jin Ching.

B)

Sounds like a lot of fun! Can it even be more funny than Kunlun??? hahaha

Hi. regarding the taijiwuxigong, could anyone who has tried it please let me know what they think of it?

is it safe, and how effective would you say it is compared to any other systems you have done?

is it safe do you think for someone with mental health issues to do?

feel free to pm me about this if you would rather do that, i realise i've asked some loaded questions lol!!

thanks in advance!

peace

Ed

http://www.ratubagus.net/?q=stories/shaking

I saw an article on this guy in Bali. His teaching seems to have some similarities to Max's.

Hi,

Just a word of warning. The pictures of orbs on that website are not what they are presented to be.

I've seen many pictures like that and I've investigated the phenomenon. The pictures with many orbs are a result of taking a picture in a dark setting, with moisture droplets in the air. The flash from the camera illuminates the droplets of moisture. Try it for youself. Get a vaporiser/spray bottle. Go into the dark or at least make sure your camera is going to flash. Squirt the spray above the camera. Take the picture while the mist is falling. See?

Presenting these orbs as evidence of mounting energies, in my mind, is fraudulent. This statement does not regard the remainder of the site or the practice of shaking, but it really makes me question the integrity of the site..

:)

TI

Hi,

Just a word of warning. The pictures of orbs on that website are not what they are presented to be.

I've seen many pictures like that and I've investigated the phenomenon. The pictures with many orbs are a result of taking a picture in a dark setting, with moisture droplets in the air. The flash from the camera illuminates the droplets of moisture. Try it for youself. Get a vaporiser/spray bottle. Go into the dark or at least make sure your camera is going to flash. Squirt the spray above the camera. Take the picture while the mist is falling. See?

Presenting these orbs as evidence of mounting energies, in my mind, is fraudulent. This statement does not regard the remainder of the site or the practice of shaking, but it really makes me question the integrity of the site..

TI

I don't know if the phenomenon is real or not. The first video of him on stage with orbs moving by in every direction, even quickly upwards does not appear to be the phenomenon you describe. The second video with the still pictures may be what you describe, but also may not. Just because that is a possible explanation does not mean that it is the explanation. Do you have similar pictures that would help you discount the phenomenon?

I don't know if the phenomenon is real or not. The first video of him on stage with orbs moving by in every direction, even quickly upwards does not appear to be the phenomenon you describe. The second video with the still pictures may be what you describe, but also may not. Just because that is a possible explanation does not mean that it is the explanation. Do you have similar pictures that would help you discount the phenomenon?

Hi :)

Gee, I can make moving orbs like that using a round mirror and a flashlight..

Try this one http://abirc.com/images/orbs/1001.jpg

or this one: http://abirc.com/images/orbs/IM001002.jpg

post-7745-1258770009_thumb.jpg

Or this one by the same healing centre at a fire walk..

post-7745-1258770492_thumb.jpg

:0

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Optical effects touted as miracles are corny. There are all sorts of seance special effects out there both legit and trick based but are all indicative of an inauspicious intent.

You have to ask yourself as well...what impact do orbs make in my personal life? "My teacher has a bunch of orbs around him" is just a way to give yourself a false sense of satisfaction. It's not like these orbs, real or not, actually improve anything...so who cares? :lol:

Agreed. I have seen the photographic glare off air moisture that TI mentions...

But, Ratu's orbs (and other shapes) have been filmed in well-lit indoor rooms and zip around in curving trajectories. So, I don't think the ""flash off droplets" excuse may easily suffice here.

ratubagusfairyorb.jpg

1PuMWycAv-I

That said, I agree with Scotty that the

overhypes their significance. I don't think they're that big a deal and nor do I think the shaking practice alone will get you all the way to enlightenment & immortality. I think it's just a first step on a long path that gets increasingly still, silent & sobering...

Taijiwuxigong is a kick-ass site, btw! I really like this guy's theory & curriculum. It sounds like he experientally understands these ancient instructions, and so is able to reinterpret and represent them clearly in a more modernized context.

