Bindi

Physical signs that your practice is working

Recommended Posts

On 06/03/2021 at 4:41 PM, thelerner said:

I wish I was less concerned about my nostrils at night.  In bed, I feel one is open, the other side is closed, so I switch the side I'm sleeping on until the other opens.  Then go to my back.. til I feel one nostril closing then switch to that side..  The concern tends to work against sleep.  

 

A piece of qi gong I do is moon/sun breathing.  You make a 'chi ball' breathing up, the hands move up the right side meridian to the shoulder.  Breathing out, they move down it, to the lower dan tien, then breathing up the left meridian to the shoulder and repeat.  What I like is, moving the hands up the side opens the nostrils, breaths in and out thru each side.  So its a non-yoga-ish style of alternate nostril breathing.  

I was wondering if you  could direct me to more info about this moon/sun breathing please? Which qigong system does this come from? Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an old Michael Winn/ Healing Tao practice from his Basics CD (https://healingtaousa.com/product/qigong-chi-kung-fundamentals-1-2-home-study-course-audio-cd-dvd-ebook-2/), specifically the Ocean breathing and 5 movements.  I learned it 25 or 30 years ago, from him live and got his CD.  Probably a bit cheaper then, hell it was probably on video cassette.

Couldn't find a youtube video of it.  As a consolation here is his version of Pangu form, nice simple energetic qigong form.  When the mood strikes me, I'll do Pangu then do some of the 5 movements he taught.  One of the 5 is a Crossing the Ocean move, that is imo, very good for the back.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lZVdt8t2WQ&list=PLgzzYwaoLacF7M0TCq7cSppZAM6t37ADd&index=2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

左右鼻孔的通暢與否,牽涉到左右脈是否通暢。

而自發功的左右旋轉剛好可以處理這個部分。

當左右旋轉打通之後,左右鼻孔就會非常通暢。

當然旋轉也是自發功,不是刻意產生的

如果是刻意的,就達不到預期的效果。

 

至於呼吸對應穴位,最早開始的會先打開手掌心的勞宮穴。

這裡對應的自發功動作是手印。

 

然後會打開頭頂的百會穴。

額頭。

後腦杓。

這裡對應的是烏肝和恍惚。

 

最後打開的是心竅。

對應的是三禪

 

 

Whether the left and right nostrils are open or not depends on whether the left and right meridians are open or not.

And the left and right rotation of spontaneous work can just handle this part.

When the left and right rotation is opened, the left and right nostrils will be very unobstructed.

Of course, rotation is also spontaneous work, not deliberately generated.

If it is deliberate, it will not achieve the desired effect.

As for the corresponding acupoints for breathing, the earliest one will open the Laogong acupoint in the palm of the hand.

The corresponding spontaneous work action here is the mudra.

Then the Baihui Point on the top of the head will be opened.

forehead.

Back of the head dipper.

This corresponds to black liver and trance.

The last thing to open is the mind.

Corresponding to the Three Zen

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting but probably not universal? I've had a weird allergy that developed in my early 20s where my breathing became restricted. Usually one side or the other it switches and pure white mucous. It could very well be an energy issue, it's very annoying I have to drink a lot of water to compensate for the dehydrating effect the lack of oxygen has. But I wonder if having some kinda allergy that causes chronic inflammation of sinuses is different or could be  the same thing because doctors have been usless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klinsly said:

I've had a weird allergy that developed in my early 20s

 

It looks like a white ball of energy, about 1 foot diameter, sitting on the front top of your lungs.   I suspect that you are doing something to attract it.

 

So what did you start doing in your early 20s?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Lairg said:

 

It looks like a white ball of energy, about 1 foot diameter, sitting on the front top of your lungs.   I suspect that you are doing something to attract it.

 

So what did you start doing in your early 20s?

Thanks for looking! I've been very curious about this and other problems from an energy standpoint. I moved to Florida  for college back then with the insane humidity and mold everywhere.  Ha that was my only explanation.  Started drinking as most people that age do perhaps but was already doing that before without issues. Roughly 13 years ago hard to remember. my habits , diet, and negative emotions and thoughts are like night and day compared to now. But it still persists. Adding in had major depression a year or two before it started making me think of possible  heart center issue from that could be related?

 

Do you mean its like some sort of energy blockage or entity attachment, and do you suggest I focus upon that area to attempt to heal it? I've been trying to learn some healing skills and can  activate and send qi from my hands at will to a lesser extent. 

Edited by Klinsly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Send light from your heart to the ball.

 

Talk to the energy ball.   Ask it why it is there.  

 

Send light from your heart to the Earth and ask the Earth to absorb the ball.   Or you might have a favorite tree that would like to take the ball of energy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2022/4/22 at 10:00 AM, Klinsly said:

This is interesting but probably not universal? I've had a weird allergy that developed in my early 20s where my breathing became restricted. Usually one side or the other it switches and pure white mucous. It could very well be an energy issue, it's very annoying I have to drink a lot of water to compensate for the dehydrating effect the lack of oxygen has. But I wonder if having some kinda allergy that causes chronic inflammation of sinuses is different or could be  the same thing because doctors have been usless.

