Maddie

Dealing with the dark side

Is it possible to reach and maintain "Self Realization" without having been tested to the most extreme limits at some point?  Going by the many accounts of various spiritual masters, gurus and in some cases everyday people, the answer is no...so who wants to jump in line  and surrender their human self (or who is really prepared) for extreme tests from "the dark side"?  (including from one's own dark side meaning possible fails by  mind, soul, and ego's temptations to get siddhi's...also and even with the help of masters and gurus such tests in the end must still be faced - alone !)

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, old3bob said:

some good points given above.  Agreed with the implication that ultimately there is only one energy and at that purest level it is beyond good or evil...but as it sounds like you are implying, and make no mistake about it, that in the manifest worlds energy goes through filters, like light goes through a prism, which then results in good and evil forces at various/relative levels.  So the warning of  "BUT  if one has not achieved the higher levels  don't jump to a higher mode of working  - dangerous"    speaks to me of the idealistic and "dangerous" state of the unqualified  assuming everything is ok because energy is ultimately pure - so how could they be hurt (?)  

a simple math analogy:   +2 does not balance  -6 in an equation 

Within the context that I was writing, the   relativity of good or evil forces are mostly socio-cultural , thats why specific traditions count .

I dont know about this 'energy coming down through filters and creating good and evil .

Yes, someone  working above their level    may have been generated by the concept of   " the idealistic and "dangerous" state of the unqualified  assuming everything is ok because energy is ultimately pure "   ...  or they assume they are balanced or expert or whatever else .

5 hours ago, sagebrush said:

looking several people in the eyes now and wondering if you get tired of your spiritual bullshit because I sure do.

looking for money I suppose. 

Instead of hiding behind innuendo ... try to develop the courage to   cough up and say what is actually bugging you .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Apech said:

You can send me money if you like.

I can outstare  him any day !

Try me

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScBa-XhxaGqRAulKOjBTh

First to blink has to  pay the other  $50  .

• Haha 1

damned if you do and damned if you don't.

what is best is not getting on the internet.

occasionally I read to see if there is worthy argumentation constructive

Or maybe  take some online lessons in sentence construction, punctuation and grammar ?

then you will have to get your address to me and then explain in simply terms why you need money from me and why you think you possibly deserve it.

Because of all his   'spiritual bullshit'   ..... you must owe him a HEAP of $$$ s by now  ! 

(Dude cant even remember what he  himself  wrote  :rolleyes:  )

5 hours ago, Apech said:

I accept Paypal etc.  no problem.

I need the money for shopping.

I deserve it cos I'm white cat.

Shopping .... sure mate !    :rolleyes:

( probably going down town and blow the lot on catnip !  )

2371f00f4786282a0db16474e877ccd7.jpg

• Haha 1

oh here comes the dog pile

I hope many a 'dog pile'   graces your front lawn    :) 

3 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I do not know what you are talking about. online lessons in grammer spelling and punctuation.

too busy for fluff

"grammer spelling and punctuation" - good one, a classic in fact.

Edited by Apech
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, sagebrush said:

overall its best I dont give time and attention HERE.

Well then , thank you for the time and attention you yourself chose to give  and also thnk you for the time and attention you gave in informing us that  it is best that you do not give time and attention here .

curt and cold perhaps but its necessary to go tend to my chop wood carry water.

yes, by now the fire would be out and the tank empty ... you better go attend to it right now .

and I am NOT open for anyone to think they can insert ideas based on their own understandings of heart/mind.

Just wanted to insert here that my idea of  heart and mind  is based on my own understandings .

so in a nutshell: I disagree with everything

I think we all know someone like that .

clean my room takes precedence 

living-in-the-trash-8b7b.jpg

Thats probably a good idea !

• Haha 1

once again proving to myself that I dont need in this conversation

:-)

spiritual foolishness has NO place at MY TABLE

see its real simple. start from beginning:

the energy up my feet and lower legs is the problem. thats the little crumb that is a lie.

IT was not me.

not interested in that treat. I think that is major misconception here.

and I can accept it as a mistake.

and I make plenty of my own. dont need anyone elses help comments or suggestions

not more mantras and Buddhism.

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior. truly.

the rest of the stuff is side tracking bullshit

Aha !   NOW I understand what happened to you .

23 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I do not know what you are talking about. online lessons in grammer spelling and punctuation.

too busy for fluff

Nope ... never to busy for a bit of fluff

Spoiler

8465247.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

"  occasionally I read to see if there is worthy argumentation constructive  "

If you didnt know what I meant about that , I doubt you have the capacity to understand what people here are writing .

Jesus saviour stuff is probably the better option for you .

59 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Within the context that I was writing, the   relativity of good or evil forces are mostly socio-cultural , thats why specific traditions count .

I dont know about this 'energy coming down through filters and creating good and evil .

Yes, someone  working above their level    may have been generated by the concept of   " the idealistic and "dangerous" state of the unqualified  assuming everything is ok because energy is ultimately pure "   ...  or they assume they are balanced or expert or whatever else .

ok about the  socio-cultural context which can be major...while I meant more along the lines of universal dharma's (or anti-dharma's) that can cut across all variations of beings, thus what is good or evil in dharmic ways.  (not unlike the recognition/reaction that most beings can have when it comes to similar feelings that universal music can engender or enliven)

the inverted triangle is a symbol of spirit descending or coming down.  (into forms which act as filters if you will)

2 hours ago, sagebrush said:

Forms. why do you say forms?

Hi sagebrush,

We are all informed forms.

data-information-knowledge-wisdom.gif?width=445&name=data-information-knowledge-wisdom.gif

As a sage ~ are you well-informed?

- Anand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, old3bob said:

ok about the  socio-cultural context which can be major...while I meant more along the lines of universal dharma's (or anti-dharma's) that can cut across all variations of beings, thus what is good or evil in dharmic ways.  (not unlike the recognition/reaction that most beings can have when it comes to similar feelings that universal music can engender or enliven)

the inverted triangle is a symbol of spirit descending or coming down.  (into forms which act as filters if you will)

From my perspective all such concepts are  socio-culturally based .   Even if projected out into  'universals'  .  There are some fundamental human  archetypes that all humans recognise, regardless of culture, but this does not seem to include concepts of what is good or bad   .

The inverted triangle is also culturally variable ; the 3 bodies of Buddahood ;  elementally and alchemically ;  water ,  a Nazi prisoner ,  ' a map of Tassie '  ,  denotes the vector of partial derivatives , etc .

Proper 'Universal'  symbols are human archetypes  - ie, a symbol that can be recognised  by a human from any  time,  location or culture

depositphotos_22337753-stock-illustratio                  3283.png  04efabec1fa1e3a7ba9e0cb61c86bc2e.png :P

Edited by Nungali