de_paradise

how does transmission work?

Has anyone a grasp on how a person transmits, I mean the mechanism ; what level a person must be at in order to transmit. My teacher in Hong Kong (I call him my teacher, but its just a master who I pester with questions) says he does it by doing something in the hand of the transmitee. I wonder how he does this something. Has Max C explained it? If its activating some forgotten junk DNA, then how does this DNA get activated?

Edited by de_paradise

Haven't the foggiest, but I like to think that we are all transmitting and receiving energy with others all the time and a master is able to do that in a more conscious, focused manner. My guess is that the underlying mechanism is the same, like yawns or moods getting passed around.

My guess is that the underlying mechanism is the same, like yawns or moods getting passed around.

Yep another case of the suggestion bug. Yawn :o

Mantra68 talks about it. It has something to do with morphogenic fiends in quantum physics. similar to the 100th monkey effect or experiments they did with rats and the lengths it took subsequent generations to master mazes . Search "morphic fields" and mantras post should come up.

Guest winpro07

ad harmonics to that..

Imagine being locked in a box for one hundred years. Not your body, just your self.....black as black, and nothing to sense. . . What is this light that gets in when the lid is opened? What is it that fades in this light? what is it that becomes clear? Why is everyone including me so afraid to step out of this box? What will we see when we do?

Divine is Divine. If you open up, you will know.

If I did, I would. But I cant.

Edited by cat

Guest winpro07

The baptism of water spoken by Jesus to Nichodemus was a literal baptism as practiced in the church. The baptism of fire is to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, or the opportunity to always feel the Holy Ghost's companionship, as long as one remains worthy of it.

What is the root of that which stands in the way? Is there anger in there? Fear?

Fire, and water

This spirit ran be obtained in the same manner in which it is communicated to the earth by the stars; and this takes place by means of Water, which serves as its vehicle. It is not the Philosopher's Stone, although the latter may be prepared from it by causing that which is volatile to became fixed. "I admonish you to pay strict attention to the boiling of this Water, and not to allow your mind to be disturbed by things of minor importance.

http://www.alchemylab.com/christian.htm

Interesting site ive been reading the Gnostic Gospels and there is alot of information that is in Daoist philosphy and theories but worded differently and expressed differently.

cheers

How about we start with---Does it really exist. Let's see some evidence.

I've always wanted to see some hard scientific proof that love exists as well.

Transmission can only be experienced, and there's infinately many ways to do it.

Mind to Mind, Heart to Heart, etc. The traditions vary. But most of them contain some degree of initiation, like you're given a pin code to a certain level of information that is just suddenly there.

I remember once on an Internal Alchemy retreat, we were taught to open the Dan Tian. I felt nothing, yet suddenly I felt burning hot, like white glowing iron inside my navel. I looked up, and I saw my master holding a metal card, turning it back and forth. He said " It's like when you use fire to start the fire".

If you have attained any high level of skill or competence in anything, there's a transmission.

Like when after you've watched a Champion's League final, you play soccer like a god.

h

This is not direct evidence of transmission, but it shows that a physical present teacher gives a lot more benefits from learning meditation. So it points towards transmission.

PubMed Article

I read this abstract a few days ago and saw this post just now, so why not.

you could have a look at research on mirror neurons.

Thanks this was actually very intriguing!

Edited by Xienkula1

I've always wanted to see some hard scientific proof that love exists as well.

I'd like to see proof that we exist....

:)

What constitutes proof?

Guest winpro07

In emission, the object makes colored light and "throws" it at us. It actually does no"make" light because it cannot "make" energy. We can only transform energy from one form into another. (This ia fundamental law of physics, based on experience: "Matter/energy can neither be created nor destroyed".)

http://webexhibits.org/causesofcolor/11.html

Is that good enough as evidence?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UTGkC73GE

electromagnetic energy (photons,electrons,protons) travels by radiation and conduction (contact), termic energy travels by conduction and convection (flow) , gravitational energy does not travel but it influence through field and there is a serious debate if there is some kind of radiation (gravitons) but still not solved in scientific community.

Qi has all the attributes above, is radiating, it heats, flows and has a gravitational (or anti-gravitational) field.

or there is an interaction between Qi and all the other physical phenomena that we can perceive without perceiving the real cause behind

the same laws that apply to particles, atoms, molecules, apply to people as well

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BiJdQvTcYMc

Edited by steam

All interesting replies; just to put this back to my original intention, I'm talking about the transmission of the supra-mundane, such as mentioned the opening of the dan-tien, the ability to focus bio-energy for healing purposes, or the stimulation to starting the various cleaning mechanisms of the body for the subtle bodies to become refined.

The amount of people with this ability and also willingness to explain this stuff to a person of my low understanding (in terms of cultivation) must be very small.

Mirror neurons is a good fact to throw out to prove "we are interconnected", for people more convinced by scientific facts than their own sense data. :)

Edited by de_paradise

I'm talking about the transmission of the supra-mundane, such as mentioned the opening of the dan-tien, the ability to focus bio-energy for healing purposes, or the stimulation to starting the various cleaning mechanisms of the body for the subtle bodies to become refined.

We tend to look for magic and mystery, missing the magic and mystery that's already right here.

We try to explain the magic and the mystery even though this attempt always results in the loss of both the magic and the mystery.

We tend to look for magic and mystery, missing the magic and mystery that's already right here.

We try to explain the magic and the mystery even though this attempt always results in the loss of both the magic and the mystery.

Very nicely stated!

