apdo

Building special foundations and Dan Tien

1 hour ago, apdo said:

Is there a link I can't find it sorry for troubling you 

Search bar in upper right corner, "Flying Phoenix". 

Edited by Earl Grey

On 7/1/2021 at 1:39 AM, virtue said:

From what I've understood, jump-starting Dantian cultivation early is a closely kept secret that you might need to seek hard. The down-side is that going that route blocks martial development for a long time because physical rewiring cannot happen simultaneously.

This is definitely not the case with Damo Mitchell's methods, his (non-marial) neigong/dantian building and IMA body transformation/fajin methods are perfectly compatible.   His school is not geared toward training fighters though, I'm sure optimizing for fighting ability has its own subtleties of training order and emphasis.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Creation said:

This is definitely not the case with Damo Mitchell's methods, his (non-marial) neigong/dantian building and IMA body transformation/fajin methods are perfectly compatible.   His school is not geared toward training fighters though, I'm sure optimizing for fighting ability has its own subtleties of training order and emphasis.  

If you train Neigong with intensity, then you are pretty much using all your energy to restore the physical tissue and to enhance the jing aspect for alchemy.

If you train Neidan with intensity, then you convert nearly all the conveniently available jing to generate energy in the Dantian at the first stage.

These two modes can certainly be incompatible because they use the human being's spiritual reserves in opposite ways, thus eating away the progress that was built. There would need to be enough spacing and recovery time if they were used in tandem, and much of the details would depend on the actual training program and its intensity.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, virtue said:

If you train Neigong with intensity, then you are pretty much using all your energy to restore the physical tissue and to enhance the jing aspect for alchemy.

If you train Neidan with intensity, then you convert nearly all the conveniently available jing to generate energy in the Dantian at the first stage.

These two modes can certainly be incompatible because they use the human being's spiritual reserves in opposite ways, thus eating away the progress that was built. There would need to be enough spacing and recovery time if they were used in tandem, and much of the details would depend on the actual training program and its intensity.

I see.  I'm deeply underqualified to discuss this, all I'll say is I can see how methods could be incompatible in this way, but I've never heard Damo mention that the methods he teaches can have this kind of incompatibility.  One detail I'll mention is that that in addition to the process of training the tissues for IMA and the process of alchemically working with dantian with jing as fuel, Damo teaches a process of building the dantian and the tissues based on yin and yang qi which is neither martial nor does it use jing as it's basis/fuel - this is what neigong means in his system.  

Edited by Creation
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, apdo said:

Hi guys I was asking I am still in building foundations level and wanted to know tips for how to build special Dan Tien and medirian not just anything for healing and tho I am talking about semi perfect foundations and Dan Tien that is can hold much qi and have good  explosive power for martial arts usuallyany tips guys and thanks 

Check this website authenticneigong.com

• Like 1

I can say that for me doing 5 elements and 12 animal Xing Yi after doing Dan tian Gong and related chi gong/static stance work feels pretty cool. I can see and feel  how the movements connect to this energy and I have only been doing this art for a relatively short time. For me this internal energy work enhances the experience of practicing Xing Yi and the Xing Yi provides a nice outlet for the energy from the chi gong. As a style it’s very direct and straight forward  

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 7:09 PM, Sahaja said:

I can say that for me doing 5 elements and 12 animal Xing Yi after doing Dan tian Gong and related chi gong/static stance work feels pretty cool. I can see and feel  how the movements connect to this energy and I have only been doing this art for a relatively short time. For me this internal energy work enhances the experience of practicing Xing Yi and the Xing Yi provides a nice outlet for the energy from the chi gong. As a style it’s very direct and straight forward  

Which Dan Tian Gong do you practice specifically? 

1 hour ago, Learner said:

Which Dan Tian Gong do you practice specifically? 

Been doing forms from lotus nei gong. There are forms that specifically  help shape and re-form the yin field in the abdomen as well one’s that specifically thicken the chi.  Once the process starts and laogong opens there seem to be a lot of connections/interactions between different parts of the body (as well as attention and the breathing) with the yin field in the abdomen.  I can’t say I understand all these connections, but they definitely affect my experience of doing internal martial arts forms in a good way.