Taomeow

It is known

In a little town in Switzerland, there's a very large and very elegant lunatic asylum...  sorry...  mental health institution, located in a remote area and looking quite magnificent against the backdrop of snow-covered mountains.  There's a bus stop nearby.  It is fake.  it's been installed there in order to fool any patient who might manage to escape.  He sees the bus stop so he stays there waiting for the bus.  He'll be waiting for a long time.  Up until he's caught.  

Edited by Taomeow

That's got me thinking...

Given the circumstances here regarding our history...  could Earth be a version of one of those 'bus stops' on a galactic scale?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

That's got me thinking...

Given the circumstances here regarding our history...  could Earth be a version of one of those 'bus stops' on a galactic scale?

I'd say Earth is the institution.  And the bus stop is for people like Elon Musk.  

But my initial vision was of our political system.  Our eternal wait for the bus that will take us away from madness.  It is fake and they will catch us every single time.  But even if we escaped...  even if that bus arrived, by a miracle of god...  wouldn't the escaping lunatic take his madness with him wherever he goes?..    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Spotted today in San Diego

8fgxfszeq7b61.jpg

How to respond?  Sad, confused, haha, thanks...all the possible responses seem equally appropriate to me, which makes sense when you think about it: the first sign of the zombie apocalypse is a garbled mind. :huh:

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

How to respond?  Sad, confused, haha, thanks...all the possible responses seem equally appropriate to me, which makes sense when you think about it: the first sign of the zombie apocalypse is a garbled mind. :huh:

This reminds me of the book I once read, by an anthropologist and researcher Wade Davis, about voodoo sorcerers in Haiti and their methods of making zombies.  He found that zombies are greatly feared by the general population, but the fear is not of being attacked by zombies -- a very minor concern -- but of being turned into a zombie, something a sorcerer can do to you if commissioned for the task.  These sorcerers are professionals, they don't do it out of the baseness of their nature, they do it if hired for the task, and also if they seek power in the community.  Power and money are the objectives of turning people into zombies. 

Being turned into a zombie is thought of as the most terrifying fate that can befall a human being on earth.  I'd say those simple people's minds are far less garbled than the minds of our society that voluntarily offer themselves to the process of zombification on a daily basis.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1