Taomeow

It is known

"In the spring of 1979, the Archbishop of El Salvador, Oscar Romero, went to the Vatican. He asked, begged, begged Pope John Paul II for an audience, but in vain. Finally, standing in line of believers waiting for a blessing, Romero reached His Holiness to steal a few minutes from him. He tried to give the Pope a weighty report with photographs and testimonies, but the Pope did not accept it. “I don’t have time for that much reading,” he replied. Romero muttered that thousands of Salvadorans were being tortured and killed on orders from the military, that just yesterday the army shot 25 people right in front of the cathedral. The Holy Father interrupted him dryly: “Do not exaggerate, Mr. Archbishop!” And then demanded and ordered: “You must learn to negotiate with the government! A true Christian does not create problems for the authorities! The Church strives for peace and harmony! " Ten months later, Archbishop Romero was shot while serving in the Cathedral of San Salvador. Bullets hit him as he passed out the communion. John Paul II was recently declared a saint ... "
From the book "Mirrors" by Eduardo Galeano, 2008

These nice-looking young guys are posing on the eve of their mission.  They are about to kill 146,000 civilians.

They just followed orders.    

How crew of the Enola Gay recalled the first atomic bomb in history -  Business Insider

they just followed orders here also:

The Children of Chernobyl

By Mary Kugler, RN 

Fact checked by James Lacy 

Updated on May 31, 2020

In 1986, a meltdown at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in what was then the Soviet Union showered radioactive particles all over Ukraine and neighboring countries. The children affected by the radiation have come to be known as the Children of Chernobyl. Here is a brief recap of the event and the health issues that Children of Chernobyl continue to face.

Yuri Kozyrev / Getty Images

The Nuclear Accident

On April 26, 1986, at 1:23 a.m., an explosion and fire occurred in Reactor Number 4 of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in what is now Ukraine. Before engineers and scientists could get it under control, 190 tons of highly radioactive material were released into the atmosphere. The radioactive particles rained down not only on Chernobyl, but all over Ukraine, as well as the neighboring countries of Belarus and Russia, and drifted over to other European countries such as Poland. Scientists estimate that the amount of particles released was equivalent to 400 times the radiation from the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima. The Chernobyl accident remains the largest peacetime nuclear disaster ever.

Medical Consequences

The massive radiation killed 31 people within a short time, mostly plant workers and people close to the accident site who died of radiation sickness. As time passed it became clear that the accident had left a number of serious long-term health problems for the people who lived in the area. These health problems were made worse by poverty, poor nutrition, and lack of medical care in the region.

Thyroid Cancer and Chernobyl Children

Most people around the world have forgotten the events of 1986. People in the area, however, are reminded of the nuclear accident whenever they look at young adults born during that time. Those who were exposed to high radiation levels when they were younger than 5 years old are most likely to suffer from health consequences, including stunted growth, poor dental health, and immune disorders. Chernobyl children also had 10 times higher than the normal rate of thyroid cancer.1

Children of Chernobyl Today

According to Chernobyl Children International, as of 2015, the events of 1986 continue to affect millions of people who live in the fallout zone today and more than one million children live in areas that are still contaminated.2

In Ukraine, 6,000 children are born every year with genetic heart defects.

Every year, more than 3,000 Ukrainian children die from lack of medical attention.

There has been a 200 percent increase in birth defects and a 250 percent increase in congenital birth deformities in children born in the Chernobyl fallout area since 1986.

In Belarus, 85% of children are deemed to be Chernobyl victims (they carry genetic markers that could affect their health at any time and can be passed on to their children).

UNICEF found increases in children’s disease rates, There has been a 38 percent increase in malignant tumors, a 43 percent increase in blood circulatory illnesses and a 63 percent increase in bone, muscle, and connective tissue system disorders.

What the Future Holds

Today, organizations such as the Chernobyl Children International work to provide medical care, medical supplies, clothing and other support for children of the Chernobyl region. It is not clear what the future of the children of the Chernobyl region will be, but for now, some are happier, healthier, and surviving illness because of the generosity of these organizations.

(some say Chernobyl translated means wormwood (which is also in the Bible) but I don't know about that connotation,  anyway there is this info :  "Chernobyl bears poetic connotations in folklore, for a number of reasons. Its strong smell is evocative of the steppe, as various species of Artemisia are widespread there—though the town of Chornobyl is in the wooded and swampy Polissia region, quite far from the steppe. Chernobyl roots were used in folk medicine for deworming and to heal neurotic conditions, although an overdose could lead to neurological disorders, including memory loss. In Ukrainian folklore, it is used to banish the mischievous water nymphs called rusalky"

Edited by old3bob

A pharmaceutical factory in Taiwan explodes.  "Cause unknown." 

(It is known.)

This factory was the second largest supplier of hydroxychloroquine raw materials to the world in the world.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, old3bob said:

Union Carbide.  No worries, nothing like what happened in Taiwan will happen to their facilities.  They are a producer of polyethylene glycol (PEG) which is used in covid-19 vaccines.  Praise be.    