1.gif2-eng.gif3-eng.gif

4-eng.gif5-eng.gif6.gif

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

That's a lot of practice -- 6 hours a day -- too bad it didn't protect some of his followers from buying into the U.K.'s Indian Madoff ponzi scheme:

"Other investors include members of the Ratu Bagus religious sect based in Surrey and Wales, which encourages followers, sometimes called shakers, to vibrate during meditation. Jerome Flynn is among them. When I asked him to talk about his losses, Flynn seemed shell-shocked. �Do you know, I think I need more time,� he said. �I need more time to take this all in.�

There have been bankruptcies and suicide attempts

One Ratu Bagus member, who lost a five-figure sum, told me: �I didn�t see the scheme as being about greed, but about providing for one�s family. We pride ourselves in caring for and helping one another, so we told our friends and they were invited, too.

�Perhaps if we�d been more secretive and egotistical then we�d have kept it to ourselves and not so many people would have been affected. I�ve gone through the stages of being angry and have come to terms with my loss, but I know others are suffering very badly.�

Some investors have been bankrupted while, according to police, there have been suicide attempts."

this is the clearing of the blockages -- the blockages create resistance. I get this from sitting in full-lotus as well. In fact there's lots of cracking noises as the blockages in the shoulders, neck and even inside the skull clear out.

http://www.myspace.com/ratubagus

There is short video on his myspace page.

Thanks for the other links. Yoda, Xienkula1.

Its interesting about the shaking similarities with these different teachers/healers.

I practice a form of Vipassana where most meditators, at some time during a retreat, experience brief involuntary head, leg, arm, whole body jerks. Its a split second thing and then reoccurs at various time intervals. Sort of like nodding off to sleep. I wonder if this is related too?

yeah Chunyi Lin tells this story of when he was practicing spontaneous qigong he flew backwards some 10 or 20 feet and hit the back of his skull on his bike pedal or something. He said there was a blockage right at the spot he hit and then it was cleared out.

Here in Europe this spontaneous Qigong and Healing system has been thought for 20 years.

Not completely the same , but some elements seems similar.

Taijiwuxigong

Click the Spontaneous movement link to read about it.

Edited by drewhempel

Agreed. I have seen the photographic glare off air moisture that TI mentions...

But, Ratu's orbs (and other shapes) have been filmed in well-lit indoor rooms and zip around in curving trajectories. So, I don't think the ""flash off droplets" excuse may easily suffice here.

Hi Vortex :)

In that video that you present, take a look at the mirror that sits on the stage. See the shining sunlight in it from the window in the back of the room? If you put a round mirror in that sunlight you could reflect the beam of light onto the stage from the back of the room. Further, follow the tragectories of the light beams in the corner. See how they follow one straight path until they hit the corner and then change path? An orb wouldn't change path exactly at the corner but a reflection from a light beam would.

No, flash off droplets don't explain the curving trjectories here. It is very simple to make a reflected beam of light move in an arc. You just move your hand that is holding the mirror in an arc. And again, if it was a distinct orb, and it went behind objects, you would not see it. However, follow the path of every light beam in that video. They never move behind anything.

For all we know, that white robe that he is wearing has tiny mirrors glued on the back and that is what the mirror on the stage is for: to reflect the light from the back window onto his back and make orbs. :)

Again, I'm not denying the value of smiling (which is a very powerful practice), or shaking or laughing, nor do I wish to dismiss any truths that may be hiding in their teachings.

However, I've spent a lot of time playing with crystals, rainbows and light and I can explain what has been presented by that site experientially.

My brother and I built a laser a long time ago and beamed a red dot of light at the clouds and the church steepel. Some people figured it was a UFO.. :)

TI

Further, follow the tragectories of the light beams in the corner. See how they follow one straight path until they hit the corner and then change path? An orb wouldn't change path exactly at the corner but a reflection from a light beam would.
I stand corrected, you're right. I freeze-framed the vid, and did see that the orbs did follow the contours of the back wall of the room.

Moving light elongates onto right side of alcove:

ratubagusmovingorbs123.jpg

Moving light distorts over contour at top of painting frame (to right of alcove):

ratubagusmovingorbs125.jpg

Whereas if they were free-floating in the air, they would not have. So, these "orbs" were actually lights reflected onto the wall. Good catch!

Edited by vortex