I'm quite new to the forum, lately the Wu Wei Qigong system has caught my attention, (It has nothing to do with the Taoist Wu Wei) I have the DVDs of Master Georges Xu and German Master Emil Sandkuhl and apparently the system of Qigong Wuwei is the grandfather or father of the Falun Gong Buddhist Qigong system.
The following is noted on Emil Sandkuhl's website:

1. "Wu Wei Qigong is a traditional Qigong formed by Buddhism, consisting of 5 sets of exercises. The exercises are suitable for beginners and advanced students and cover almost all the important areas of Qigong with unusual range.
  2. "Thousand Arms of Buddha" returns the blocked energy to flow freely and opens the network of meridians.
  3. "Standing like a tree" raises the energy level in the body through four meditative standing positions.
  4. "Heaven, Earth & Man" connects people with the forces of the universe and the earth.
  5. "The great cosmic cycle" deepens the results of the first cycle and brings energetic freshness to each of the cells of the body.
  6. "Seated Mudra Meditation" deepens the ability to perceive energy and creates mental serenity"

In the Falun Gong sites I have been able to rescue the following list of exercises:

1. The first exercises, called "Buddha stretching a thousand arms", are intended to facilitate the free flow of energy through the body and open the meridians.
  2. The second exercise, "Falun Posture," involves holding four static postures, each of which resembles holding a wheel, for an extended period. The goal of this exercise is to "enhance wisdom, increase strength, raise a person's level, and strengthen divine powers."
  3. The third, "Penetrating Cosmic Extremes", involves three sets of movements, the objective of which is to allow the expulsion of bad energy (eg, pathogenic or black Qi) and the absorption of good energy in the body. Through the practice of this exercise, the practitioner aspires to cleanse and purify the body.
  4. The fourth exercise, "Falun Cosmic Orbit", seeks to circulate energy freely throughout the body.
  5. Unlike the first to fourth exercises, the fifth exercise is performed in the seated lotus position. Called "Strengthening the Supernatural Powers", it is a meditation intended to be maintained as long as possible.

If any of you practice these Qigong systems, I would appreciate it if you could enrich this post.

That was it, I open the discussion.

Maybe master Sandkuhl actually learned Falun Gong but forgot and had to rename it?聽

A person who learned 50 forms of Qigong in 20 years, including a method 1000-ends years old that his un-named chinese teacher empowered him to spread to the West, is likely to mix things up.聽

I would, in that position.聽

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cleansox said:

驴Quiz谩s el maestro Sandkuhl realmente aprendi贸 Falun Gong pero lo olvid贸 y tuvo que cambiarle el nombre?聽

Una persona que aprendi贸 50 formas de Qigong en 20 a帽os, incluido un m茅todo de hace 1000 a帽os que su maestro chino an贸nimo le permiti贸 difundir a Occidente, probablemente confundir谩 las cosas.聽

Yo lo har铆a, en esa posici贸n.聽

I would like to learn 50 styles of Qigong, but I would be ashamed to continue with a big belly and gray hair even when handling powerful, ancient and rejuvenating Chi Kung styles.

I would feel like the bald man who sells lotions for hair loss!

This is probably Falun Gong rebranded for political reasons. Its a decent qigong but controversial, in that practicing it constitutes a political challenge to a ban in China.聽

As much as I understand why they've tried to sanitise it in this way, I don't think you'll get anything good from it by disrespecting the lineage in this way. It's like taking a present from someone and then spitting in their face.

Just practice something else. There are plenty of other good qigong systems. I'd also not recommend anyone practice Falun Gong.聽

Master Georges Xu is the real deal and i would say has nothing at all to do with falun, i would imagine he learned it from another master,

• Thanks 1

I will quote from Tao Stillness:

You won't find a thread about Wu Wei Qigong anywhere. The little that is disclosed about is found on the site that sells the dvd, Purple Plum Pubications. Their series is called Chinese Living Treasures and they carry Master George Xu's dvds. He is a well known martial artist in the San Francisco Bay area. To ask questions about Wu Wei Qigong you could direct them to his senior student, Susan Matthews, since Master Xu usually does not reply to inquiries. From what Susan told me, Master Xu learned Wu Wei Qigong years ago from a Master in Shanghai and this was before Falun Gong was introduced by Master Li. And I prefer Wu Wei Qigong to Falun Gong because the static postures are not to be held anywhere near as long as Falun Gong requires. Falun wants you to hold a static posture for as long as you can. I found that the more I practiced the form the longer I could hold the postures and it was becoming 25 minutes for each posture but I had a life to live and could not devote that kind of time to qigong. With Wu Wei Qigong 5 minutes was fine and no more than 10 minutes per static posture. And there was no prohibition against doing any other type of Qigong like Falun Gong warns.

Both systems automatically install an energy wheel which spins in your lower dan tian acting to bring in Qi, and also to expel bad Qi on a 24/7 basis. So doing the form serves to keep the wheel working at maximum capacity. My medical clairvoyant reported that Wu Wei Qigong is more powerful than doing Falun Qigong and the wheel from Wu Wei has a different appearance than the wheel from Falun Gong. I think the name of the form, Wu Wei, is what confuses some people. I just ignored the name rather than racking my brain about what it had to do with the form. So that is all that I know about this subject. And Wu Wei being considered to mean "nothing", would be like saying the vacuum state of quantum physics is empty. Or that the Tao contains nothing or that outer space is just space.

thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Is it possible to buy the DVD of this form anywhere?

• Thanks 1