When I saw Sean's teacher, Lui Ming, in England he said some very interesting things about transmission, which I wish I remembered better.

The basic idea, I think, is that the transmission can be pretty much an independent entity and that the person provides a suitable window for it to get through to others. It sounded much more reasonable when he said it!

Maybe if Sean has heard anything on the same subject, he might add something next time he pops in.

Please note that I am not dismissing such an idea. But often here there is an immediate acceptance of such phenomena. If we start with how does it work instead of is it real we wouldn't end up with all these moving someone without touching nonsense videos.

"direct consciousness transmission: means that [knowledge] is not taught to the mind as a "system of thought"; it is imprinted directly by divine consciousness into human consciousness. There are three aspects to this transmission. The first is that it gives the student direct access to the energy and the divine healing realm it connects with, so that the human consciousness needs only to intend for energy to be channeled and it happens. Energy transmission has two other aspects as well. The second aspect of transmission is that it deeply develops-and continues to develop-the student's energy system, so that it can be a more effective vehicle for this divine light and consciousness to manifest. This enables the student to bring in a much greater volume and concentration of divine light. The third aspect of the transmission is that it creates a unique BRIDGE in the student's system so that all the divine power that can be accessed by the student's system that creates a kind of transformation that can only be called magical."

All interesting replies; just to put this back to my original intention, I'm talking about the transmission of the supra-mundane, such as mentioned the opening of the dan-tien, the ability to focus bio-energy for healing purposes, or the stimulation to starting the various cleaning mechanisms of the body for the subtle bodies to become refined.

I want to start off saying Intellectual understanding (or trying to understand something from a intellectual view point with no experiences is completely and utterly meaningless for you don't have any personal experience to base it on) So its completely empty or unless understanding on your part if you haven't experienced it. I read books (like things pretaining to things about Taoism) to understand what i couldn't put into words, or to get a better hold on what i experienced. But more importantly, i just don't realize it right away. I think about each exact sentance (I attempt this with good books, so every sentance is important) For a long period of time before my mind brings up, events that happened and felt that way. Sometimes i bring up things i had forgotten happened but only with hard thinking could I have remembered.

That being said (warning: I haven't read this whole post and all the replys but...) The Opening of the Dan-Tien and different ways and so forth are pretty complicated. (So many ways to do something even with something so specific as the Dan-Tien) (This might be IMO because my view point is as of a novice, you know before I even become a beginner ;) ) So what i'm trying to say to talk about something intellectually about such a broad thing, i kind of feel words are being lost or just empty in meaning, just never answering your question directly. It could also be a subject that starts many more new subjects.

So I imagine this forum or topic, as long as you envest some time de_paradise, will turn into a dialogue. Changing from one thing to try and understand to another thing. (but only vaguely unless you have some speffic question thats not so broad) But i still hope you get your answer. Just my input to help you along your way to get your answers or what your interested in. :)

Good Luck.

After going over and reading a little more i found this...

"direct consciousness transmission: means that [knowledge] is not taught to the mind as a "system of thought"; it is imprinted directly by divine consciousness into human consciousness. There are three aspects to this transmission. The first is that it gives the student direct access to the energy and the divine healing realm it connects with, so that the human consciousness needs only to intend for energy to be channeled and it happens. Energy transmission has two other aspects as well. The second aspect of transmission is that it deeply develops-and continues to develop-the student's energy system, so that it can be a more effective vehicle for this divine light and consciousness to manifest. This enables the student to bring in a much greater volume and concentration of divine light. The third aspect of the transmission is that it creates a unique BRIDGE in the student's system so that all the divine power that can be accessed by the student's system that creates a kind of transformation that can only be called magical."

Artical or post was Extremely well said and explains a lot of something so general abotu transmition.

Buddy I really like your thinking approach to how to get a good grasp of understanding something. Search for what something isn't to base what it cane be. For somethings (maybe all) we can't fully 100% understand them, but we can definately understand them much better and more indefinately when we understand the properities of what it is not, and what properities it shows in it. (It is the way i think about things to understand the properities it is not, then understand as many properities as that thing or event can have, and recongaise what it has. I find it much more usful then to understand what properities it has, then guess at what it can be, leads you to to many falsehoods, which lead you back to understand what that one something or event is not.)

Indeed White Tiger, as the answers I am getting are pointing to the master somehow channeling a deity and it's the deity doing the handiwork, then I think this chore would likely be complicated beyond my understanding (BTW, I made a disclaimer in an earlier post in order to head off the type of arguements such as yours, because I think this line of enquiry is so extremely tantilizing)

More support for the divine theory:

I told Zeev Kohlmans story to my teacher, http://www.zeevkolman.net/excrpts.shtml and he nodded and said that was likely; however he did not elaborate.

"Divine" is often used as a metaphor so we cannot rule out some easier tackled cause and effect mechanism. It just may be something as simple as wiggling his finger in a specific way, and the mirror neurons doing their part.

I do have proof enough to satisfy me. ie. master A transmited supra-mundane ability to person B and person B demonstrates ability on me. Not double blind laboratory isolated conditions though.

If you have attained any high level of skill or competence in anything, there's a transmission.

Like when after you've watched a Champion's League final, you play soccer like a god.

h

:P

I remember Spock in Star Trek often was forced to say what a phenomenon was not, because he didnt know what it actually was.

Then Kirk would go and make friends with the p henomenon and talk to it, and all would be revealed.

Lots of us feel a mutual transmission on this board. Some of us are tuned into the same or a similar frequency, energetically.