Bindi

Yin and Yang

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

Stuff everything in the center until the center expands, thus creating the body outside the body? 

What is the center and how to come to it? 

3 hours ago, Bindi said:

I honestly think when it comes to these major polarities ida and pingala really are talking about the same concept as yin and yang:

Ida is on the left side and called the lunar nadi. It is associated with feminine energy, active at night and contain water properties. Pingala is on the right side and is called the solar or the sun nadi. It is associated with masculine energy, active during the day and contains fire properties. 

But I fully respect you wanting to come at it from a purely Daoist perspective. I particularly resonate with the daoist descriptions of dantians, jing qi and Shen etc. I just happen to like the Ida/pingala concept to clarify duality

As @Antares says, Taoist not only different in the depth i.e. pre and post-heaven level, they are also dynamic.  While in other systems, male and female forces are static, male is always male and female is always female.  In Taoist system, yang when it reaches full maturity, female force germinates and gradually takeovers the male force. When the female reaches its peak, the seed of the yang is sown and becomes the ascendance again.  In a way, the 2 polarities changes into another.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

The center will open up by itself when one has done enough of foundation work. 

There seems to be a very broad understanding of the "foundation work". 

You are right. 

Lets specify:

In the tradition I practice, the center opens up by itself when the more peripheral systems and pathways are adequately balanced and open. 

I'm sure there are more direct ways of doing it, but in my experience, every time I have tried a shortcut it turned out to being a detour. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

You are right. 

Lets specify:

In the tradition I practice, the center opens up by itself when the more peripheral systems and pathways are adequately balanced and open. 

I'm sure there are more direct ways of doing it, but in my experience, every time I have tried a shortcut it turned out to being a detour. 

Do you use any terminology to describe this process and any specific work in stances/seated practices and awareness (Yi) is involved in this process? 

Yes. 

(Ok, you probably want me to use a few more words 😁) 

There are probably a really fancy name for the process, but my teacher didn't care much about those, so basically I have a name for the standing position and a vague description on what to expect. 

I have only found two references to it (as I can identify) in translated books on the subject, and both descriptions are vague. There is a fair description on the actual stance in one of the above texts, so I would guess that the method used to be fairly established in daoist lineages. 

Haven't found it in newer material though. 

TRUE EARTH ARRESTS TRUE LEAD;
TRUE LEAD CONTROLS TRUE MERCURY.
LEAD AND MERCURY RETURN TO TRUE EARTH;
BODY AND MIND ARE TRANQUIL AND STILL.

The process I had in mind comes after the one described above. 

(I started this with mentioning the expansion.) 

Edited by Cleansox
Added stuff

2 hours ago, Master Logray said:

As @Antares says, Taoist not only different in the depth i.e. pre and post-heaven level, they are also dynamic.  While in other systems, male and female forces are static, male is always male and female is always female.  In Taoist system, yang when it reaches full maturity, female force germinates and gradually takeovers the male force. When the female reaches its peak, the seed of the yang is sown and becomes the ascendance again.  In a way, the 2 polarities changes into another.

I am influenced by what someone ‘saw’ coming out of my eyes many years ago, which involves this dynamic cycle between the black and the white channel. What would a daoist make of this? There were two small swords, I only painted the hilt, the rest of the sword was also gold. 

image.thumb.png.41514365e2c7966702192ad961f843d7.png