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/suspicions-grow-nanoparticles-pfizer-s-covid-19-vaccine-trigger-rare-allergic-reactions

having worked most of my life at a large industrial site where there were  chemicals galore (including hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, sodium cyanide, very strong caustic, chlorine, various boiler water treatment chemicals, also several lung impacting particulates like asbestos, fly ash, ground up quartz, fiberglass, coal dust, and diesel fumes,  all sorts of other potential dangers like high temperature steam leaks, high pressure hydraulic oil,  risks with various air and and water line breaks, sudden mechanical failures of powerful rotating equipment or close calls with heavy driven equipment, improper operations of process equipment or its isolation and line up,  improper tool use or unsafe welding practices, contamination of drinking water, high voltage electrical dangers via miscommunication or mistakes, explosives handling with ammonium nitrate and dynamite that no one wants to think about going wrong, mine cave ins, fires or floods (which never turned major),  last but not least worker fatigue, shift work and incomplete or rushed job training which can contribute to hairy events happening... thus I've lived right in midst of where accidents for whatever reason can and sometimes did happen even with good safety training (although not often thank god) which a lot of us don't think could normally happen (near us anyway) but they do and I've seen several 1st hand...and out of those several a certain percentage could have been gone fatal.    (btw. some I heard about second hand at related location were fatal) 

Edited by old3bob

I worked in natural gas industry.  Yes, I know accidents happen.    

Just not a coincidence theorist re the Taiwanese facility specifically.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I worked in natural gas industry.  Yes, I know accidents happen.    

Just not a coincidence theorist re the Taiwanese facility specifically.  

yea, our facility used a whole lot of natural gas which we had close to zero problems with on the supply side of it, although once it got to our equipment problems arose now and then related to  operational controls or maintenance.  I remember one time when we were purging a huge receiver where nasty black condensate was designed to settle out.  There was a young engineer with us who had on fancy new leather suede boots and fancy western wear to match.  When we purged the receiver that black crude came streaming out with some shooting up into the air  like a geyser whereupon that engineer moved as fast as humanely possible to not get a drop of the crude on him, while his boss, an old salty engineer smiled and chuckled at the kid, knowing all along what was going to happen...;)

(moral of the story:  office clothes not so good for field work)

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nungali said:

And that's just a natural immune peculiarity that keeps calling the shots 130,000 years later.  Imagine the repercussions for posterity of what is currently being done to our immune systems and our DNA that they were never meant to accommodate or evolve toward.

My guess is, it's a moot point though.  130,000 years from now is the least of our worries.  No chance in hell for it to ever become our worry.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't start going extinct as a species in 13.     

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

Anyone's thoughts on the vaccine? I think the safest one would be the inactivated one they have used in China.

I'm not sure I trust the process of mRNA vaccines that have never been tested before, the technology initially developed as "cancer vaccines" as immunological target treatments.  The reason I'm concerned is because we don't know if the mRNA vaccines cause long-term epigenetic changes that affect the immune system, causing autoimmune illnesses and reactions being my main concern. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this @Taomeow 

Edited by anshino23
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, anshino23 said:

Anyone's thoughts on the vaccine? I think the safest one would be the inactivated one they have used in China.

I'm not sure I trust the process of mRNA vaccines that have never been tested before, the technology initially developed as "cancer vaccines" as immunological target treatments.  The reason I'm concerned is because we don't know if the mRNA vaccines cause long-term epigenetic changes that affect the immune system, causing autoimmune illnesses and reactions being my main concern. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this @Taomeow 

Thanks for asking...  but...  I'm not picking up a live grenade of a subject.  My apologies.    

• Like 1

23 hours ago, anshino23 said:

I got asked yesterday if I would take it .

response  " I would not  even take the regular flu vaccine  "  (or whatever it is )  .    .  .  . and I haven't had a flue / cold bug for years now .

The joy of 'semi-hermitage '    ! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Thanks for asking...  but...  I'm not picking up a live grenade of a subject.  My apologies.    

No worries! Completely understand. :)

• Like 1

On 28/12/2020 at 6:57 AM, Taomeow said:

And that's just a natural immune peculiarity that keeps calling the shots 130,000 years later.  Imagine the repercussions for posterity of what is currently being done to our immune systems and our DNA that they were never meant to accommodate or evolve toward.

My guess is, it's a moot point though.  130,000 years from now is the least of our worries.  No chance in hell for it to ever become our worry.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't start going extinct as a species in 13.     

image.png.90bdea3784fe58f56342af5c2c649b18.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Nungali said:

image.png.90bdea3784fe58f56342af5c2c649b18.png

These will be the morlocks.  I imagine we'll also have the eloi:

High Poly Cyborg Bust 3D Model $99 - .ztl - Free3D

I'm not worried abut that . 

my   personalised   sex robots will fight them off .

image.png.82a452019b90fa59f30f464524c615f0.png

( what the f**** is that human woman       'partner' ?      ' so amused about  ? ? ?  :o  )

• Confused 1