Sign in to follow this  
Jdb1d

teacher/direction

I'm new and have so much I wanna talk about. I need someone I can kind of get some direction from. 

That really doesn't narrow it down.

This place is full of persons with a diversity of practices. 

Just jump in if you find a subject that is close to your interest.

• Like 1

First I would say you need to figure out what you want to gain from practice. Then look for a lineage or teacher that will give you the results you want. Then to really narrow it down you can talk to the students on this site who are currently learning from these teachers to get their advice and experiences to see if that path is the right one for you. This site is a goldmine of information but you have to sift through the river to get the nuggets that work for you. It can be overwhelming so you have to really narrow down what you want to do. If you tell us what your goals are we can help direct you to the relevant people.

Personally my research on this site has led me to realise I want to get health benefits and also be able to heal myself and others, so this led me to Flying Phoenix Chi Kung by Sifu Terry Dunn and also Authentic Neigong by Rudi. You can check out info about it in these links:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jdb1d said:

I'm new and have so much I wanna talk about. I need someone I can kind of get some direction from. 

There are thousands of paths, teachers, and lineages. 

There are thousands of different goals.

Your first step is clearly defining what you personally hope to accomplish.

Saying things like "enlightenment", doesn't help because if you ask a thousand people what that means you get a thousand different answers.  

Once you know what you are trying to accomplish, then you need to find a path, teacher, lineage etc that can help you achieve that. 

If you can't clearly and accurately define your goals, random teacher hopping isn't going to help you any.

Just my $0.02

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 12:11 PM, Jdb1d said:

Hi Jb  and welcome  .   What do you want to talk about   first   ?

First of all, most of the worlds mystical/esoteric knowledge is bullshit.  Everything is, and everything has its consequences.  

Good and Evil is defined by Good being not harming someone else's health, wealth, or liberty.  Evil is the opposite.  Evil is just if done in defense of the Good.

The world is fire and motion, fuel and measurement, matter and form.  The sciences come from the study of these.

Don't be fooled by magick powers; all of that is illusion, though it does provide motive for action.  Keep a logical and practical mind as you age, and don't go calling on any Gods, because while they might answer, they won't explain.  Don't look to the Gods for aid, look to yourself, and look to mankind, for reason and for righteousness.

On 21/02/2022 at 4:45 AM, helpfuldemon said:

First of all, most of the worlds mystical/esoteric knowledge is bullshit.  Everything is, and everything has its consequences.  

Good and Evil is defined by Good being not harming someone else's health, wealth, or liberty.  Evil is the opposite.  Evil is just if done in defense of the Good. The world is fire and motion, fuel and measurement, matter and form.  The sciences come from the study of these.

Don't be fooled by magick powers; all of that is illusion, though it does provide motive for action.  Keep a logical and practical mind as you age, and don't go calling on any Gods, because while they might answer, they won't explain.  Don't look to the Gods for aid, look to yourself, and look to mankind, for reason and for righteousness.

:o

Ohhh  MY GOODNESS  !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2022-02-20 at 6:45 PM, helpfuldemon said:

Evil is just if done in defense of the Good.

I found this worse, actually. 

• Like 1

Where else would one look for reason and righteousness?  To God?  God doesn't speak.  To yourself?  That is limited to what you know.  You look to others for information and ideas, and then look to yourself.  

Evil is just in defense of the Good, that is how law works; we punish those that harm the Good with Evil.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

Evil is just in defense of the Good, that is how law works; we punish those that harm the Good with Evil.

No, that is semitic religion bovine feces. 

The law punish those that breaks the law, good and evil isn't relevant. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

No, that is semitic religion bovine feces. 

The law punish those that breaks the law, good and evil isn't relevant. 

And I am Popeye the sailor man, if only in my dreams. LOL

The law ain't applied equally I am sad to report tho!!

1 minute ago, natural said:

The law ain't applied equally I am sad to report tho!!

Didn't say that, now did I? 

I just did a broad generalization, the fine print would tell the numerous exceptions to the basic idea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Didn't say that, now did I? 

I just did a broad generalization, the fine print would tell the numerous exceptions to the basic idea. 

No, you didn't I agree on that.

Yet, I steadfastly stand behind what I stated :

"The law (s) are not designed or applied equally" 

Fine print nor bold print will alter that !

2 minutes ago, natural said:

Yet, I steadfastly stand behind what I stated :

"The law (s) are not designed or applied equally" 

Fine print nor bold print will alter that !

That's slamming down an open door... 

• Confused 1

Just now, natural said:

Upon whom?

3 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

While I personally have not directly experienced much injustice, sadly I have suffered greatly as a result of it!

29 minutes ago, natural said:

Upon whom?

Meaning that few people really believe that life is fair and composed of equal opportunities, including but not limited to the justice system. 

35 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

32 minutes ago, natural said:

Upon whom?

1 minute ago, Cleansox said:

Meaning that few people really believe that life is fair and composed of equal opportunities, including but not limited to the justice system. 

Are there people over the age of six years old whom truly believe in such a concept?

如果你要練丹道,那就是以經典為師。悟真篇是首選。周易參同契。黃庭經。呂祖百字銘。

如果你要練佛法,同樣以經典為師。楞伽經。阿含經。大般若經。金剛經。圓覺經。

If you want to practice alchemy, you should take the classics as your teacher. WuZanPian is the first choice.Zhou Yi participated in the same contract. Huang Tingjing. Lu Zu's Hundred-character Inscription.

If you want to practice Dharma, also take the classics as your teacher. Langa Sutra. Ahan Sutra. Great Prajna. Diamond Sutra. Awakening Sutra.

又或者都看,都練,你會在其中發現令人驚奇的共同點。

Or watch both, practice both, and you'll find surprising commonalities among them.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this