Maddie

Dealing with the dark side

2 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

looking several people in the eyes now and wondering if you get tired of your spiritual bullshit because I sure do.

looking for money I suppose. 

You can send me money if you like.

• Haha 2

damned if you do and damned if you don't.

what is best is not getting on the internet.

occasionally I read to see if there is worthy argumentation constructive

• Sad 1

then you will have to get your address to me and then explain in simply terms why you need money from me and why you think you possibly deserve it.

15 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

then you will have to get your address to me and then explain in simply terms why you need money from me and why you think you possibly deserve it.

I accept Paypal etc.  no problem.

I need the money for shopping.

I deserve it cos I'm white cat.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

I accept Paypal etc.  no problem.

I need the money for shopping.

I deserve it cos I'm white cat.

White cats are so entitled!

• Haha 2

Just to get back on topic - I was thinking about a couple of points:

1 ) I'm not saying anyone suggested this in this way, but if you encounter 'stuff' and say it's just mind etc. you have to remember that 'mind' is vast as the sky and contains all possible modes of expression and being. So it's not like saying it's all in the mind i.e. imagination - unless by imagination you mean the Mind's capacity to produce images.  So even if you accept this it can be advantageous or necessary to take certain steps.

2  )  I think when you practice and accumulate some level of 'energy' or 'merit' then you will attract things that formerly left you alone - and if you get some siddhis start to perceive them.  I think it's important to cultivate the view that the universe (of Mind) is infinite and mysterious and that one should not approach it casually or in a sloppy way.  You can go through stages where you become a psychic sponge.  This is quite good in the long run and I'm not suggesting mild paranoia as a way of life - but more care and respect in that you are dealing with something very powerful and life changing.  Your emotions come into play in a way that perhaps formerly they weren't and so on.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

Just to get back on topic - I thinking about a couple of points:

1 ) I'm not saying anyone suggested this in this way, but if you encounter 'stuff' and say it's just mind etc. you have to remember that 'mind' is vast as the sky and contains all possible modes of expression and being. So it's not like saying it's all in the mind i.e. imagination - unless by imagination you mean the Mind's capacity to produce images.  So even if you accept this it can be advantageous or necessary to take certain steps.

2  )  I think when you practice and accumulate some level of 'energy' or 'merit' then you will attract things that formerly left you alone - and if you get some siddhis start to perceive them.  I think it's important to cultivate the view that the universe (of Mind) is infinite and mysterious and that one should not approach it casually or in a sloppy way.  You can go through stages where you become a psychic sponge.  This quite good in the long run and I'm not suggesting mild paranoia as a way of life - but more care and respect in that you are dealing with something very powerful and life changing.  Your emotions come into play in a way that perhaps formerly they weren't and so on.

Of-course-its-happening-inside-your-head-Harry.-Why-should-that-mean-that-its-not-real.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

well I disagree.

I dont use mind universally.

This is actually very understandable from the materialist point of view that sees the brain and the mind as synonymous. In fact it's the only point of view that is scientifically provable.

2 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

This is actually very understandable from the materialist point of view that sees the brain and the mind as synonymous.

th?id=OIP.2NvObLm8M43IW3BGqVzs3AAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=288&h=122

1 minute ago, Limahong said:

th?id=OIP.2NvObLm8M43IW3BGqVzs3AAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=288&h=122

That's true, but then you have the Liver Hun that is said to fly around at night and result in dreams and is what is responsible for reincarnation. 

6f7f9177792a84a7059e67754c14566d.jpg

overall its best I dont give time and attention HERE.

curt and cold perhaps but its necessary to go tend to my chop wood carry water.

and I am NOT open for anyone to think they can insert ideas based on their own understandings of heart/mind.

so in a nutshell: I disagree with everything

clean my room takes precedence 

1 hour ago, idiot_stimpy said:

My path is along the lines of non-effort or effortless meditation. Mantras can stir stuff up and if it becomes too much, I agree with you, its better to stop.  Celibacy and fasting can also be powerful to stir things up.

In regards to mantras something else I've noticed interesting over a span of several years is I can do very limited amounts of the Manjushri mantra and that usually is enough to set me on a several months-long course of questioning everything that I thought I knew and looking for answers period ironically even though it's a Buddhist mantra it causes me to question a lot about Buddhism.

Manjushri-by-Graham-Dyer-web.jpg

Edited by dmattwads

once again proving to myself that I dont need in this conversation

:-)

spiritual foolishness has NO place at MY TABLE

see its real simple. start from beginning:

the energy up my feet and lower legs is the problem. thats the little crumb that is a lie.

IT was not me.

not interested in that treat. I think that is major misconception here.

and I can accept it as a mistake.

and I make plenty of my own. dont need anyone elses help comments or suggestions

not more mantras and Buddhism.

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior. truly.

the rest of the stuff is side tracking bullshit

Edited by sagebrush
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

once again proving to myself that I dont need in this conversation

:-)

spiritual foolishness has NO place at MY TABLE

Okay clearly you want some attention even if it's negative so in my compassion I will try to provide that attention.

"Oh no how can you say that how dare you" 😐.

You're welcome.

tumblr_pwb1sl0OO91uhh267o4_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

j dpiafpdjpfjdpjfdjpfjdiajfpdaijfijdapfjdsajfidjsafjsfjewijpoj [aiu[kkm

capiche?

Edited by sagebrush

6 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

and as long as we offering up hulk legos and cat talk-

Oh the Lego was not the hulk that was a giant troll ;)

412QCJRGBDL.jpg

Edited by dmattwads
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sagebrush said:

my journey started only with my eyes on one person.

and as long as we offering up hulk legos and cat talk-

then some Buddhist stuff we are finished for the day.

productivity with keeping my mind out of the gutter.

of unnecessary baggage of mental capacity