Taomeow

It is known

On 12/06/2021 at 10:48 PM, liminal_luke said:

Not at all, Bindi.  I was referring to Vaccine Pride in a general way.  Here´s an article over at EATER that talks about a new hot fashion item -- buttons announcing vaccination status.  https://www.eater.com/22526104/covid-vaccine-pin-accessory-flair-restaurants  For some, announcing vaccination is a form of virtue signaling.  

While you and I are coming to some different conclusions about the pandemic, I can tell you´re thinking about the issues carefully and diligently.  The way I figure, we´re all just doing our best.

I predicted this 'proud display' a while back ;

438439b73b54fe349d06ccf2d05b157c.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taomeow said:

”Fichte laid it down that education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished. But in his day this was an unattainable ideal: what he regarded as the best system in existence produced Karl Marx. In future such failures are not likely to occur where there is dictatorship. Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible.”

”The system, one may surmise, will be something like this: except possibly in the governing aristocracy, all but 5 per cent of males and 30 per cent of females will be sterilized. The 30 per cent of females will be expected to spend the years from eighteen to forty in reproduction, in order to secure adequate cannon fodder.”

Gradually, by selective breeding, the congenital differences between rulers and ruled will increase until they become almost different species. A revolt of the plebs would become as unthinkable as an organized insurrection of sheep against the practice of eating mutton.”

-- Bertrand Russell, The Impact of Science on Society, 1952

OMG   My prediction   ( actually , in the form of stand up comedy sketch  ... but - who knows ) )  about  ...

Barnaby's Baby   ....   might come true .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_17q85SzY1JlaMfkShzE

( One might have to be an aussie to get that . )

Barnarby has a long history of  pollie boys club stupidity.  Then he rooted one of the women in parliament and they had a baby.  My contention is, that was a special pollies breeding plan  ..... its taken generations to breed morons like this  ... to get the parents of our new and upcoming super PM .

Of course, Barnaby got kicked out .  But recently when our PM was OS  Barnaby got elected as vice PM and they voted the other out, effectively making him our PM de jure , also, due to numerous complaints,  comments, sackings and a rape in parliament house , a new investigation / re education has been started about men's attitude in government  .... the old  vice PM was in charge of that .... so now Barnaby is in charge of that , which caused outrage.  He has promised he will oversee it fairly      :rolleyes:    .

Politicians promising things  .......  :rolleyes:

74a929515c696969f6039fcad02d6253

"Yes, I did get $150,000 for that media interview when my career  ended , 

but as soon as the cheque clears , I'll be back ."

• Like 1

People who throw around the expression "conspiracy theory"

applied indiscriminately to anything and everything that doesn't conform to their indoctrination 

as a quick-stick label 

originally implanted into social exchange specifically as a weaponized neuroinvasive cognitive parasite 

toward eliminating independent thinking and eradicating dissent

in any and all areas where indoctrination could otherwise suffer from losing its monopoly on whatever it is designed to sell

have blood on their hands.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Thanks 1

I´ve noticed how the concept of "conspiracy theories" can be used to avoid engagement and dialogue.  Say someone makes an assertion like, I dunno...people who are fully vaccinated against COVID are more likely to die from the Delta variant.  Instead of investigating the veracity of that assertion by considering the actual evidence it´s labeled a "conspiracy theory."  Once so labeled, the idea and the people who believe the idea can be dismissed.  It goes further.  Apparently it´s not enough to dismiss so-called conspiracy theorists -- they also need to be diagnosed.  What psychological and spiritual deficits might a person have that would predispose them to believe in conspiracy theories?  Several Bums have weighed in on this important question.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

I´ve noticed how the concept of "conspiracy theories" can be used to avoid engagement and dialogue.  Say someone makes an assertion like, I dunno...people who are fully vaccinated against COVID are more likely to die from the Delta variant.  Instead of investigating the veracity of that assertion by considering the actual evidence it´s labeled a "conspiracy theory."  Once so labeled, the idea and the people who believe the idea can be dismissed.  It goes further.  Apparently it´s not enough to dismiss so-called conspiracy theorists -- they also need to be diagnosed.  What psychological and spiritual deficits might a person have that would predispose them to believe in conspiracy theories?  Several Bums have weighed in on this important question.  

Every time someone uses this expression, I get flashbacks of all the movies I've seen, books I've read, stories told by the surviving older people in the family, and visions coming from -- who knows -- ancestral memory, genetic memory, morphogenic fields, whatever -- about concentration camps, death camps.  Most often at the forefront of the vision is this SS officer, dressed in his smart black uniform, hysterically screaming, "Death to subhuman conspiracy theorists!!"  Sometimes he's NKVD (a forerunner of the KGB), same thing: "Death to the enemy-of-the-people conspiracy theorists!!"  Sometimes he's wearing a blue Mao suit and yells, "Death to revisionist conspiracy theorists!!"  Sometimes he sports a pith helmet, is dressed in khaki, and is wielding a whip:  "Death to the disobedient-to-the-master conspiracy theorists!!" 

The funny thing is, all of these people were conspiracy perpetrators.  They came to power via a conspiracy.  Not a conspiracy theory.  An actual conspiracy that most of them worked for years or decades to bring to fruition.  But it's those who noticed that got slapped with the label.  Projection/transference is a bitch.    

• Like 2

The season of CA wildfires is approaching.  In other places, people worry about hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, blizzards, earthquakes (well, CA worries a bit about earthquakes too, but San Diego is not thought of as the most at-risk area for a big one, and the ones that knock a glass off the edge of your desk, while not quite as cute as when a cat does that, are not particularly unnerving for those who have already experienced a few of those -- well, for a few minutes, yes, but then confirmation bias kicks in and everybody calms down quickly.)   Here, we worry about wildfires.  They happen every year like clockwork.  Almost half of all homes in the US identified as being at risk are in California. 

Before 1986, a wildfire was contained on average in less than eight days. Since then, the average wildfire has burned for 37 days.  Firefighters are quitting in record numbers and new recruits are getting harder to enlist for the job due to extremely low pay.  The starting salary for members of the elite "hotshot" team is $13.45 an hour.  Firefighters save lives, countless lives, and ideally should be reimbursed at a higher rate than the most heroic of surgeons -- who don't risk their own life while saving someone else's -- but instead they are finding that they could make as much working in a fast food joint, and more on unemployment.  In a typical fire, they get exposed to humongous amounts of carcinogenic chemicals, resulting in a very high rate of cancer, resulting in being unable to prove that their illness was job related -- "you could have been exposed to chemicals anywhere."  They also have a very high rate of cardiac arrests -- the job is not just stressful, it has its moments of the highest possible stress a human being can endure, both physical and mental.  In between shifts they don't get to rest in a hotel -- they sleep in the dirt.  Stuff like that.  

I should stop thinking about...  well, about everything.  Gautama Buddha is said to have ultimately gained enlightenment as the outcome of discovering that there's suffering in the world.  Lucky he.  Most people gain nothing but heartache.      

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The unsung and unknown continuously step up in epic heroic fashion.

where would humanity or the world be without their sacrifices ?

Merit is gained along with heartache; FWIW

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Taomeow said:

The season of CA wildfires is approaching.  In other places, people worry about hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, blizzards, earthquakes (well, CA worries a bit about earthquakes too, but San Diego is not thought of as the most at-risk area for a big one, and the ones that knock a glass off the edge of your desk, while not quite as cute as when a cat does that, are not particularly unnerving for those who have already experienced a few of those -- well, for a few minutes, yes, but then confirmation bias kicks in and everybody calms down quickly.)   Here, we worry about wildfires.  They happen every year like clockwork.  Almost half of all homes in the US identified as being at risk are in California. 

Before 1986, a wildfire was contained on average in less than eight days. Since then, the average wildfire has burned for 37 days.  Firefighters are quitting in record numbers and new recruits are getting harder to enlist for the job due to extremely low pay.  The starting salary for members of the elite "hotshot" team is $13.45 an hour.  Firefighters save lives, countless lives, and ideally should be reimbursed at a higher rate than the most heroic of surgeons -- who don't risk their own life while saving someone else's -- but instead they are finding that they could make as much working in a fast food joint, and more on unemployment.  In a typical fire, they get exposed to humongous amounts of carcinogenic chemicals, resulting in a very high rate of cancer, resulting in being unable to prove that their illness was job related -- "you could have been exposed to chemicals anywhere."  They also have a very high rate of cardiac arrests -- the job is not just stressful, it has its moments of the highest possible stress a human being can endure, both physical and mental.  In between shifts they don't get to rest in a hotel -- they sleep in the dirt.  Stuff like that.  

I should stop thinking about...  well, about everything.  Gautama Buddha is said to have ultimately gained enlightenment as the outcome of discovering that there's suffering in the world.  Lucky he.  Most people gain nothing but heartache.      

They get paid over there ?    Ours dont  ... apparently   ours 'dont want to be paid '  according to our genius leader ;

... they must do it for 'fun'

Scott Morrison rejects paying volunteer firefighters battling unprecedented blaze, says 'they want to be out there'

https://7news.com.au/politics/scott-morrison/scott-morrison-rejects-paying-volunteer-firefighters-battling-unprecedented-blaze-says-they-want-to-be-out-there--c-598843

oregon-firefighters-break-04-ap-llr-2009

anyway, all the best for Cal ,  we know what that is like , good luck .   Here winter is cold and wet , that's unusual but promising , if it continues , in a certain way, things will be damp and green for summer , or in another way, it encourages more growth  and if followed by dry, the more growth dries out and creates more fuel .

Last year when fires where bad here and I stayed out on the coast  at Dave's place and that  amazing spot  behind that quiet little beach ,  I was wondering what I would do this summer if it turns out bad ( since he left the area ) .  Then yesterday, I saw him in town and he told me he got offered his old job back there and the same house   :D . I offered to pay some rent in advance .  and reserved the top  back room  that faces the beach ... Yahoo   ( thanks 'Mum' - booglebear )

f4717a49388a7b2c460a310a7655b4cd.jpg

• Like 2

What should we do with category X?
* All businesses must provide a list of their employees who are in category X.
* Category X employees must be dismissed.
* But since dismissal is unconstitutional, they are simply suspended from work with no salary.
* For X, it is forbidden to visit restaurants and public catering. 
* X is prohibited from playing sports and relaxing in parks, squares, etc.
* Category X is prohibited from using public transportation.
* Category X is prohibited from visiting theaters, cinema and concerts.
* Category X is prohibited from working in government agencies, in hospitals, educational organizations (schools and universities), in the tourist business, in the hotel business, as well as in all areas related to public services."

These are orders of the Nazi authorities regarding the Jews of Holland during the occupation of 1940-1945
(B.A. Kurkin "Neutrals of Europe and France in the Second World War", p. 130-132)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1