 

這就是慢性鼻炎,原因就是溼氣。

 

濕氣的來源有兩個,一個來自環境,一個來自身體。

 

如果處在很濕的環境,加上身體陽氣不足,就容易有鼻炎。

 

當然你要早睡早起。

 

運動流汗。

 

不喝酒。

 

不喝冷飲。

 

水也不用刻意喝太多。

 

睡得夠很重要。

 

This is chronic rhinitis, and the cause is moisture.

There are two sources of moisture, one from the environment and one from the body.

If you are in a very humid environment, coupled with the lack of yang energy in the body, it is easy to have rhinitis.

Of course you have to go to bed early and get up early.

Sports sweat.

do not drink.

Do not drink cold drinks.

Don't drink too much water.

Getting enough sleep is important.

 

練習手中的氣感對於解決心中抑鬱成效不大。

心竅的問題,要從心竅去解決。

你得練到烏肝兔髓,才有辦法去處理這個問題。

Practicing the sense of qi in the hands is not very effective in solving depression in the heart.

The problems of the mind must be solved from the mind.

You have to practice black liver and rabbit marrow before you can deal with this problem.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For me, the best way to know if I am advancing with my practice is the quality of sleep, a deep sleep means that the energy of the kidneys is recovering.

 

The other sign is serenity in the face of life's incidents, calm in the storm and the ability not to lose your head, a nervous system in restorative mode.

 

The final sign is the youthful appearance, a natural rejuvenation is the sign that your practice is giving results.

Edited by Eduardo
Clarification
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eduardo said:

For me, the best way to know if I am advancing with my practice is the quality of sleep, a deep sleep means that the energy of the kidneys is recovering.

 

The other sign is serenity in the face of life's incidents, calm in the storm and the ability not to lose your head, a nervous system in restorative mode.

 

The final sign is the youthful appearance, a natural rejuvenation is the sign that your practice is giving results.

I also find my eyes are more white now than before I started practicing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1. Significant weight loss

2. Softening of the entire body

3. Clearing of all damp & heat

4. Opening of the eyes (the Liver externally opens in the eyes)

5. Opening of the joints of the entire body

6. Strengthening of the limbs (related to the Spleen becoming more balanced, rising its force up rather than downwards as it happens to most people, so more Qi is created and delivered efficiently to the entire 'body')

7. Sharpening of auditory and smelling functions (Kidney and Lung)

8. Decreased appetite & need to sleep 

9. Edit: sexual activity ---> none but urges are there so it's an ongoing work as this mental habit is a tough one to beat. Ask any monastics about it. You'll hear interesting stories about how the Mind will try to trick you with this one!

 

 

 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2022 at 8:23 PM, awaken said:

 

這就是慢性鼻炎,原因就是溼氣。

 

濕氣的來源有兩個,一個來自環境,一個來自身體。

 

如果處在很濕的環境,加上身體陽氣不足,就容易有鼻炎。

 

當然你要早睡早起。

 

運動流汗。

 

不喝酒。

 

不喝冷飲。

 

水也不用刻意喝太多。

 

睡得夠很重要。

 

This is chronic rhinitis, and the cause is moisture.

There are two sources of moisture, one from the environment and one from the body.

If you are in a very humid environment, coupled with the lack of yang energy in the body, it is easy to have rhinitis.

Of course you have to go to bed early and get up early.

Sports sweat.

do not drink.

Do not drink cold drinks.

Don't drink too much water.

Getting enough sleep is important.

 

練習手中的氣感對於解決心中抑鬱成效不大。

心竅的問題,要從心竅去解決。

你得練到烏肝兔髓,才有辦法去處理這個問題。

Practicing the sense of qi in the hands is not very effective in solving depression in the heart.

The problems of the mind must be solved from the mind.

You have to practice black liver and rabbit marrow before you can deal with this problem.

 Sorry for the full quote and late reply, but thank you for the advice I will look into it!  I realized I was extremely active in sports  my whole life till going to college, then it became only surfing, which is  roughly when it started so perhaps my youthful vitality and constant active lifestyle preventing it from manifesting sooner. I also realized I distracted the topic... forgive me for that. I Just saw the one part, and commented from my personal experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to share some obvious results of practice  from my own personal experience I've seen happen. Such as  beginning to feel Qi when you couldn't at all before, then this increasing in different areas of the body,  As well as feeling heat during practices, becoming much more relaxed and calm overall. Inner peace. Your thoughts nearly entirely shutting off. Not identifying with said thoughts. Health problems disappearing or no longer mattering.  Being able to choose you're emotional state at times. Like making yourself happy for no reason just by focusing on the feeling of joy or love. Dream life becoming more active like Lucid dreams. All sorts of mini psychical ones like precognitive thoughts of knowing someone's coming to visit or about to call or text you. These are just some things I've personally experienced since I started about 4 years ago that were not present before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites