Taomeow

It is known

On 10/28/2020 at 8:06 PM, Taomeow said:

Squabbles between two heads of the same bird merely ensure that both are fed our lifeblood in equal measure.  It gets fatter and greedier no matter which head's turn it is to feed.         

Such is the nature of any empire, but a global empire is beyond anyone's worst nightmares who might try to retain a shred of humanity inside its chomping maw.  And yet any step away from that maw is a step toward the abyss, now that we are less than a week away from the possibility of either the decisive push or the decisive chomp.  

I never voted and I hardly ever prayed.  Not after Laozi's nonchalant admission anyway: the sage doesn't give a flying through a rolling about the straw dogs. 

Time to practice.

っ ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)っ🎔

So, what nice, positive, inspiring name should we call a comprehensive ironclad plan developed by a small group of all-powerful elite billionaires to digitize all life on the planet (plant, animal and human), privatize all of it, genetically modify all of it, implement absolute totalitarian surveillance and control over it, crush any and all resistance or noncompliance, extract maximum profit from it and discard its dead empty shell?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

that diabolical planetary octopus* of pure malice and greed does not prevail, although it does a great deal of harm on its way down.

(*one name out of many possible)

6 hours ago, old3bob said:

that diabolical planetary octopus* of pure malice and greed does not prevail, although it does a great deal of harm on its way down.

(*one name out of many possible)

I was looking for a nice, positive, inspiring name.  Like they used to name their various causes historically -- "The Great Leap Forward,"  "The Law for the Prevention of Genetically Defective Progeny," "The Final Solution" --  names that inspired confidence and enthusiastic support in the populations tasked with accomplishing those goals, because they sounded so timely and necessary to the appropriately pre-conditioned ears.      

How about this one?  Inspiring, isn't it?  

Right In Your Face! The Great Reset Reshapes Everything (RTD Quick Take) -  YouTube

(As for the octopus metaphor, I don't think using its image to represent all-pervasive evil is fair to the octopus, a sentient creature with not a single bone in its body, let alone an evil bone.  That thing we're scheduled to be gobbled up by is not biological.  It's not an animal.  It's a machine.  You can't "reset" an animal.  You can only "reset" a machine.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I was looking for a nice, positive, inspiring name.  Like they used to name their various causes historically -- "The Great Leap Forward,"  "The Law for the Prevention of Genetically Defective Progeny," "The Final Solution" --  names that inspired confidence and enthusiastic support in the populations tasked with accomplishing those goals, because they sounded so timely and necessary to the appropriately pre-conditioned ears.      

Right In Your Face! The Great Reset Reshapes Everything (RTD Quick Take) -  YouTube

(As for the octopus metaphor, I don't think using its image to represent all-pervasive evil is fair to the octopus, a sentient creature with not a single bone in its body, let alone an evil bone.  That thing we're scheduled to be gobbled up by is not biological.  It's not an animal.  It's a machine.  You can't "reset" an animal.  You can only "reset" a machine.)

Love.

Respect.

*bow*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Democrats on the left, Republicans on the right.  Both make sense -- as long as they speak the language of my people.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

technically so per a sea creature, but analogy wise the tentacle's are definitely there.  I'd also say that a machine can not technically act against the Tao but a being can try through willful, machine like manipulations.

"what is against the Tao will soon cease to be"

Hell, Lucifer fits your drift being it means something nice  and inspiring namely,  "morning star".  

3 minutes ago, old3bob said:

"what is against the Tao will soon cease to be"

True.  We would have to define "soon" though.  Considering tao is eternal...  might have to wait a minute.

4 minutes ago, old3bob said:

Hell, Lucifer fits your drift being it means something nice  and inspiring namely,  "morning star".  

Diana Lucifera, "light bearer," used to be cool.  

Myt. Clas. Diana (Artemis) Statues. For "Diana Triforum", See Hecate. â  Google Arts & Culture 

Her previous incarnation, Hecate, was a bit more controversial...

Hecate dogs

To say nothing of the original Sumerian Inanna/Babylonian Ishtar...

Inanna with Liberty Torch _ Anunnaki, ancient Sumerian goddess | Ancient  sumer, Sumerian, Ishtar

But the lady they passed the torch to stands for Liberty, of course.   

• Like 5

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

more or less we all have selective reading of posts which is proven by our responses.

"Spit in the eye of whoever tells you it's possible to embrace the unembraceable." -- Kozma Prutkov

33 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

"Spit in the eye of whoever tells you it's possible to embrace the unembraceable." -- Kozma Prutkov

which I would take as meaning vice is not virtue, and virtue is not vice. (in the eye (as an analogy) of Tao)

58 minutes ago, old3bob said:

which I would take as meaning vice is not virtue, and virtue is not vice. (in the eye (as an analogy) of Tao)

More like "what is huge can't be comprehensively addressed point by point" -- including a difference in opinion that is huge ("unembraceable"-- no one's arms are long enough to comprehensively embrace all of it), a huge discrepancy in what two different people perceive as "vice" and "virtue" -- also the sheer volume of written material showing up on social media, including on this forum --

which is why what you pointed out is unavoidable: 

4 hours ago, old3bob said:

more or less we all have selective reading of posts which is proven by our responses.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

More like "what is huge can't be comprehensively addressed point by point" -- including a difference in opinion that is huge ("unembraceable"-- no one's arms are long enough to comprehensively embrace all of it), a huge discrepancy in what two different people perceive as "vice" and "virtue" -- also the sheer volume of written material showing up on social media, including on this forum --

which is why what you pointed out is unavoidable: 

agreed per human standards, but not in the eye of nature or Tao (so to speak) which is not bound or limited by human standards.

(and is related to why a great Sage rooted in Tao can not be defeated by a great but rootless demon) 

Edited by old3bob

Just trust The Science® and The Media and you can't go wrong.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Just trust The Science® and The Media and you can't go wrong.

isn't that because  runny egg yoke is healthier than hard boiled, especially if it came from a happy uncaged chicken who got its share of plump, insecticide free grasshoppers.  :)

37 minutes ago, old3bob said:

isn't that because  runny egg yoke is healthier than hard boiled, especially if it came from a happy uncaged chicken who got its share of plump, insecticide free grasshoppers.  :)

The Science does not differentiate -- the USDA asserts that the difference in eggs from happy uncaged chickens and factory farmed chickens is minimal.  Based on their own regulations they are actually telling the truth for a change of pace, but only because, according to those  regulations, chickens that are let out of cages for a few days in a year can be labeled "free range" or "cage free," as opposed to chickens that are never let out of cages.  Most "free range" chickens, for whose eggs we pay two to three times more, are let out of cages once a month for a couple of hours.   So they might eat a few grasshoppers in a lifetime if they're particularly lucky, the rest is corn.  So, yes, the difference might indeed be minimal -- until they investigate the real thing, which has nothing to do with those labels and is produced by a chicken that runs around digging for worms all day long, absorbing all the sun that will go into the egg to raise its vitamins A and D levels tenfold, to say nothing of the rest of the nutrients and, importantly, the happiness of the chicken producing it that will also contribute to its stellar nutritional value.    

Of course if the egg is contaminated with humongous amounts of pesticides, antibiotics and hormones, it can easily be made into something very unhealthy, no question, but in this respect eggs aren't different from any other food items --

and scrambling the ingesting party's metabolism this way can lead to what-not, including but not limited to diabetes.  But the egg itself has nothing to do with it.

Runny or hard-boiled is not that important.  Most nutrients in the egg are not destroyed by sensible cooking.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Taomeow said:

The Science does not differentiate -- the USDA asserts that the difference in eggs from happy uncaged chickens and factory farmed chickens is minimal.  Based on their own regulations they are actually telling the truth for a change of pace, but only because, according to those  regulations, chickens that are let out of cages for a few days in a year can be labeled "free range" or "cage free," as opposed to chickens that are never let out of cages.  Most "free range" chickens, for whose eggs we pay two to three times more, are let out of cages once a month for a couple of hours.   So they might eat a few grasshoppers in a lifetime if they're particularly lucky, the rest is corn.  So, yes, the difference might indeed be minimal -- until they investigate the real thing, which has nothing to do with those labels and is produced by a chicken that runs around digging for worms all day long, absorbing all the sun that will go into the egg to raise its vitamins A and D levels tenfold, to say nothing of the rest of the nutrients and, importantly, the happiness of the chicken producing it that will also contribute to its stellar nutritional value.    

Of course if the egg is contaminated with humongous amounts of pesticides, antibiotics and hormones, it can easily be made into something very unhealthy, no question, but in this respect eggs aren't different from any other food items --

and scrambling the ingesting party's metabolism this way can lead to what-not, including but not limited to diabetes.  But the egg itself has nothing to do with it.

Runny or hard-boiled is not that important.  Most nutrients in the egg are not destroyed by sensible cooking.  

I didn't know that about the short time that chickens are let out of cages, good info...(I was kidding about the yolk)

• Like 1

By the gods... The health saga of eggs is downright comical.

Seems to oscillate every few months for the last 30 years... badgoodbadgoodbadgood.  I stopped paying attention long ago.

Get my eggs from a reliable source.  They are local uncaged and the yolks are a deep amber orange, not yellow/green.

I generally eat 2 or 3 every day and often ask my wife while I'm cracking them... "So are eggs good again?  or bad again?  I forget."

my answer is.

*they're amazing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

From the USDA web site:

"Eggs in cartons that do not contain the USDA grade mark (shield) are not required to meet USDA facility sanitation and labeling requirements.

Eggs packed in USDA grade mark consumer packages labeled as free range must be produced by hens that are able to roam vertically and horizontally in indoor houses, have access to fresh feed and water, and continuous access to the outside during the laying cycle. Cage free are laid by hens that are able to roam vertically and horizontally in indoor houses."

In general Organic standards are stricter, but I have not addressed those here.

I purchase eggs produced locally when ever possible from small local producers whom I know. And whom don't label their eggs to USDA standards because they don't have to. They are selling direct to the end user and trust is integral to our relationship.

Just one look is all it took! There tremendous difference in the yolk color and consistency. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

By the gods... The health saga of eggs is downright comical.

Seems to oscillate every few months for the last 30 years... badgoodbadgoodbadgood.  I stopped paying attention long ago.

Get my eggs from a reliable source.  They are local uncaged and the yolks are a deep amber orange, not yellow/green.

I generally eat 2 or 3 every day and often ask my wife while I'm cracking them... "So are eggs good again?  or bad again?  I forget."

my answer is.

*they're amazing!

I think it's more than 30 years -- I remember how doctors told my paternal grandmother not to eat eggs when I was a little girl, and she didn't, then they told her, forget it and eat them because all that hoopla about cholesterol was proven wrong, and then again, boom -- avoid, cholesterol!! -- and she was always trying to do as the doctors/newspapers say, authority was everything (a classical case of learning via trauma conditioning, she learned the hard way to do as authorities say -- any authorities).  But it was difficult for anyone with functional memory to do as they say, because they turned what they say 180 degrees so often.  The only way to do as they say was to become amnesiac.  Most people are trained to oblige, and to forget on cue in order to believe in the Latest Science®  -- which in the case of eggs happens to be the least of our problems with this approach.

By the way, dietary cholesterol in general (not just from eggs, from anything that has cholesterol) contributes a maximum of 5% (more often far less) to the overall cholesterol in the bloodstream.  95% is produced endogenously, by our own liver, and how much or how little of it will be produced depends primarily on the level of toxicity it has to handle.  High cholesterol is a defense mechanism the body uses when the level is too high and the liver and other organs charged with metabolizing and eliminating toxins are not coping -- so part of the toxic load is arrested for future reference, trapped in cholesterol (and also in body fat) in hopes of a future chance of  processing and elimination, and also to prevent toxins from roaming free in the bloodstream, damaging organs and systems on their unchecked wild ride.  Which is why lowering high cholesterol with drugs is like firing the garbage collectors when there's too many garbage collecting machines driving around -- they don't look nice, and seem to contribute to traffic jams.  But once they're fired, no one collects that extra garbage anymore...  A better idea would be to produce less garbage.  But then, it's the producers of garbage who are in charge of those Scientific decisions, but don't let me digress too far.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Yea, I'm sure you're right and it's much longer than 30 years.  Part of that entire industrialization/acclimation process. *spit*

I know the longest of all the lines at our Farmer's Market is for those eggs.  It stretches past the neighboring six or seven stalls sometimes.

It was the line that first caused me to check them out. 

Whenever I see Americans willingly wait in a line patiently... I get intrigued.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Yea, I'm sure you're right and it's much longer than 30 years.  Part of that entire industrialization/acclimation process. *spit*

I know the longest of all the lines at our Farmer's Market is for those eggs.  It stretches past the neighboring six or seven stalls sometimes.

It was the line that first caused me to check them out. 

Whenever I see Americans willingly wait in a line patiently... I get intrigued.

OK, you just convinced me to go to our local Sunday farmers' market to look for eggs.  :D  Usually I don't shop there on a regular basis, alas, not because of lines but because of parking problems (which is the same thing if you think about it, but I have less tolerance for this kind of line than for any on-foot line) -- and on occasion, when I do get there, I typically get distracted from my shopping plan by a French chef who sells his homemade carnivorous fares and chats me into spending all my money at his stall every time with utmost ease...  Gonna go see if I can resist this time. ))  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

OK, you just convinced me to go to our local Sunday farmers' market to look for eggs.  :D  Usually I don't shop there on a regular basis, alas, not because of lines but because of parking problems (which is the same thing if you think about it, but I have less tolerance for this kind of line than for any on-foot line) -- and on occasion, when I do get there, I typically get distracted from my shopping plan by a French chef who sells his homemade carnivorous fares and chats me into spending all my money at his stall every time with utmost ease...  Gonna go see if I can resist this time. ))  

Kindred Spirit... we park several blocks away and walk around and through the park to enter our market, avoiding the main street and parking lot entirely.  I swear folk's IQ and patience all but evaporate in parking lots here in SoCal. 

Some obsessive rush that overrides logic for the duration of the drug-like pursuit of 'scoring the perfect spot'.

We have a grass fed bison stand that we will be trying out for the first time this holiday season.

• Like 1